[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pizza crust won't bake all the way through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (4KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 271x186px
Tried the Yogurt crust meme
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup plain yogurt

Tastes pretty good, beats any of the conventional crust recipes.

But no matter what I can't get the crust to bake all the way through on a pizza stone

450 for 20 minutes at first, then kept watching until crust on top was getting to the point where it started looking like a biscuit. Taste was fine, but in the middle was pretty doughy, only had it about a quarter of an inch thickness before putting it in the oven.

Do I bump up the temp to 500 next time? Prebake the crust at all prior to adding toppings?
>>
>>8270328
>Do I bump up the temp to 500 next time?
Yes, bump it up all the way high, and make sure you are preheating the oven with the stone in it. No need to prebake the crust

Most professional pizza places have temperatures exceeding 700F.
>>
>>8270334
Yeah, I preheat with the stone in it. Would after it starts getting solid on the bottom, throwing in on the rack help it cook the center of the crust?
>>
stop using pizza stone.
>>
>>8270343
That would help if you can move it in one piece, which I doubt since you are telling us that the center isn't getting cooked.

This is what I do:

1. I use a cast-iron pan, stones are nice but they break easily
2. 10 minutes at 550Fon the bottom rack (turning it around at 5-6 minutes) and 2-3 minutes on broil

Walla, that usually does it for me
>>
OP, three problems I can think of that haven't already been mentioned:
Have you used an oven thermometer to verify that your oven is actually reaching 450?
Are you baking directly on the stone, or is there a metal pan under the pizza?
Is your pizza covered in so many toppings (esp. vegetables) that the liquid from the toppings keeps the dough underneath soggy?
>>
>>8270328
>beats any of the conventional crust recipes
lmao
try no knead recipe sometime, you probably won't go back to anything else
>>
>>8270328

just learn to real dough
>>
>>8270328
Are you able to stretch it out pretty evenly? So the middle isn't to thick? This recipe usually works for me pretty good, but I use Greek yogurt, Fàge specifically.
>>
>>8270328
>beats any of the conventional crust recipes.
I wanted to help but you forced me to stop reading there
>>
The easiest way is to place the pizza on a low to medium hot pancake pan for 3 minutes and then under the grill for 2-3 minutes.

20 minutes in an oven will not make a good pizza. It will be hard and dry.
>>
microwaving is actually perfect for finishing off a slice that isnt cooked in the middle

i have had to do that at little caesers many times
>>
File: 3455y.jpg (29KB, 287x604px) Image search: [Google]
3455y.jpg
29KB, 287x604px
>>8270362
>I use a cast-iron pan, stones are nice but they break easily
>2. 10 minutes at 550Fon the bottom rack (turning it around at 5-6 minutes) and 2-3 minutes on broil

I use a steel pan & a stone. The stone already broke, so I dont have to worry about that shit anymore.

I preheat the oven to 450 and heat soak the pan & stone. I place the dough on a sheet of aluminum foil and put it on the stone. then, i put the pan on top of the dough to cook it from both sides.

doesnt take long, then take the dough out and make pizza.
>>
File: chewie-db_2c0efea2.jpg (187KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
chewie-db_2c0efea2.jpg
187KB, 768x433px
Whether we make our own dough, or buy some, I put the stone on the bottom of the oven and crank it to 550. I bake the pizzas for about 5-8 minutes, and they come out nicely browned and slightly crunchy, but still nicely chewy. pic related.
>>
>>8270328
pizza-baking in a home oven has never been a successful experience for me.

commercial pizza ovens go up to 450 'C, and it's that high temperature, rapid cooking that makes pizza moist, yet crunchy.

With a home-oven, your pizza dough is likely to cook like bread, or not cook enough, if you take it out early.

What I've found to be very successfully when baking at home is to make sure the crust is stretched really thin. It should be nearly membrane-like. Then, before i put it in the oven, I cook it over a pre-heated non-stick pan. The pan needs to be hot when the dough touches it. Pan-cook until black spots appear at the bottom.

Then, transfer pizza base to baking tray and lay toppings. The bottom is already crisp but top is still doughy.

Then transfer to top rack of pre-heated oven at max temperature, ensuring pizza is as near to the top heating elements as possible.

Rotate pizza to ensure uniform heating, then remove to when cheese starts to spot.

worked for me, should work for you too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.