[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: lard.jpg (68KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
lard.jpg
68KB, 1200x630px
Does anyone here have any experience using lard as a butter replacement? Butter is expensive as hell in my country. The normal alternative would be using margarine, but wouldn't lard be a lot healthier?

What does /ck/ think?
>>
Lard is indeed much healthier than margarine. I would recommend it over margarine any day.

They say something with the fat structure actually makes it healthy but I can't google that now.
>>
lard is fine. Hydrogenated lard isn't
>>
>>8232129
recently I bought a pound of it for experimentation, here's what I noticed:

>baking
I made some biscuits with lard instead of butter, I found the consistency of the biscuits to be about the same, the flavor was different and not in a completely pleasant way, but I found it highly edible.

>cooking
I cut up some potatoes patted them dry and salted them, threw in pan with some lard and good fucking god it was the most golden brown deliciously crunchy batch of homefries I have thus experienced. I also cooked an egg with some lard and found it to be about the same as butter for that.

>lubrication for a Colt model of 1858 replica cap and ball revolver
Pretty similar to bore butter in consistency but it will go rancid and start to stink, I'd say stick to bore butter.
>>
>>8232129
you pretty much have to make your own if you want it healthy. it definately wont be cheap if you get it from a pig that gets proper nutrition. The bonus is omega 3 content.
>>
Yes it's fine OP, saturated fat is perfectly healthy and has no impact on blood cholesterol levels.
Margarine is cancer in a container, and awful for you, steps have been made to try and ban it completely.
Lard, if from a good source, also has plenty of omega-3 fatty acids which are great from you.
So, yes, go ahead.
You can also save the fat from bacon, or other meats you cook if you don't use it in the dish. Cook vegetables in it - the vitamins etc in veg are better absorbed when taken in with fat.
>>
File: Froot Loop.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Froot Loop.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
I tried using Mexican lard but it made me feel lazy. I switched to African lard but that only caused me to steal more of it for no reason. I'm going to try European lard. I hope I'll still be able to dance afterward.
>>
>>8232129
eggs cooked in pig lard and chilli was probably one of the best breakfasts ive ever had
it can be a little overpowering at times though
>>
File: Stuart Dooley.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stuart Dooley.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>8232439
You got overpowered by lard.
>>
Don't forget to pray to the God of Lard
>>
>>8233340
Surely he died in #milkysuicide.
>>
>>8232129
Proper lard is fantastic. Beef Dripping is even better.
>>
>>8232129
lard is the bomb, better than margarine

make sure it isn;t fucked with ie. hydrolyzed
>>
File: Praise-the-Lard-e1297994706257.jpg (41KB, 376x299px) Image search: [Google]
Praise-the-Lard-e1297994706257.jpg
41KB, 376x299px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.