[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /ck/ related things that trigger your autism.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 30

File: drinking beer from bottle.jpg (21KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
drinking beer from bottle.jpg
21KB, 384x216px
ITT: /ck/ related things that trigger your autism.
>>
>>8243566
boiling/simmering in cast iron
>>
>>8243566
My what? Contrary to your beliefs, im fine. Iq 166
Yes, alcohol might trigger some
>>
>>8243566
When people don't know how to hold their knives, or take painstakingly forever to cut something because they're so scared of cutting themselves.
>>
>>8243573
autistic
>>
>>8243566
friends that end up being so fucking picky and annoying that I'd rather not be friends with them anymore despite them being pretty alone besides me
>>
I literally won't eat in public. I think it's disgusting and I hate when people try to make conversation with me mid bite. Like fuck you, don't expect me to talk with a mouth full of food.
>>
>>8243566
what's wrong with that
>>
>>8243599
I only don't like it if I'm the only one eating. Sometimes while on break at work I would be eating and another employee would sit across from me and start a conversation. It's hard to carry on a full conversation when you are the only one eating.
>>
File: tendies vs chicken sandwich.jpg (236KB, 1120x478px) Image search: [Google]
tendies vs chicken sandwich.jpg
236KB, 1120x478px
Americans who refuse to eat chicken tenders because they view them as "childish"
>>
>>8243744
why are you posting this in every thread?
>>
people who eat stuff in the grocery store before paying for it.
>>
>>8243566
>Drinking beer from the bottle

Nothing wrong with that at all. At least, nothing wrong when you hold it from the neck of the bottle so your hand isn't warming your damn drink up.
>>
>>8243577
>Hey D, can you cut the onions
>ok
half an hour later
>D, I really need the onions. What the fuck.
>I'm on it, Anon.
He has cut 1/4 of one onion.
>Give it here, ffs
Cut his onion and the remaining 3 in two minutes tops.
>I could totally do that, but my hands were wet
Sure, D. Sure.
>>
>people cracking eggs on a corner
>Using pre minced garlic
>Using pre ground black pepper
>Having pineapple corers that sit in the back of the cabinets and now have a layer of grease on it
>Not knowing how to cut a tomato, instead smash the hell out of it with their blunt af knife when they press down
>>
>>8243758
It's called shilling
>>
>>8243851
He puts grease on his pineapple corer, if ya know what I mean
>>
>>8243758
>>8243853
I think the guy is a disgruntled Tyson employee
>>
>>8243744
fuck you i want chick fil a now
>>
>>8243599
>I literally won't eat in public.
So you don't go to restaurants? How old are you?
>>
>>8243569
>he doesn't have enameled le crueset pots and pans

but for real, i get triggered as fuck when a pastry is labeled as being made with butter but it's mostly corn oil

what the fuck
>>
>>8243865
t. shill
>>
>>8243869
I'm agreeing with you by saying he's shilling for Tyson
>>
When people don't close packaging correctly.

pic related
>>
>>8243867
23. I just don't like eating in public
>>
food that's poorly made

and trendy hipster shit that people think is good but isn't.. kind of ties into my first trigger
>>
>>8243883
i think you got the autism anon
sorry
>>
File: 1478076426711.jpg (332KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478076426711.jpg
332KB, 2048x1536px
>Ordering some pizza with friends
>Oh can you make sure its mild, I don't like spicy food.
>>
>>8244059
Man, fuck you. I mean, it's not as bad as the 23 year old who won't eat in public (nothing wrong with it, it's just incredibly weird). If you try any other method the bag will more than likely just open by itself and the stuff will get ruined. Clips are the way to go.
>>
File: 1477229856424.webm (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477229856424.webm
2MB, 400x400px
People that put up nasty recipes on food blogs and act like they've invented something amazing, when most people wouldn't even consider feeding it to their dogs. Experimenting is fine, all cooks do it, but don't make your disasters public, just mark them down as bad ideas in your black book, wipe the video, and move on to your next experiment.

Image very related.
>>
>>8244063
Just put your own chilli or cayenne etc or make them pay for it
>>
>>8244071
I don't think my not eating in public is autistic. I went through a anorexic phase and I guess I still have the habit of only eating in solitude
>>
>>8244076
I think you just got successfully trolled, my dude.
>>
>>8244083
No, it's a very autistic trait. I'm not necessarily judging you or making an assumption that it's inherently wrong. Eat how you want as long as you're taking care of yourself.

The main issue is that you haven't found a way to socially readjust yourself. Eating in public is not a necessity but it's convenient in some situations and is at the minimum a sign of a socially well-adjusted person (as long as you atent being a disgusting pig in public).
>>
>>8244105
It's real.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/grilled-cheese-martini-cocktail-recipe-video
>>
>>8243566
Chicken in cheese dishes like pizza, Caesar salad or Alfredo pasta. It just doesn't go.

Eating food with your fingers that gets dipped in some kind of condiment/sauce before you put it in your mouth. I get it for fries and some Asian dishes, but when it starts extending to shit like pizza dipped and ranch dressing or bread in olive oil or any random deep fried food in a sweet/creamy sauce it's way too much for me.

Drinking soda or milk with meals.

Sliced turkey as a deli meat for sandwiches. It's just not good.

Recipes that call for convenience food as ingredients, such as boxed mixes, canned soup or breakfast cereal.

Frozen heat and eat meals.

Stuff marketed as snack food. How fat are you that you have to keep snacks around? Shitty little cakes and artificially flavored chips are a non starter for me.

Cheap cheese piled onto dishes that don't really need any cheese at all, or just used excessively. In any situation a smaller amount of better quality cheese would be preferable.

Canned sweet corn served as a vegetable side dish.

Bottled salad dressings. There's no reason for these to exist when a vinaigrette takes a minute to make.

Boxed breakfast cereal served in a bowl with cold milk. I can't imagine why anyone eats that.

Meals that are just a mishmash of random dishes without any thematic continuity.
>>
>>8244224
You are most certainly on the spectrum
>>
>>8244224
i was with you on many of your points, but
>Boxed breakfast cereal served in a bowl with cold milk. I can't imagine why anyone eats that.
c'mon
>>
>>8244241
Not diagnosed, but always suspected.
>>8244245
I know it's popular, but I never fucking understood it. I just never think, "Oh man, I could really go for some sweetened grain flakes soaking in cold milk." Especially first thing in the morning. Yuck.
>>
>>8244256
Yeah, you're autistic, dude. It's like complaining about people eating soup with a spoon or using a fork and knife for a steak.

The concept is fine, your perception of it is jank.
>>
>>8244256
>sweetened
well, you didn't say anything about that. one of the things that trigger my autism is eating anything sweet as a meal. dessert, okay sure. but not as the main/ only thing
>>
>>8244224
Literally this. Bless you anon.

>>8244076
>>8244121
wow kys thrillist

My biggest trigger these days is those fucking tasty videos that idiots post on Facebook.
Not only are they shitty recipe, it has been well documented that they steal their content from others.
>>
>>8243851
>cracking eggs on the counter
All of your other things are valid, but why this one
>>
>>8244076
This. All these annoyingly filmed Facebook recipes are fucking junk food garbage.
>>
>>8244256
>thinking all cereals are sweet
You definely have autism. Do you think Grape nuts and Total are sweet?
>>
>>8244262
>your perception of it is jank.
I suppose. My thing is that some things become popular for what seem to me entirely wrong reasons. I'll give you a few examples:

Drinking milk with meals. People didn't start doing this because they thought it was good. It was encouraged by the US government, and to this day milk production is subsidized and the prices set by the government. Back in the day drinking milk was even portrayed as patriotic. That's why it's such a thing in America and really nowhere else. Same goes for using large amounts of cheap cheese - the government has to do something to encourage consumption of all the surplus dairy. But as far as food goes this doesn't result in anything good.

Another one would be the popularity of chicken breast everywhere and turkey lunchmeat. This is another example of stuff that isn't popular because it's good, because really it's just OK. But people think it's a healthier alternative to whatever else they could be eating, and that's why it's popular.

Soda only became a popular drink because Prohibition took beer away for most people. And the stuff was pretty clearly aimed at teenagers. That adults drink it everyday seems absurd.

Basically if something becomes popular for reasons other than its inherent goodness it's going to bother me that people can't see through that.
>>
>>8244297
>Grape nuts and Total
I look at boxes of that stuff and think, "Wow, that's food from Midwest quack sanatoriums a century ago - the kind of places that claimed they could cure whatever was wrong with you by making you give up coffee and meat - I can't believe people still eat that."
>>
>>8244315
You have a valid point, but a society's perception of food will change regardless of who it is that pushes it in that direction.

That being said, just because something has become common or the norm does not always make it bad even if companies have a hand in it
>>
>>8244348
>just because something has become common or the norm does not always make it bad even if companies have a hand in it
A lot of really popular shit isn't bad. It's something worse. It's mediocre, which is more insidious. Mediocre food becomes the baseline for many people. What's for breakfast? Oh, I'll have cereal. What's for lunch? I'll have a turkey sandwich. What's for dinner? Shit, I'm too busy to cook. Let's heat up a frozen pizza, open a bag of salad and break out the ranch dressing. And wash it down with soda.

That's a pretty seriously degraded day of eating, and it comes from not paying attention to just how mediocre (at best) the default choices around you have become. If that's how you want to live that's fine. But I can't handle that.
>>
Having more than one kind of meat in a dish. I'm not a vegetarian but people who eat meat every meal trigger me. You don't fucking need that much.
Lettuce as filler for any kind of hot sandwich. Who the fuck thought soggy leaves would make anything better in the first place ?
People who don't like cheese but that's because I'm addicted.
Noisy eaters.
Sweet stuff on pizza.
Industrial cheese.
My roommate who buys prepackaged meals for one when I don't feel like cooking.
>>
>>8244376
You're treading bad waters here, Anon. A lot of that food is not MEDIOCRE as much as it is SIMPLE. Cereal is normally eaten with cold milk in a bowl. You can't jazz that up any other way outside of throwing sliced fruit in it, and that's with plain cereals. You also can't get cereal any other way outside of making it yourself and the process to do so far outweighs the final product.

Not everyone can whip up a fucking 20-minute meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes a ham and cheese sandwich is good enough. No need to be a fucking food critic about cereal, dude.
>>
File: roast-dinner-9-large.jpg (65KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
roast-dinner-9-large.jpg
65KB, 720x540px
Cutting fat off from steak, whatever. I did it myself in my teens and later, didn't realize it was where most of the flavor was.
>>
>>8244383
>You don't need that much meat
You don't NEED to post your shit opinion on 4chan either.
>>
>>8244376
>people who aren't you not having the same tastes as you do
Turkey and cereal aren't bad for you and some people genuinely like them. Actually, the worst thing you've mentioned is soda for dindin, and I'm pretty sure most adults don't do that.
You seem to give more importance to the perception you have of food than its actual taste or nutritional value.
I may be wrong though because I'm an Eurofag and we have slightly higher standards for food (not judging, we just have less lobbying from big food)
>>
>>8244397
OH SUCH A MEAN ANON
Enjoy your digestive cancer and/or heart attack, whichever kills you first.
>>
>>8244405
Enjoy being a pansy-ass faggot and dying from AIDS from all that nigger dick you suck, cuckboy.
>>
>>8244409
I do enjoy it, anon. Anything else ?
>>
>>8244414
Does that include things like bacon-wrapped hot dogs and BBQ meats?
>>
>>8244419
Pork on pork is fine, but I like beef too much to taint its taste with another kind of meat. I want to be able to enjoy them separately.
>>
File: 1477412083121.jpg (56KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477412083121.jpg
56KB, 600x576px
People who don't understand cooking

People who think ready meals and fast food are 'treats'

People who say ' I'm a meat and potato guy'

Vegans who are arrogant

People who 'superfood, rawfood, ginger cured my cancer :DDDDDDD'

Fat people

People who force you to eat their bad cooking

People who force you to drink alcohol with the meal

People who force you to not drink alcohol with the meal

People who give their kids food from the kid menu

'Celiacs'

Instagram 'foodies'

Blog 'foodies'

'foodies'

Your mom's cooking
>>
>>8244401
>I'm an Eurofag and we have slightly higher standards for food
I've hung in Europe a bunch, and you're right. A lot of the things that tweak my autism are the combination of low American standards for food and my countrymen not giving a shit as long as it's cheap and convenient. So I actually have to put effort in to avoid it, because really low quality mediocre food is the norm here.
>>8244393
>A lot of that food is not MEDIOCRE as much as it is SIMPLE
Simple is often good. Like oatmeal. That's great if you want grains for breakfast. But mystery dry grain flakes from a box soaked in cold milk? That's not simple. That's some crazily processed shit that isn't any kind of pleasure to eat. It's just convenient. And people settle for it because they're convinced they're too busy to do better. I'm not convinced at all. It isn't that hard to do better than mediocre defaults.
>>
>>8244501
MOMS SPAGHETTI
>>
>>8244501
>People who say ' I'm a meat and potato guy'
meat and potatoes are really fucking good though
>>
>>8243744
I fucking hate Americans
>>
>>8244619
No doubt, but he's talking about people who define themselves as meat and potatoes guys, which is how a grown man says, "I don't eat vegetables" while hoping not to come off sounding like a fussy child. Usually it's a lower class man who thinks eating vegetable matter will make him gay, or at the very least in unmanly.
>>
>>8244286
They're pretty popular.
I guess a lot of people cant cook for shit.
>>
>>8244395
my mum does that so here cooking dry as fuck because its she healthy and then just eats a shit load a sweets the day after.
>>
>>8244501
What the fuck is wrong with parents ordering things from the kids menu to kids? Most of the time it's just smaller portions that cost less. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>8245051
Usually the stuff on the kids' menu is garbage. You don't want to teach your kid that going out to eat means eating garbage, unless you happen to be a garbage eater yourself.
>>
>>8244256
I was going to call you an autist, but i actually agree that cereal is disgusting early morning.
>>
>>8244659
That's not what the saying means at all.
>>
>>8245068
You'd rather pay for something more expensive that they're not going to finish?
>>
>>8244278
it seems really easy to fuck up and end up with egg on the floor
>>
>>8245068
places with kid's menus are garbage

so if you're going to a place with a kid's menu you're teaching your kid that going out means eating garbage, regardless
>>
>>8244278
>>8246080
It says corner, not counter.
>>
>>8245441
what does it mean
>>
File: ChrisBenoit.jpg (7KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisBenoit.jpg
7KB, 200x250px
people who say

>tomato is a fruit

and think they're smart

EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>8243831

I swear some people do this every time they go just to draw attention or something. Like "oh of course I am going to eventually pay for this, look at what an obviously respectable person I am hehe"
>>
>>8244224
Do you know what it feels like to "put yourself in another persons shoes" and imagine how they feel, based on who they are, what they've gone through and what they're experiencing at the moment?
>>
>>8244501
>Getting triggered over people with a life threatening illness
unless you mean people pretending because gluten free is some sorta trend now, kys my guy
>>
every time someone rages about americans
>>
>>8246096
It's a berry.
>>
>>8245441
Sure it is. My grandfather was a meat and potatoes guy. Some of it was the fact that he came out of the Depression able to afford meat, and that was a show of status. But a big part of it back then if you didn't live on a farm and can your own you were at the mercy of whatever was in season where you lived.Which might not be in very good shape by the time it got to you. The other option was commercially canned stuff which wasn't that good. It was pretty easy to say fuck that shit. But times have changed since then. If you have access to fresh food there's no reason to be like that.
>>8245445
I'd rather take kids out to places where you order dishes for the table and pass them around so everyone learns to try a little of everything. Taking kids to shitty or high end places in nuts.
>>8246084
Only if you're taking your kids out to eat at a place with a kids' menu. First question: Why take your kids out to eat at bad places unless that's your only option? Second question: If your kids aren't yet old enough to enjoy dining out (which is a chore for young ones) why not just hire a sitter?
>>
>>8246136
I don't have to put myself in another person's shoes. I grew up not all that far from the shit that tweaks my autism. I ate that shit as a kid, the grew up to realize that wasn't the only option. And realized I could be trim instead of obese if I just seemed eating more reasonably, which seemed radical to most of my peers.

I'm telling you the default middle class choices are so shit in terms of food that I'm astounded so few call bullshit on them. I don't want to wear no complacent shoes. Not when it comes to what I eat, if I can help it.
>>
>>8244076
This person is a monster.
>>
>>8244527
Jesus anon you have blown my mind 10/10
I could never articulate how I felt about this shit, it's a mixture of low standards in food and in culture. The latter is my biggest gripe with all of humanity and the average American diet is a huge measure of that. Really made me think.
>>
>>8245068
>>8245445
You can always take it to go if they don't finish, although...

>>8246084 too. I don't go to places that have 'kids menus' (outside of very rare occasions) because I don't want to dine/eat the food at a place that serves kids/has a kids menu. I don't have kids, so I have almost no reason to go to a family friendly restaurant.

Really the only places I go to regularly that I wouldn't be surprised to see kids are a few Mexican and a really good Indian joints. I can't think of any other of my favorite restaurants in the area that it'd be appropriate to bring kids. Most of them are full bar so it's kindof expected you'd be around 21 to want to enter anyways.

The only exception being for the [same] places that serve a brunch. I expect kids to be at brunch. I just also expect their parents to keep them on *good* behavior.
>>
>>8246171
I think that's why he put it in between two apostrophe(?), my dude. To indicate the ones faking it.
>>
>>8246208
I didn't mean in these instances you posted; I meant in general. As a basic internet diagnostic question as to wether or not you may, in fact, be on the spectrum irl.

I've spent some time time with actual autism & asperger syndrome diagnosed people. I don't just call people autistic on the Internet for entertainment.

One of the individuals I knew was very particular about food and his eating habits and became confrontational with others that simply had different preferences than him.

He, on the other hand, had no real justification for why his differences were 'better' than others'. He just didn't accept that it could be done differently, or why. Hence, my question.

After reading more of the thread, however, it sounds to me as though you've reasoned your "triggers", so I'm not exactly seeing so much of a connection to the aforementioned, actual, diagnosed individual...
>>
File: BaXUSPL.jpg (42KB, 595x446px) Image search: [Google]
BaXUSPL.jpg
42KB, 595x446px
>putting the pasta in the water before the water is boiling
>>
>>8243744

>i'm an autistic manchild

i bet people really enjoy your company
>>
>>8243577

Or use a fucking steak knife to dice a potato because they're afraid of a chef's knife. I have to watch my sister do this every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it drives me up the fucking wall.
>>
People who don't completely whisk all the lumps out when mixing things.
>>
>>8243850
This
>>
>>8243868

leave america
>>
>>8246372
but what if you need to leave lumps
>>
>>8244527
Yeah I'm with you dude. My whole family loves simple, mediocre food they basically pick just out of convenience when it should take tops 30 minutes to whip up a nice hearty home made meal from scratch. Shit's depressing to look at sometimes.
>>
>>8243573
Autism
Or reddit
>>
>>8246372
i've been whisking for 10 minutes, the lumps that are still lumps aren't gonna succumb to whisking
>>
>>8244224
>Chicken in cheese dishes like pizza, Caesar salad or Alfredo pasta. It just doesn't go.
WRONG
>Eating food with your fingers that gets dipped in some kind of condiment/sauce before you put it in your mouth. I get it for fries and some Asian dishes, but when it starts extending to shit like pizza dipped and ranch dressing or bread in olive oil or any random deep fried food in a sweet/creamy sauce it's way too much for me.
Fair enough.
>Drinking soda or milk with meals.
WRONG
>Sliced turkey as a deli meat for sandwiches. It's just not good.
WRONG
>Recipes that call for convenience food as ingredients, such as boxed mixes, canned soup or breakfast cereal.
I agree, this is actually ridiculous.
>Frozen heat and eat meals.
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
>Stuff marketed as snack food. How fat are you that you have to keep snacks around? Shitty little cakes and artificially flavored chips are a non starter for me.
WRONG
>Cheap cheese piled onto dishes that don't really need any cheese at all, or just used excessively. In any situation a smaller amount of better quality cheese would be preferable.
RIGHT. Cheap cheese just sucks. Don't bother if it isn't good.
>Canned sweet corn served as a vegetable side dish.
WRONG
>Bottled salad dressings. There's no reason for these to exist when a vinaigrette takes a minute to make.
No strong feelings.
>Boxed breakfast cereal served in a bowl with cold milk. I can't imagine why anyone eats that.
WRONG
>Meals that are just a mishmash of random dishes without any thematic continuity.
No strong feelings.

You got six opinions WRONG out of a possible eleven. See me after class, anon. I know you can do better.
>>
>>8247101
>See me after class
A-are you going to spank anon?
>>
>>8244224
>triggered by bread in olive oil

amerifat detected
>>
>>8247115
Only if you want me to~
>>
All that #glutenfree #lowhistamine shit pisses me off. Cant these people be just normal? Do you have to pretend to be extraordinary in every way? (Except for people with a real med. condition, but a diagnose still is not something to brag about on social media)
>>
>>8244278
Why the fuck would you crack your eggs on the counter and not on the corner of whatever they're going into? Are you trying to make as much of a mess as possible?
>>
>>8247186

it makes less of a mess.
>>
People who eat things in a retarded way like, dissecting it with your fingers. For example, eating biscuits by separating them and eating each part individually. People who twist open oreos or chocolate bourbons and then use their teeth to scrape the filling off then eat the biscuit make me want to smash their head in with a claw hammer.
>>
>>8247187
How? You now how egg on the counter and in the pan, instead of just in the pan.
>>
File: ck_plebs.jpg (21KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
ck_plebs.jpg
21KB, 265x300px
>>8243566
>Cant these people be just normal?
Says the cretin posting on /ck/.
>>
>>8246096
I say it cause it bothers the autists
>>
People who define themselves by foods they don't like, and feel the need to tell you about it. Like you're with a group at a nice place and they're just looking through the menu going 'yeah this sounds good but I don't like brussels sprouts' etc etc as if anything on the menu isn't going to be delicious regardless of whatever your shitty previous experience with said ingredient is. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>8247195
I eat all food like that, even at suit and tie events.
>>
File: autism[1].png (51KB, 338x288px) Image search: [Google]
autism[1].png
51KB, 338x288px
>>8244224
>>
>>8246190
berries are fruits, you fucking fuck
>>
>>8247345
You're a fruit
>>
This entire thread has made me physically violent. Thanks /ck/ I don't think I can eat around people ever again.
>>
>>8243566
I have a friend who unironically watches Cu/ck/ing with Jack and food review channels. I showed him the party cheese salad video and he said it's just one of his joke videos, then he took my phone and showed me this as proof that Jack was a good cook.
https://youtu.be/0RWJEOScToE
>>
File: 1460355854297.jpg (36KB, 486x698px) Image search: [Google]
1460355854297.jpg
36KB, 486x698px
>>8247187
I am aware of cracking eggs on a flat surface, but in my experiance it makes less of a mess not more of one to use a corner. The main reason you want to use a flat surface is for speed and lack of shell bits escaping into your food, It's a perfect chef technique but if you're a lazy fucker at home you'd be better off just hitting the corner every time.
>>
File: harrypotterhastogo.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
harrypotterhastogo.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>8247101
>>Canned sweet corn served as a vegetable side dish.
>WRONG
>Stuff marketed as snack food. How fat are you that you have to keep snacks around? Shitty little cakes and artificially flavored chips are a non starter for me.
WRONG
WRONG
no, you fucking retarded fatty. that's right.
>>
>>8243599
>>8243672
>implying talking while eating to non-eaters isnt a display of dominance and confidence by showing that have more in possession and also displaying that you have no care for your personal appearance because you arent a baby girl child.

-taking a bite out of a burger and slurping a slushy, the writer
>>
>>8244335
>>8244297
Don't talk shit about total.
>>
>>8246973
I understand that not everybody chooses to take an interest in food and cooking, and they're just going to operate on whatever the default choices are. That's fair enough. What I take issue with is that the default choices in the US are so poor. It's like there's a national contempt for quality when it comes to food, and that pisses me off.
>>8247101
If you're going to defend a cereal in milk for breakfast followed by a lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich, a soda and a bag of Doritos I'm not going to take your opinions seriously. But your "See me after class" line is telling - it shows you've been well acculturated to mediocre norms. Here's hoping that serves you well.
>>8247121
There's a world of things that go with bread - countless soups, stews, salads, spreads, cheeses meats and even simple butter. With all these options why do people dunk it in olive oil? The only reason I can figure is that they'd rather have butter but think olive oil is "healthier". I do not think it's a choice that makes the experience of eating bread any better than other options. It's a choice made out of fear/concern, even if it's subconscious.
>>
When people pick small ingredients they don't like out of food. I know it's a small thing really, but it always irks me.
>>
>>8246921
Fuck off.
>>
>>8247605

>There's a world of things that go with bread - countless soups, stews, salads, spreads, cheeses meats and even simple butter. With all these options why do people dunk it in olive oil?

why are you asking this question? do you think there is a reason *not* to dunk it in olive oil? with all the other options available, why do they use butter?
>>
>>8247599
>total
Even the name shows the gimmick. Oh look at our wheat flakes! We've enriched them to provide 100% of the USDA daily recommendations for these vitamins and minerals! It's total nutrition, get it?

Seriously, any product that comes from General Mills is crap. This is the company that gave us Betty Crocker. They are a major producer of the kind of dumbed down shit that's undermined what's good about American food.

>>8247625
I'm saying the choice to dunk bread in olive oil instead of putting butter on it is not a choice made in the interest of making the experience of eating bread better. It's made because on some level you think butter is "bad", or fashionable to avoid.
>>
>>8244083
me too bro, used to be anorexic, now still can't stand eating in public, im 20
>>
>>8247648
Give this man a cooking show and a bigger soap box.
>>
>>8247614
Frig off randy
>>
>>8243566
People bitching about free food

People insisting stuff should only be drunk from the 'proper' glassware

Adults asking for one dish with two plates, to share.

Adults forcing the previous on their kids.
>>
File: 1476722910691.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476722910691.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>using a dirty knife for taking butter or a spread of any kind
>>
>>8243566
>'Fusion' foods. You're not a genius for deciding to dump kimchi in a taco
>'Foodhacks'. O wow, you decided to put your salad in a jar, ain't you smart...
>Waiters talking to you while you've just taken a bite
>>
>>8247731
>Waiters talking to you while you've just taken a bite

That shit's the worst. I refuse to tip a server who is not strictly business about taking my order, bringing it and leaving me alone until I request something. I' m not there to make a new fake friend.
>>
>>8247890
I can respect them asking if everything is satisfactory, but just wait until I don't have food in my mouth. And people who bring me food should not try to come across as my friends, although being friendly in demeanor is appreciated.
>>
>>8243566
Being on a business trip, eating alone and waiter starts hitting on me.

>because every woman eating alone must be begging for the dick
>>
>>8247911
>because every woman eating alone must be begging for the dick

You mean they're not? Huh, news to me based on my experience.
>>
>>8243851
>people cracking eggs on a corner
did this for a long time just this habit like a month ago and it totaly changed how a view eggs and cooking
>>
>>8244501
>Your mom's cooking
fucking fight me, i agree with the rest desu
>>
>>8247918
At least let me finish eating first is all I'm saying.
>>
>>8244376

I feel you mate, I am exactly the same and most of the time I am appalled (on the inside) about what people put in their bodies.
>>
>>8244256
Cereal is delicious. It's got the sweetness of ice cream combined with the texture contrast of yogurt with meusli on it. It's much better as a dessert
>>
>>8244626
Babbyposting
>>
>>8247648
Don't fucking talk shit about Total, bitch
>>
>>8246190
It's a drupe, if you actually care.
>>
>>8247942
>what people put in their bodies.
Beyond the health and ethical concerns the aesthetic bothers me. Mediocrity is an awful aesthetic to just go along with if you have other options.
>>
>>8247648

but why? just because there are other choices available? what if you like olive oil?
>>
>>8248046

For me it's more the health aspect (there are some foods that don't look like much but are awesome, Shepherd's Pie for instance).
I am studying to become a teacher (Germanfag) and so I am in contact to children and I have seen classes of sixth graders where half the people have energy drinks on their table. These are fucking twelve-year olds!

I also see parents giving their children fucking bags of crisps for breakfast on the train ride (I live in a socioeconomically weaker part of the city) and even at a lower education I couldn't believe it. I have become used to it, and I won't tell them about it (not my place) but I fucking pity the kids.
>>
>>8248115
>small children already having boundless energy, consuming energy drinks

Are we living in Bizzaro world?
>>
>>8248106
It's what I described earlier in this thread: something food becomes popular for reasons other than it being good. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a perfect example. It's good, but not nearly good enough to account for its popularity. The fact that it cheap to factory farm and considered healthy is a big part of what drives its popularity. And that leads to it being used in ways it was never traditionally used, like on pizza, in creamy pasta dishes, in sausage, chicken fucking fries. And these things aren't all that good. They don't improve our cuisine. They just exist because chicken breast has become the default protein. I'd rather not take part in that, because it's mediocre stuff, even though I enjoy dishes that show chicken off well.

Olive oil is another good thing that has become popular for reasons beyond its inherent goodness. Part of it's popularity is in response to people fearing that butter is unhealthy. I love olive oil, too. And it is good on bread with a little fresh tomato and a slice of jamon serrano. It's good baked on top of focaccia bread. You can mix it with za'atar and bake it on Man'ouche bread and it's also delicious. The Spaniards, Italians and Lebanese worked this shit out years ago. But using it as a substitute for table butter is a little silly. You're not gaining anything by doing that, because butter is superior on plain bread. It's just become fashionable because people are afraid of butter. Which makes it another thing I want no part of.

>>8248115
Funny how when it comes to diet in the modern world health and aesthetics come together quite a bit when it comes to diet.
>>
>>8248185
Personally I think olive oil is delicious. I like butter on bread or in pasta but sometimes it just feels lacking without the fragrant sweetness of olive oil.
>>
>>8248236
I love the stuff, too. I use a lot of it. But I don't use it as a substitute for butter, lard or bacon fat because it just isn't those things. And that's what I'm taking issue with - using olive oil as a substitute for butter because you think butter is unhealthy. You're not improving anything by doing that.
>>
Asking for substitutions or otherwise altering the meal at a restaurant. The chef has a better palette than you. He knows what's good. Or at least you should trust that he does, and if it turns out otherwise, don't eat his food again. I'm more forgiving if it involves allergies, but in my opinion you should just get something else.

Also, onions are not a legitimate allergin. You just have horrible taste, and you should probably be euthanised.
>>
>>8248030
no it's not, you massive faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1024x683px
>>8248320
>palette
That word again /ck/.
>>
>>8248320
>Asking for substitutions or otherwise altering the meal at a restaurant. The chef has a better palette than you.
Good one! In a similar vein that's what drives me crazy about places where you have to choose everyfuckingthing that goes into your meal, like Chipotle or Mongolian BBQ places. I don't want to have to specify every detail of my meal. Part of what I'm paying for (hopefully) is someone to have worked out the details of each offering for maximum deliciousness, and I just choose which dish I want. The last thing I want is to choose my own adventure at mealtime. I don't want the power to fuck it up because I wasn't in the mood to play 20 questions.
>>
>>8247599

I read it in his voice
>>
>>8248351
>maximum deliciousness

Going to Chipotle and Mongolian BBQ expecting deliciousness. I hope your 30 minutes on earth has been more profitable than that.
>>
>>8244076
wtf I hate grilled cheese now
>>
File: 1465848996099.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1465848996099.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
Recipes that have three pages of boring story bullshit talking about how her little Kyle loves it and a bunch of other personal bullshit. I could not even begin to care, lady, just give me the recipe.

Do women like that shit or something? Does it get them moist?
>>
>>8248450
Yeah, that shit is retarded. Or talking about how they went to some 3rd world country and begged some street vendor for his recipe. Just comes off as shitty bragging.
>>
>>8248398
I avoid those kind of places because if I wanted to make than many choices about what I was eating I'd be making it myself. But that model is increasingly common, where you walk down a counter with a bunch of choices as you sandwich/bowl/burrito is assembled and you have to specify every detail of what goes in it. I understand how that might appeal to someone with control issues, but that isn't me. I'll just avoid these kinds of places.
>>
>>8248450
>>8248458
even worse is talking about their daughters/sons college trip and hoe much they "fit in" to each environment
>>
>>8248185
What do you recommend i eat?
>>
>>8248450
it's for the clicks. advertisers won't pay unless they have lots of keywords for SEO. apparently it's impossible to get traction as a profitable blog without a certain word count.
>>
Canned Cream Corn can fuck off and die REEEEEEE
>>
>>8246372
Enjoy your shitty pancakes.
>>
>>8247890
For every one person like you they deal with 100 more who bitch and moan because the waiter isn't there to refill their their drink for the 5th time the moment it was empty.
>>
>>8248185
I'm not as severely triggered as you are by the overuse of olive oil, but I get your point. I get good Spanish or Croatian olive oil for over salads, and sunflower or peanut oil for cooking. But my retard housemates insist on only frying stuff in my €15/L olive oil, because other oils are 'unhealthy'...
>>
>>8243566
Well i don't like celery. I have no problem if its been reduced in a stew or very small amounts to the point of it not really existing, but if i can taste it i wont want to eat the food. It just has a strong taste to me. I eat pretty much every other vegetable.

But the thing that triggers me is people saying "it has no taste and its mostly water" to me when it comes up in conversation or they are offering me food. They always seem to want to argue this point.

Why would I not like something if it didn't have a taste? I have no benefit to hating a food. I just don't like it.
>>
>>8249844
>Why would I not like something if it didn't have a taste?

For me, lack of taste is the exact reason I dislike Heineken though...
>>
>>8249838
>€15/L olive oil
I know you're trying, but it's still adorable.
>>
>>8249844
I also find that Raw celery has a bitter, medicinal taste. It isn't strong, but it's enough to make it unpleasant to eat. I imagine it's a genetic thing like with cilantro. I still use it in cooking though.
>>
>>8249859
That's pretty pricey, anon. More expensive than you'll find in any grocery store.
>>
>>8244224

boi i die

Fucking white Americans drinking milk and eating spaghetti simultaneously in my uni dining hall. Gag me.

And soda is a disgusting thing to drink with anything else. Only diabetic fucks do that.

I do have one exception, and that's because my grandmother used to feed this to me as a kid and I ONLY do it when she makes it but... My grandmother makes a signature egg salad and she used to always give me a small cup of Coke. And that's just such a nostalgic meal for me. I have it maybe 3 times a year.
>>
>>8244501
I'm a meat and potatoes guy though.
>>
>>8244659
Don't try to explain shit he didn't say.

He said he hates people who say that saying. He didn't go into detail, don't do it for him unless you are him, you dicksucking faggot.
>>
>>8243599
Ex gf did this. Didn't even know until after I ordered my food. I just ate in front of her and kept putting my foot in between her legs under the table.

Pretty sure she was a coke head.

Afterwards I had to watch her scarf down a dairy queen chicken tendies basket.
>>
>>8243566
The insistence that's it's impossible to have juicy and delicious boneless white meat chicken.

It's fucking delicious and just because you're so retarded you can't cook chicken without drying it out doesn't mean it's only good for tenders.

Dark meat is a fucking meme.
>>
>>8249962
seconding this
dark meat stinks, takes longer to cook and doesn't lend itself to as many dishes as white meat does
>>
>>8247186
>and not on the corner of whatever they're going into?
To prevent tiny bits of shell from going in in case you mess up or the shell is weirdly brittle?
>>
>>8249868
My grocery store sells 3 dl bottles for €40-70
>>
>>8244501
>People who think ready meals and fast food are 'treats'
fast food should be treated as a treat though

if you have it every day then that's a bad thing
>>
>>8249859
I'm not gonna get me some extremely expensive stuff if my roommates just ruin it.
>>
>>8243566
I realize it's petty and everyone has went through the phase, but utter lack of KNIFE SKILLS pisses me off.
>>
>Eating in public on my own. I just feel uncomfortable when doing it, unless I'm in a cafe or something.
>Soft, mushy textures. I have no idea why, but it triggers my gag reflex to a fucking horrible extent and makes it impossible for me to eat anything with it besides maybe mashed potatoes.
>People who bitch about other's pronunciation of foreign dishes as if it even fucking matters. Wanna correct them? Fine, go for it. WAnna be condescending while doing so? Go fuck yourself.
>Both people who treat bacon like the greatest foodstuff to ever exist and the retards who call it a memefood.
>"Bits" in any form of juice
>Mushrooms in general, I find them fucking repulsuve on a conceptual level and will literally not eat something they've been in contact with even if I can pick them off - like a pizza.

How bad is my autism?
>>
>>8250144

the fact that you have those reservations in the first place is normal, but not getting over them as you grow up is a warning sign. you couldve had really shitty parents though.

obviously though i agree with you about the pronunciation thing. being condescending is manifestly obnoxious.
>>
>>8249874
Fuck you.I know the creature he's describing all too well. The guy who tries to play off his babby-tier taste as a macho thing. He's an idiot and an enemy of good things. Also an anachronism. He deserves to be despised, and I will happily take any opportunity to say so.
>>
>>8250152
My mum used to overcook the shit outta veggies when I was a young kid and I think my strong aversion to "mushy" textures comes from my hatred of that.

At the very least I managed to get over my hatred of veg when she learned how to cook them better, but yeah. Kinda still sucks, and my attempts to get over it have all met with abject failure.
>>
>>8250144
>>8250170
The texture thing is legit. My mother and my nieces have it. Mushrooms, beans, any mushy food squicks them. You can get over it, though. My wife has repeatedly told me that many of the foods she eats as an adult would have made her cry as a little girl. And my fussy mother decided sometime in her 60's that eggplant was fucking delicious. She still won't touch mushrooms, though.
>>
>>8243566
>people eating in public
>people eating in general (misophonia, etc.)
>when someone "washes" the rice after it's been cooked
>boiled vegetables
>""spagbol""
>when my autistic sister throws away a good amount of leftover food because "it has my germs on it" and she "doesn't care if it's wrong"
>wasted food in general

makes me much madder than it should, i try not to bitch about it though.
>>
Mushy peas.
>>
>>8250170
>>8250188

mushy food is naturally and commonly perceived as associated with spoilage. i've always found mealy apples pretty gross. however i got used to things like greens and cabbages collapsing on the tongue - as long as they're seasoned ok
>>
>>8250419
>when someone "washes" the rice after it's been cooked
wut? never heard that one before
>>
>>8250464
That's got to be part of it. Some folks have to learn that mushy texture does not equal spoiled food, the same way others have to learn that cilantro does not taste like soap. But it can be learned. My wife tells me that as a little girl the texture of beans and mushrooms used to make her gag. As an adult she loves both. You just have to break the association that mushy means spoiled by eating some delicious examples of mushy things.
>>
>>8250525
someone puts cooked rice in a strainer and pours boiling water over it
it's soggy and lazy
>>
>>8250558
>learn that cilantro does not taste like soap
that's not how this works. either it tastes like soap to you, or it doesn't. that has genetic reasons. you could feed me some random meal without telling me if there's cilantro in it and it will still taste like soap to me
>>
File: 1415181471697.jpg (28KB, 552x360px) Image search: [Google]
1415181471697.jpg
28KB, 552x360px
>>8243588
>Friend introduces me to his new girlfriend.
>Go out together for a meal.
>Says she's vegetarian, but doesn't like tomatoes, roasted potatoes, mushrooms, fish and just salad in general because she thinks they're disgusting.
>Ask her what she likes to eat.
>mfw she eats only Quorn foods, chips, baked beans and egg.
>>
>>8243744
tendies are the patrician preparation of chicken

if it's not tendies it's a waste of chicken
>>
>>8250933
>Quorn
excuse me? never heard that term before
>>
>>8248450
This happens more often with baking. Not much of a surprise, but it's amazing how much blogshit can take up the majority of the page while the recipe itself is only a few lines.
The quality of recipes are solid otherwise.
>>
>>8244063
>>Ordering some pizza for ppl
>>"No sauce please"

WTF
>>
>>8250658
And you're fat because of your genetics also, amirite? Not buying it because I was one of those folks for whom cilantro tasted like soap when I first tried it. It's in your mind. You can get over it. I did. My theory is that if you reach a certain age before trying cilantro (I didn't come across it until my late teens because I grew up in the Northeast in the 1980's) your brain doesn't know what other than soap to associate that taste with. And if it does associate the taste with soap your disgust reactions take over, because your brain doesn't want you eating obvious non-food items as a matter of self-protection. You can break this connection by just eating delicious food with cilantro often enough that your mind learns to associate the taste with delicious food instead of soap. It took me a couple months.

I understand that genetics makes some people more sensitive to some tastes than others, and less likely to like foods with those tastes. But the cilantro soap is entirely psychological.
>>
>>8249870
there's nothing more patrician than a big glass of ice cold milk with dinner.
>>
>>8243867
You don't publicly remove food from your alimentary canal. Why would you fill it in public?
>>
>>8244315
>a thing in America and really nowhere else
What
>>
fucking fags who eat grapes in the supermarket.
>>
>>8251668
I'm not saying other dairying countries don't drink milk. I'm saying that anywhere else it would be odd to see adults drinking milk with their evening meal the way some Americans (especially in decades past) do/did. It's not weird to give a kid a glass of milk either, but the zeal with which American parents encourage their kids to drink the stuff is unique. And it gets given to them during lunch at school. Couple that with a typical American breakfast being cereal in milk you have a lot of people consuming milk with most meals they eat.

While this has become a little less common over the last few decades it's still very much a thing in much of the country. We're more obsessed with milk than most other countries, and part of that is because the government has been pushing the stuff for a long time now.
>>
File: White-Lies-report-fig-1[1].jpg (368KB, 1521x1182px) Image search: [Google]
White-Lies-report-fig-1[1].jpg
368KB, 1521x1182px
>>8251716
That's not unique to the US.
There's barely a child who doesn't drink milk with their meal in Sweden, it's served at school and while adults drinking it is less common it is far from odd.
>>
>>8251732
I don't think you understand what he says is unique. The act of drinking milk isn't unique, its the amount of media propaganda that has been shoved down america's throat for decades. I haven't heard of a norwegian government spending a small fortune on nation wide advertisement campaigns.
>>
>>8251732
Is this the case because it's just a traditional Swedish thing or because your government subsidizes milk production and has actively been encouraging the population to consume dairy every day (2-3 servings) for decades?
>>
>>8251775
That's my point. Milk's inherent goodness as a beverage isn't the reason it's as popular in the US as it is. Part of it's popularity comes from the government telling people that they have to drink it every day to be healthy. This puts it on my list of things to possibly view with suspicion instead of just take at face value.
>>
>>8251775
>>8251795
Propaganda was claimed as the reason why the US did supposedly unique thing and propaganda being unique to the US was never disputed.
See: >>8244315
>That's why it's such a thing in America and really nowhere else.

I'm fairly certain there has been corporate and government pushing for increased milk consumption here in the north as well, but I can't be arsed to look that up.

Regardless, fuck you and fuck your anti-milk bullshit.
>>
>>8251852
What's unique to the US is seeing milk drinking as patriotic, necessary to being healthy and so important that TV ads and government campaigns exist to encourage milk consumption. Americans have a weird thing about milk. It's very encouraged, and choosing not to drink it actually provokes aggressive responses like
>fuck you and fuck your anti-milk bullshit.
>>
i hate any kind of turkey

tastes like flavorless shit even if you add an entire spice rack to it
>>
>>8251732

good chart. it shows that milk makes women attractive.
>>
>>8251868
Hey, fuck you and your anti-milk bullshit, ok?
>>
>>8251934
See what I mean? It's almost like milk drinking is a political thing here.
>>
>>8243868
>enameled le crueset pots and pans
are le crueset easy to use and maintain? are they worth it?
>>
>>8244224
i love you marry me anon!
>>
>>8244063
>ordering Dominos at tabletop game a couple years ago
>they have a coupon for 2 large 2-topping 'zas for 12.99
>we've been doing this every game for that month
>usually get pepperoni/cheddar cheese and chicken/alfredo sauce pizzas
>tall nigger in the group bitches cause he wants a supreme 'za
>try to reason with him that a supreme is like 7 dollars extra, when he could just tell me what toppings he wants within the coupon and get full on something everyone likes
>isn't even paying for himself
>bitches to the host about wanting a supreme
>wind up with 3 large pizzas and a 30 dollar order
>nigger only eats 4 slices
Anyone who eats supreme should be shot on sight
>>
>>8248185
>You're not gaining anything by doing that, because butter is superior on plain bread.

This is where your reasoning falls apart. This is a totally subjective claim. It's normal for anyone to prefer butter OR olive oil on bread regarding taste, regardless of any perceived healthiness driving olive oil's use. If butter scientifically, objectively WERE better than olive oil on bread, which is obviously silly to even suggest is true, then you could logically "ridicule" people for using it in butter's place.

You are conflating the overuse of olive oil with the fact you think butter is better than it on bread. These two things are related.
>>
>>8251964
Already taken.
>>
>>8252002
I guess my point is dunking bread in olive oil wasn't a thing until people started thinking they had to fear butter. So the trend didn't arise out of preference, but in response to fear.
>>
I am not even Jewish, but the serving beef together with cheese (cow milk) just seems weird and somehow disgusting af
Like, the Jews make sense on this one, don't mix the mother milk with the mother goddamit
>>
>>8252010
Jew detected, contrary to all denials.
>>
>>8243566
"I always try to get organic food - NO CHEMICALS"
>>
>>8252006
>dunking bread in olive oil

It got to be a thing when hipsters started in on it. Why do you think Avocados cost 1.50 each when a year ago they were .50 each. Yeah, you guessed right.
>>
>getting triggered
>having autism
>posting about it anonymously on the internet

/ck/ is 4chans most autistic board
>>
File: 20161001_-1559016502.jpg (142KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_-1559016502.jpg
142KB, 1536x1152px
>>8243566
K
>>
>>8252042
Welcome to earth, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>8252031
Food trends follow fashion, to be sure. The point is where's the source? Did something delicious just arrive where you are and suddenly everyone wants in on it? I'd say that's legit, even if people can be annoyingly precious about being in the know about such things. Still doesn't change the fact that the food itself is good. But other factors may be in play. Is something popular because of the latest health craze or because it's been heavily marketed? That's less legit to me. And it doesn't matter whether its popularity is with hipsters or housewives. Each have their own fashion. To me the bottom line is whether a popular thing is popular on the merits of its deliciousness, instead of some agenda unrelated to deliciousness. For example I don't believe stuff like Kraft Dinner and Doritos are popular because of their deliciousness. They're popular because people are lazy, and that's the easiest kind of deliciousness for a lazy person to obtain.

>>8252042
You've never been to /mlp/.
>>
>>8252084
You've got a point, but the fact is hype in whatever form increases price. Is it marketing when every cook show dips bread in olive oil and makes a bruschetta with avocado? I don't know how far I'm willing to go out on kookland conspiracy theory. Yet you have to admit the influence of media is powerful, and if marketing can, they will get their tentacles entwined in a profitable endeavor.
>>
>>8252124
It's not about conspiracies for me. We know lobbying groups, advertising agencies, big corporations and government policies exist. And we know trends about what people think constitute healthy eating are not just conflicting, but always a moving target. These shape some of the foods we everyday. And we know that. But when they result in absolutely absurdly mediocre dishes becoming commonplace you kind of have to step up and say, "NO! This is bullshit." And a lot of those dishes have been normalized now.

I'd rather spend my life eating overhyped hipster food that's actually kind of good than eat cheap food that's supposed to be tasty or healthy food that isn't really. But that's a couple of false dichotomies as well,
>>
>>8246267
no one does this
>>
>>8243566
If I'm drinking beer on my own, in a bar, or hanging out with my beer buddies, drinking beer from a glass is the only way to go, but I often drink from the bottle at social gatherings like parties and bbqs. It's a much more mobile method of drinking.
>>
File: garlic burger.jpg (110KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
garlic burger.jpg
110KB, 1000x750px
>>8248450
I had to take a journalism elective for my public relations degree and it was about food journalism history/current events/etc... Pretty cool class, actually. Teacher's experienced and chill as fuck. But. When we write mock blog posts regarding food, we are encouraged to use filler and fluff (for lack of a better term) to draw people into our reading. Which pisses me off, because my recipe shouldn't need the crutch of writing metaphors and similes, I make damn good food as it is.

So not only do soccer moms revel talking about their experiences with food, but they're teaching journalism students in college to do this. This is now the new norm, waffledog, might as well accept it.
>>
>>8243865
I laughed
>>
>>8247606
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>8251912
That might make sense if the top country wasn't Finland.
>>
>>8243744
Nobody eats processed chicken any more.

Except children and niggers.
>>
>>8248320
>onions are not a legitimate allergin
They are though, my wife gets watery eyes, runny nose, and a full body flush if she eats un/undercooked alliums.
>>
>>8243744
Literally never heard anybody say any of the things on both sides.
>>
>Pork
>In any dish ever
>inb4 Mudslime/Kike
Just eat beef/chicken, they objectively taste better and are healthier than your fat shit
>>
>People who lick/suck fingers
>chews with mouth open
>talks with mouth full
>loud chewing smacking noises
Mostly niggers do this, although it's alot more common than i thought
>>
File: 1425351264500.gif (189KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1425351264500.gif
189KB, 600x600px
>People who like their scrambled eggs firm and not runny
>>
>>8254026
>People who like their scrambled eggs runny and not firm
>>
File: 1390928275533.png (157KB, 391x439px) Image search: [Google]
1390928275533.png
157KB, 391x439px
>>8254051

What's fucking wrong with you
>>
>>8243744
Nowadays, I can't eat any chicken tendies that aren't Cane's. It just raised my standards way too high.
>>
>>8252210
i do this
i also dont preheat the oven, just put a set a timer +15 minutes
>>
>>8243744
Fuck you, Ben, expand your palate you literal fucking manchild.
>>
File: palette-cp.jpg (80KB, 1000x551px) Image search: [Google]
palette-cp.jpg
80KB, 1000x551px
>>8248336
>palette
>>
>>8247490
>f-fatty
You're wrong, suck my cock.
>>8247605
If you're going to chide like a faggot, the least you could do is at least be clear on what you're being a faggot about.
>>
>>8254647
If you're happy with mediocrity you're not alone. I have a tough time with it.
>>
File: 1476875290292.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476875290292.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>8244224
>this level of autism
Wow
>>
>>8243566
Whats wrong with drinking from the bottle?!
>>
>>8251998
I eat supreme i fucking love it but i unlike others have consideration for other people and get supreme on my own time or if im putting in for it.
Occasionally when my friends are ordering pizzas i mention supreme just to see their reaction but thy realize im joking and we laugh and get something cheaper.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 640x1136px
>>8246096
Intellect is know a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
>>
>>8254913
I don't do chain or frozen pizza, so I had to look up exactly what a supreme pizza was.
>>
>>8254987
Smarts is not posting motivational poster tier quotes on 4chan, you fag.
>>
>>8254997
Do you just make your own?
>>
>>8255363
Thats dungeons and dragons reference how do you not get that?
>>
>>8255885
No. My oven only goes up to 550F, so I can't make the kind of pizza I like at home I go out to good brick oven joints and once in a while get a slice at an old school neighborhood slice joint. That pretty much covers all my pizza needs. Except for that once every few years when I have to go to a really old school coal oven place. Thankfully they're still around.
>>
>>8254987
>triggered

it's a vegetable, you fuck
>>
Grown men who drinks baby formula. I mean come on it's intended for babies who need their nutrients and have not developed anykind of palate yet.
>>
>>8244286
>DUDE CHEESE AND BACON THO!
>>
>>8247101

He's right about the drinking soda or milk with meals though. They're some of the worst things you can drink with a meal. Best to drink with a meal is a fermented drink like beer or wine. I am aware there are fermented milk drinks out there in certain cuisines and those are fine too.
>>
>>8251247
Its a branded meat substitute, not unlike TVP. And not bad as those things go.
>>
File: 1402789157670.jpg (4KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1402789157670.jpg
4KB, 180x180px
>>8243839
>nothing wrong when you hold it from the neck of the bottle so your hand isn't warming your damn drink up.
Awful advice.

1) You look like a tosser holding it by the neck.

2) Doing this warms up the neck so much that beer passing through it is also warmed up.

3) The rim of the bottle is warm when touching your lips, which is disgusting.

Hold it on the body of the bottle without a vice-grip like a proper person.
>>
People who openly say they dislike onion in any form but will still eat a dish that contains onion in it if they don't know.
Similar to above, if it is for any other ingredient

Bonus points. They say it is delicious after eating and ask how it has that flavour.

I am mainly triggered by the onion thing though as onions are really common in cooking
>>
>>8247605
Olive oil and bread is fantastic. Maybe you've never had the good stuff.
>>
>>8257083
>>8247605
>Olive oil and bread is fantastic. Maybe you've never had the good stuff.
This.

Throw some good salt in that olive oil and it's better than butter. That floral olive oil taste is wonderful.

I put some balsamic vinegar alongside the olive oil, on a plate, for dipping. Maybe a few cherry tomatoes if I have them and definitely black olives if I have them.
>>
>>8257940
>I put some balsamic vinegar alongside the olive oil, on a plate, for dipping.
That's exactly the kinf of shit that tweaks my autism - dunking bread in salad dressing.
>Maybe a few cherry tomatoes if I have them and definitely black olives if I have them.
This is get. Having some bread with a salad. Makes perfect sense. But just dunking the bread in the salad dressing by itself is a step too far for me.
>>
>>8256867
I can't eat raw onions without getting violently sick. Feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>8257952
>That's exactly the kinf of shit that tweaks my autism - dunking bread in salad dressing
i would have said you win the thread, but since you're obviously actually autistic, the jury has decided to disqualify you. no professionals allowed!
>>
>>8243566
Olive oil. Its the meme oil to top all memes
>>
>>8250933
To be fair, Quorn is pretty good.
>>
>>8244256
Why cold milk specifically?
>>
>>8258366
Because I know some folks who cook their oatmeal porridge in milk, and that's not at all bad. For me what makes the kind of breakfast cereal that comes ready to eat in a box so fucking gross (aside from not liking the taste or the idea of it) is that you're taking something crunchy and sogging it out with milk (which I'm not too much of a fan of to begin with). Why pour a bunch of crunchy flakes into a bowl, then milk, then rase to eat it before it's soggy? Where's the pleasure in that?
>>
>Mother fucking diet soda

I swear to fucking god.
>>
>>8256757

Here bottled beer is the norm and you only get it in half pints/275ml because even if you drink it in 4 mins you notice it starting to get warm even if it was half a degree away from freezing when you cracked it open.

Generally foreigners hold it by the body and locals hold the neck. Otherwise your hand gets cold and wet. Also a seasoned alcoholoc will tell you to hold it in your left hand because you dont want to be tramsfering the drink and wiping your hands every 20 seconds when you are shaking people hands. Aside from the obvious conveniences you dont come off as brand new
>>
>>8250933
That's like me, except I don't like egg.
>>
>>8258578
>half pints/275ml
holy shit that's tiny. around here, bottled beer usually comes in 330ml or 500ml.
oh, and by the way
>if you drink it in 4 mins you notice it starting to get warm even if it was half a degree away from freezing when you cracked it open

beer in smaller bottles actually gains heat faster than in bigger bottles, since the relative surface increases when the volume decreases. that's why you immediately notice your beer getting warm
>>
>>8258474
>Why pour a bunch of crunchy flakes into a bowl, then milk, then rase to eat it before it's soggy?

>fill bowl with milk
>pour a small amount of cereal into bowl
>eat
>pour another small amount of cereal into bowl
>eat
>etc
>>
>>8247003
Or both
>>
>>8251900
same desu
>>
>cooked carrots
>most beans
It's a texture thing. I'll still eat them, I just won't make them myself. Love uncooked carrots however.

>Not finishing your meal
Fuck you ass hat, wasting damn money.

>not telling me what you don't like and then picking out the stuff you don't like
There was a reason I asked if there was any food you didn't like.

>health/superfood fags
>muh "genetics/celiac/etc" fags
>muh bacon is amazing/worst thing ever fags
It's fucking food. Eat what tastes good. Don't want to get fat? Don't eat a lot of it and/or exercise. Worried about health? Plan your meals to meet your dietary requirements.

>BUT I'M TOO POOR FOR ANYTHING BUT RAMEN!!!
No you're not. What you are is:
A) Too fucking retarded to do basic cooking.
B) Wasting your money on stupid shit. Bills, food, fun. In that order.
C) Both
>>
File: 1477080614912.jpg (104KB, 701x959px) Image search: [Google]
1477080614912.jpg
104KB, 701x959px
>homemade

So you live in the restaurant? How's that working out for you?
>>
People who get into arguments about how a steak is "supposed" to be done. Eat the dank thing however you want, don't shit on someone's else's taste buds.
>>
Instant/processed/ready to eat food used on daily basis. Sometimes in some cases it is good thing - ie when hiking.
>>
File: 20120217_kimminhee_6.jpg (57KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
20120217_kimminhee_6.jpg
57KB, 540x784px
>>8247648
I love eating leftover potatoes with just salt and butter.

I love eating good bread with just butter or lard.

But I also love eating good bread with just olive oil. The whole thing tastes just great. And in nowhere does the question of 'health' come in.
>>
>>8250933
>vegetarian
>needs to mention she doesn't like fish
When will this meme end?
>>
>>8252478

i would hope they're not teaching people to write like soccer moms. that shit is usually dire, navel-gazing writing. i can just about stand people like david leibovitz and fxcuisine though. really, it's not journalism, that stuff. it's a more creative, expressive medium. i don't have a problem with other people liking it but i find it retarded.
>>
>>8246267
>>8252210

i do this.

there aren't actually any real problems to doing it.
>>
>>8256536

can you actually back up your opinion? different drinks go with different meals, i don't see why fermentation in itself makes for an inherently better pairing with all foods.
>>
>>8259642
Oh god my grandma puts so much sugar in her 'homemade' sauce. Why bother using ragu and putting stuff in it when you could just buy a better pre made sauce?
>>
>>8259951
What do you mean friend? There are several forms of vegetarian diets. Some allow dairy, eggs, fish, and other things while other forms do not.

That is why I ask if dairy/fish/eggs are okay when cooking for vegan/vegetarian/etc.
>>
LOUD CHEWING AND SLURPING. I CANT TAKE IT. IF SOMEONE IS DOING IT AROUND ME I WILL JUST LEAVE. IF THEY HAVEN'T LEARNED TOO EAT PROPERLY BY NOW IM NOT GOING TO TEACH THEM.
>>
>>8260718
>friend
not even him, but when people begin their posts with shit like this i know instantly that it's not worth reading. are you muslim by any chance?
>>
>>8260734
Not even close.

Would you prefer if I had typed "Bruh, what the fuck are you talking about?" or "Anon, are you retarded?".

Maybe a smug_anime_face.png would have been the best response.
>>
>>8251732
You can see which countries have mostly lactose intolerant populations.
>>
>>8260745
>Would you prefer (...) "Anon, are you retarded?"
well yes, where do you think we are?
>>
>>8252010
I bet you don't eat chicken with your eggs either faggot.
>>
>>8261443
Why would you mix chicken and eggs together in the same dish? Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>8261459
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/43628/oyako-donburi/
oyaku donduri, japanese dish with chicken and egg, oyako meaning mother and child. delicious
>>
>>8261466
That's reaching pretty far for an example. Not exactly a common pairing.
>>
>>8261480
>anon asks "who the fuck does that?" Another anon provides a perfectly common dish in another country with a cute name proving its long history, and first anon declares that's really stretching it.

Huh?
>>
>>8261480
well, excuse me then. obviously americans don't care for the rest of the world. what about fried chicken, then? the batter can be made with eggs, so that would be chicken and eggs. better?
>>
>>8261497
>>8261490
My point is that you usually don't put egg in chicken dishes or chicken in egg dishes. There isn't much to gain by piling to bland proteins together.
>>
>>8261512
>My point is
no. you literally asked
>>8261459
>Who the fuck does that?
and got two examples just like that, with the fried chicken even one that is common. you're really trying to win this whole autism thing, don't you
>>
>>8243744
This I fucking love my tendies
>>
>>8261512
>usually don't put egg in chicken dishes or chicken in egg dishes
what about
>>8243744
chicken tendies with mayo? mayo is made with eggs
>>
File: 1448420872148.gif (1000KB, 315x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448420872148.gif
1000KB, 315x236px
>>8247003
>or
>>
File: 1470175967267.gif (606KB, 512x390px) Image search: [Google]
1470175967267.gif
606KB, 512x390px
non-/ck/ crossboarding faggot here

some things that would annoy me
>people that manage to pile 8 meters of kitchen counter full of crap just to make a simple sandwich or other small kind of dish
>people that don't fucking clean up above mess so I have to clean up before I can prepare my food
>stupid impractical shit like the webm in >>8244076
>the cost of water in restaurants, let alone any other type of drink
>people that get mad at you when you rate their food bad when they asked you to be honest
>any kind of food rating website, including /ck/ threads
>mcdonalds giving me a fucking yaoi nugget when I just wanted chicken nuggets
>when someone in the office keeps fucking pushing me to drink that vile excuse for coffee they have there
>when I'm offered coffee at other companies and it's the same kind of vile shit that gives me acute explosive diarrhea, making me spend half the visit redecorating their toilets
>red bull addicts implying they have any sense of taste
>pizza's with way too much fucking cheese on them

oh and fucking >>8247729, everyone in my family does this fucking shit. I don't need fucking nutella in my peanut butter.
>>
>>8260871
Well everyone keeps bitching about how the chans have gone to shit. Figured I'd try to improve them. If we all work together anon, we can make 4chan great again.
>>
People who can't even crack an egg right. Similarly, people who say they can separate yolks and whites but end up wasting 5 of my fucking eggs.

People who don't know the basics of cooking but act like they do. Friend once asked me if we're supposed to wash meat before we cook it. I told him no, he then proceeded to tell me I'm wrong and googled it.

People who can't even make a fucking pancake right

People who can't even cook a damn egg for more than a minute because they're too impatient.

Impatient people in the kitchen who complain the food is cooking too slow for their liking.

People who don't understand that throwing ingredients together doesn't result in good tasting food.
>>
>>8261459
>>8261480
>>8261512
>http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9393/chicken-and-egg-fried-rice.aspx
chicken and egg fried rice
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.