[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade Baked Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Sup /ck/

I've decided to start making homemade baked beans since they taste great but the store-bought ones are full of sugar and salt, plus the tins are lined with harmful chemicals.

Give me your best British style (e.g., Heinz) baked beans recipes, none of that American crap.
>>
The chemicals, salt and especially the sugar are what make the baked beans taste so good.
>I like getting drunk but this alcohol stuff is for the birds
>>
>>8277903
>the tins are lined with harmful chemicals.
>>
>>8277903
Baked beans are inherently smotherer in sugar and salt.

Just buy dried beans, soak and boil them.
>>
>>8277903
I could give you a good one that I use that starts with dried navy or great northern beans but I'm not British, so fuck off.
>>
>>8278383
If you're American, I don't want your retarded recipe anyway. You were probably gonna tell me to add some sort of pork and treacle to it.
>>
>>8278393
Wow! You're as openminded as a typical American, judging something (my recipe) before you've seen or tasted it. You sure you're not actually American and just shitposting?
>>
>>8278409
Okay, if I'm wrong prove it, post a recipe without pork and treacle.
>>
>>8278078
Like tin!
>>
>>8278417
Strange, I looked up a recipe for "British Baked Beans - Heinz style and there was 1/2 cup of sugar for 750g of beans. Why don 't you just eat handfuls of sugar you moronic mong? My recipe uses less of a sweetener than that, but you won't be seeing it. Now go take a bath in your sugar water, faggot.
>>
beans + tomato paste + water + whatever spices you want. msg, ginger, chili powder, black pepper, italian seasoning, curry powder, aspartame, and garlic powder are all good additions.

I also add cooked sliced carrots, peas, lentils and split peas
>>
>>8278467
British baked beans have half the sugar of 'American style' baked beans.

Why lie Cleetus?
>>
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/barbecued-baked-beans-5105

I usually start looking for recipes online at epicurious.com, and and pick one that has lots of reviews and atleast a 3.5 star rating. People think I'm an amazing chef, but really I just find good recipes.

I can't vouch for the recipe listed, haven't tried it. It did review well.
>>
>>8278501
You're an American and so am I, but I'm capable of reading above a 6th grade level. Apparently, not so you. Just where in my posts did you see a reference to "American Style?" Oh, you didn't. You saw "my recipe," you ignorant, inbred Neanderthal.
>>
Dark brown sugar, onions, mushrooms, passata, beans (of course), and chopped cherry tomatoes in the last roughly twenty minutes of cooking.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.