[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divisive Foods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: sardine_can.jpg (172KB, 902x538px) Image search: [Google]
sardine_can.jpg
172KB, 902x538px
What are some foods you like that are unpopular or at least considered to be acquired tastes?

>sardines
>anchovies
>marmite
>tripe
>chicken feet
>fruitcake
>oysters
>very dark chocolate
>capers
>olives
>steak tartare
>brussels sprouts
>haggis
>>
Whisky.

>but thats not food

Welp, it is all I consume, so...
>>
>liver
>beef tongue
>>
>>8285236
>Blood sausage, anything made with blood, actually
>Surstroming
>Brain soup
>Apparently, buckwheat. I was surprised.
>Genitalia (all animal species)
>>
>>8285262
>Surstroming
I draw few limits but that's one of them.
>>
I grew up eating seaweed my whole life and i brought some to class one day and people seemed outrageously disgusted by the idea of it.
>>
>>8285250
Aversion to liver and tongue is a cultural thing tho, not an aversion to their taste, people almost universally like properly prepared tongue and liver if they're not told what they're eating beforehand
>>
File: 1478563470429.jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478563470429.jpg
54KB, 960x720px
>>8285236
I seem to be one of ten who love ginger ale and Vodka.
>>
Vegemite
Chicken feet
Capers
Brussels sprouts

None of those are considered to be acquired tastes tbqh
People are just grossed out by chicken feet, they're still chicken
>>
>>8285236
I'll eat any of those foods on the list. Well maybe not the chicken feet, having eaten them once and only once.
>>
>>8286193
but that's 2/3rds of a moscow mule
>>
>>8286194
>Vegemite
C'mon it's definitely an acquired taste.
>>
>>8285236
Oh thanks for reminding me OP, I have a few cans of sardines in the cupboard, I should eat some tomorrow.
>>
>>8285262
>brain

enjoy your Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
>>
>LiverMush
>>
Tried out braunschweiger once. Was a bit too much for me. It's strong.
>>
>>8285236
Im not sure what foods are considered an acquired taste, but I do enjoy sardines and oysters
>>
>>8286193
Ginger ale and whiskey is better

>>8286318
You can make a good dip/spread by mixing braunschweiger and cream cheese
>>
>>8286318
a little bit, smeared on the bread with other meat is awesome. Or pair t with cheese and some fruit
>>
I love everything you posted, only exceptions being the things I haven't tried. (marmit, chicken feet, haggis.)
>>
>>8285236
>sardines
>acquired taste
Literally what? It's just an ordinary fish.
>chicken feet
Doesn't taste weird at all, just culture difference. Doesn't fit under acquired taste.
>fruitcake
???
>brussels sprouts
Fucking Americans I swear to God
>>
>>8285236
Most of those aren't unpopular unless you live in Bumfuck, Nebraska. How fucking sheltered are you if you think that fucking olives are unpopular?
>>
>>8286259
It's only an acquired taste if you aren't fed it from a very young age.

My wife's son is half Australian and half Indonesian. He's only 6 months old right now but by the time he grows up, he will eat Vegemite, beef rendang, fried rice, steak on the grill with mashed potatoes and speak 2 languages with multiple dialects

Sheeeeeit
>>
All these posts and there is no mention of eggs or mushrooms?
>>
>>8285236
I ENJOY PINEAPPLES ON PIZZA AND THAT APPEARS TO BE QUITE DEVISIVE.
>>
>>8286660
>It's only an acquired taste if you aren't fed it from a very young age.
That is generally what an acquired taste is, yes.
>>
>>8285236
Fruitcake isn't really an acquired taste but a cultural long-term meme because people associate it with really shitty dry packaged cakes. It's more about never actually trying a decent one.
>>
>>8286660
>My wife's son is half Australian and half Indonesian
>He's 6 months old
Someone call /pol/
>>
>>8286478
My gf loves fish, but hates sardines. They are definitely a stronger tasting fish.
That being said, pickled herring is GOAT but a lot of people are terrified of it.
>>
>>8286778
Yes

>>8286795
No pls
>>
>>8287001
Is your wife's bull an abo or a muslim?
>>
File: alrighty then.jpg (45KB, 291x398px) Image search: [Google]
alrighty then.jpg
45KB, 291x398px
>>8286660

>My wife's son
>>
>>8285236
>brussels sprouts
maybe in america but not in europe
>>
>>8285262
I once took a big bite out of a horse's bollock and cock as well. It was a challenge in a student bar. The prize was a bottle of wine. The DJ looked absolutely repulsed by my vigour. I was just pissed off at the other 'contestants' - girls of course - being giggly and cautious. Lame desu. Got to grab horsecock by the pussy.

>>8286013
Untrue, my family enjoy liver, I think it tastes like shit. Same with kidney desu.
>>
>>8286259
ive never had vegemite but i tried marmite for the first time when i was 21 and loved it immediately
>>
>>8288897
That makes you a rare exception.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.