[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stew recc thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: slow cooker.jpg (24KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
slow cooker.jpg
24KB, 564x423px
I just bought a slow cooker and want to make a really nice stew to break it in. Never used a slow cooker before and quite excited about it. Have a local butcher and thus can pick up meat and veg easily. Could I have a recc for a really nice stew please? Nothing with red wine though, I'm sick of that shit. Please and thank you.

I recently made a gumbo for the first time, and it took about ten hours but was worth the effort. It was the most time-intensive dish I've ever made. The link to the recipe I used is below:

Gumbo du Monde

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/gumbo.html
>>
>>8286911
Sure.

Get some cubes of beef, season them with salt and pepper, then coat with flour. Brown them on all sides in a pan, then transfer them to your slow cooker.

Pour some homemade beef stock into the pan you used to brown the meat in order to deglaze it. Pour the stock & the fond from the pan into the slow cooker. Switch the cooker on.

After it's cooked for a few hours then add your vegetables and continue cooking until the meat is tender. If you add the veggies too soon then they'll turn to mush so the idea is to add them later in the cooking process.
>>
>>8286938
Great info, will definitely use. That said, the homemade beef stock: isn't that a few trash cuts of meat, a sachet d'epices, some onions maybe and then boiling it down for about 6 hours?
>>
>>8286959

Mainly bones, but include some meat as well. 2 lbs bones/scraps yeilds 1 quart of finished stock.

Gentle simmer, never boil.

I'd say more like 12 hours if you can spare the time. Or you can make the stock in your slow cooker, just let it run overnight then skim the fat off afterward.
>>
>>8286911
Nice dubs, I'm always 1 off :(
>>
I just made a Greek pork and celery stew with egg and lemon sauce.
>>
>>8286967
I feel your pain, my singular amigo :(

>>8286966
Alright, I suppose it's a project then. I'll get the slow cooker on it all night tonight and make stew tomorrow.
>>
Update: The cooker came. It's pic related. Pretty excited to try it out. Got some bones cooking in the oven, then it'll be in the pot overnight for a stock. Leek, beef, an onion and some parsnip along with a few spices. New to cooking myself, so this is all more exciting than it probably ought to be. Thanks for being a friendly board so far.
>>
salsa chicken
>>
File: slow cooker 1.jpg (150KB, 1502x1127px) Image search: [Google]
slow cooker 1.jpg
150KB, 1502x1127px
>>8287268
Pic related*
Got the bones and shit all cooking up in there along with the grease from the meat, some veg, garlic and herbs. Truly, mine is an exciting life.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.