[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people appreciate hotdogs anymore? They should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 23

File: canada-hotdog.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
canada-hotdog.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
Why don't people appreciate hotdogs anymore? They should be just as popular as hamburgers or any other fast food junk.
>>
I think their reputation is kind of their downfall. They got firmly established and entrenched as simple, cheap, lower class food (hot dog carts, ball games, etc.), and while yeah, obviously we all know about artisanal hot dog shit, they can't really escape the very reputation which made them popular in the first place.

I pulled that right out of my ass though, probably completely wrong.
>>
>>8241710
Cheeseburgers have a way worse wrap ever since Super size me. People think hot dogs and they think baseball and beer. They should be more popular.
>>
Leaving this thread desu.
>>
>>8241695
They are literally the longest lasting food meme of all time. You got stereotypical dogs based on geographic location (Coney Dog, Chicago dog) that people of those places allegedly don't think anything else counts as a hot dog. When people visit these places they have to try them, but honestly thats really the only draw.

People in these cities don't regularly eat them, only when they are in the mood for a dog, which is never. The short answer is they were never popular outside the clique tourist attraction they are in some cities.

People in Denmark legitimately love and regularly consume they're style of hot dog though. Just not in the states.
>>
cuz hot dog carts around here charge like $4-5 for one
>>
>>8241729
For some reason Chicago's hot dog autism when it comes to ketchup infuriates me. I know it doesn't matter, but the fact that they get so unbelievably pretentious over cheap tube meat is ridiculous.
>>
File: 094905_laff.jpg (17KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff.jpg
17KB, 265x300px
>>8241717
>cheeseburgers
>baseball

I'm gonna kill myself after I post this image again real quick.
>>
>>8241751
True 2bh
>>
>>8241695
I think because people have gotten so used to eating shitty "made with chicken/turkey/pork" mystery meat dogs that they forget what a good beef hot dog is like.
I grew up with my mom only buying the shitty turkey franks because they were "healthier" and when I discovered what an actual beef hot dog tasted like, I was amazed.

TL:DR - hot dogs get a bad rap because people are so used to shitty grades of meat
>>
>>8241757
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>8241780
Ignore him.
He's an easily triggered faggot.
>>
>>8241695
cuz most people dont know how to make them. You're supposed to toast the bun. If you don't all you get is a mouth full of way too much cold doughy shitty white bread followed by sausage that's the same temperature as the sun burnt to a crisp.

Aussies do it best and just use a slice of bread. Less shit in the way of what you actually want, a fucking sausage.
>>
>>8241695
Hot Dogs suck ass.
>>
>>8241786
>you get is a mouth full of way too much cold doughy shitty white bread followed by sausage that's the same temperature as the sun burnt to a crisp.

That is part of the charm
>>
>>8241729
I grew up in Chicago and ate hot dogs all the time. Now I live in Miami and the hot dogs suck here so never eat them.
>>
Actual sausages are marginally more expensive yet 100x better
>>
>>8241695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jhmkcOGAA

This scene always makes me want a hotdog
>>
>>8241695
Hot dogs were really popular in the early part of the 20th Century. Before fast food in the form of burgers and fries was everywhere most towns had hot dog joints.Some of these are still in business: Pink's in LA, Papaya King in NYC, Nathan's in Coney Island and countless "Coney" joints in the Midwest.

What killed appreciation for the hot dog on a national scale was affluence. People were initially skeptical of burgers because they had a tough time believing ground beef was hygienic. Once they were convinced burger joints popped up everywhere. And this happened at a time when Americans had enough money in their pockets to eat at them. Think about it: if you had the money to go out for a more luxurious burger why bother with a hot dog? Compared to a burger it seems like poverty food. Educated people with a little money in their pockets like the idea of eating "healthy", and the hot dog was too brazenly packed with fat, salt and preservatives to qualify as such.

I love them, but only eat a few a year.

>>8241729
Denmark has the best hot dogs I've ever had. They're made out of pork and smoked.
>>
>>8241695
A
>>
>>8241926
FUCKING
>>
File: burgers.png (9KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
burgers.png
9KB, 243x208px
>>8241913
>Think about it: if you had the money to go out for a more luxurious burger why bother with a hot dog? Compared to a burger it seems like poverty food

Top fucking kek Americans.
>>
>>8241933
For many Americans during the Depression hot dogs were the only meat they could afford. They picked up some poverty food association from that time.
>>
>>8241913
The true hotdog sausage if ground, stuffed and smoked at home is a real treat. They're kind of a pain though because you have to emulsify the meat and that adds some additional complexity to the process.
>>
>>8241757

STOP TRYING TO FORCE THIS MEME YOU FUCKING NEWFAG NIGGER
>>
File: HotDogTorta.jpg (212KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
HotDogTorta.jpg
212KB, 500x375px
I'm happy Latin Americans still love them.
>>
>sausage is for poorfags
You people do realize that you can make your own sausages? Or buy legit sausages?
>>
>>8241729
I live in chicago and eat hot dogs almost every week
>>
>>8241933
This is true, though. Almost any time people are grilling they make both burgers and dogs. Every single time people snatch up all the burgers and the people late to the grill are stuck with hot dogs.

I'm not saying they're bad, but in comparison to a burger there's no competition.
>>
>>8241695
>eat a well made hotdog
>it's shit
>eat a cheap dollar dog
>surprisingly good
>>
>>8242125
So much this.
>>
>>8241710

Actually, think this is probably right. If I could get an artisanal hotdog, where I knew what was in it, I would probably eat them.
>>
File: hotdogguide.jpg (453KB, 620x2790px) Image search: [Google]
hotdogguide.jpg
453KB, 620x2790px
>>8241695
In Montréal, they're still popular.
From dirt cheap steamed hot dogs to high priced designer dogs, they're still in.
>>
>>8242491
Of course Japans hot dog has tentacles
>>
>>8242491
Michigan knows what's up
>>
>>8241932
LEAF
>>
File: leafd.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
leafd.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>8243087
Problem?
>>
>>8241695
Places like Wienerschnitzel are awful. The hot dogs are almost half as small and taste worse than the cheapest kind of hotdogs you can buy at supermarkets, and the price of it is ridiculous. Unless you're buying a dog that's higher quality meat with a good amount of quality toppings, you're better off just buying it from the store. It requires minimal effort to compared to something like cooking/assembling frozen hamburger patties.
>>
>>8243130
Off the top of my head only Dairy Queen makes dogs and they're good
>>
because they all taste the same
>>
Because they're a sodium tube with poor nutritional value where burger is just ground meat.
>>
File: A9ooGXBCUAMUnC7.jpg-large.jpg (98KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
A9ooGXBCUAMUnC7.jpg-large.jpg
98KB, 768x1024px
I find it pretty boring. But every 2 month I might bite in.
>>
File: obama-mic-drop.gif (3MB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
obama-mic-drop.gif
3MB, 500x524px
>>8241695
>Why don't people appreciate hotdogs anymore?

they are garbage food literally made from garbage parts of various animals. they are seasoned to taste like shit, their texture is disgusting, and the typical toppings are either raw, overpowering aromatics with shit-tier condiments or cloying, sticky slime that tastes like HFC with a dab of vinegar.

>They should be just as popular as hamburgers or any other fast food junk.

No, they shouldn't. And to be clear, some hamburgers are fast-food junk, but an artisanal burger will BTFO of any frankfurter 100% of the time. Period.
>>
>>8243164
>>8243220
>>8243238
>>8243259
Kill yourselves faggots. Hot dogs are great.
>>
>>8241695
I buy them from street vendors occasionally when I don't have time to stop for anything else. They fill the niche of easily portable cooked meat well, they just are not as good as burgers when you have more time and can sit down.
>>
>>8243259
>an artisanal burger will BTFO of any frankfurter 100% of the time. Period.
You've never been to Denmark where the hot dogs are on par with most of the better burgers you've had.
>>
I eat hot dogs when ever i can its hot links that are going away and its pissing me off
>>
>>8241695
It's not as filling as burgers.
>>
>>8243369
>Danish remoulade
>pickles
>fried onions
That's all a hotdog needs. So good.
>>
>>8241729
Yeah can confirm that Chicagoans do eat 'go dogs all the time. Go into a portfolios at lunch rush and it's practically all they're serving.
>>
>>8243873
*Portillos
fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>8241972
I always wondered why every Mexican restaurant around here has hotdog meat at,the top of their list of meat choices.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (80KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
80KB, 500x498px
>>8243874
I miss getting hot dogs there so much
>>
>>8243992
Salchichas are really popular all over Latin America. It isn't just the Mexicans. Columbians, Ecuadorians and Argentines do great things with them as well.
>>
>>8241757
This picture is annoying as fuck and your posts arent funny. Back to facebook
>>
I work at a hot dog shoppe, we have over 300 hot dogs on the menu. 200 are secret menu dogs.

Some include:
Manly meat
Hunny bunny
Drunken ginger
El Sarapē
Cleveland
Etc.

Been in business for 7 years, not going anywhere, averages $400+ each weekday lunch.
>>
>>8243148
Sonic and Burger King, too
>>
>>8244595
Sonic Chili Dogs are god-tier.
>>
>>8241695
What are those leaves made of? Chips? Styrofoam?
>>
>>8242491
fuck off Carolina, that's a West Virginian slaw dog.

man I could go for a chicago dog
>>
>>8241695
Went to visit my friend at a different college, his roommate loved the Big Bite hot dogs from 7/11. Apparently at the beginning of the semester he was eating one every day, everyone told him how gross it was but he said they were delicious. Didn't make it a week without getting food poisoning and throwing up.
>>
>>8241695

Because most people's idea of a hotdog is a disgusting processed thing that sits in a jar or wherever the fuck they manage to fit them for years on end before being heated to lukewarm and served in a stale bun.
>>
hot dog condiments are fucking disgusting
>>
>>8244595
I had no idea burger king had hot dogs, we don't have Sonic here also
>>
>>8241695
>a fucking leaf
>>>/out/
>>
File: leaf'd.jpg (458KB, 896x619px) Image search: [Google]
leaf'd.jpg
458KB, 896x619px
>>8244924
Regards
>>
>>8244977
A
>>
>>8246221
DEAD BURGER
>>
>>8246394
That's clearly an eagle. I think you need to get your eyes checked, anon.
>>
Places stopped selling them, honestly.
I fucking love a good dog but nowhere here sells them with any quality.
>>
>>8242111
thats because they use shit meat on their dogs. They buy those family packs with Mystery Meat™. If you a pack of prepared sausages you'll quickly realize hot dogs can be top tier, and this is without adding condiments.

I used to think hot-dogs were poor people food until I started buying more expensive sausages. Fucking game changer tbqhwy.
>>
>>8241695
Because you can make a quality hamburger. Theres no such thing as a quality hotdog. Once you start making the hotdog quality and tasty it becomes a brat, sausage, etc.
>>
>>8241777
This. There's no comparison between the cheap Oscar Meyer shit and a good beef hot dog. Here in Chicagoland we're kind of spoiled because of how many of the beef hot dog makers are based here, led of course by Vienna Beef (which supplies just about all the restaurants around here).

>>8243873
Portillo's is fucking god tier... I've got one less than a mile from my house. Slammed all the time, drive thru is constantly busy, yet they're so well organized with such a good crew you get through in no time at all. Hot dogs are great, the burgers are properly charbroiled, beef sandwiches are excellent.. and the company that owns them now is planning on expanding their store count 10-15% a year with long term plans being full national expansion, hopefully that doesn't ruin the quality :/
>>
>>8241729
That's because there's literally nothing else to eat in Denmark, the whole country is just identical hot dog stands and Netto supermarkets every 200 yards.
>>
>>8243992
>>8241972
Mexican street dogs with bacon and jalapeño are amazing late night food, even if they use shit sausages.
>>
I'm going to eat so many hot dogs in March. Holy shit I never realized I would miss them as much as I do. I've never eaten them that often or anything.
>>
>>8246661
As someone living in Chicago how does one create a decent chicago dog at home.

I assume 99% of it is the bread like when it comes to pretty much every sandwich from the east coast.
>>
Post pictures of dogs
>>
>>8242491
>japan

got a kek out of me
>>
Eating hot dogs all the time makes them taste like ham.

They're a once a month kind of meat
>>
>>8242491
I miss the hot dog shack in the army, they knew how to properly dress a Chicago dog.
3 more weeks until cheat day and can have one.
/Fit/ and /ck/ must be immortal enemies
>>
>>8246810
Surprisingly moreso than /ck/ V /an/.
>>
>>8241695
too much salt
>>
>>8246685
Eh, not really. The identity of a Chicago dog is mostly in the presence of all the veggies (onion, chopped, grilled or raw, tomato wedges, pickle spear, sport peppers), celery salt, neon green relish (a specific product of Vienna beef company), yellow mustard, and lack of ketchup. If any member of that ensemble is missing, it's not a Chicago dog . The bun should be poppy seed, but it's not the focus.
>>
>>8241695
Because it is literally the lowest class food you can buy. Why would you even buy one? I can buy a case of 20 hot dogs for $6, 16 hot dog buns for <$3 and a tube of goat cheese for $7 at Sam's Club.

$16 for 16 gourmet goat cheese hot dogs and I can get ketchup for free, ORRRR I can buy some fucktards hot dog for $5

Hot dogs are bad for you, it's the worst class of meat. It's literally garbage.
>>
>>8244595
Never tried Sonic's hotdogs, but Burger King's hotdogs are literally Oscar Meyer's but grilled.
>>
>>8248263
>Oscar Meyer's but grilled.

Those cheap shitty hot dogs are the best tasting hot dogs though
>>
>>8247192
>Because it is literally the lowest class food you can buy.
Depends on where you are. In places that take their sausage making seriously the hot dogs are pretty good. I'm thinking Germany and Denmark, but there are some good quality hot dogs in the US. Marathon in NJ makes the hot dogs for both Katz's Deli and Papaya King, and both serve examples that are worlds away from Oscar Meyer tier garbage.

But the thing about hot dogs is that in the right hands even the shit tier ones can be delicious. Put chili and onion on an Oscar Meyer hot dog and it will still be garbage, but it will be delicious garbage. The amazingly delicious hot dog dishes they make in Latin America frequently use the cheapest sausages possible. Frequently not made from beef or pork - they're often ground up chicken. But dress them up the right way and they're awesome.

Yes, they're not a healthy food, nor a classy one. But if you're not eating them out of pure snobbery you're missing out.
>>
>>8247192
I just make my own. But I smoke mine which from what I understand is generally not done in the US. Took a few tries to get it texture and flavor down but since then I cannot eat the mass produced stuff. Feels like I'm getting ripped off.
>>
>>8241710

It doesn't help that they were created during the great depression.
>>
>>8247178
The thing is I visited Chicago a few years ago, tried chicago dogs at a couple places my friend had looked up online as being good places to get them.

They were both hot garbage and I figured they were overrated like most of the non-deep dish food items I've had in Chicago

But got dragged to portillos the other day by a visiting family member willing to pay for everything, and it was legit delicious. So theres gotta be some non-obvious technique to making them good
>>
>>8248339
Smoked pork hot dogs are tough to find in the US. I can only get them at German or Polish meat markets.Here the upmarket hot dogs are beef, usually flavored with garlic and paprika. I think they make some beef and pork examples in Chicago that are considered good as well, but I'll let someone from there confirm that. But most of the cheap ones in supermarkets here are made from assorted meats and don't even have casings. They're just extruded meat.
>>
I've been trying to tell everyone who will listen about the need for more gourmet hot dogs for like the last year.

Luckily there are two awesome dog shops in my town. Hot dogs are such a perfect canvas they need to be more popular.
>>
File: dog.jpg (152KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
152KB, 612x612px
>>8247192
>Because it is literally the lowest class food you can buy. Why would you even buy one?
>Hot dogs are bad for you, it's the worst class of meat. It's literally garbage.

If you can't enjoy a dog fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: dogs.jpg (75KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
75KB, 612x612px
>>8248392
>Hot dogs are such a perfect canvas they need to be more popular.

Exactly
>>
>>8248339
Yeah that's the only way to go. Make your own. The emulsification process is a bit of a bitch, but it's worth it. It's head and shoulders above what is sold as a hotdog.
>>
File: 1477086590493.gif (2MB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
1477086590493.gif
2MB, 200x171px
>>8248401
>the bottom one is just literally bathed in mustard
>>
>>8248452
That's nacho cheese I think
>>
>>8248360
So what was wrong with the bad ones you had and what was different about portillos? You need to be more articulate.
>>
>>8241777
yeah if you don't know your way around the store real good, you can end up with some, eh stuff.
>>
>>8241695

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGE1JVmJe-0
>>
>>8248537
Wont be watching that. They taste good, get fucked.
>>
File: Click_Dat_Shit.jpg (140KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Click_Dat_Shit.jpg
140KB, 500x400px
>>8248552
Do it faggot
>>
File: SteaméDOg.jpg (95KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
SteaméDOg.jpg
95KB, 525x350px
>>8242491
(You) A Montréal Hot Dog IRL
>>
File: hotdogtard.gif (716KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
hotdogtard.gif
716KB, 300x186px
>>8248537
Hot Dogs are made with love with prime meat. This video is halal propaganda.
>>
>>8241695
>Why don't people appreciate hotdogs anymore?

seriously wtf
>>
>>8248552
not him but seriously it's hilarious (not ironically either)
>>
>>8244583
What comes on a Cleveland?
Is it just a polish boy?
>>
>>8248325
never said they weren't my african american descent
>>
>>8241695
My perspective on it is that hot dogs are always going to run that risk of being trash-meat no matter which food establishment you are having one at. I say that first as pretext to the fact that hamburgers can be made in-house (the beef patty being the significance here, of course) and are therefore something that place does THEIR own way. Hot dogs are not ever made in-house. Perhaps that could be the factor to change this situation around. If restaurants started producing their own hot dogs, this MIGHT help. But something that will never help the whole situation lies in the contents of the hot dog itself, or at least its reputation for the contents.

Then, you've got sausage. That seems more likely to be made in-house than a "hotdog", but sausage is a totally different experience, taste, texture, etc. When you really think about it, its super fucking obvious why hotdogs are not as popular as you want them to be in restaurants.
>>
>>8249040
You autist, a hotdog is a sausage, it just happens to be emulsified. There's nothing in the definition, in fact quite the contrary, that requires it to be made with inferior ingredients. Just because the US corporations use pork rectums and other unspeakable offal does not mean that's how hotdogs are really made.

Stop denigrating true hotdogs when you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>8249134
>You autist, a hotdog is a sausage
I'm well aware of that. I thought that using the very well known and accepted terms "HOTDOG" and "SAUSAGE" would be enough to set the distinction for the reader. My bad that you are ... AUTISTIC?
>>
File: 5577879591_8ae2a2648b_m.jpg (21KB, 240x188px) Image search: [Google]
5577879591_8ae2a2648b_m.jpg
21KB, 240x188px
>>8241710
Wrong. They are not popular because they cannot and have not grown (in size) with the times. Burgers have gotten bigger and bigger to appease American fatties with a single sandwich. Even though you could give someone a plate of hotdogs, it still doesn't have the same appeal as a single fuckhuge burger drowning in a sea of fries. Same goes for many other foods; if you can make it big enough, Murcia will eat it.
>>
>>8244763
Sonic bacon cheesy pretzel dog is my favorite. I would eat those things all day if I could.
>>
File: o.jpg (96KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
96KB, 1000x746px
>>8242491
Lived in Hawaii for for 15 years and I've never seen a hot dog like that.

If anything, this would be a Hawaii 'hot dog'
>>
everything but cheap 1-2 dollar hotdogs make me want to throw up
>>
File: assburger2.jpg (97KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
assburger2.jpg
97KB, 640x439px
>>8249591
this desu famalam
>>
>>8241695
my theory is people don't like hotdogs that much because, hotdog buns are utter shit. put a hotdog/sausage on a hoagie/sausage roll and you've got one tasty treat. put the same thing on a hotdog bun and well, fuck you
>>
>>8242491
>Idaho
>Hotdog in a baked potato
Why the fuck does everybody assume people in Idaho eat nothing but potatoes
We don't even get the good potatoes, we export all of them
>>
>>8249608
whats with hawaiians and eating those weird spam rice sushi things

doesnt seem appealing at all
>>
>>8249626
You've obviously never had one.
>>
>>8246623
Yeah my family always grills mets and brats, which are dank.
>>
>>8249591
Have you even seen hotdogs nowadays? They're thick and footlong.
>>
>>8248456
unfortunately so
>>
File: 071.jpg (188KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
071.jpg
188KB, 1200x900px
>>8249591
>likes da sausage
>wants bigger sausage
>half of /b/ threads in a nutshell
>>
>>8242491
>Germany
>Frankfurter, sauerkraut, potato salad, mustard (no bun)

This isn't a hot dog tho.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-05-12-22-54.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-05-12-22-54.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
There's a hot dog restaurant in my city called Steve's Hot Dogs

They focus on the toppings though, not the dog itself. I'd like a restaurant that makes its own artisan hot dogs. Still great

Chicago dogs are the current pinnacle of dank fast food dogs though. There should be a McDonald's of Chicago dogs.
>>
>>8244261
they are starting to chain out like shake shack

I know there is one in socal up near LA
>>
Basically a shittier burger.

Fucking hilarious how fat fucks in USA get all "a hot dog needs to have this and that and definitely not that and this this is really important and my entire personality is tied to how I eat my cheap shitty kid food".
>>
>>8250438
>no bun

Hillary?
>>
Do people treat any sausage in a bun as a hot dog, or does it have to be a hot dog style sausage to be a hot dog?

Because I'd separate a regular sausage in a bun from a hot dog myself.
>>
America needs a hotdog fast food chain. Sell them at a dollar per dog and charge extra for premium toppings.
>>
>>8250927
I think most people agree with you. Sausage inna bun is not a hotdog.
>>
>>8250927
A hotdog is a type of sausage, but not all sausages are hotdogs. So no, other types of sausages in a bun are not hotdogs.
>>
I think the biggest problem with hotdogs is it's hard to find a decent priced, actually good hot dog. They're just fucking filler, there's a reason a sausage tastes better
>>
>>8241695
because they are literally one of the worst foods you can eat...they're certainly delicious, but not good for you, at all
>>
>>8250937
Sonic
>>
>>8250937
hot dogs are too easy to make yourself with the most common toppings that you would put on there...if you wanted some exotic toppings for your hot dog, you wouldn't go to a big chain, you would go to a small restaurant that specialized in hot dogs
>>
>>8250937
Wienerschnitzel.
They also got good chili.
>>
They are just as popular if you go by how many are sold and eaten. People just think hamburgers taste better, and I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>8242491
Holy shit Norway what are you doing?
>>
They look just as disgusting as so called "burgers".
>>
>>8241695
I think the issue is paranoia about what goes inside a hotdog.

With a burger you know it's just ground beef, and you can easily make a burger yourself by buying a pound of it.

With hot dogs? Not so much
>>
>>8242491
I got a semi-chub at Denmark and Amsterdam. Czech sounds neat too.
>>
>>8252737
I had one as a kid, I remember vomiting heavily all night afterwards.
Fucking disgusting.
>>
File: Bæjarins bestu.jpg (421KB, 1135x736px) Image search: [Google]
Bæjarins bestu.jpg
421KB, 1135x736px
>>8241695
You haven't tried a hotdog if you haven't tried a "SS Pylsu" (SS Sausage) at the Bæjarins Beztu hot dog stand in Iceland
>>
>>8241710
Sushi was a cheap street food too.
>>
>>8248456

thought it was custard
>>
>>8241695
Nice
>>
>>8254311
But Japs don't have some self hating cultural cringe
>>
>>8242491
Missing NZ: battered and deep fried on a stick with shit cheap tomato sauce
>>
The quality of the "dog" in the past 20 years has declined so much I can barely eat them from a normal stand.

Still love me a good "dog" though
>>
>>8252737
Shit's cash. It's better with a proper bun though, or a combination of the two.
>>
I LIKE HOT DOGS BUT SOMETIMES I PREFER THEM ON A REGULAR OL POTATO BREAD SLICE
>>
>>8241695
>you will never have a proper american hotdog
>you will never have a real taco

Life of a bong sucks lads.
>>
Hamburgers are actual food
Hotdogs aren't. Sausage is, but hotdogs are just lowest of the low processed meat scraps. It's disgusting, also needing to be piled with condiments to taste good is usually a bad sign considering most hot dogs you can't even taste the "meat" and just use it for texture.
>>
Wait a minute... what's that on your hotdog there... is that?
>>
File: 1469715347742.jpg (279KB, 2400x1694px) Image search: [Google]
1469715347742.jpg
279KB, 2400x1694px
>>
>>8258197
Looks like the tranny from that horror movie
>>
>>8258158
>proper American hotdog
What does this even mean? The only "proper" hotdogs near me are an hour away in Chicago
>>
>>8248743
Willing to bet that picture was taken at Decarie Hot-Dog
>>
>>8242491
>all those obscure dogs
>no Sonoran dog

Shaking my head to be honest family
>>
>>8258313
Scratch that, I'm literally retarded
>>
>>8242491

Dodger please
>>
>>8248966
It's a Chicago with a ghost pepper chili sausage.

We called it a "Suck it Cleveland" after the cubs won. "Suck it" means with a ghost pepper chili sausage.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.