[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/y thread: Your Future edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 24

Last one hit bump limit

previous thread >>8259280
>>
>>8276487

Fuck, copy paste job it is for the music bros

>>8276458

I always find myself in really bizarre shit from where I started, but when I am fucked I go with it and listen loud.

Last night was Entombed Left Hand Path, never listen to metal normally but I like it.

Night before was a band called Reckless Kelly and the song was Crazy Eddies Last Hurrah, really good shit too. Again, would never normally listen to that.

God bless cheap whisky
>>
I"ve been sober a year and a half and, while I"m much better looking now, nothing else has improved. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I really needed drinking to be the thing that was ruining my life and now I've discovered that it really wasn't the problem. Fuck.
>>
fuck that shit doesn't belong here
>>
>>8276498
This is the root problem I think, we often look to blame our alcoholism for everything wrong in our lives and then are disappointed when we've quit and nothing has improved. However, I think our alcoholism is just a symptom of our failure and not the root cause of it all.
>>
>>8276498
How long did it take for your appearance to start getting a bit better? I've quit a few times and it always varies when I stop looking like death.
>>
im sleeping on a piss stained sheet

kill me now
>>
Literally what always happens to me. I'm sober for a month and realize that nothing's changed and I just feel like anxious piece of shit even without drinking and then I drink for a week straight.
>>
>>8276539
i had a few months where i would get blackout drunk and piss the bed about once or twice a week. i'm so glad that hasn't happened in months
>>
>>8276537
I went pretty hard in the gym and fixed my diet to keep me off of booze and I looked much better at 30 days sober. I had abs at 9 months sober.
>>
>>8276506
>>8276498
I think we fall into that trap because of the success stories of others, whose lives turned around after putting down the bottle. But the likelihood is that they were happy people with plenty going for them who just happened to drink themselves into a shitty place, due to either gradual addiction or some traumatic event. Take away the alcohol, and they're the same lively, outgoing, optimistic person that they always were. Take my alcohol away, and I'm the same depressed, lonely sack of shit I've always been.
>>
>>8276559
so glad im not alone in this

my record is 5 months sober

I wasn't any happier. at all.
>>
>>8276506
For me, and I guess you could classify it as a failing, I can't function in a social setting without drinking. I can work and interact without drinking where things are focused on accomplishing something. But just being around people casually without alcohol? I can't cope with it.
>>
>>8276487
lol, if I live as long as that dude
>>8276506
>>8276559
I can agree with these posts.
>>8276562
I haven't been sober for more than a month in the past 9 years I don't think. Definitely not more than 2 months for a fact.
>>
>>8276690
Have you had a general check up with a physician in recent times?

If yes, what was the verdict on your health?
>>
File: images (13).jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
7KB, 299x168px
Marijuana saved my life. Just saying.
>>
>>8276690
Yeah I have. Actually just at the very end of last month I thought I might be having a heart attack even though I'm only 27. I knew in my mind that I really didn't think I was going to die that day, but I had to go to the ER because I had never felt so fucked up before even though there was no pain.

I was hyperventilating and couldn't slow my heart down. Definitely panicking. They gave me an EKG and took my bloodwork, and then set me up with an IV of Ativan and vitamins since I finally let it slip that I had a history of drinking, didn't matter because I went to detox for the first time for 4 days earlier this year in the same hospital network so they know I'm in there.

After about an hour I could control my breathing and the ativan seemed to fix me up whether I truly needed it or not. In the end they didn't say anything was wrong with my heart and that there was no medical reason any of it should have happened.
>>
>>8276797
I forgot to include that my limbs were locking up so hard it was impossible for me to unclench my fists and the only thing they said was wrong with me was that my potassium levels were low. After I spent just a little while with a drip I was fine for the rest of the day and the day after.

I probably just had a really unmitigated panic attack and I haven't ever had one as bad as I did that day. I mean, no one really knows.
>>
>>8276806
Ah yeah that shit's happened to me. It basically ruined my life because now I'm scared of pretty much everything. Anything that makes me feel scared or panicky makes me feel like that's about to happen again
>>
>>8276817
I know your feeling. I can usually supress my anxiety on my own with the help of an SSRI, but nothing had ever hit me so hard before, I just had to go in. I've felt basically completely fine since then though (aka not in any danger for the time being).
>>
>>8276487
>drinking for years
>whenever i wipe my ass loads of blood is there
If I'm lucky I'll die soon
>>
>>8276835
Bright red or darker?
If it's bright red you just need to drink Metamucil every day.
>>
>>8276837
It's both, it seems to be random
>>
>>8276835
u prolly just have a bloody booty
>>
>>8276835
I've had extremely bloody wipes before but honestly it was just probably because I've had hemorrhoids for years. Even then it's like only happened to me twice. I've never outright shit blood or anything. If you're not spraying blood out of your ass I think you can live.
Just be careful and try not to die.
>>
>>8276797
>>8276806
You literally just described a panic attack. Insanely common in alcoholics. I would know, I go through them all the time.
>>
>>8276539
>>8276549
Check its not ur anti-depressents. I was drinking too much, getting arrested and pssing the bed because of AD's and not controlling drinking.
>>
>>8276858
I know I did, I've had them before but to me it was in the top 2 I've ever had and it felt extremely different. The whole time I was going in I was pissed off because I knew it was probably just a panic attack but I couldn't stop it.
>>
>>8276835
If the red is bright and pronounced you probably just have hemorrhoids. Big difference from blood from your anus or from internally.
>>
>>8276862

not on any. when I first started having withdrawals a doctor gave me like 100 benzos. ''take one a day'' yeah, right. I went through them like candy and got royally fucked

not going back on those things

and I just realized - that was 3 years ago
>>
Been a daily drinker for years. The other night I stayed in and didn't drink before bed. Woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and thought I saw shit in my room.
I've always joked about it for years but now I think I officially have a problem.
>>
>>8277130
If you've been a daily drinker for years you were probably already aware of it. That night terror just made it hard to continue ignoring.
>>
I havent had a drink in 6 days
>>
>>8276487
Its my first day in a long time without liquor. I kind of cheated though. I was stuck at work late and the liquor stores were closed by the time I got off. But still, I feel good. I think I'll enjoy going to sleep sober tonight.
Tomorrow is my day off however and those are the days I drink the most (obviously). Wish me luck tomorrow. And remember, its ok to be a quitter.
>>
>>8277577
Nice. Keep it up.
>>
Anyone ever have any issues with dissociation during the day?

I've been having really strange bouts of not feeling like I'm in my own body. I'll go to scratch my face or touch my arm, and it doesn't feel like it's me doing it and it comes as a surprise. Is this just stress/anxiety? I've started cutting back after I seem to have developed an irregular heartbeat and some gnarly muscle knots in the back of my shoulders.
>>
>>8277636
Normal drinking a day is about ~180 ML of hard liquor and 3 brews (Brown Shugga' lately). Essentially been doing this for 4 years, with a year, maybe year and a half, of sobriety thrown into the mix.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (42KB, 707x362px)
Capture.jpg
42KB, 707x362px
>>8276487
bought an 1/8th of some dispensary weed hoping it would help me drink less but its a sativa so it still makes me want to drink a little bit at the end of the night but its okay.(pic is same strain with the dispensary name edited out.)
>>
>>8277577
Well done, mate.
>>
You lads are my favourite people. I visit lots of websites like /r/cripplingalcoholism and stuff. I'm not even a cook(but i actually want to be one deep inside). but you guys are my favourite peoplee. I'm an alcoholic and DI like it here the best
>>
File: autistas15.jpg (71KB, 795x591px) Image search: [Google]
autistas15.jpg
71KB, 795x591px
>>8278841
Cheers, lads. I got this 1L bottle of vodka. Tomrrow is my 21tst birthday, I've been drinking since 13th from morning to evening. Mostly 7.5% beer, I'm lithuanian btw. Chairs
>>
File: IMG_20151028_133653.jpg (979KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151028_133653.jpg
979KB, 3264x2448px
>>8278851
>>
File: IMG_20160219_182050.jpg (855KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160219_182050.jpg
855KB, 3264x2448px
>>8278866 Ive been drinking everday since I turned 18. Literally. And mostly vodka everday for the last 20-30 months.
>>
File: 55.jpg (102KB, 525x658px)
55.jpg
102KB, 525x658px
>>
>>8278872
And I useed to drink 2L of vodka every day at some point. I'm lithuanian btw. Yeah this isn't a competition but reading those posts of americans who sound under-age and who brag about drinking 0.5L of vodka everey day for the last 3 months is fucking hilarious.
>>
File: MEEE.jpg (48KB, 354x629px) Image search: [Google]
MEEE.jpg
48KB, 354x629px
>>8278880
me the lad
>>
CARMELITA! HOLD ME TIGHTER!
>>
bros
>>
File: kibinai.jpg (89KB, 900x599px)
kibinai.jpg
89KB, 900x599px
>>8276487
Cmon lads. I wish i had some kibinai right now
>>
>>8278917
Those are like meat pastries. OR Empanadas. But lithuanian and superior. Really
>>
>>8276806
i've had what you've had with the panic attacks and locking of the limbs. i actually had to have one of my friends literally pour some vodka in my mouth right outside of the liquor store on time because i couldnt unclench my fingers to grab to bottle.. it wasn't a fun experience. i try not to go on long binges anymore because the withdrawal just continues to get worse and worse. dat kindling effect.
>>
Tips for drinking at work?
>>
>>8279135
hmm.. depends on what kind of job you have. i'm an alcoholic pizza delivery driver. probably the most convenient job you can have if you want to drink at work.. yet also the worst job to have if you are an alcohol. i sense a dui in my near future.
>>
>>8276835
The odds of hemorrhoids are far more likely than organ damage senpai
if it's bright red you're good
>>
not sure if I'm an alcoholic. the line becomes blurrier every day.

i like beer though
>>
>>8279152

I work in an office. My goal is to have a light buzz, achieved by taking vodka shots. I'm just worried about smell
>>
>>8279295
vodka is the way to go if you want the least amount of smell on your breath.. but don't be tricked into the "you can't smell vodka on breath at all" meme. i'd say get a decent buzz before going in, and then take single shots throughout the day to maintain it.. take an altoid in between shots. i find them to be the strongest mints. it is still going to be really riskier either way though. i'm lucky since half the time i am in my car, and if not in my car, i work in a kitchen that smells strongly of pizza, and in the kitchen i kind of just do my own thing. i dont really have to talk face to face with anyone. also,.. be carefully about keeping a buzz throughout the day. this will make withdrawal horrible.
>>
>>8279295
You really cant just mask your breath because the smell is coming from your lungs, not your mouth.
Best bet is to try to make people not breathe around you by never bathing or eating lots of canned fiah products etc
>>
File: 1471294148492.jpg (113KB, 960x960px)
1471294148492.jpg
113KB, 960x960px
>>8276487
Just wondering! Im an on and off drinker month almost daily, months without and so the cycle continues. It doesnt really disrupt my life and I am healthy otherwise! However Im a week out and I still feel bloated and distended. How long does this take to go away for you guys? Never really kept track in the past of how long it takes, but I have important things to look good for this weekend.

Should I be knocking back waters like crazy or something? Thanks guys and remember if youre going to be an alch to at least take your vitamins!
>>
>>8279152
Kill yourself before you kill someone else you piece of shit.
>>
>>8279295

don't worry buddy. if you're anything like me, eventually get to the point where you smell so bad because you haven't showered or changed your clothes in days.. people will smell that instead of the liquor

honestly, im not sure you can hide the smell in a small space. ive gotten into a car after about 12 shots and he said it smelled ''boozy''

try pickle juice though. its also good on a hangover. I wish I still got hangovers. now I get the shakes and paranoia
>>
Reposting this in the seemingly more active thread.

What's a good way to basically become an amateur bartender? I want to get a minibar for my place eventually but don't really know any drinks.
Where can I learn a bunch of drinks rather than just random googling for hours?
>>
>>8279740
...it would take you hours to google "Top ___ Staple Drinks for a Bartender to Know"

Oh, wow! Look at that!
http://www.bartenderjourney.net/drinks.html
>>
>>8279747
Wow, you know, you're right! I hate human interaction as well! Thanks!
>>
>>8279752
what were you expecting people to say here besides link to some resources.
You literally ask for a place to "learn a bunch of drinks".

Youre on 4chan. There already is no human interaction.
>>
>>8279754
I figured an alcohol general would know better resources than what 5 seconds of googling would bring. 4chan is actually pretty good at that sort of thing.
>There already is no human interaction.
>hurr durr we're all neets meme
>>
>>8279667
Still checking, just looking for tips to reduce bloating and general ugly stomach. No weight was gained... I know /alch/ isnt for people who quit generally but you must have tricks to deal with it so youre not constantly changing pant sizes.
>>
File: 1479085998420.jpg (68KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479085998420.jpg
68KB, 657x360px
>been drinking 1 to 2 shots daily for a few days

help me lads
>>
>>8280111
Drink more you faggot.
>>
>>8280124
seems like a slippery slope to more problems than i need.
>>
>>8278874
are those 2 liter bottles of hard cider?
>>
>>8276537

What >>8276554 said.

30 days, go hard in the gym, be sober. I shed pounds like a motherfucker. And your face will be the most noticeable. I've only been able to stay sober for maybe 2 months, but I lost 40 pounds by then, and that was being healthy and not starving myself.
>>
>get into a workout routine for a few months
>happy about the results
>alcoholism creeps up
>destroy gains for hooch
>getting random heart pains and palpitations, liver starting to hurt and tired all the time

I just want to train and drink. Thats all.
>>
>>8280111
>1 to 2 shots daily
That's literally like having one or two beers a day, which an enormous number of people do.
>>
>>8280179
Only way to really swing that is a couple beers, no more than 2 in a sitting, every now and again.
>>
>Go to the beer store today
>Bringing my haul up to the till
>Bottom of the box rips and all of the beers fall to the floor
>Panic
>Run away
>>
File: the-last-boy-scout-gun.jpg (37KB, 600x269px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-boy-scout-gun.jpg
37KB, 600x269px
>>8280285
>>8280285
Seeing that much beer rolling around and then not buying beer, is torture. Wtf
>>
Currently debating whether or not to go buy a bottle of vodka once the shop opens at 9. Been up all night and ran out of alcohol like 2 hours ago. Anxiety is taking over right now. It's a chore to do anything without alcohol in my system I panic over literally anything and now I'm gonna have to be the one in line asking for a litre of vodka having a panic attack at 9am. Fuck my existence.
>>
>>8276487
Just hit up the liquor store after work. Got this fucking monster.

I seriously thought it was light beer when I bought it (hence the large can), but it's 8%. I guess this is what's called "malt liquor"? Like Special Brew (Carlsberg) and Colt 45. It was also really fucking cheap.

I also got Guinness Blonde (wanted regular Guinness, but only blonde came in single serve), pre-mixed Jack and Cola, and 375ml of Bailey's.

Drinking the Jack and Cola tonight, the Guinness tomorrow, the Bailey's (maybe half, maybe all of it) Thursday, and the Labatt is for Friday (basically two beers in one can).
>>
>>8276487
>three weeks without a pause of good drinking, except in the morning
>either 12 beers a night, almost as many cans of hard cider, half a gallon of cask wine or most of a bottle of gin
>finally get around to clearing out all the cans and cardboard
>use the dozen or more gin bottles as vases, for drinking water or just forget about them
>family comes to visit for a meal and to help harvest garden/make chutney and passata etc.

Lots of strange uncomfortable expressions as they notice the gin bottles.
>mfw I might be an alcoholic
It doesn't hamper me much and I'm still in my 20s.

What have I got to worry about with liver damage? Is it volume or frequency of drinking or both?
>>
>25 and drank everyday since I was 17
>At 23 start getting crippling stomach pain
>Gf at the time makes me go see doctor.
>multiple blood tests etc
>I have "enlarged liver apparently"
>your gonna die if you don't stop anon
>too drunk to care, can't even remember how serious they said it was. They didn't set a date it could be years right?
>GF said she'd leave if I don't stop
>stop for 4 month feel good but bored as fuck
>have one drink to calm down before going for a meal
>told you it was me or the drink anon! GF ends 3 year relationship because of one drink. Don't even fight it
>pack my shit and go straight to buy vodka
>Sat on ck drunk as fuck with crippling depression and slowly dying
>just coughed up blood about 20 minutes ago feel like shit
>still to drunk to care. Cheers!
>>
>>8280768
Glad to have you, brother
>>
>>8276559

Nah, i've never really been happy. Diagnosed with depression at a very young age. Nothing really going for me. I'm just a hairdresser. I make shit money. I was in a long term relationship that was going nowhere.

I've been sober now for 7 months, pregnant with my first child. My life isn't exactly turned around. It's going in a much different direction. And it's not going to be easy. I still wouldn't consider myself a happy person. I have moments.

I can say despite all that though, it does really feel nice to be sort of normal again. To not spend every day in isolation slowly drinking myself to death. It feels better than I ever thought it would. I realized I haven't completely wasted my life yet.
>>
>>8277666
I figured the same thing once but soon learned that beer tastes so good when I'm high
>>
>>8280768
you'll probably die in your early 40's if you dont die from withdrawal first.. you should stop.. or atleast dont drink vodka or any spirits for that matter
>>
Been on a bender since Friday. Two pints of Old Milwaukee and then I'm done for the next couple of days. If I don't taper I get a terrible head fog that ruins me for a day.
>>
File: chavs.jpg (62KB, 523x600px) Image search: [Google]
chavs.jpg
62KB, 523x600px
>>8278874
>no frosty jacks
c'mon lad
>>
>>8278851
Happy belated birthday bro
>>
>>8280777
>>8280951
Thanks. And I'm not bothered at this point, I wasn't even planning on living to 30 desu I'm too far gone to stop
>>
File: american-flag-2a.jpg (171KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
american-flag-2a.jpg
171KB, 640x480px
What do I do?
>Try to stop, intense boredom/anxiety
Can't drink moderately, because If i'm alone I drink everything around me
>Used to smoke stimulants (recently stopped) and drink an upwards to 2-4 liters per 24-36 hours
>Heart palpitations cause me a great deal of discomfort

I assume gradually buying less (I have to borrow all money , my wife is starting to hard loaning me cash I never pay back) while getting a damn job/more hobbies to end the soul-crushing boredom, will help.

How do I stop the anxiety? I feel like I can't be myself unless I am intoxicated one way or the other.
How do I pick up the pieces and make new hopes & dreams from this damaged past?

I heard a few other people on here are sober and/or sobering up so I thought their might be insight on the baby steps towards getting myself on track.
>>
>>8280768

two weeks ago I walked out of detox and straight to the liquor store. my stomach hurt so bad only straight liquor would calm it down

cheers fellow anon
>>
>>8282392
Honestly, you just have to give it a time. Trust me, I know how hard it is, but seriously just give it time. Every thing does start to improve...slowly at first, but things start to pick up. You have to put effort in though, you have to just keep reminding yourself over and over that it does get better. I promise you it does, but you will have to grit your teeth for a bit and stay positive. That whole thing about taking life "one day at a time" never made sense to me until I was sobering up. Now it's exactly the way I have to live my life if I want to stay out of the hospital due to withdrawals. I had two stays for that reason, and they were some of the worst days of my life. I will never go back there for that ever again.

The best part is that you start to discover, or even re-discover, parts of yourself that you will genuinely like. For me, it was my humor and my love of music. It's nice feeling like a somewhat-normal person. I still struggle at times, and I'm not proud of those times, but the improvements I've made are something I'm very proud of. You'll enjoy learning more about yourself as you go too, it's very satisfying, but remember that you have to accept yourself, even the bad stuff. People can always always change, they just need to want it.

Something someone said to me when I was at one of my worst points was "it didn't get bad overnight, and it isn't going to get better overnight". So please remember that, too. It will take time, but I guarantee you with 100% certainty that you will not regret sobering up if you choose to do that. You will be happier with yourself than you ever thought you could be. Good luck. I'm on these threads frequently, and even though we don't know each other, just know that there is someone out there who has been through what you've been through. You are not alone out there.
>>
>>8282392
>Try to stop, intense boredom/anxiety
That's by far the worst part.
Just make yourself suffer through it. Read a book, watch movies, do absolutely anything you can find. You're going to feel insanely bored because your brain is firing on all pistons instead of being numbed out by booze so nothing is going to seem that interesting.
Once you readjust to that it gets a lot easier to drink less.

Learn a language or something.
>>
I was sober for 4 months.

Fell off the wagon.

Went from feeling way too much sober to feeling literally nothing now.

Im so apathetic. I drink a few beers a night and avoid liquor but i dont know whays worse: feeling everything or feeling literally nothing.

Cant fucking win
>>
>>8276788
Pretty much the same. I know it's trading out one thing for another, but at least with weed I'm not destroying my organs slowly but surely.
>>
>>8279135
Don't. It's not worth it, seriously.
>>
>>8279668
Honestly if anyone drinks and drives it should be years into it alcoholics rather than a dudebro with low tolerance who can black out from playing too much beer pong.
Drinking and driving? No, it's never good, but it is a meme that there is no one on earth who can't drink and drive.
>>
>>8279794
off the top of my head, and I am a neet by the way:
To please most people I'd say know how to make:
screwdriver
bloody mary
margarita
manhattan
martini - vodka and gin versions
gimlet
most people just ask for typical mixer bullshit like rum and coke
have some Campari on hand
know some stupid shit like sex on the beach and the like
have some grenadine on hand
have soda water and tonic water on hand
lemons and limes
Slow gin fizz
Old fashioned
Sazerac
Seriously people usually don't ask for very complicated drinks most of the time
>>
>>8279865
I've been drinking a lot for 9 years and the only difference is I went from a 32 waste size to a 34.
>>
>>8282755
I'm going to piggy back off this question. It's damn near impossible for anyone to hire a new bartender and train them, so how do you get into the business? Work your way up from being a server?

Bar backing is the same thing. 1-2 minimum years of experience. This is Atlanta, if it matters at all.
>>
>>8282738
Kill yourself before you kill someone else you piece of shit.
>>
>>8283386
I don't drink and drive myself, but I was just telling you.
>>
>>8282768
I don't know dude, I'm just a neet as I said.
>>
Ran out of beer yesterday and decided to try not drinking for one night. Vaped some weed instead. I normally combine cannabis and alcohol, being the degenerate that I am.

Turns out, the intoxicating effect of weed on its own isn't much different from what I'm used to achieving. Maybe the amount of alcohol I drink doesn't affect me so much anymore and I'm only addicted to the physical act of drinking.

I don't really know what to think right now.
>>
>>8283439
>I don't really know what to think right now.

I hate the scatterbrain ambivalence between alcoholism and quitting. Getting past that period without resorting to drinking again is so fucking difficult. Best of luck, mate.
>>
>>8276487
3 days sober and ive caught some fucking flu bullshit, i dont know which is withdraws abd which is the actually illness ive got. its fucking bullshit.

i just want to sleep for a few days until this passes.

i need to make my immune system great again
>>
I gradually stopped drinking. First I cut of all the beer cause I wanted to get back into shape. Switched to vodka and some red wine. Cut out the vodka and then the wine. Now I haven't had a drink for a whole week and I feel pretty good. Only "problem" is I'm falling harder asleep but I distract myself by reading books.

Before all this I was on a 5+ year every night drinking spree. Was functioning the whole time. Social life, gf, work etc but its not worth it.

To beat anxiety I suggest no fapping and jogging and working out+a balanced diet. Dropped 7kg since then and am almost back in form to start amateur sports after a knee injury two years ago.

Feels good man. I basically decided not to touch any alcohol during weekdays but enjoying something on a friday night and working out Saturday and Sunday for the empty calories.

Works for me so far.
>>
>>8283621
how does the no fapping help though?
>>
File: 1436708251764s.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1436708251764s.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>8283897
Makes you more confident. More testosterone.

Also there are foods who can help suppress alcohol cravings. I'm a hobby cook and always ate rather healthy/balanced so it came naturally to me.

Also mint tea and other herbal teas can help with anxiety.

For the week I didn't touch alcohol I only had some heavy sweating in the middle of the night but no other withdrawals like shakes, tremors and headaches. And I had these before when I tried cold turkey so its really good progress for me.
>>
>>8283940
>Also there are foods who can help suppress alcohol cravings.
Why don't you give some examples while you're at it senpai
>>
File: fd.jpg (208KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
208KB, 768x1024px
>>8276690
quit for a month last year, was bored as fuck
>>
>>8279161
Beer doesn't count, you're good dude
>>
>>8282396
Can you guys help me out? I went to the hospital a few months back and they basically said my liver is fucked. I got an "outpatient appointment" saying it's urgent for me to turn up because of some waiting list. Does this mean I'm screwed because if it is I'll cancel the appointment right now.
>>
>>8284945
nah, standard procedure. just go and you'll be fine
>>
>>8284991
If it's standard why would there be such a long waiting list? I'm talking about 5 plus months here.
>>
>>8285018
i mean saying it's urgent for you to turn up is standard. hospitals are fucking busy man, long waiting times are normal.
>>
>>8285075
Okay thanks man
>>
>>8284945

im the guy you quoted. I drank this morning before work. walked into the mcdonalds, pretending I was pooping, and drank on the toilet.

i spent all day spaced out counting the minutes before i got off work so i could drink again. my skin was so itchy. i shit a lot of blood this morning too

after work i hopped on the bus, got off in a shopping center, got into the liquor store to buy 3 bottles of vodka

i drank on the toilet in the shopping center. i hopped on the bus with 3 bottles underneath my coat. i hide it from my family

go get help man.
>>
>>8279135
Don't. Even if you only get a little buzz and even if it makes you more productive and happier and makes getting along with coworkers easier so your job life isn't a living hell, someone will notice. It's extremely easy to tell when somebody is drinking, especially for an alcoholic. Unless your job has zero supervision or social interaction, then you could prob do it. I drank when I was a security guard.
>>
>>8282689
I'm the opposite, in that I'm numb while sober, and I drink to help me feel. I suffer from derealization when I'm sober, and if you're not sure how that feels, imagine a dissociative psychadelic trip, but completely dull and numb, with a nervous edge and with no vivid visuals.
>>
>>8285101
> i hide it from my family

They know, they just don't know how to talk to you about it.
>>
File: Frosty.jpg (54KB, 960x960px)
Frosty.jpg
54KB, 960x960px
>>8280136
Nah that's cider for pussies, real men drink this nectar.
>>
>>8285271
not that anon but they are just starting to talk about it.

Im actually surprised how oblivious 80% of my senpai was
>>
File: IMG_20161118_004935_HHT.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_004935_HHT.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>8285279
This is my backup for when I run out of vodka. That will never happen BTW.
>>
>>8276562
>>8276690
>I wasn't any happier. at all.
sure you're not neglecting physical addiction?
>>
>>8276559

I'm not an alcy - in fact I can't stand alcohol - but this is one of the realest things I've ever read on 4chan.
>>
>>8285279
>share
lol
>>
>>8285279
>>8285301
This shit fucks with my head and I'm not sure why. Something just feels off about the buzz, and it isn't to do with the strength, since wine and spirits serve well. I always feel spaced and confused in a sinister sort of way when hungover from Frosty's.
>>
>>8283940
>Makes you more confident. More testosterone.

A recent study showed that Testosterone peaks moderately higher than regular levels after seven days of abstinence at which point it plateaus and returns to normal. This suggests that even if you want to be getting the marginal increase of testosterone from no fap you could still fap once a week and gain all the benefits in full.
>>
>>8285279
>>8278874
>>8285279
I drank a 12 pack of that smith and forge cider and it gave me the green apple shits, literally.
>>
>>8285598
whatever helps him bruh
>>
>>8282768
I went from a server to bartender it was my personality that got me in it though, the GM offered me the position
>>
>>8285438
Yep I know what you mean I feel a lot more anxiety from it the next day after doing in like 6 litres of the shit. It's like my body is telling me no more please. It's a last resort thing.
>>
finally making my shitty homemade booze following this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0y5WZpIvHY

anyone ever try this? aparently i got to wait 5+ days before i can drink this shit, im not really hopeful but dont have any money or any other way to drink so fuck it
>>
>>8286168
You might as well read up what the others said and buy frosty Jack's cider. Jesus anon even frostys would taste better and it's only like 3.90 for 3 litres
>>
File: 1465164921853.png (65KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
1465164921853.png
65KB, 785x644px
Was sober for 10 days, started this day by picking up a 24-pack. Here we go.
>>
>Just want to buy a 12er, some shots and weed
FUCK
>>
>>8285279

Don't they make that shit from onions and sugar instead of apples for cost reasons?

Either way, it is fucking horrid.
>>
It's only 9pm here and despite drinking since about 1:30pm today I've seemingly hit the wall and am not even drunk.

This is strange. Despite how long I've been drinking I've drank a thing, my stomach just feels so full although the only things I've eaten today is two slices of toast with avocado and two beef burritos.

I don't know how/why I hit the wall so early. I want to keep drinking but it's just going down like shit, not making me feel drunk and making me feel full as fuck.
>>
My heart just started freaking out, it felt like it was twisting and contracting randomly whilst beating way faster than normal.
I feel really tired now, am i dying?
>>
>>8286509
Panic attack.

When did you last drink?
>>
>>8286526
I drank recently.
I don't think it was a panic attack, I've never felt anything like this before
>>
>>8286532
If you are at all worried best thing you can do is to visit a doctor ASAP.
>>
>>8284727
Try raw cabbage, broccoli or kale. All leafy greens help. Just google some of it. It does help and you can always achieve a placebo effect as well. Just eat healthy and whenever you have a urge to drink distract yourself with something else. As mentioned, reading books does it for me
>>
>>8278851
I don't get drinking.
On my 30th birthday - alone in my apartment, miserable and still a virgin - I thought it would be appropriate to get thoroughly drunk. Bought some vodka, went through 700ml in like 30 minutes, was fucked up drink but it neither helped me forget my worries or sooth my aches nor feel better in any way, in fact I was now lonely, miserable and a virgin but also nauseous and dizzy and tired. What's the point of getting drunk, again?
>>
>>8286621
>Try raw cabbage, broccoli or kale.
I already eat a shitload of those, I love leafy greens. Can't see how those would prevent anyone from drinking, but on the other hand, maybe they're one of the reasons I haven't gone into 2 liters of vodka a day territory.

I've tried distracting myself with books but reading has been pretty shitty for me lately, can't seem to concentrate all that well.
>>
IVE TAKEN TO DRINKING APPROXIMATELY 350 ML OF WHISKY EVERY NIGHT. IT HELPS ME SLEEP AND RELAXES ME.
>>
>>8286628
>What's the point of getting drunk, again?
For some, to lose everyday inhibitions, to loosen your mind and get a new perspective on things, to relax. For a lot of people, drinking is something they do regularly and without a problem or risk of addiction.

Others are predisposed one way or the other to take alcohol consumption to an extreme that results in physical and/or mental addiction. That's when you stop having to ask what the point of getting drunk is because your body actually needs alcohol to function 'normally'. Addiction is irrational. Alcoholics don't drink to get drunk. They drink, ironically, to survive.
>>
File: brbon_buf11.jpg (93KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
brbon_buf11.jpg
93KB, 540x720px
Any bourbon drinkers in here?

Trying to broaden my horizons, generally drink islay single malts (laphroaig, caol ila, lagavulin for special occasions). Hoping for recommendations for decent bourbons widely available in the UK.

Enjoyed maker's mark, currently working through a bottle of bulleit but not enjoying it as much. Anywhere up to £35 is fine.
>>
File: rookienumbers.jpg (123KB, 980x550px)
rookienumbers.jpg
123KB, 980x550px
>>8286736
Rookie numbers but find a substitute to help you sleep ASAP before your dependency gets more pronounced and your drinking gets more severe
>>
been on some form of drug or alcohol for everyday for 8 weeks now, had a medical exam the other day for my mental problems and apparently my body is fine my lungs and liver are great even though i just destroy them. it's going well so far
>>
>>8286760
>he still replies to the capslock faggot
>>
>>8286731
The anon you replied too.

Try something different, we are not alike so something else should work for you. Reading does for it for me.

Before that I used to play vidya but grew out of it.

Working out and other hobbies can distract. In my case woodcarving and bushcraft tutorials who I then apply outdoors helps a lot.

Having said that its Friday here and am currently sipping on some vodka. I plan tomorrow to jog off the empty calories and stay sober until the next Friday.

I was a functioning alcoholic now I wanna be a guy who can enjoy booze and every once in a while being drunk while not ruining my health.

These threads helped me a lot and I wanna give something back. Its not too late for anyone.
>>
>>8286801
Meh, my judgement is impaired most of the time I'm in these threads.
>>
>>8285598
Didn't say you couldn't jerk off. I rather fuck my gf then masturbate to some porn.

Not ranting, just saying. Also interesting to know about weekly test thing.
>>
>>8286821
>I was a functioning alcoholic now I wanna be a guy who can enjoy booze and every once in a while being drunk while not ruining my health.

God damn, I want to be that guy.
>>
>>8286753
I'm a big bourbon fan, the Buffalo Trace in your pic is good, as are most of their offerings. I like Weller (12 year or 107 if you can find it), Four Roses, Eagle Rare (a little pricey) and good old Wild Tukey 101 (the 101 part is -very- important). On the lower end, but still okay are JTS Brown, Old Grandad (the BiB is really good), and Old Crow.
>>
>>8286831
Its not impossible. You can read success stories all you want on the net so I wont bother you with another sob story how I managed to get thru this shit but nobody should give up.

Both my parents are drinkers. Not alcoholics but drinking on a daily/weekly basis.

My grandfather on my mothers side died in a car crash. Died young and left my grandmother a widow. That's what I've been told until I found out he was a full blown alcoholic and that he committed suicide (under the influence) by driving the car into the tree line. That shit haunts me like hell even more since everybody mentions how much I look like him.

All this info and the articles suggesting alcoholism can be hereditary spooks me so much I want to get of this ride. I believe I'm on the right path.
>>
>>8285598
Shh, don't let facts interfere with the bro science. Honestly, if you are worrying about your testosterone levels in the first place you have to be a seriously insecure faggot. Not jacking off isn't going to change the fact that you lack character and confidence and thus feel like you need to micromanage your sex hormones.
>>
>>8286847
Jacking off while having anxiety problems is not gonna help. Otherwise I would agree with you but it would also depend how often you rub one out.
>>
>>8286760
WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND AND IS 350 ML HONESTLY ROOKIE NUMBERS? MAYBE I CAN TURN THIS AROUND.
>>
>>8286753

Tesco sell Knob Creek for £32 which is meant to be very good. They also do Bulleit Rye which is worth a look, very different from the normal stuff (which I really like too)
>>
>>8286628
You're a wizard
>>
>>8286628
>What's the point of getting drunk, again?

For me it cures bordem, which is almost always there.

And when I'm not bored it makes whatever I'm doing more enjoyable

That said, I wish I was like you, I would love to not have the desire to drink.
>>
>>8286847
Well said.
>>
>>8286628
Men who don't understand drinking seems a bit like a different species to me. I know the 'substance addiction is manly' stance makes no sense but I can't help but feel a little bit of contempt. I instinctively understood drinking even before I had had my first drink.
>>
>>8286985
This is how I feel, I don't trust men that don't drink beer, maybe it's because I was raised by a dad that always had a beer in his hand when he got off work.

Guys that don't drink always come off like wimpy smartasses to me.
>>
File: 1388870081492.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1388870081492.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>8287012
>Guys that don't drink always come off like wimpy smartasses to me

Well guys that drink literal poison for its dopaminergic value alone always come off like fucking self-deluded idiots to me.

Men who don't drink are less likely to be drunk on the wheel, to take stupid, life-changing actions while intoxicated, to develop substance abuse (i.e. this fucking thread) and generally to be a general burden on society. So I'd trust a non-drinker over a drinker when it comes to important stuff any day. I mean, just read through this degenerate thread above you - would you let any of these complete losers be a father, guard your children, drive their bus to school, give them life advice? No, I wouldn't. Sorry you were raised by someone who, once he got back home, had to drink to be able to handle his family life.
>>
>>8287055

While I agree with your post in general, there's a big fucking difference between someone who has a beer or two after work versus someone who is a full-blown alcoholic.

Drinking alcohol can be done responsibly or irresponsibly. Not every person who drinks is an alcoholic loser.
>>
>>8286332
desu lad most people aren't drinking it for the taste, it's the most amount of alcohol for your pound
>>
>>8287076
>Not every person who drinks is an alcoholic loser
Again, you literally ingest poison for the sole purpose of making yourself feel slightly better mentally, often with the intent of causing confusion and disinhibition so you'd be less thoughtful and focused. That's not only ass-backwards stupid, but it also shows something of your mental character.
>>
>>8287086

1) I don't drink.
2) Anything is poison, anon. It just depends on the dose. You can kill yourself drinking too much water.
3) What if someone drinks an alcoholic beverage because they enjoy the taste, not because they are trying to "feel better".

Some people drink because they like the taste of the beer/wine/cocktail. Other people drink to feel better. They are not the same thing.

I agree with you 100% that drinking with the intent of causing confusion, etc, is bass-ackwards stupid. But what makes you think that's the only reason why someone would drink a beer or a glass of wine? That sort of closed-minded ignorance is just as stupid as drinking with the intent of causing dis-inhibition.
>>
>>8287099
>ignorance
I know more about the effects of alcohol on the body and cognitive systems than most people ITT, I am far from ignorant. Water isn't poison, and a glass of water doesn't take 7 hours for the liver to break down, and drinking half a liter of water on an empty stomach wouldn't induce vomiting and a hangover. The reason they like the taste is because dopamine is used in the operant learning process to reinforce that behavior. You falsely differentiate "liking the taste" and "feeling better" - they're the same thing.

Also, ingesting literal poison simply because you like its taste is still idiotic. It's also a slippery slope - if you know alcohol makes you feel good (dopamine), when you're feeling down you'd be more inclined to drink it to feel better, which would only serve to reinforce the positive feeling alcohol induces. You'd be addicting your mind to poison.

Again, just read through what these idiots above you wrote, about waking up in piss twice a week, having to drink several shots of whiskey to fall asleep, being unable to concentrate without drinking beer every few hours... enjoying this poison for its euphoric effect without realizing what you're doing is the first step to getting there.
>>
>>8287086
>>8287055
You sound like blast at parties
>>
>>8287055
>Sorry you were raised by someone who, once he got back home, had to drink to be able to handle his family life.

stop acting like you know anything, my father is awesome
>>
>>8287125
>I am far from ignorant.
Yet you seem to think the only reason why people drink is to stupify themselves? Surely you must realize that some people drink because they enjoy the taste of the beverage involved.
>>
>>8287125
>I am far from ignorant.
I've only ever heard complete dolts describe themselves in such away.

Enjoy your life on the internet.
>>
>>8286852
350ml is what I have for breakfast, find something else to help you sleep at night it's a slippery slope.
>>
>>8287140
How many years will it take for dumb faggots to stop posting this idiotic line? It's literally "that's what she said" tier.
>>
>>8287300
you sound like you'd be a blast at parties
>>
my asshole hurts so bad. I think its from being on massive benders
>>
>>8287300
You sound like your a really cool guy
>>
>>8287300
Where did you come from? This thread generally doesn't have the same kind of worthless conflict that proliferates everywhere else.

This thread generally encompasses an empathetic view, because we've all been there. You don't sound like you'e been anywhere.
>>
Wanted to drink but I was out of the booze that I like to drink straight.

Had to resort to drinking the stuff I use for mixed drinks, triple sec (which I ran out of after the first shot) and then peppermint shnapps. Pretty rough. I would mix, but I'm feeling lazy. Peppermint schnapps is like drinking mouthwash. Though, it is pretty cheap stuff, so maybe that's why.
>>
i just projectile vomited on my wall and carpet. wiped it up with a towel and poured another glass
>>
used to drink 3 days a week (fri-sun)

now I'm only drinking saturdays, but going hard on it. look forward to it more this way
>>
Finished all I've got and desperate for some more but I need to see the family tomorrow and have already cancelled recently due to being hungover. Can't buy another bottle otherwise I'll undoubtedly smash too much of it. Seems like an enormous wait though.
>>
>>8288652
>muh safe space
>>
>>8289758
How much did you drink?

Last time I vomited was due when drinking was when I had ketamine and another time smoke some ayahusca or some shit.

Both times I blame the other shit.
>>
>Young Lad
>Be depressed all my life, started seeing my school shrink at the age of 10, didn't understand why back then but my teacher thought something was up.
>Getting an expensive newly built apartment with a rent that I can't really afford on my own.
>Gf is supposed to move in with me, so we good.
>She breaks up with me roughly 2 days after me moving.
>Start drinking a fuck-a-ton.
>Always believed suicide was a cowards way, hence I start drinking to my own death.
>44 bottles of clean booze this year alone, roughly 150-200 beers and 20-30 liters of wine.
>Today is my birthday, one out of ten friends remembers my actual birthday. I reminded them 10 days ago.
>New girl that I started dating was supposed to celebrate my birthday with me, I started cutting down on the booze for this girl.
>Forgets that its my birthday and cancels on me last minute.
>Pop open a bottle of wine that i've been saving and cry for the first time in 16 years.

How is your day going fellow Al/ck/oholics?
>>
>>8290249
So you've been drinking 100ml of wine and one beer a day and this was causing you problems?
>>
>>8290249
what a massive bitch you are
>>
>>8290274
Without a doubt.
>>
>>8290249
this is not your fucking blog
>>
>>8290261
Not including all the stronger alcohol, 44 bottles averaging 70cl, roughly 40% each. Its not much, but I can feel my body struggling.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.