[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I make chicken soup, I make it kinda by memory by how my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: FN_Simple-Chicken-Soup_s4x3.jpg (2MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
FN_Simple-Chicken-Soup_s4x3.jpg
2MB, 4096x3072px
When I make chicken soup, I make it kinda by memory by how my mom and grandmother taught me, that is with comfort herbs like parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, and maybe tarragon or a bay leaf or two, veggies, and chicken thighs cooked and simmered in butter and garlic.

I had a friend tell me that was retarded and I'm just muddying up chicken soup, which should be simple: chicken breast, stock and onion to taste.

What is the right answer? How do you make your soup, /ck/? Gimme some personal recipes
>>
Your friend is a fucking mook
>>
>>8247442
Not many people I know like to cook, the few that I do know are somewhere between elitist and utilitarian and take pride in bland things.

No, I am not Russian
>>
>>8247436

Your friend is fucked. I just made a delicious chicken soup last week.

> Prepped chicken stock out of the freezer
> Bone in, skinless chicken thighs
> Saute until golden
> Onions, carrots, and celery
> Saute in pot
> Add chicken stock
> Add chicken thighs with bones
> Add fresh herb braid (rosemary, thyme, bay, sage)
> Boil an hour or two
> Remove chicken from bones, discard bones, shred chicken.
> Cook noodles in stock separately

Lately I've been using ramen noodles....easy to have just a serving or two of noodles and they absorb the soup broth nicely.
>>
>>8247445
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>8247436

> Chicken breast
> No bones

> Stock
> I bet its from a box

> Onions
> Not a true mir poix
>>
File: IMAG0083.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0083.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Op here, upd8n.

Got my soup on a simmer right now, bones and herbs tied so I can just take them out later, noodles on the side and some Guinness chilling in the fridge, it's gon b fun tonight, thanks for watching
>>
>>8247436
Your friend is retarded and next time he wants chicken soup give him a cup of hot water and a bullion cube.

I start with onions, carrots, celery, and move forward. I use the same herbs you mention. The biggest difference is that I like my soups hearty, so I always throw in some noodles, or potatoes to provide some carbs.
>>
>>8247806
I've been thinking about adding taters for a while, but I don't want to eat soggy potatoes.

How do you prepare them? I've thought about it and I think baby red potatoes, cut up, would be the best, but I dunno.
>>
>>8247837
Add them for the last 30 minutes. Red or yukon gold. I prefer yukon gold for more depth of flavor.
>>
>>8247861
I might throw that into this batch, do you roast them at all? Or just cut and simmer?
>>
Onions, celery, carrots fried, a few tablespoons of butter and flour, hot stock, simmer, aromatics, simmer, soup.
It's better if you make the stock fresh and use the chicken from the stock.
Aromatics: black pepper, basil, ground mustard, marjoram, maybe oregano, crushed red pepper, or even a tablespoon of bacon fat
>>
>>8247880
Cut and simmer.
>>
>>8247436
He's got the right idea, I subscribe to it, make each thing taste as fantastic as possible while using fewest ingredients. Salt, pepper, chicken, stock. I want to taste the meat or the broth, and not a mixture of herbs.
but if you like it, you like it, but it's not the same impressive as making something simple taste 10/10
>>
>>8247436
i wouldn't say it's retarded. chicken soup is very much a comfort food, and i like it the same way you do even if it isn't technically the best way of making it because that's how i had it growing up.
>>
>>8247447
>implying people haven't been abusing the greentext feature since 2009
>>
File: shiggy diggy.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>everybody ITT using carrots
>>
>>8247436
your friend is a knob, make what you want the way you like it and fuck that cunt
>>
>>8247837
personally I prefer rice, or better yet, dumplings
>>
>>8248454
>leaving a primary ingredient out of the holy trinity
jackass
>>
>>8248476
it's an unholy trinity and everybody keeps perpetuating it
>>
>>8248478
>I don't like carrots so no one should use them
ok son
>>
>>8247436
is it wrong to just use boneless chicken cuts? I have some boness chicken thighs in the freezer. I usually don't bother with bone in things since its the same price
>>
>>8247837
brown them in oil first.
>>
Soups are for poor people who lived in the fifties.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.