[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, you guys got any good chicken recipes? Something that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Hey /ck/, you guys got any good chicken recipes? Something that is moderately easy and filling?

I'm open to it being brothy.

Pls help.
>>
File: video_image-462167.jpg (26KB, 706x397px) Image search: [Google]
video_image-462167.jpg
26KB, 706x397px
>>8221017
>>
>>8221017
>good chicken recipes?
Sorry, I only have mediocre chicken recipes.
>>
I like making a salt, vinegar and brown sugar mixture to soak chicken thighs or drumsticks in, then rub in some herbs and spices (I tend to experiment with random shit so I have no concrete advice here) then bake it in the oven with some oil. Grill would probably do better but I don't have one at the moment.
>>
>>8221031
I was actually thinking of trying out a Wok
>>
>>8221035
Might work, cooking vinegar in a wok seems like an easy way to blind yourself though. I'm probably just a pussy.
>>
>>8221037
Haha, I'll have to be careful I guess.

Any spices you'd recommend?
>>
>>8221041
Use spices from Egypt. That way you can wok like an Egyptian.
>>
>>8221205
I feel bad for laughing at this.
>>
>>8221017

> coming to /ck/ for recipes

I've gotten more recipes and ideas from /fit/
>>
I just fucked up fried chicken something fierce. The batter was blackened but I had to keep cooking because the internal temp was like 90F. I checked inside to make sure my thermometer wasn't broken and nope, red as fucking santa claus.

I know nothing about frying, where did I go wrong? They were huge pieces, should you only use small ones? The chicken was still kind of cold, should it have been room temp? I used a deep frying pan but only used enough oil to go halfway up the chicken, should the chicken be submerged?
>>
>>8222604
blackened chicken is a thing...
that is NOT how you make it.
>Everywhere
>smaller is better
>like any meat, yes you should have it at proper temp BEFORE cooking.
>I'm sure there's a hearty debate about that, in general it's a little more expensive to use enough oil to submerge but it's usually a good idea.
>>
>>8222604
I should specify since the wording looks weird
>deep frying pan
It is not a pan meant for deep frying, it is a frying pan that is deep.
>>
>>8222604
Yes the chicken should be submerged, that's why it's called deep frying. Also your oil was probably too hot if the outside was burning before the inside was cooked.
>>
>>8222604
Chef tip. Fry to the color your want on the outside and finish in a 200F oven to serving temp.
>>
>>8222612
>>8222618
>>8222639
I will remember these next time, thank you. I feel as if I've disgraced fried chicken.
>>
>>8222639
actual quality tip

it's a good idea to invest in a $40-$50 deep fryer. The most expensive part is refilling the sunovabitch though. Worth it if you like to fry at least once or twice a week otherwise >>8222639 is pretty much right. But the breading might fall off depending how you do it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.