[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hate cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (54KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 1136x640px
>work at a restaurant
>busting orders, prepping shit and cutting vegetables
>never bitch or have a problem doing any of this even when busy
>cooking at home
>legitimately get frustrated making something simple as cooking chicken and sauteing vegetables
>feel like eating my fucking handgun just when I start cutting the chicken

Why the fuck am I like this? Does anyone know this feeling? Sometimes I go starving for the day or eat takeout twice a day.
>>
>>8224989
No idea. That's weird as fuck famalam.

Ask your boss if you can bring in your own ingredients and cook your food for the week at work, right before close/clean up.
>>
Your probably thinking the same methodology applies to home cooking which is false because pro kitchens are designed for quicker batch production for the masses.

For veggies just heat up the pan and let the heat do its work, maybe throw a touch of olive oil in for flavor. Chicken is easy as fuck to cook just put them in a dish and let the oven do the work its not that hard.
>>
>>8225004
I don't know. I can cut 20 pieces of chicken breast into small squares in under 6 minutes but it takes me 10 minutes trying to do 2 pieces from the stress. It just bottles up and I get fucking angry. Also whenever I try to make something, I always feel hungry the next hour and I have no more energy.
>>
>>8224989
Former software developer here and I had something similar. When I got home, the last thing on earth I wanted to do was touch a computer.
>>
>>8224989
yeah I only eat at work and fry up some hot dogs on white bread at home

>inb4 amerilard
>am canadian
>even worse
>>
>>8225132
lmao
>>
>>8224989
>>8225015

When at home you need to consume alcohol before entering the kitchen to cook

As much as possible
>>
>>8224989
I feel ya completely. When I get home and try to cook with my normal cookware I feel like I'm cooking with a toy set. The other day I was waiting on some drumsticks to bake and kept getting frustrated with the slow cooking. Remembered I wasn't working with a commercial convection lol.
>>
>>8226584
100% this. Cooking for work is one thing, but if you don't have a bev within an arm's reach of you at all times in your own kitchen you're doing it wrong
>>
>>8226584
>Break out the red wine
This is when I do some of my best cooking.

It's no wonder chefs are alcoholics.
>>
>>8224989
>>8225069

You hate those jobs, it's pretty simple
>>
File: 1435108309599.gif (93KB, 100x132px) Image search: [Google]
1435108309599.gif
93KB, 100x132px
>tfw when your kitchen is small
>working at a restaurant makes it feel even smaller
>get claustraphobic and frustrated at how little workspace you have
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.