[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cookbooks worth paying for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

There's already a lot of guides and recipes online. If they are worth it, would they be recommended to the average person?
>>
Just use online recipes

They are a relic from the time before the internet existed.
>>
You should own at least a couple of cookbooks. Yeah, there's a ton of shit online, but 99% of it is absolute shit. You'll come across at least 6-9 absolutely wrong recipes for every good one. Also ads and malware.
>>
>>8246999
I don't think so. It would be nice if there was a cookbook for nutritionally balanced meals that only took 15 minutes to make including clean up, but no such thing exists.
>>
From charity shops, yes. Bought a couple of mint condition cook books today for a grand total of £1.60, both of them had £20 retail costs. Good books, too.
>>
It'll add charm if your cookbook gets a little messy because you flip pages with sticky hands.

Trying to swipe your phone with flour fingers is a goddamned nuisance though.
>>
my mom has one pretty old cookbook published by some women's magazine that has guides to do all the basic shit like cake and soup and cookies and shit. Nice to have that one around, other than that websites are fine.
>>
>>8246999
Joy of Cooking. Still can't find a pdf of it.
>>
>>8247049
Jamie's 15 minute meals is legit. Maybe 5 minutes for mise en plase (idk how to spell that) and 10 for clean up. Still pretty damn quick and definitely healthier.
>>
>>8248244
>legit
when did people start using that word this way? did the bam margera start saying it?
>>
>>8248283
decades ago
>>
>>8246999
Cookbooks can be nice since the dishes are guaranteed to be at least decent, and you can just pick one up and flip through the pages for ideas.

If you have a thing in mind to cook of course you can google "X recipe," but if you don't have any ideas cookbooks can be a nice drawing board.
>>
>>8247464
Can confirm, it's worth the investment. There is a lot of good info in it. I don't ever use it as an outright cookbook, but more as a baseline reference, because it offers a lot of technique insight too
>>
File: chikun.jpg (649KB, 1600x961px) Image search: [Google]
chikun.jpg
649KB, 1600x961px
>>8246999

Actually, yes, but it depends. For vegan cooking, there are some cookbooks that are pretty much essential:

Seitan and Beyond: https://thegentlechef.com/SeitanandBeyondImages.php
Non-Dairy Evolution Cookbook: https://thegentlechef.com/NDECindex.php
Artisan Vegan Cheese: http://www.vegan.com/reviews/miyokos-creamery/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.