[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: food.png (317KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
food.png
317KB, 600x417px
I get sugar cravings after dinner

If I replace eating sugary shit with eating more proper shit (e.g. second helpings of dinner), will it make me fatter?

Eating second helpings of dinner stops the sugar cravings. Part of me thinks it will help me bulk up? But then also eating that much gives me a very full feeling in my stomach, and I keep thinking "ah it's just going to give me a fat fucking belly"

Wat do?
>>
It could be fine depending on what it is.

Eating a ton of vegetables should be good for example. They are fibrous and low calorie.
>>
File: red_seedless_grapes.jpg (3MB, 3915x2243px) Image search: [Google]
red_seedless_grapes.jpg
3MB, 3915x2243px
Because there's nothing sweet, yet healthy, that you could possibly eat, right?
>>
do you understand what calories are, op
>>
>>8219244
I'm cutting.
Fruit fits into my macros. So does a(nother) sweet protein shake (1scoop). Second dinner helpings often don't, too many calories.

Depends if you are bulking, cutting, what your TDEE and macros will allow.
>>
>>8219251

I'm talking about eating more meat and potatoes

>>8219256

Still got sugar in it hasn't it though

>>8219259

Yes I do, but surely calories from meat and potatoes is healthier (not gonna cause diabetes / sugar spikes) than stuffing loads of sugary crap, right?

Do you reckon more meat and potatoes will help me bulk up, or I'll just get fat?
>>
>>8219263

I'm not a lifter, I'm just a scrawny kid

25 y.o., 5'10", 136 lbs (178cm, 62kg)

If I eat more meat and potatoes will I at least be a little bulkier? Yes obviously you have to do some exercise to get muscles but I'm just talking about general bulk
>>
>>8219287
Try eating more meat. Stored carbs aren't that good for you. The less sugary or carb-filled stuff you eat, the less you will crave it but it takes a few weeks of giving up the sugary stuff. I still crave sweets if my carbs are too high too but you might not.

Tl:dr Yes extra meat and potato seconds are better than sugar junk.
>>
>>8219302

Alright makes sense, but do you think it will give me more bulk, or just a pot belly?

Maybe the only way to affect that is the level of physical activity I do
>>
>>8219287
Get fat?
Eat fat!
Watch the pounds pile on.
>>
>>8219305
If you eat more calories than you burn, your body stores it as fat. If you are not exercising, your body shape will be soft with more belly.

Why not just start beginner lift routine?
You'll look better and can handle the extra calories better. Everyone looks better a little more /fit/.
>>
>>8219266
britbong detected
>>
File: Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png (21KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
21KB, 2000x1000px
>>8219323

I used to go to the gym but found it really fucking stressful going three times or more a week, obsessing over this shit, seeing all the guys who were much bigger than me

I realised that it's best not to think of it as a zero sum game. Doing any exercise is better than no exercise. I get that.

But when I do something I want to be the best at it and ergo I'm in the gym, busting my balls, wondering how I can be bigger than everybody else.

>>8219331

Indeed, what gave it away?
>>
>>8219266
the nutritional profile of the source of those portions definitely is important, but if you aren't burning off a portion of calories when eating in excess then you are going to get fat.

its as possible to do dirty bulks to gain muscle as it is to get fat from sitting around and "eating clean". the difference would be the protein ratio and moving around more than the other
>>
>>8219362
when i see your posts i can hear them being read in joe sims' voice
>>
"healthy" is a meaningless buzzword
>>
>>8219244
depends on the amount of calories and fat%(mostly calories is what u should pay attention to; unless ur consuming pure lard and butter)
>>
>>8219366

I see your point. So basically you can eat lots as long as you're doing some fucking exercise. Makes sense.

And the lots that you're eating should be good shit instead of bad shit.

>>8219375

Who the fuck is that?

>>8219380

I never actually mentioned the word "healthy" at all, apart from here I said "healthier": >>8219266 - but I said specifically what I was referring to, specifically avoiding sugary foods and their negative affects on the body.
>>
>>8219362
There are lots of others at the gym to get leaner, to build endurance, to gain strength. Not everyone is there to get big. But you can do cardio and body weight exercises on your own with no gym.

Little or no exercise + extra helpings usually means putting on fat.
>>
File: ING-granulated-sugar_sql.jpg (52KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
ING-granulated-sugar_sql.jpg
52KB, 370x370px
>>8219266
>Still got sugar in it hasn't it though

Yes, fructose is a sugar, but it's not like you're eating pure, highly processed, granulated white sugar by the spoonful.
>>
File: sagan.jpg (100KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
sagan.jpg
100KB, 1200x791px
>>8219512
>Little or no exercise + extra helpings usually means putting on fat.

Yeah I see what you mean

But anyway that was my experience with the gym, it probably didn't help that I started off going to a couple of body building gyms were these guys were basically fucking nuts

Obviously they were not chain gyms. They were independent, owned by guys who looked like they were on fucking steroids, tattooed all fucking over. The owner of the first one had a massive Rottweiler with gigantic nuts. Not kidding.

I later moved cities and went to a chain gym. But yeah, I just had the image in my head of those first two gyms I went to. The second gym was slightly nicer but still had juiced up, roided up freaks. I remember there were some guys who came in, they were probably carpenters or other manual workers of some kind. They would literally get themselves so fucking hyped up like crazy. Take their shirts off obviously, start fucking grunting and shouting and making everyone know that they weren't gonna be fucked with. Never seen such animalistic behaviour in my life to be quite honest.

As I say I later still went to the gym at a chain gym, but I always just felt fucking inadequate for not being a fucking animal. So I was trying, trying to become a fucking animal, but my day job was as a web developer, where I'm expected to be a quiet beta bitch, and the stress of those two conflicting lives really fucking got to me in the end and I quit my job (people at work were pissing me off too)

Nowadays I cycle because I used to like cycling before I got into the gym. You might call it faggy but it's a fun sport, and you've got good characters who do it like Peter Sagan (pic related). It's usually the skeleton-mode endurance cyclists who are the fags. Sprint cyclists like Chris Hoy, Mark Cavendish, Andre Greipel, Marcel Kittel, they're all pretty fucking alpha.
>>
>>8219545
Cyclists are usually fit and lean, so it's a good habit to enjoy. Your gym experience sounds so bad, I've been to 5 gyms and no one acted like that. There were groups of competition bodybuilders at 2 of them but they were quiet, serious men. Maybe work on some upper body and strength stuff on your own?

Also >>8219544 has a point and fruits have fiber and nutrients.
But some people are just happier with 2nd helpings of dinner.
>>
>>8219578

Yeah I do press ups by myself, I've really focussed on getting good form, getting them nice and deep, focussing on getting out 20 quality push ups, resting, 20 more, but as I say, quality rather than quantity, taking my time to get a proper fucking burn

I've also been trying hand stand push ups up against a wall, it's pretty hard but I've got the balance part sorted now (at least, when against the wall), it's just the strength part I need to work on

Also I've got some dumb-bells of my dad's in my room and I use them for curls sometimes, again good ones instead of shitty ones

>Also >>8219544 has a point and fruits have fiber and nutrients.

Yeah true, I probably should eat more fruit
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.