[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best "revelation"-food moment of your life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: eggplant-claypot-green-cafe[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant-claypot-green-cafe[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Too much bullshit normie low-tier posts atm.

What was your "HOLY SHIT I want to eat this everyday" moment? What ingredients made it that special? And where can we eat this, when we make a vacation in the area?

For me it probably was an eggplant-curry with cinnamon in Vietnam. A small city, Hoi An - but I would travel to vietnam again, just to eat 2 weeks 5 times a day in Hoi An, at one of Ms. Li's Restaurants. Seldom ate so friggin good food.

Pic related, it kinda looked like this in a claypot.
>>
whenever i eat curry i shit myself :o(
>>
>>8278177

ever tried to narrow it down to some of the ingredients?

Maybe it's just too much oil for you, or the coconut-milk. Although coconut-milk usually isn't the problem.
>>
>>8278187
It's probably the oil and I also think they use ghee too, right? Like an oil and butter combo platter combined with spices that probably add to the irritation.
>>
>>8278163
For me it is the McChicken the best fast food sandwich
>>
>>8278192

depends, ghee is mostly used in indian curry. Vietnamese/Thaicurrys mostly use chilli to spice things up - which also could be part of the problem. Maybe your stomach can't handle the hot stuff?
>>
>>8278194
I still remember my first McChicken
>>
>>8278163
Revelation moments:

Grow up American thinking Chinese food is Chinese American take out menu. Be in high school when family moves to Montreal. Brother's new best friend is son of Cantonese immigrants who run a restaurant. They invite our family to their restaurant. They didn't even let us order, they just brought us food. Taste real Cantonese food with my family for the first time. All of us flip the fuck out. The dishes that really stood out were seafood in black bean sauce, pork with biter melon and baby bok choy with garlic.

Later date girl whose parents were ethnic Greeks from Turkey. Her mother is a serious home cook who knows both Greek and Turkish cooking. Hang with her in the kitchen. Learn how to cook. Marry daughter with humongous Greek wedding. Daughter decides she's a lesbo within a year. That ends that, but I walk away knowing how to cook.
>>
>>8278421
Same thing happened to me. An asian guy I got to know online came to my country with his wife, and invited my friend and I to have dinner with them.
We went to a little Chinese restaurant in a city I've never visited before, and they order in Chinese.
Very memorable food. The one that stood out the most for me was, IIRC, a lotus seed dessert. A relatively big ball, packed in some kind of edible paper, with a pink dot on it.

Another food item that I'll always remember is a thick slice of ham from a suckling pig. So incredibly tender and delicious~
>>
>>8278163
When I realized how delicious steamed Brussels sprouts and broccoli are. Don't even need any spices or anything. I have them with every meal now and they're honestly my favourite food
>>
When I took left over rice and beans from the fridge, heated it on a pan with a bit of olive oil and broke an egg over it.
Then mixed it with salad and a random left over meat.

Looks like pig food but was actually really great
>>
>>8278631
Many of my big food revelation moments were having a meal blow apart preconceived notions. Because it's very easy to assume a specific cuisine is mediocre when all you've had are mediocre examples of it. Then you hang with people who know how to make or where to get the good stuff and you realize how amazing it actually is. Some other moments for me were:

Attending a songkran feast with a bunch of Thai Americans. That was way better Thai food than the tepid stuff at most of the Thai restaurants I've been to.

Dinner at the home of Italian immigrant neighbors when all I knew of Italian food was pizza and pasta in red sauce.

First time having Korean BBQ in Tokyo's Koreatown. Hory shit!

Grew up on tacos from Otrega kit and Taco bell. First taste of real tacos was a fucking revelation. Same was true of brick oven pizza after growing up on slice joints and chain pizza.
>>
>>8278194

Do u post the same thing in all threads lol thats dedication....to the McChicken
>>
>>8278163
xiaolongbao, russian pelmeni

i like meat in dough
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.