[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a slow cooker or a pressure cooker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1478513036031.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1478513036031.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
Should I get a slow cooker or a pressure cooker?
>>
>>8262489
Get a slow cooker, then fake a pregnancy.
>>
>>8262489
Get a life nerd LOL
>>
>>8262489
A pressure cooker can actually be used to make good food. Nothing good comes out of a slow cooker.
>>
>>8262534
I am getting myself a slow fooker and toberone for xmas then..
>>
A pressure cooker actually serves a specific purpose you can't emulate with other utensils. A slow cooker is just a pot on low heat.
>>
Can you make 'za in a pressure cooker?
>>
so, on amazon there is one for 70, one for 140 euro.
I dont know which one to buy, what pressurecooker have you gotten?
>>
>>8262774
Just get a big one. You can always cook a small amount in a big pressure cooker, but you can't cook a big amount of anything in a small one.
>>
>>8262774
I have the presto 01370 8 quart pressure cooker.

It has a 12 year warranty.

I've found that for best results, drop a little oil in the water, and also lube the metal rim so the gasket slides and seals well.
>>
>>8262489
no
>>
>>8262791
there is one for 80€, from aicok
>>
>>8262791
do the simple ones without fancy display suffice?
>>
>>8262817

I greatly PREFER the old-school ones that you put on the stovetop rather than the electric ones. They're simpler. Less to go wrong. Easier to clean.
>>
>>8262817
>do the simple ones without fancy display suffice?
definitely get a stovetop one. make sure to turn the heat down when the PC reaches pressure. if the dial goes to ten, I usually turn it down to 4 while it is cooking the food at pressure. And when the cook time is up, you can take the whole PC, put it in the sink, and run cool water over it to depressurize it quickly, instead of waiting up to 1/2 hour for it to cool off by itself.
>>
>>8262853
why the stovetop one?
>>
>>8262489
MY VOTE IS FOR THE PRESSURE COOKER
>>
>>8262489
>Not having a pressure cooker already
>>
>>8262860
>why the stovetop one?

because it's simpler (less to go wrong), you can cool it down faster by running water over it in your sink, easier to clean, and so on.
>>
>>8262571
this this this.
>>
i vote for slow cooker, one time my old grandmaw blowed up the pressure pot and I abot doo dooed in my britches :D
>>
>>8262489
instant pot

its both.
>>
they are literally opposite thingss

do you want to cook fast or slow?

>>8263001
don't get this unless you want the most mediocre version of either
>>
Pressure cooker if you want good results and enjoy cooking, slow cooker if you're lazy/don't like to actually cook.
>>
>>8262534
>Nothing good comes out of a slow cooker.
Source?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.