[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to cook chicken livers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: chicken liver.jpg (140KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
chicken liver.jpg
140KB, 1300x866px
What's the best way to cook chicken livers?
>>
>>8240283
bread and fried, or pan fried
>>
>>8240283
Salt and pepper with a light dusting of flour, fried in butter with lots and lots of thinly sliced onions, served with something starchy on the side.
>>
>>8240283
Pâté
>>
>>8240558
This
>>
>>8240528
Sounds good and simple, thanks. Gonna try this tonight
>>
>>8240558
I agree with pate. Gently boil them with onions and salt, then blend it and gradually add butter. Shape it in to a dick for lols, and put it in the fridge for about 3h.
>>
>>8240598
I generally prefer my pâté to be creamier for the spread, so instead I add pork fat to red meat liver pâtés or bird fat to the bird liver pates. Then I throw it in a couple jars to last me a few months.
>>
>>8240629
>>8240598
>>8240558
I love pate, but I'm just looking to make a quick easy meal with the livers tonight
>>
>>8240283
stir fry with butter and lots of green onion
>>
File: rumaki.jpg (207KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rumaki.jpg
207KB, 800x600px
>>8240283

Rumaki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumaki
>>
breaded and fried.
>>
>>8240816
This, or authentic dirty rice.
>>
>>8240283
soaked in diluted milk for a few hours, then dried out with paper towels
this is the essential step. once you've done this, you can do whatever the fuck you like with them. I like them wrapped in bacon and briefly cooked in the oven
>>
File: tfw fat.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fat.gif
15KB, 633x758px
Well I coated them in flour and cooked them in butter with a fuckload of onions. It was delicious but very rich. I ate way too much and I feel like a fatass. At least it's a good source of nutrients I guess.
>>
>>8241069
>>
>>8241073
Yeah, I'll give that a try I guess.
>>
Chop them up, and fry them in the pan with some garlic. Not too hard, since if they get burnt they get dry. Then put in good drop of gin, or other herbal liquor. Then proceed with some creme fraiche, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with pasta! Easy dinner i make at leat once a week, and tastes delicious. Also some bacon in the sauce is optional.
>>
Pan Fried with honey and veggies
>>
File: IMG_9155.jpg (80KB, 971x1297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9155.jpg
80KB, 971x1297px
Chopped liver cooked with schmaltz on the.

That said...

There's literally nothing wrong with being a Jew.
>>
>>8242897
>Chopped liver
One of my guilty pleasures. Used to be able to get it all the time at publix deli. It's delicious with some triscuits, crispy and creamy at once.

To make your own pate, though, pork is preferred, and some great spice herbs and cognac.

I love rumaki too, lots of teriyaki soaked in there before getting crispy and well done.

I like a cornmeal dusted deep fry when I go to somewhere southern, like a cracker barrel, but oh, so rich. Need to counter it with some nongreasy sides like collards, roasted brussels, corn on the cob, cornbread, that kind of a thing.

It does indeed make a nice dirty rice. Hit it with loads of green herbs, scallions and parsley to keep the fattiness down.
>>
Pasta alla Caruso
>>
just chop ton of onion and saute it until soft and caramelised, add liver, fry until liver is brown (10 minutes) add salt, enjoy
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.