[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 20161114_194925.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_194925.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Cast Iron
High Heat
Tasty Cow
Simple Seasoning

This is how it's done.
>>
you forgot ketchup
>>
File: 1457116073675.jpg (201KB, 609x867px) Image search: [Google]
1457116073675.jpg
201KB, 609x867px
>>8276641
>burnt to shit black pepper on high heat

the only thing that should be going on prior to searing at this high of a temperature is salt. Any thing else will burn and bring an acrid taste. Pepper can go on later after it rests and be much better imo
>>
>>8276641
Disagree.
>Outdoor grill
>high heat
>tasty cow
>fresh ground black pepper and flake salt

This is how it's done.
>>
>>8276657
The OP didn't say that he peppered it beforehand. I'm >>8276662, and I never season my steak before cooking. Salting it beforehand doesn't make any difference either, and pepper burns. Pull it off the grill, and then season with black pepper and flake salt, and let it rest.
>>
>>8276662
you people are forgetting ketchup errytime
>>
>>8276648
>>8276662
'merican style 'chup only
>>
>>8276674
No one uses ketchup. Except PE Donny. Ketchup is for fags.
>>
>>8276657
Stupid nigger. That's not burnt pepper. Steak looks delicious.
>>
>>8276672
It appears to have large pieces of peppercorn burnt to it and a few in the pan as well.
>>
Steak is a meme
>>
where's the milk and jellybeans xD?
>>
>>8276672
But that's wrong... salting before hand definitely enhances the flavor of the crust.
>>
File: garbage_cc.jpg (180KB, 1367x1692px) Image search: [Google]
garbage_cc.jpg
180KB, 1367x1692px
>>8276672
>salting it beforehand doesn't make any difference either
>>
>>8276672
I ain't gonna wade into the pepper argument
but if you're not salting your steak and letting it sit out while it warms to room temperature then you're a plebian
>>
>>8276707
>>8276710
Not enough to make a difference. The only way that would make enough of a difference would be if you salted the steaks 2 hours ahead of time so that osmosis is reached and the salt has had time to permeate. Otherwise, don't bother until afterwards.
>>
>>8276689
There's definitely some sort of burnt herb or spice on that meat anon
>>
>>8276722
See >>8276725.
>>
So how do you heat the pan up to high without burning off your cast iron seasoning ?

Every time I have tried this I burn off the seasoning when getting the pan up to really high heat for searing a steak
>>
>>8276725

But this is wrong and you should feel bad as you eat your poorly prepared steaks.
>>
>>8276751
No, it's not wrong.
>>
>>8276641
Tastes good over fire too, especially over an aromatic wood.
>>
>>8276725
>The only way that would make enough of a difference would be if you salted the steaks 2 hours ahead of time
Which you should be fucking doing
A good steak is something to take care of and prepare in full, not whip out of the fridge 30 minutes before dinner and pan fry without any seasoning or resting.
>>
>>8276877
Not everyone is jobless lout who stays home all day.
I never cook a steak straight from the fridge, but not everyone has time to waste 2 hours before making dinner. Get a fucking grip, dude.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.