[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sushi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: excellent-sushi-3.jpg (57KB, 690x430px) Image search: [Google]
excellent-sushi-3.jpg
57KB, 690x430px
So I happen to like sushi more than the average person. I always think about it. Sadly, I also think about the weight of my wallet, who seems to lose weight faster than an anorexic person.

Do you like sushi?
Which kind of sushi do you prefer?

My favourites include the roll on the picture, aka tuna mango and avocado and I also like nearly all kinds of white fish nigiri (bream, amberjack, etc.)

Post pics if you want to
>>
Sashimi is dank, I like scallop, sweet shrimp, toro, and sea bass especially.
>>
Why not make your own? Doesn't cost that much if you go to a cheap Asian grocer.
>>
>>8218743

Op here. I do sometimes make my own actually, sadly I live in an expensive country and it usually costs more than going to a basic sushi place

here goes another pic to fuel my addiction
>>
>>8218731
>avocado
>sushi
Why does this meme exist
>>
I love shrimp tempura rolls
>>
I went to a sushi place and ended up getting one of those platter things with different shit.

One of the ones I tasted was FUCKING DISGUSTING. I wish I knew what I was so I could tell people to order it and ruin their fucking lives. I think it was flounder but not sure.
>>
>>8218762
Tastes good; a bunch of Asian people live in California so the foods blend
>>
>>8218772
Flounder is good, why would it be flounder
>>
>>8218775

My wife mentioned flounder when I ate it. I got nothing else to go off so I'm assuming that might be it. I was chewing it for like two minutes trying to man up and actually eat it instead of spitting it out and trying not to puke at the same time. Had this really weird taste.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1767x994px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1767x994px
>>8218772

Op

Never heard about flounder sushi, I guess it was some shady restaurant or maybe the cook wanted to try something else
>>
File: 1462030622315.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462030622315.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>>8218781

Well, the platter I had wasn't just regular rolled sushi.

It was really different stuff. Matter of fact I found a picture and the thing circled looked EXACTLY like the thing I"m referring to that tasted like shit.

>inb4 that's not flounder you stupid fuck

I already said I don't know what it was.
>>
>>8218788
I think that's red snapper, I also didn't like that.
>>
File: Temaki+-+Salmão.jpg (994KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Temaki+-+Salmão.jpg
994KB, 1500x1000px
>>8218788
>>8218801

Red snapper or bream yeah. White fishes aren't common to have the strongest tastes though, but I guess that fish had enough of it for you to dislike it
>>
>>8218801
>>8218809

Yeah, I really only like California rolls and that's pretty much it. Love those but don't care much for anything else. I think everything else is an acquired taste.
>>
File: chilean-fillet.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
chilean-fillet.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>8218809
>>8218812
I don't have the right words to describe the taste but it was like a watery brine. On the other hand the sea bass I had was a strong fish taste but way more palatable
>>
File: xlarge_chirashi_de_thon.jpg (53KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge_chirashi_de_thon.jpg
53KB, 400x365px
>>8218838

Op

Some fishes take a longer time to "taste good". For more than a year I've really disliked tuna and now I can't live without it. Same with scallops
>>
>>8218731
I love squid and mackerel nigiri m8, plus gunkan. I like sushi's versatility, you can make a roll out almost any ingredient.
>>
Is real wasabi different in any way to horseradish? Apparently that's all we get in uk due to high cost of importing the real stuff
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 276x183px
>>8218857

Op

Wasabi and horseradish come from the same family, but the first is a more expensive. The "wasabi" you get with your sushi is in fact radish with like 2% of true wasabi if not less and dye
>>
>>8218855

Op

Yep, I've made sushi with less common ingredients out of despair. I craved sushi so much once that I made sesame filled temakis, not the greatest but hey, it had algae and rice
>>
File: dsc_0655.jpg (4MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0655.jpg
4MB, 4608x3072px
Shrimp tempura's the real mvp for me, nothing can't even compare to this for me.... pack some avocado with it and you've got everything you need to get addicted
>>
>>8218866
But is there much difference in flavour?
>>
>>8218951

I've never had pure wasabi, and doubt anyone on here has. I rarely even eat the "wasabi" they give you with the sushi, just put a bit on tuna
>>
>>8218731
It's ok
I'll eat it once a month or so
But I never really crave it
I also get just regular tuna rolls or spicy tuna rolls.
I can't really handle the texture of the raw fish so I need the rice to mask it
>>
>>8218731
It's odd, but to date my favorite sushi was beef actually.
>>
File: 265.jpg (24KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
265.jpg
24KB, 600x429px
>>8218965

I agree, the texture of raw fish can be disorientating, it made me gag sometimes
>>
I went to Japan a few years ago to see a girl and while i was there we hit up Sushiro (one of those conveyor belt places) at least three times. The food was fucking great, lots of strange sushi varieties to try, and since you don't tip there we were only out about 12 bucks apiece at the end. All the comparable sushi ive had here is just way too damn expensive.

Wish US had places like that. Even just borrowing the conveyor belt meme and doing it with some different kind of bite sized food would be a hit.
>>
>>8219130

Op

Shame conveyor belts are rare outside of Japan. It's pretty funny that you even mention a conveyor belt cause I went to one last week, one hour and a quarter before they closed.
I enter the place, a few costumers inside, and get asked to leave cause they wouldn't make sushi anymore. But yeah the cook isn't even remotely asian and the sushi itself isn't great.
>>
>>8218778
Sounds like Tilapia, was it pale with maybe some brownish parts? Could also have been bad fish or just your tastebuds really hate a certain kind of fish.

Tilapia has all the nastiest flavors of catfish with a tough meat and none of the fat of catfish. It is NOT something that should ever be served as a sushi.
>>
>>8218731
favorite sushi is probably chu-toro followed by hamachi. I'll eat any quality from genki sushi to jiro's though, it's all good. Although the best sushi is still in Japan of course
>>
>>8218857
They say real wasabi will have a slightly sweet aftertaste.

Also, real wasabi oxidizes pretty fast like less than 30 minutes which is why people with the actual wasabi plant will only grate wasabi on the spot instead of grating it all and storing it for later.

Also, difficult to find real wasabi outside Japan because if you look at wasabi farm videos, wasabi needs access to fresh clean river water 24/7 and it is pretty difficult to monopolize a river like that in America without competing interests.
>>
>>8219130
Unfortunately, Japanese immigration to America is at an all time low so you get Korean and Chinese owners ready to give you a subpar sushi experience.

I have never been to a good conveyor belt sushi restaurant in America yet.
>>
>>8218731
Scallop and eel are the shit

The local sushi place is half off all rolls until December when our tourist season starts. It's all pretty good sushi too.
Went yesterday and got 3 rolls for $20
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.