[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been tasked with making jambalaya for dinner tonight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Jambalaya-4.jpg (752KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
Jambalaya-4.jpg
752KB, 576x864px
So I've been tasked with making jambalaya for dinner tonight. I've got a decent amount of cooking experience, but I have never made anything like this before.

Anyone have any advice or recipes they could provide? I think my biggest concern is overcooking the rice or meat, since it all ends up simmering in a pot with no control.
>>
>>8275244
Ifyou put all ingredients in at the same time it'll come together. Don't forget to add some safron in the beginning.
>>
>>8275244
Leave out the sausage for more authenticity. That andouille bullshit is French and I like to have my cajun cuisine pure and free of foreign frog influences.
>>
>>8275244
>>8275244
>my biggest concern is overcooking the rice or meat

Then simply cook them separately, and properly, and mix it all at the end.

Jambalaya was basically a stew made with leftovers and anything else people had on hand, so make it your own and it will be fine.
>>
>>8275282
fuck off, retard, jambalaya is a cajun creole dish
>>
>>8275310
none of what you're saying actually contradicts what I said.
>>
>>8275366
The creole are descendants of french.
>>
>>8275369
You're right and that's why foreign things (French, andouille) have no place in a proper jambalaya, newfriend.

Maybe read a book or someting someday
>>
>>8275391
Hey, moron, the cajun andouille sausage is an adaptation from the French sausage developed when they were still Acadians in eastern Canada and hadn't been forced out to southern Louisiana where they further developed the "cajun" food we know today.

You're not just ignorant, but stupid, because you spout something as truth that you know nothing about.
>>
>>8275244
>jambalaya
It's just a poor version of the Spanish Paella.

Badly done Paella but something Americans like to call their own . .. bless them.
>>
>>8275405
So jumbalaya is just paella without the mexican sweat?
>>
File: image.jpg (755KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755KB, 1067x800px
>>8275244
>If only there was this immense data base one could easily access and search with something like an "engine"...
The shitposting on this board is getting tiresome. It's not even banty or amusing. It's just shit.
>>
>>8275404
you're right dude, and that's why French things like the andouille is not in my Jambalaya. I just prefer it the original way, sorry.
Go google it, you fucking numale hipster.
>>
>>8275534
you sound like an uneducated hick
>>
[Spoiler]Don't forget about the shrimp![/spoiler]
>>
>>8275534
"The Oxford English Dictionary indicates that 'jambalaya' comes from the Provençal word 'jambalaia', meaning a mish mash, or mixup, and also meaning a pilau (pilaf) of rice."

Even the word origins are French, mongboi.

I'm done with you. When someone has the brain of Neanderthalensis I don't worry much. You'll be extinct before you can produce offspring.
>>
>>8275534
There IS no "jambalaya".

"Jambalaya" is a dish made with whatever you had on hand....be it chicken, shrimp, squirrel, possum, whatever.
>>
>>8275662
thx 4 proving what I said all along. It's French, therefore it has no place in my pure jambalaya.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.