[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Germans so good at baking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: German-Bakery-Box_2_main-1.jpg (263KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
German-Bakery-Box_2_main-1.jpg
263KB, 1000x1000px
Roggenkruste, Brötchen, Brezel, Vollkornbrot, seriously, how did Germans get so good at baking?
>>
>>8220996
(you)
>>
>>8220996
They have been using the ovens since 1945
>>
>>8220996
Because they share a border with Denmark
>>
>>8221061
>Makes a Holocaust joke
>Gets the date wrong

Protip: the war was over in Europe by that time
>>
>>8221061
Show proof
>>
>>8221083
Le holocaust isn't a joke! It's current year!
>>
>>8220996

They harvested almost everything from corn to wheat and had hard times in the past 400 years, also they tend to reinvent stuff from time to time and try new things to make them more suitable for different occasions.

The Brezel for example has 2 styles here: swabian and Bavarian.

For breakfast I prefer the swabian cause it has less salt on top,
If I eat a Wurst and have a beer I like the Bavarian better.

Germans simply know how to get shit done
>>
File: IMG_2756.jpg (45KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2756.jpg
45KB, 500x351px
>>8221141
Patrician breakfast.
>>
File: IMG_2755.jpg (32KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.jpg
32KB, 597x597px
>>
>>8220996
>how did Germans get so good at baking?

Not trying to be an asshat, but the real reason is the Romans. Germany adopted much of the Roman food and drink when they were a colony under the dominion of the Roman Empire.

t. ancient history patrician
>>
>>8221141
bavarian brezel 4 life binch
>>
Chicken schnitzel is probably the greatest thing mankind has ever invented.
>>
>>8221109
That's not even remotely close to what he said. Are you a retard?
>>
>>8221061
This is a lie (((they))) keep pushing
>>
>>8221093
Why, whenever someone even mentions the country Germany, does the thread have to devolve into Neanderthals raging about the veracity of the holocaust?
>>
File: haenchenschnitzel.png (300KB, 524x385px) Image search: [Google]
haenchenschnitzel.png
300KB, 524x385px
>>8221251
well thats why we also put it on rolls
>>
>>8221316
Americans
>>
>>8221355
what?
>>
>>8221316
/pol/
>>
>>8221316
Americlaps.
>>
>>8221321

I ate a lot of these in Germany purely because they were so cheap and widely available.
>>
>>8220996
Maxxed out oven skills.
>>
Historically they had the best scales paired with German autism the ingredients are always me assured perfectly. I also beleive that the word for snack in German is literally bread time
>>
my pet bunny really likes pumpernickel

i think its shit
>>
>>8223733
YOU'RE SHIT
>>
>>8223720

Brotzeit (bread time) doesn't mean snack but rather is used to refer to diner (could be any meal tho) that consists of bread with a variety of sausages, cheeses and pickled things
>>
Is sauerkraut any good? I've always been repulsed by it, but I've started to develop adult taste and I've come around to other cabbage dishes (slaw, kim chi).
>>
>>8223788
>Is sauerkraut any good?
Of course it is, but it's best when served fresh from a barrel.
>>
>>8223788
if you like kimchi you will at least be ok with sauerkraut
>>
>>8221245
>when they were a colony under the dominion of the Roman Empire

did that ever happen?
as far as i remember from history classes, the romans only managed to subduemall parts of southern and western germania, while the bulk of germanic lands that spanned large portions of northern and central europe were never conquered
>>
>>8223788
put some caraway in this bitch, serve with fat sausages either nürnberger rostbratwürste or debreziner.
>>
>>8221141
Like ruining Europe 3 (three) times?
>>
>>8223788
No.
>>
>>8223852
>fresh from a barrel

Huh? Sauerkraut is the very definition of "not fresh" since it ferments for at least a month.
>>
>>8224647

I think he means straight out of its fermentation vessel, rather than a commercial batch which was made and then canned/bottled.
>>
>>8224660
Agree wholeheartedly then, since I make my own. Commercially processed isn't even the same thing imo.
>>
It's not too unrelated from the beer making capacity.
>>
You can't be "good at baking". You literally just follow a recipe and put it in the oven. There is no skill or talent involved in following instructions.
I hate people who say they love baking instead of cooking, it's like saying they love being biked around instead of biking.
>>
>>8221141
i live smack in the middle of swabia but i vastly prefer bavarian pretzels. go get fucked dude.
>>
>>8221316
people on 4chan are more easily triggered than your average tumblrite. it's true. they're rats in skinner boxes.

>>8223908
and then it spread. culture is neither static nor immobile.
>>
Cause they can't build cars.
>>
>>8221083
HOW MUCH DOES A CHALLAH COST?
>>
Nothing comes close to a toasty, fluffy danish.
>>
>>8221321
this might as well be a McChicken
>>
>>8224747
Except you can, you know, love to bake by experimenting with ingredients. You don't always have to follow a recipe. I, myself, love to cook. My cooking research extends to "what goes well with what" and I make shit up from there. Creating new ideas always has me rushing home in excitement because I can't wait to try something new. I meal prep six meals at a time so I tend to make a lot all at once. Haven't made something I haven't found at least moderately tasty and everything is macro perfect.
>>
File: holly.jpg (7KB, 170x195px) Image search: [Google]
holly.jpg
7KB, 170x195px
>>8224747
>There is no skill or talent involved in following instructions.
and yet there are literally millions of people who cannot follow instructions.

please explain how following a recipe to cook a steak is different from following a recipe to bake a cake.
>>
>>8221321
SCHNITZELHAUS???
>>
>>8220996
Have german female friend. Mention how germans are suposed to be premier league baking
She says "meh, cinnamon in everything".
>>
>>8227801
>cinnamon in everything
>german female friend

She's lying, No seriously, check her background. Something's very, very fishy about this.
>>
>>8224678
So much this. When you are used to well made fresh Sauerkraut the canned stuff is just dreadful.
>>
>>8224747
>There is no skill or talent involved in following instructions.

Agreed. But that doesn't apply to baking.

>You literally just follow a recipe and put it in the oven.

And here is where the ignorance shows itself. You'd be a pretty shit baker if you blindly followed directions. There are all sorts of variables that you have to recognize and account for to be a good baker, and that all comes down to experience. No set of instructions can account for it. For example:

Flour absorbs vaying amounts of moisture from the air. So to get the best results you have to adjust the amount of liquid you are adding to your dough to account for what is already present. Flour also varies in protein content. You can see this when you knead the dough. Depending on the flour, the humidity, and the temperature, you might add more flour or water. You might also knead for more or less time based on how you see and feel the dough respond.

The length of time the dough proofs depends on the ambient temperature. So does the baking time.

A "baker" that follows printed directions like a robot is a shitty baker.
>>
>>8227801
To be honest, the german pastries are not as good as their bread and not on the same level as French, Italian or Austrian.
Still quite good and 'cinamon in everything' is just nonsense.
>>
>>8227801
Either you're lying, or your friend is lying. It can actually be rather difficult to find something with cinnamon in it at a German bakery, especially if you don't want to settle for a simple bun or roll.
>>
File: Cooking_with_Hitler.jpg (27KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
Cooking_with_Hitler.jpg
27KB, 600x579px
>>8220996
>seriously, how did Germans get so good at baking?

Because it involves an oven.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.