[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"waaah, I don't have time to cook"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: p1020051.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
p1020051.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
Why do so many people say that "in today's society people are too busy to cook"?

If you ask me that's completely backwards for two reasons:
1) Thanks to technology we have never had more free than in the part. We have high-speed public transport. We can work remotely. We have all sorts of things like Email, text, fax, internet that let us share information, legal documents, pictures, etc, far faster than past times. Modern machinery does more work with less effort. Automation reduces the amount of labor needed to get work done. We have tools that let us work much faster.

2) The accessibility of cooking has never been higher. We can learn recipes from any corner of the globe by watching experts demonstrate on our PCs, Tablets, phones. Want to learn a dish? In mere seconds you can learn from a 3-star chef. Hear a cooking term you don't understand? Google will explain it to you in seconds. Need an ingredient that's not local to your area? Modern markets have massive selection, and you can mail-order food from any corner of the globe. It's never been easier to learn how to cook or get the tools you need.
>>
I think the excuse is not that they don't have time. It's mainly just exhausted after work.
>>
>>8266836

That doesn't make a lot of sense though. In the past you had people that busted ass plowing a field from sunup to sundown or doing hard manual labor all daylight hours. Nowadays you have a 9-5 job which you travel to in an air-conditioned vehicle so you don't even have to walk. in today's world a person would be far less exhausted after their day's work. (excluding, of course, those few jobs that have really long high-stress hours)

In my opinion it's because people choose to prioritize other things--often recreational--over food. They'd rather play skyrim or binge-watch breaking bad then get up off the couch and get in front of the stove.
>>
>>8266786
There is no excuse to not atleast cook a stew every 3 days its 10 minutes of real cooking that will feed you 3-4 days
>>
File: 0239 - HAN5tM7.jpg (68KB, 581x569px) Image search: [Google]
0239 - HAN5tM7.jpg
68KB, 581x569px
Man I cannot fucking stand this shit.
I work 11 hour days in a hotel and I still cook myself 3 meals a day.
Meanwhile my roommate is an obese 280lb woman who works in an office for 26 hours a week and gets paid for 40 hours because she gives the manager blowjobs (I've walked in on them doing it in the kitchen before, it was my birthday and I asked her to stay out of the kitchen and she still got mad at me and tried to throw her managers penis at me before remembering it was attached to something). She always makes excuses about why 'she can't cook dinner' because she is 'too tired'. I've read her emails and I know she has been offering blowjobs to every doctor in town to give her a note saying she suffers from 'fast food hyperactivity' which makes her energetic when she sees fast food so she can use that as an excuse for McDonalds 3 times a week and KFC twice. I've seen her cook once in 2 years and that was because she had chest pains after coming back from Burger King and when she got back from the hospital (she was fine) she wanted to reheat her Whopper.
fucking lazy and disgusting.
>>
>>8266844
You are confusing physical exhaustion with mental exhaustion and assuming that the people that tended to fields weren't accustomed to it. Manuel labor is something people can get used to and the work itself is rewarding because you're staying healthy. Most jobs today are mentally exhausting and lack physicality, so people tend to have lower levels of energy to draw from to do something as simple as cook a nice meal.

Get off your high horse and stop assuming that everyone is living in some perfect world.
>>
>>8266844
Jobs don't have to be physically demanding to wear you out, some jobs are really stressful and require a lot of energy to stay focused and creative. That tends to drain a lot of energy
>>
>>8267517
>gives the manager blowjobs
DHS
>I've walked in on them doing it in the kitchen
FSIS
>I've read her emails
That might be a felony since you are invading her privacy and reading her conversations with doctors.
I'm pretty sure your story is bullshit, but if it's not then I would recommend contacting those other departments and shutting the fuck up about having read her emails. Get evidence, picture/video when you know they are doing it. Get the bitch fired.
>>
>>8267517
You forgot to close your (I've walked in.... paranthesis.
anyway, I've got a lot of time, but no time for dishes. I fucking hate doing dishes, and anything nice takes a buttload of pots, pans and utensils.
My new place does not have a dishwasher you fill up and turn a dial and press "start". I am the dishwasher.
>>
use your argument as an excuse to not cook
>>
>>8267517
Cook her a meal and end her
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.