[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Rustic" recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

What are your favorite "rustic" recipes /ck/? I mean stuff that's really simple to make, where you cook everything in one pot and make a ton of food at once and can freeze the rest for later.

I really like recipes like this because they're quick and economical, having homemade food on hand in the freezer for those nights when I really don't feel like doing much work is a godsend.

Basically stuff like:
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/the-best-slow-cooked-italian-american-tomato-sauce-red-sauce-recipe.html
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/4654/
>>
>>8237342
>I mean stuff that's really simple to make, where you cook everything in one pot and make a ton of food at once and can freeze the rest for later.
Hamburger Helper
Specifically cheeseburger flavor
>>
>>8237342
I hate slowcookers
>>
>>8237348
I don't have a "slow cooker" as in the literal appliance if that's what you mean. The "slow cooked" recipe is tomatoes in a big pot in the oven for 6 hrs.
>>
>>8237352
ok, that I can get behind, it's just the whole crockpot thing I hate. I feel it lowers the bar to cooking so much that there's a million and one recipes to make shitty food using a crockpot
>>
>>8237356
>I feel it lowers the bar to cooking
Hate to break this to you champ but cooking is literally any process that involves applying heat to food. Sometimes not even that.
>>
My staple /fit/ food is a stew that I make taste good, but isn't exactly something I would cook for someone else.

It's just lentils, pinto beans, kale, peas (pods and all), broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and chicken breasts; all cooked in some chicken stock and flavored with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, white wine vinegar, and soy sauce, and then with a big scoop of plain whey protein powder.

Then when I stick the mess in a bowl, I put a scoop or two of non-fat greek yogurt and munch it down.

But if I want to present something for other people, I make stuffed bell peppers.
>>
>>8237342
this is pretty "rustic" I guess.
Gran used to make some mean sorrel stew back when I was a kid. Shit's really cheap if you grow em, you don't even need anything besides water/broth, sorrel leaves, and salt. Everything else is optional.
Also stinging nettle soup was a favorite as well. Made pretty much the same way as above. I still make that during spring cause, well, it just grows outside, it's a fucking weed. Both of these plants can be frozen and thrown in when you need them.
>>
>>8237342
Those aren't rustic you fat faggot
>>
File: groansinagony.gif (308KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
groansinagony.gif
308KB, 245x150px
>>8237767
>and then with a big scoop of plain whey protein powder.
>>
>>8237342
Here's how I usually make lentil stew.
>fry a bunch of bacon (use smoked tofu if you swing that way)
>throw in a bunch of roughly diced onions, carrots, maybe garlic or celery
>pour in lentils
>add broth, season with salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, and a pinch of cayenne
>>
File: Rich Piano.jpg (30KB, 659x483px) Image search: [Google]
Rich Piano.jpg
30KB, 659x483px
>>8239037

C'MON!
>>
File: 1430108956669.jpg (48KB, 350x442px) Image search: [Google]
1430108956669.jpg
48KB, 350x442px
>>8239095
Only one scoop?
C'MON
Gotta eat big to get big
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.