[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw apple season is coming to an end :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-Harvest-Dates-1[1].jpg (109KB, 630x815px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Harvest-Dates-1[1].jpg
109KB, 630x815px
was it a good harvest, friends?
>>
>>8246264
Harvest these nuts, bitch.
>>
>>8246264

no, seven people got e. coli from a local cider press.
>>
>>8246264
It's the one nice thing about living in this damn flyover state
>>
>no granny smith

sm͏h
>>
>>8246264
Awww, you should be up here in NorCal, apple season has only been going on for a couple months. We still have a lot of apples to look forward to, Mutsu being one of my favorites. I've been eating the hell out of Fujis, Arkansas Black, Granny Smith, and some heritage green apple that I can't remember the name of, but it's super crisp, a little tart and sweet, and has a natural brown circle around the stem end. Reminds me of the apple my grandmother used to grow years and years ago.
>>
File: bestapple.jpg (45KB, 468x376px) Image search: [Google]
bestapple.jpg
45KB, 468x376px
>>8246264
>No Cox apple
>>
File: Z.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>8246264
>No pink lady
>>
>>8246264
>red delicious
>delicious

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>8246333
I fucking LOOOOOVE English Cocks!!!!!
>>
>>8246264
oh yeah
>>
There's this apple orchard within a reasonable drive from me. Apparently the dude started it at like the turn of the 20th century and was a bit of an eccentric. He collected like every kind of apple variety he could get his hands on, even if it were a single tree. Now there's like hundreds of different varieties on this one orchard, most people have never heard of before. And they've all got their unique tastes and textures, and it's something like a local treasure that botanists are going apeshit over.
>>
>>8246264
Is there a single person in the world that actual likes Red Delicious?
>>
File: v.png (617KB, 515x580px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
617KB, 515x580px
No jazz apples?
Fuck your chart.
>>
>>8246467
Where?
>>
just bought some bananas and golden delicious apples

I'm gonna make apple-banana waffles with them but I forgot the cream cheese and I need to go back to the store

does anyone want me to grab them something while I'm there?
>>
>>8246762
Get me some flour.
>>
fuji or fuck off
>>
>>8246762
String Cheese. Thanks.
>>
>>8246508
Yoncalla, Oregon. Private property and he might have sold it and developers torn it all out now. But there's a big effort to conserve all the varieties.

Also, I got a few details wrong. It was mid-20th century. And he's got 4,500 different varieties.

http://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/apple-detectives-try-to-save-worlds-largest-apple-collection/

Here's the story. It's pretty cool and really worth watching.
>>
File: banana apple waffles.jpg (238KB, 907x892px) Image search: [Google]
banana apple waffles.jpg
238KB, 907x892px
>>8246784
got you homie

>>8247519
they were out sorry bro
>>
>>8248380
lewd
>>
I only eat granny smith. Other apples can't even compete desu baka senpai
>>
>>8246762
why would you buy golden delicious?

truly the worst shit tier apple ever.
>>
>>8249809
are you kidding?

GD is top 3 without a doubt.
>>
>Red delicious - America's most popular

Only because cheap-ass school districts insist on giving kids the worst fucking apples in existence.
>>
>>8246264
The honeycrisps were a bit irregular this year; first bag I got was really pretty bad, but the rest have been good. Now it's back to Fuji and Pink Lady (not that I'm complaining, those are both great)
>>
>>8246294
If I recall, it isn't possible or at least very hard to grow granny smiths in Michigan
>>
>>8250284
I heard that the honeycrisps were weird this year, but unfortunately I didn't actually get to go to an orchard. My father in law DID end up going to a local place and got me a bag of crimson crisps, which were pretty damn tasty (I've gone through half the bag now and my wife promised me she'd make caramel apple upside-down cake with some of the rest).
>>
pink lady is best
kanzi is fine too
>>
>>8246264
>braeburn
Oh god, those are shit.
>>
>>8250296
>caramel apple upside-down cake
goddamn does that sound good right about now.
>>
>eating pleb fruits

yeah, nah.
>>
>>8246264
Eeyup.
>>
there's no lobo, apologies but these are
really not that good
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.