[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a nonstick pan /ck/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 61DNeT6i++L._SL1435_.jpg (138KB, 1207x1435px) Image search: [Google]
61DNeT6i++L._SL1435_.jpg
138KB, 1207x1435px
To preempt any shitposters. I have clad SS as well as smooth vintage cast iron pans. Nothing is better than nonstick for scrambled eggs. Don't post if you want to shitpost and argue because you're retarded and wrong.

Here's some additional preferences.
-It's to be strictly used for scrambled eggs and nothing else. Durability shouldn't be a big deal.
-No rivets.
-Can be cleaned easily to look new.
-Can be bought on Amazon or any big brick and mortar stores.

Asking for a friend.
>>
Forgot to add. If the point is scrambled eggs. Would a pot work better than a pan?
>>
A foodservice brand, like Tramontina or Alegacy (Eagleware).

>>no rivets
Why? It's like you want the handle to fall off.
>>
A cheap one. When the coating starts to go, just throw it out and get another
>>
>>8236115

The problem with that is that the cheap ones are thin and therefore prone to hotspotting and/or warping. They also tend to have shitty handles.
>>
>>8236114
Stuff sticks to rivets. If it does fall off, it's like the other guy says, I'll get another one.
>>
>>8236120

I use those pans at work daily. Never had a problem with anything sticking to them. It should be a total non-issue with scrambled eggs anyway. The eggs shouldn't fill up the pan enough to touch the rivets in the first place.
>>
These are great but the price is absurd.
https://www.amazon.com/All-Clad-7108NSR2-Professional-Stainless-Nonstick/dp/B00005AL44
https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Contemporary-3-Ply-Nonstick-Stainless/dp/B00XQDZTI6
I don't mind paying more for stuff that lasts but non stick never does right?

>>8236126
I usually have eggs 6 at a time so there's more volume. Also, when I make them in my SS, the eggs get on rivets all the time.
>>
>>8236105
Buy a Le Creuset omelette pan. It's the only pan I use for scrambled eggs. And, never use it for anything other than eggs (scrambled or omelette). It will stay pristine forever, and eggs slide right out. I've had my pan for over 15 years, and it still works as beautifully as when I first bought it, but nothing goes in that pan besides eggs (and butter).
>>
>>8236143
>I don't mind paying more for stuff that lasts but non stick never does right?

Some brands last longer than others. But it's not always about the price.

I used to buy nonstick pans that cost around the $20-30 mark. T-fal and the like. I'd get about a year of use out of those before they needed replacement.

Next I tried a very expensive Calphalon nonstick pan. I paid about $75 for it and that was on closeout when a store was going out of business. The list price was well over $100. The handle was solid, but the nonstick coating was no better than the T-fal. Lasted a year, then I threw it out too.

I started buying Eagleware/Alegacy from the restaurant supply store. I get about 3 years out of those, and that's with daily (often twice- or three-times daily use) Not to mention the metal is much thicker so they heat more evenly and don't warp. Those cost around $60 for a 12" size. In my opinion you can't go wrong with one of those.
>>
>>8236105

Non stick is a meme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.