[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone on AllRecipes is retarded.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>be me
>go on allrecipes
>find 5 star rated tuna thing
>cook it
>tastes overpowered as fuck as if I drank an entire bottle of sesame oil and ate a whole ginger root
>check the reviews
>everyone that rated 5 stars didn't follow the recipe and did their own shit

IF YOU'RE GOING TO RATE IT 5 FUCKING STARS YOU SHOULD BE RATING IT FOR THE RECIPE THAT IT IS, NOT THE BULLSHIT ONE IT ISN'T.
>>
File: shelly77524.gif (499KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
shelly77524.gif
499KB, 250x191px
>doesn't read reviews or comments of online recipe before trying it
you deserved it.
>>
>>8284820
It was rated 5 stars. It's like as if I went to go see iron man in theatres and all the reviews rated it 5 stars because they liked brokeback mountain.
>>
>>8284870
Trusting movie reviews like that is pointless too.

I haven't seen many good online recipes that don't need at least a little tweaking.
>>
>>8284882
This wasn't just a little tweaking. This was like a zero star. The reviews should have said shit like : USE HALF THE AMOUNT OF SESAME instead of : PERFECT RECIPE. That gives the impression that the recipe is perfect and there is nothing to improve even though the reviewers knew and stated in the very bottoms of their reviews as a footnote that the sesame was overpowered.
>>
>>8284765
More like

>See a recipe
>Check the 1 star reviews to see if there's anything gravely wrong
>"I DON'T REALLY LIKE [INGREDIENT]/I THOUGHT THERE WAS TOO MUCH X/I CAN'T EAT Y SO I SUBSTITUTED/REDUCED/REMOVED THIS AND IT WAS BAD"

Usually they complain about what they substituted too
>>
>>8284893
lol u r so hurt u should have just read

better luck next time

turn this into a fucked up recipe thread? i'll start

>buy avon international cookbook at thrift store
>see recipe from chile for empanadas
>recipe calls for pimiento stuffed olives, hard boiled eggs, and raisins
>very against it but not chilean so decide to try it
>turns out shit just like i was afraid of
>very frustrated but not poorfag so ordered takeout
>fed bad empanadas to family of red foxes living next to my complex
>still had a good day
>>
>>8284907
I fucking hate those even worse.
>>
>>8284912
Kek. I'm not hurt I'm just pissed off that people don't understand how reviewing and rating stuff works. When you review a product, you review the product you bought, not a product similar to the one you bought.
>>
>>8284920

>made a thread on an anonymous cooking board just to bitch
>"I'm not hurt I'm just pissed off"

u sound hurt op
u talk like u voted for hillary too
>>
>>8284765
If you've been cooking for a while common sense should kick in, unless of course you's a little soft in the head. I hear you though, happened to me a few times, didn't read reviews, tried to do recipe as instructed, but then realized it's too much oil or whatever other ingredient and cut it down. Nowadays I look for different recipes of the same thing online and modify it, never follow one recipe. You have to realize half these freaks rating probably think Olive Garden and whatever is good Italian food. I mean look at people like Jack on dooftube and read his reviews, most of them are people praising him.
>>
>>8284929
I'm not even American. Hilary is a stupid dyke.
>>
>>8284953
I'd had experience with sesame seed before, just not sesame oil. It was way more potent than I expected, but I still followed the recipe to rule. Next time I'll stick to my gut when it comes to cooking.
>>
I usually stay away from allrecipes, too many "add one can of campbells cream of mushroom soup" type recipes.

epicurious.com is a good place to find quality recipes.
>>
>>8285763
I usually use epicurious except I was on my mobile and I can't get the app anymore so I went with allrecipes. To be brutally honest I trust you guys on /ck/ more than I trust any other cooking website.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.