[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best offal recipe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: beef_offal-special_l.jpg (257KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
beef_offal-special_l.jpg
257KB, 670x670px
What's the best offal recipe?
>>
>>8216889
Foie gras
>>
>>8216889
haggis
>>
File: hot-dog.jpg (422KB, 1000x808px) Image search: [Google]
hot-dog.jpg
422KB, 1000x808px
>>
kidney pie
>>
>>8216889
Korean Sundae
>>
File: chicken liver and onions.jpg (322KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
chicken liver and onions.jpg
322KB, 1024x770px
>>8216889
>>
Fried chicken gizzard with cocktail sauce
>>
>>8217069
Good
>>
>>8216889
Off yourself Recipe
Ingredients:
1.) you
2.)rope

instructions:
1.) hang yourself with rope.

the only thing i can take is pate.
>>
>>8217075
Gonna second this.
>>
>>8216889
Curried kidney.

Yet to have brain but I hear its much like marrow
>>
>>8216889
Two or three chicken livers sauteed in butter and red wine, with crushed black peppercorns.
>>
File: Tacos-de-Sesos-Mexico.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tacos-de-Sesos-Mexico.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
Brain tacos, crunchy outside, soft inside.
>>
>>8216889
Doc says no more offal :(
>>
>>8217246
It really isn't. Texture maybe, not not the flavor imo.
>>
>>8217246
>Curried kidney.
Shame you have never tasted it.

Liver and Kidneys do not curry well at all, I've tried making both, never again.
>>
I've heard that a bit of kidney in the mix makes a great hamburger.
>>
OP i'm sure all of your recipes are offal
>>
When cooking chicken hearts what are the essential things to do?

I've heard spicy marinades and high heats with short cooking times are ideal.

Any one with experience got tips to offer? I want to serve a chicken heart dish at a family gathering in December.
>>
>>8216889

is tongue and heart offal? i'm in the camp that it's muscle, therefore not organ meat, but customers digress..

i think sweetbreads are my favorite offal. poultry liver grilled med rare/made into mousse is a close second.
>>
>>8217591
Stew it dummy
>>
>>8217591

i got you, senpai.. char siu is my favorite marinade to use with hearts, but a simple olive oil/parsley/garlic/shallot marinade is a close second.

have you ever worked with hearts before? you're going to want it to be rare, so yes, cook them in a ripping hot pan with canola oil like 10 seconds, flip, ten seconds, done. 15-20 seconds is the maximum amount of time a chicken heart should be cooked
>>
sweetbreads or liver
>>
>>8217607

are you me? im >>8217594

>>8217602

die in a hole
>>
>>8217572
Steal and Kidney is a classic British combination.

In Britain it's mainly used in Pies but you can make a suet pastry and steam it - Then we call it a steak and kidney pudding.

>>8217594
>is tongue and heart offal?
I would consider it so, I've eaten pretty much every offal Item you can think of, my mother used to cook a lot of it in the 60'/70's - I don't eat so much of it now.
>>
>>8217603
Char Siu hearts sounds awesome. Seriously considering that now.

This will be my first time cooking with hearts so will do a trial run before hand. It's not gonna be a cornerstone dish, just one served amongst a bunch of other appetizer style dishes but would still like them to impress.
>>
>>8217616

do it, man.. it's great because the hoisin and sugars in the marinade caramelize really well so you get a really dope color on the outside to contrast the rare, red inside.
>>
Dirty Rice is great, make it from scratch. Sometimes I wish the whole fryers I buy had that bag o' gizzards.
>>
>>8217623
Aiming for medium rare pink but the rest sounds fantastic.
>>
>>8217649

i'm telling you, man.. you want the inside rare. the texture of overcooked heart is disgusting.

ideally you want a hard sear on the outside and barely cooked inside otherwise it's chewy/mealy and gross. like, heart is perfect for tartare because of its lack of fat the same way tenderloin is and we all know how gross tenderloin is when it's overcooked.
>>
>>8217666
Nice trips. Yeah, I understand overcooking is a sin particularly for hearts but I figured I cook could get close to a duck breast pink colour without compromising on tenderness for two picky eaters who will be there.
>>
>>8217675

satanic trips have spoken.. if they're picky, fuck them. cook the hearts rare. don't compromise your product.
>>
Probably faggots, when done properly they just kind of taste like meatloaf
>>
Hate me or not but I thing things like Cow toung, chicken feet and Bones in general are exceptional sources of Delicious.
>>
>>8217694
>>8217666
>>8217623
>>8217603
What about salmonella?
>>
>>8217746

how would salmonella be inside the meat if it was never exposed to air?
>>
Head cheese
>>
>>8217752
I'll have you know I have no idea how or why salmonella is an issue. I just "know" you need to cook chicken (well) done.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.