[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in a meat factory processing lamb, AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 325135`.jpg (11KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
325135`.jpg
11KB, 267x189px
I work in a meat factory processing lamb, AMA
>>
do you get to keep any of their scraps like skin wool or bones

i love jobs where you get to take home free shit
>>
how many lamb corpses you fuck?
>>
>>8270526
No. literally every part of the animal is processed, sold and used. They come shorn but the fleece is salted packed up and shipped overseas as an example. Even offcuts and scraps are bulk packed and sold, mostly processed into dog/cat food.

You can get good deals on meat sometimes, but its a bulk deal; massive case of lamb legs for $200 or so. Factory also does beef so they'll do huge slabs of rump or a box full of ribeye uncut. These deals only really show up around Christmas.

If you get stealing shit it's an instant dismissal.
>>
>>8270512
Whats your actual role and how long was the training?
>>
>>8270512
How does it smell?
>>
>>8270537
We only fuck em live down here.

>>8270548
packing with a bit of pre-trim work.

>TRAINING
kek, none depending on when and where you start. I got trial by fire.

Nah training depends on what various roles you're doing and how fast you progress. For this season they've introduced a two week training course but thats only pre-lim stuff. Induction is a full day thing too where you go over a bunch of corporate stuff and do shit to get your meat handlers certificate (like knowing about certain diseases and identifying defects in meat) Knifehands do a knife sharpening course for a day or two. It can take some people all season to get up to speed, some a month or two. You've got to get technique down as well as speed, we work at a fucking blistering pace. People get carpal tunnel, tendinitis and lots of other overuse injuries.

This isnt of course all the shit you dont get told that you have to learn, like what cuts are what, different equipment and what to look out for.

>>8270550
I can only speak for my secondhand butchering area (this is after slaughter, and chilling where the whole animal gets boned out) but it smells fine, the whole area has to be heavily ventilated for hygiene and its a chilled environment as well.

Outside smells fucking rank because of the area where they transport all the shit stuff.
>>
>>8270512
Ever come across pus filed abscesses, etc?
What size shoes do you wear?
>>
>>8270580
Yeah, all the time. pre-trim or knifehands are supposed to spot them before it gets to us but sometimes shit happens. saw the NASTIEST huge abscesses in the leg of a lamb the other day, QC had to come bone it out and remove a huge section, leg was basically trash.

You're not allowed to pop them because it's a huge hygiene issue and some dude got fired for doing that last season. Sheep also have a bunch of "glands" that look like little cysts but they dont pop, utterly unsatisfying. you can pop little bubbles of congealed blood sometime but theres a risk of it spurting all over your face and theyre very rare.

an 8. we wear steel capped gumboots.
>>
Have you worked with processing animals before that job? How did you come about working there?
>>
>>8270599
>Have you worked with processing animals before that job?
nope, zero experience

>How did you come about working there?
stepfather worked there forever so thats how i knew about it. I needed money, they had lots of jobs going.

They are always screaming for more workers. its hard fucking work but pays really fucking well but only degens work there because who wants to work at a meat works? people flake out within a couple days a lot of the time because its so hard to get started.If you show up to work everyday youv'e basically got a job for life. absenteeism is a huge issue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.