[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I make this crap? My egg always fucking sinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: o-POACHED-EGGS-facebook.jpg (392KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-POACHED-EGGS-facebook.jpg
392KB, 2000x1000px
How the fuck do I make this crap? My egg always fucking sinks and white always seprates.
It's rather fresh too. What the fuck am I doing wrong?
Still tasty though.
>>
File: Ljrkqs.jpg (166KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ljrkqs.jpg
166KB, 1280x800px
be gentle anon and use love
>>
vinegar in the water

crack the egg into a shot glass

make a little vortex in the water

pour the egg shot into the vortex center

use a utensil to try and keep the white cohesive

that's all i got
>>
>It's rather fresh too.

not.

enough.
>>
>>8216460
That's exactly how I do it, anon.

>>8216474
Yeah, that's probably ultimately it. Shit.
>>
>>8216477
>That's exactly how I do it, anon.

Then do it better nigga. It's all about the whirlpool.
>>
You could try the cling-film method. Place the egg in a ramekin, put plastic wrap over the top and invert it to create a little pouch.
>>
>>8216432
1. Acidulate your water. Add white vinegar until when you taste the wayer it's very obvious there's vinegar in it, although you don't want it to get puckery sour. The acid helps rapidly coagulate the proteins in the surface of your egg white, helping prevent spreading. Salt your wayer too, for flavor.
2. Don't let your water get too hot or too cold. You want it just below a simmer. Too much agitation from bubbles forming can break up your whites before they have a chance to set. Too cool and the white won't set fast enough.
4. For the same reason as above, DON'T create a vortex. It just creates pull that draws the whites out. Instead, crack your egg into a small cup or something and gently lower it into the water.

To completely eradicate any spreading from your whites, you can briefly put your cracked egg in a very fine mesh strainer. The liquidy part of the white will run through, and the thick part won't.

Bonus: how to check how fresh an egg is: submerge ut in water. Eggshells are water resistant but small amounys of air get in over time, enlarging the natural air ell at the wide end. If your egg sinks completely, its air cell is small and it's fresh. If it stands on its 'head' (wide end up), it's fine but not really fresh, and suboptimal for poaching. If it floats, you might want to toss it.
>>
>>8217120
Not poster but adding on:
Don't always need to add vinegar to the water. It might help others on keeping the whites together, but it also affects the taste. I personally don't add vinegar when I poach eggs, and they come out pretty great.

As for cooking times, it depends on your altitute and how firm you want the eggs to be. When I poach eggs, after setting the eggs in the water after it's at the point where it needs to be, i remove the heat, cover, and let the eggs cook for around 3-4 minutes. It's around that time they usually turn out nearly perfect.
>>
>>8216432
Strain the liquidy shit off the egg by cracking it into a fine mesh strainer. That's what causes your pot to look like a fucking disaster, especially with older eggs. You only want the firm whites.

If you do this, then I absolutely promise you your eggs will turn out perfect so long as you cook them right. The vinegar + swiling method doesn't do a lot for me.
>>
>>8217207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIKkzRQOkdw

here I found a video
>>
>>8216432
Just make sure you are using the freshest eggs possible, when the eggs get older they whites begin to breakdown, so the newer the egg the firmer and more together the whites will be.
>>8217150
I agree with you anon i never add vinegar i just use fresh eggs and a very low temperature.
>>
>>8216432
put eggs in shell in cold water
add 1 tbsp white vinegar
bring water to a rolling boil
prepare a bowl of ice water
remove pot from heat
let stand 5 minutes
put eggs into ice water for 30s
peel shells
cut eggs in half
serve over toast
>>
>>
>>8217436
OP is talking about poached eggs, not soft boiled.
>>
>>8217892
>boiling your food in plastic
Shiggy
>>
>>8216432
Julia's method: Do it in a frying pan. Put about a 1/4" of water in it, a tsp of vinegar (if you must), bring to a simmer, baste egg(s) with water. Ezpz.
>>
File: ChrisBenoit.jpg (7KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisBenoit.jpg
7KB, 200x250px
>>8217892
don't do this
>>
Easier way:

Make a soft boiled egg.

It's better.
>>
If you want a cheapo but effective way you can crack an egg in a small bowl full of water and microwave that for a minute.
>>
>>8216460
My method, except with a ramekin instead of a shotglass. Some say vinegar on the egg in the ramekin, but that didn't work for me.

Another thing I tried, to some success, was lining the bottom of a broad pan with ramekins, filling with water (couple splashes of vinegar) and boiling, then crack eggs into ramekins. It worked, but it was a bit pointless. They were more difficult to retrieve.
>>
>>8217892
Fuck these things. Don't be mislead!
>>
>>8216432
I find poached eggs easier than scrambled and definitely easier than sunny side up. Its just timing
>>
>>8219857
>easier than scrambled
Literally how? I can make scrambled eggs in like 20 seconds and be done with it.
>>
>>8216432

http://www.fusionbrands.com/products/poachpod
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.