[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyday good food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image001.jpg (10KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
10KB, 275x275px
What are your everyday go-to meals and grocery staples /ck/?
I'm trying to cook more for myself but want to be realistic to what I'd actually make and buy ingredients for.

My regular meals:
> Spaghetti and meatballs
> Rice, eggs, ham

What I buy regularly:
> Eggs
> Spaghetti and sauce
>>
>>8271431
my life became flavortown once i realized you can just make pub food instead of normal food.

try sauerkraut + wurst without eye contact. the litmus test is how much you hate british posters on /int/.
>>
File: FLE_PepperSteak_LO.jpg (188KB, 1800x1505px) Image search: [Google]
FLE_PepperSteak_LO.jpg
188KB, 1800x1505px
I'm in saver mode right now so I can buy my own apartment, my groceries usually consist of:
>rice, lentils, oats and yams
>frozen/canned/packaged meat
>inexpensive vegetables
So unless I've bought ingredients to experiment with a specific recipe, my staple meals tend to be:
>pilaf rice
>lentil soup
>porridge
>potato salad
>fish cakes
>>
Regular meals:
>baked sweet potatoes
>vegetarian curries (i don't like meat curry idk why)
>chicken + a salad (then I can have the salad for lunch later)
>sachets of readymade soup as a healthy lazy option

Grocery staples:
>lots of fruit and vegetables, particularly root vegetables
>bread
>milk

meh pretty average poor student food
>>
>>8271431
>tfw I make risotto every other day because I'm a poorfag
>>
>>8271478
I don't understand your post at all. Wurst and sourkraut are good but what does that have to do with brits?
>>
>>8271431

I'm in the early stage of learning shit as well.

Planned regular meals:

>rice and whatever thing I have that goes well with it. for instance sometimes Ill just eat white rice plain with fried bacon or I'll fry an omelette style eggs and add sliced onion on top of it a minute before the egg is completely cooked
>spaghetti with a jarred marinara type sauce
>spaghetti with garlic and olive oil(chef john recipe)
>cacio e pepe :^) no really, this is a simple good meal to be able to make really fast
>fried potato, onion, and sliced up hotdogs

Note that in my current situation I have no business being fancy or going for michellin stars or anything. Just figuring out meals that are as simple as possible with not too many complicated ingredients or advanced technique since I live in a shithole apartment where there's only one electric stovetop burner that works. I even have to do pasta dishes slightly differently since I can't boil pasta at the same time as doing other shit.
>>
Bone-in ham steaks should be a staple for everyone
>Cook a decent amount on a sunday
>Have ham for the rest of the week for omelets
>>
>>8271478

explain further
>>
>>8271536
"Those are carrots."
-my dumb friend
>>
>>8273615
they are carrots are you blind?
>>
>>8273619
>implying those are carrots and not peppers
>>
>>8273619
The "leaf" at the top make them look like hot peppers.
>>
>>8273619
The fuck kinda carrots have you been eating?
>>
frozen vegetables
rice
eggs
>>
File: river.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
river.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>
>>8271431
Just start thinking about meals you want to eat regularly, and
other meals that can be made from the leftover ingredients.

My weekly shopping tends to look like:
>bagged spinach
>bacon
>cheese
>misc. packaged meat (switched up weekly, usually ground turkey, chicken breasts, or pork loin)
>misc. vegetable (switched up weekly as well, usually broccoli, eggplant, potatoes or cucumber)

I don't have to shop for these often, but my pantry and freezer always have the following:
>Eggs
>Frozen veggies
>Pasta
>Rice
>Chicken Stock concentrate

I eat a nice variety of meals. To name a few:
>Meatballs (either over salad, or over pasta)
>Burgers
>Carbonara
>Various types of salad
>Soups (my favorites are broccoli+bacon+cheddar and cream of mushroom)
>pulled pork
>roasted chicken breast with veggies and gravy

If I end up with odd amounts of ingredients after cooking a bunch of meals, I can use them up easily too:
>Omelettes
>Soups
>Stir fry
>Curry rice

OP, just buy more versatile ingredients. If you replace the meatballs with ground meat, you can make sloppy joes, burgers and meatballs. Add cheese to your shopping list and you can not only make your own sauce for spaghetti, but you can have a ham, egg & cheese sandwich in the morning.
>>
>>8272457
>only one electric stovetop burner

I would suggest getting a cheap rice cooker (~$15) to increase the amount of food you can cook at any one time. You can cook soups in it, or simmer a sauce while your pasta boils on the stovetop. It can also be used for baking cakes, cooking jambalaya, making risotto, etc. Rice cookers are extremely versatile, and the added bonus to you since you're a beginner home cook is that they shut off automatically once the food is cooked, so you don't have to worry about overcooking/burning food.
>>
> breakfast: 2 boxes cereal / gallon of soymilk

> lunch and dinner starch cores are rice, potatoes, and homemade bread which is basically 1 cup water : 3 cups flour

> lunch and dinner can be

- roasted bone in chicken thigh
- fried boneless chicken thigh in tapioca starch (you will need to order this or get corn starch)
- stir-fried chicken breast

- snacks: low priced fruits, ramen, self-baked goods like chocolate muffins
>>
>people suggest chicken breast for "budget" protein
They obviously don't live in Canada.

>rice
>eggs
>frozen vegetables
>frozen orange juice concentrate

Twice a day every single day.
Occasionally...

>buy canned kidney beans, canned diced tomatoes, canned tomato paste, and onions
>stir fry onions in any oil, toss in italian spices and powdered chicken stock
>toss in any vegetables you want (expired works fine)
>garlic powder, salt, pepper
>soup for 2 days

When you crave protein you buy canned lentils (less than one dollar per can), plug your nose, and eat it. You'll lose weight because you'll hate eating. Drink lots of water so you can shit before you go to college.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.