[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you eat when you're on a road trip in rural flyover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Todays-Exceptional-Find1.jpg (1MB, 1554x907px) Image search: [Google]
Todays-Exceptional-Find1.jpg
1MB, 1554x907px
Where do you eat when you're on a road trip in rural flyover country? Town diners? Bars? Chain restaurants? Fast food? What do you order?

Just curious what other road warriors grab when they're in the wasteland.
>>
>>8287199
TACO BELL AND SUBWAY. I DONT RISK ANYTHING ELSE IN FLYOVER LAND.
>>
>>8287203
I think both of those are fairly risky, particularly Subway. When I was a kid, I got a meatball sub at a Subway in a trucker gas station and had the shits for about a week after. Plus, all of their meat has that watery sweat all over it. The smell of their "fresh" bread alone is enough to make me retch.
>>
>>8287210
IVE NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH SUBWAY. I HEAR SIMILAR THINGS OF TACO BELL GIVING PEOPLE THE RUNS. IVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT EITHER. I THINK MOST OF THE COMPLAINERS ARE JUST NANCY BOYS WHO CANT HANDLE ANYTHING SPICIER THAN RICE
>>
>>8287218
sir please stop shouting.
>>
>>8287220
NO ONE IS SHOUTING HERE. THIS IS A CIVILIZED CONVERSATION.
>>
>>8287233
Thanks, Ken M.
>>
>>8287199
I was in Fargo and part of MN over the summer for a wedding. Food there was crap except for the fried walleye. I don't know how those people are so fat; their food is barely palatable.
>>
>>8287199
Ahhhhh, yes, the good old fashion road tripping, I love it. I'm about to do that in a few weeks, from the Pacific Northwest (where I live) down through the Southwest, and into Texas, and then back again.
After doing this same trip for so many years I've learned the hard way.
>NO fast food. That stuff will sit in your gullet like rocks, and by the time you get to your destination, you'll look like a 4 month pregnant woman, and it'll take you days to eliminate it, plus you'll be bloated and feel like ass.
>Try local cuisine. This is a must. Fuck, it's not like we don't have technology now, use Yelp or Trip Advisor, or whatever site you want, or just stop and ask the locals. The best food I've had on road trips was by trying the local places.
>Always have an ice chest with decent road food in it. Just in case your driving through the boonies and there's no place to stop if you're hungry. This trip, I'm taking several containers full of gazpacho (since I can basically sip it while I drive) a couple bags of mixed raw vegetables, some beef jerky, some boiled eggs (and a bottle of hot sauce), some apples, and some cheese and crackers. Plus bottled water, a thermos for coffee or hot tea, and some bottles of wine to drink when I get to a hotel.
>>
>>8287782
sounds like you've just been accustomed to minority jizz
>>
>>8287199
>flyover country
fuck off.

The local diner is the only correct opinion
>>
File: 97-2-1.png (940KB, 745x626px) Image search: [Google]
97-2-1.png
940KB, 745x626px
>>8287218
>>8287203
>TACO BELL AND SUBWAY

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF PUSSY
>>
>>8288418
YOU SEEM UPSET
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.