[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The soup for the guy who doesn`t like soups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 14253053722840.jpg (87KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
14253053722840.jpg
87KB, 600x883px
From my childhood i didn`t like most soups. The disgusting mush of boiled vegetables on the bottom coupled with meat/chicken/fish pieces of questionable quality. But the broth could be good. Still, i always prefered just to roast some meat/chicken for dinner.
So, i asked myself, how should i do a tasty soup?
Instead of bad meat that is not plesant to eat when boiled, i just use some beef bones. Bone broth is said to take up to 6 hours, so i should wait for weekend for that.
Some nice noodles for filling.
Lots of spices and herbs instead of vegetables. I love vegetables, but they belong in the salad.
Ok, maybe i`ll throw some roasted/fresh garlic and onion just before i`ts done.
So, ck, what are your ideas of a soup that doesn`t remind of awful school/hospital meals?
>>
>>8284778
>The disgusting mush of boiled vegetables on the bottom coupled with meat/chicken/fish pieces of questionable quality.

You remind me of my one friend who said that soup was just "soggy food".

Is that you, Rob??
>>
>>8284778
>Bone broth
It's called stock you vine watching, buzzfeed reading millenial cancer.
>>
>>8284784
Unless I adopted a second identity after a traumatising soup experience, probably no.
>>
I think you'd have better luck with thick soups, most of the soups which created your aversion were probably thin ones. Strips of ham can work well in soup and might not resemble the pieces of meat you hated in the past.

But if you really want clear soup with no identifiable vegetables or meat in it you're kinda stuck with consommes.
>>
File: 14095071120750.jpg (133KB, 499x406px) Image search: [Google]
14095071120750.jpg
133KB, 499x406px
>>8284792
I actually prefer the term "bouillon"
>>
File: 14245096808843.jpg (73KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
14245096808843.jpg
73KB, 800x629px
>>8284796
Thanks for the response.
Does the process of making consomme (the whole egg thing) improves the flavour or it`s just aesthetic?
>>
>>8284778
>Bone broth is said to take up to 6 hours, so i should wait for weekend for that.
You can just do it over night or leave the stock pot on the stove while you're gone and do the cooking in bursts of a few hours at a time.
A good broth is the key to a good soup. You can literally just cook some noodles in a broth and sprinkle on some herbs, and there you are.
Another cool thing is cream of x soup, for which you will need vegetables, cream, an immersion blender and something like mushrooms, pumpkin or seafood. Eat with crusty bread. There are millions of recipes online.

On a sidenote, you're the only person I've ever seen using the grave accent instead of the apostrophe. This is the grave accent, it goes on top of a vowel in written languages such as French: ´
This is the apostrophe, it goes between letters in English and other written languages: '
>>
>>8284818
This is the grave accent: `
What I posted was the acute accent: ´
But this still is the apostrophe: '
>>
>>8284818
Europeans do it a lot. Something about their keyboards not having apostrophes.
>>
>>8284811

It's just aesthetic. It makes the stock clear, that's it.
>>
>>8284838
Show me a keyboard layout that has accents, but no apostrophes readily available. It has to do with not knowing how to do it right, mostly.
>>
File: IMG_1810.jpg (110KB, 718x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1810.jpg
110KB, 718x833px
>>8284778
I wonder what OP is going to make with that Rape Oil.

Oh
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.