[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Cleaning/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 121232312313123123123123.jpg (94KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
121232312313123123123123.jpg
94KB, 1024x574px
Guys, how do you keep your pans clean? When I was growing up my mom would always leave the food on the pan even after serving it. But now I realize that that is actually incorrect for the purposes of cleaning. So i'm curious, does anyone here put the cooked food in a serving plate then from there serve to plates? Or do you guys just keep it in the pan?
>>
Just use Tupperware or a bowl you autisticfuck.
>>
>>8284690
Most of the time I serve it on its own plate, etc

Unless it's soup, for some reason

I draw the line at having to use a tureen.
>>
>>8284690

Serve from pan then put leftovers in a pyrex. I don't understand how you even need to ask this.
>>
>>8284719
>>8284725
This, OP.

You plate straight from the pan. If it's a soup, just use a ladle. If there are leftovers, Tupperware or Pyrex.

Generally speaking, the best course of action for stuck or burnt food on a pan is to put water in the pan over medium heat to help separate the greasy bits, after which you can hand scrub.

It's not hard.
>>
>>8284719
>>8284725
>>8284737

Traditionally after cooking, the food is moved to a serving platter for the dining table. If you leave the food on the plate it will still since the plate is still hot. If the food sticks to the pan you still have to clean it strong chemicals and/or and abrasive, which can damage your pan and lower it's quality gradually. As appose to moving all the cooked food and leaving the pan off the stove to cool before easy cleaning. This preserves the pan's quality and lessens the cleaning time in general. I just asked because I was curious if anyone else did this.

>>8284719

You've completely missed the question. Using a Tupperware is not relevant to my question as it deals with left overs. Nobody in their right mind would serve from a Tupperware. You autisticfuck.
>>
>>8284747

You made this thread to "be difficult" troll. Be less obvious next time.
>>
>>8284747
>Traditionally after cooking, the food is moved to a serving platter for the dining table.
Source?

You cook the food in the pan, then move the food from the pan to the plate or bowl you intend to eat out of. The only time you would ever use a serving dish or tray is if you are expected to make food that can be picked by several individuals or Internet see to serve them in large portions. Think dumplings or a sliced ham.

Only a retard has to go through the trouble of scouring a pan with Comet or some other harsh cleaning chemical. If you let the pan cool you're doing the opposite of engaging in efficient cleaning. Just use some hot water goddamn.
>>
File: rsz_flyover_country_onion_7885.jpg (30KB, 350x246px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_flyover_country_onion_7885.jpg
30KB, 350x246px
>>8284747
>Nobody in their right mind would serve from a Tupperware.

Well...
>>
>>8284690
I use stainless, carbon steel, and cast iron.

Always make sure the pan is hot before adding oil, and your shit won't stick.

When it's done, serve it all from the pan, or put it in a container, and your shit won't stick.

Rarely do I need to do anything more than simply rinse the pan under water with a sponge. I don't even use soap.

This works for all my pans.
>>
>>8284763
>flyover countries are wu tang logo
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>8284761
>to make food that can be picked by several individuals

But that's the norm. You cook for your family and/or friends. Generally speaking you always cook for multiple people.

Eating alone is the oddity.
>>
File: 1311538551914.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1311538551914.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>8284690
>When I was growing up my mom would always leave the food on the pan even after serving it. But now I realize that that is actually incorrect for the purposes of cleaning. So i'm curious, does anyone here put the cooked food in a serving plate then from there serve to plates?

Just eat from the pan and save yourself the extra washing up.
>>
>>8284690

How dense are you? Just cover the leftovers with a lid and nothing will dry out and stick to the pan. If you have trouble cleaning something juat use dish soap and hot water, if somwthing is burn and hard to clean again dish soap and water and just turnon the heat for 10 minutes and then just rinse the pan.

I really don't understand why basic human functions and things that should be naturally understood deserve their own thread... If you can't figure out shit like this, why even bother living?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.