[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some easily avoided/upgraded kitchen pleb filters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 0005210002008_A.jpg (25KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
0005210002008_A.jpg
25KB, 380x380px
What are some easily avoided/upgraded kitchen pleb filters?
>>
Pre-peeled/crushed garlic
>>
Why is it wrong to use pre-ground pepper but totally acceptable to use pre-ground cinnamon, allspice, coriander, cumin etc.
>>
Flavors or anykind
>>
>>8285781
Because you can use black pepper on fuckin' everything so it makes perfect sense to have a separate thing in your kitchen for grinding up that one thing specifically
>>
>>8285777
TRIGGERED
>>
>>8285781
>pre-ground coriander
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>8285801
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=257510515
>>
>>8285801
in addition to the leaf, you can use coriander seed as spice also
>>
>>8285804
>>8285808
oh the seeds! alright ill pass that.
>>
>>8285816
>>8285801
You're a fucking idiot, mate.
>>
onion powder
>>
>>8285977
And garlic powder.
>>
>>8285977
>>8286008
they both serve a completely different purpose from their fresh counterparts
>>
>>8286027
Americans are obsessed with onion and garlic powder. That's all it takes to know they're for plebs: america is the only country that uses them in home cooking.
>>
>>8285781
i find freshly ground pepper to taste much better
but thats just me
>>
>>8285781
Pepper loses a lot of its flavor within days of being ground, apparently. Some spices retain their flavors better.
Most grinders allow for the grind size to vary.
That said, I'm lazy and still use the pre-ground stuff. Its okay.
>>
>>8286027
>they both serve a completely different purpose from their fresh counterparts
What's that m8?
>>
>>8285781
The skin keeps the flavors in!
>>
>>8285781
Most of the flavour of black pepper comes from the oils inside the peppercorns and it loses its intensity quickly once ground.
>>
>>8285767
dull as fug knives
>>
Premixed spice combinations
>>
>>8286347
You didn't think this through, did you? Garam masala is a premixed spice combination, so is cajun seasoning, khmeli suneli, chilli powder and many more. Find me a chef who doesn't use any of those.
>>
>>8286353

I don't understand why I find all these curry recipes that have 3/4 of typical garam masala ingredients listed and then the garam masala on top of it. I would expect a good chef to just add the 2-3 spices missing and skip the masala
>>
>>8286219
The obsession continues.. I'm sure they're used in your halal snack packs more than you think
>>
>>8286484
The terrible reading comprehension continues: reread my post, I specifically said only America uses them for HOME cooking.
>>
>>8286219
I only use garlic powder on pizza
>>
>>8286501
Classic steak rubs use both. They're used in spice blends often too
>>
>>8286242
Just buy a pre filled peppercorn grinder for like two dollarydoos. The difference is enormous.
>>
>>8285781
The only one of those I buy pre-ground is cinnamon, and only because it's a pain to grind.
I would highly recommend grinding the others yourself, the flavor will be way better. Buying whole spices is one of the easiest ways to step up your cooking.
>>
I've seen someone use a pairing knife to painfully chop an onion small enough to fit underneath a slap chop.
>>
>>8285767
>electric stoves
>ceramic pots/knives/etc.
>cheap knives
they're like cheap shoes, you save in the long run if you buy quality
>gizmos that only do one thing
except for rice cookers, they're cheap and handy
>colored salt
>>
>>8288428
>electric stoves

Some of us rent and don't have a choice
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.