[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 62

Post your favorite vegan meals here.

Mine: http://theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/
>>
File: DSC_0029.jpg (203KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0029.jpg
203KB, 1600x1071px
>>
>>8215357
When I first saw this I started to roll my eyes thinking it was a carnist troll posting meat, lol.
>>
>>8215357
>Radical Reuben
That looks really good.
>>
File: 20140708_025404.jpg (807KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20140708_025404.jpg
807KB, 2048x1152px
>>8215369
You mean like this?
Octopus tentacles, severed fresh from a live one.
They were still wriggling on the plate.
>>
>>8215378
Can't tell if you're a vegan mocking a meat eater or actually a meat eater to be honest.
>>
>>8215385
A meat eater.
The tentacles weren't very good. Bland and really chewy.
>>
>>8215389
I'm sorry to hear that.
About both things.
>>
>>8215372
It is.
I'm not even vegan, but I have a bunch of vegan friends who rave about the place. Finally tried it, and it was indeed one of the most memorable sandwiches I've had. Better than any real reuben even. I think the secret is actually the vegan cheese. Adds a great sweet tang along with the dressing and onions and avoids making the whole thing overly oily.
>>
>>8215400
If you ever get a chance to try Native Foods, you'll have a similar experience. Best burger I've had in all my life. The Oklahoma (vegan) Bacon Cheeseburger is made with seitan, vegan cheese, vegan bacon, fried pickles - it's amazing.
>>
>>8215415
Will do.
>>
How do you guys feel about lab grown meat?

From an ethical standpoint you should have no problem eating it since it didn't come from an animal.
>>
>>8215344
Wow they found a way to make frozen food even more artificial
>>
>>8215660
I'm all for it, as long as it's at least remotely environmentally friendly. I haven't been a vegan for long and I still remember the taste of delicious meat and would love to eat it again from time to time.
>>
>>8215744
This is actually probably the healthiest and most natural microwavable food that exists...
>>
>>8215344

>like "vegan" is a thing
>>
>>8216379
Huh?
>>
>>8215660
I have no issue with it.

My big concern is the kind of culture wars we'll see when it becomes widespread and very affordable.

People will be discouraged from eating non-synthetic meat due to the ethical alternative, and farmers/rural people/"naturalists" might think synthetic meat is evil and ungodly or something, meanwhile everyone else thinks the "live meat" eaters are evil, and then you have civil war.
>>
>>8215344
Not veg but I had this the other day and it was great.

The green tamale also good.
>>
>>8216454
......or we'd just ban animal products and they'd cry but largely be ignored by civilized society and wouldn't be able to do anything significant.
>>
>>8216469
Yeah, that's probably what will actually happen. Eventually.
>>
>>8216463
I have to be in the right mood for it, and I have had an off batch. But when I'm in the mood for it it's really good. It's a tad on the oily side so that's why I have to be in the mood for it. My meat eating roommate LOVES it. I'm more likely to eat the enchilada meal or the gluten free dairy free bean burritos, or when I feel like really spoiling myself their vegan mac 'n' cheese is the best mac 'n' cheese ever. It's like 5 dollars for some reason though which is upsetting but honestly if you have the money it's totally worth it.
>>
>>8216469
Damn vegans are deluded.
I understand your naive viewpoint for what it is but you truly don't understand that all human prosperity has the by product of the suffering of others.
Eat what you want, I don't really care.if you.think your.a god among men. Just realize.your lifestyle isn't free of suffering just because you choose to eat substitutes.
>>
If plants are discovered to feel pain, would you stop eating plants?
>>
>>8216527
Obviously there is some suffering inherent to living at all, especially living in a modern society.

But vegans/vegetarians believe that most animals are sentient, and that killing or hurting them is wrong, period. There are already plenty of meat substitutes out there. Most of them don't taste as good as real meat yet, but they're more than enough to sustain a healthy human diet.

A vegan would argue that the suffering inflicted by the meat industry is bad enough to completely avoid ever touching meat.

I think it comes down to a philosophical question. How much life worth and consciousness do you attribute to animals? If it's not much, then of course eating meat won't make you feel very bad. If it's as much as humans, then eating meat will feel diabolical. Most people are somewhere in the middle. Science will probably have clearer answers to these questions in the future, but everything I've read so far makes me think that vertebrate animals are similar enough to humans that they experience most of the same kinds of thoughts, emotions, short-term goals, and experience of pleasure and pain that humans do.
>>
>>8216540
Yes, I would, assuming a full subjective percetion of pain. I believe it's unlikely that any plants have that capability, though.
>>
>>8216540
If plants were discovered to feel pain, a vegan diet would still cause the least suffering. Animals eat. So it's an irrelevant question really. It's so unlikely that you could say it's impossible, for them to feel pain. The people who exaggerate those studies are ridiculous. The scientists themselves acknowledge this. But clickbait logic prevails.
>>
>>8216573
Gardein tastes better than meat in my opinion and in many meat eaters opinions. Seitan can also be awesome.

I find it so bizarre that someone could think animal flesh could taste better than Gardein that I think it's just an objective fact that it tastes better than animal flesh. But I guuueeeesss there might be some strange people who actually prefer animal flesh. As I say that though I'm shaking my head thinking they couldn't possibly really exist.
>>
>>8215344
i love her pizzas and the tofu scramble
shame about the cost of vegan foods in general though
>>
>>8216954
Yeah, we need more cheap vegan foods. I mean there are a fucking ton of cheap vegan foods. I ought to take photos of all the cheap vegan food I bring home after grocery trips. People would be amazed at all the cheap junk food and convenience foods I'm able to find that are vegan.

I was kinda pissed earlier today. I went to Whole Foods thinking I'd get lunch and something sweet, maybe some vegan alcohol. Well they had a poor selection of alcohol in my opinion and then the only vegan pizza they had was this pineapple barbecue tempeh pizza and I just wasn't into that. Looked at their food bar and they had vegan food dispersed between animal products and so I wasn't into that - their vegan options didn't even look very good anyway. And then they got rid of two of my favorite vegan products they had - vegan ravioli and Twilight bars. So I'm like what the fuck - they're getting rid of the best vegan food and the prices are terrible. So I went to Target after and got the cheap essentials. They sell Just cookie dough there now. It's only $2.50 for a jar that makes a ton of delicious cookies. Anyway. Yeah I'm starting to have an attitude where I expect stores to have good vegan options and getting mad when they don't. Like I've been vegan 7 years now, they've had plenty of time to get with it. Jackasses.

I long for the day the food industry learns how to cook vegan food as well as I do. A lot of businesses just totally don't even half ass it, and that's why people think vegan food doesn't taste good. Because a lot of the shit they sell as an option for vegans IS shit. They weren't even fucking trying.

But yeah I love Amy's vegan margherita pizza and tofu scramble too.
>>
>>8215660

Are they using self renewable stem cells or are they consistently taking the organic material from living animals?

Are the cells being produced in bovine fetal serum are we using plant based alternatives?

Veganism is about reducing the harm and suffering we cause towards sentient beings to the best of our abilities, so in that sense lab grown meat is pretty sweet if the above conditions are being met.

Personally I am realizing however that the longer I remain vegan the less I long for meat. I still crave the occasional pizza but there are times where even the thought of consuming any kind of flesh repulses me.

Meat is bad for you anyways, at least the kind I considered tasty.
>>
File: 1438410009048.gif (2MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438410009048.gif
2MB, 420x300px
>>8216527
are you that anaracho-primitivist from a thread a couple weeks ago?

if so, it is possible to create a society virtually free of animal suffering but we must minimize it as much as possible until we reach that point

even if industrial society is inherently unethical why aren't you trying to minimize what's your excuse for actively causing more suffering than is needed?

and if you have such a problem with industrialization what are you doing on the internet on your computer?

you are a coward, you hide behind your cynical intellectualizations of society to avoid confronting your own unethical actions
>>
Can you still be a vegan if you eat dairy products and eat unfertilized eggs?
>>
>>8217107
I've never met someone I resonated with so much. I want to be your friend.
>>
>>8215660
I think its great I would have no ethical qualm eating it
I probably wouldn't eat it or atleast very rarely
I can't believe I ever liked meat it really is disgusting

but I think the better outcome of this wouldn't be for vegans to be able to eat but rather if those people who "could never give up meat" and who have no intention to give it up were to switch to that as opposed to the current form of meat consumption
>>
>>8217118
Nope. Why would you want to be anyway? That shit's nastay.
>>
Every week, I make a bean and veggie mix in a slow cooker, and it's usually pretty good.

Black beans, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, green pepper, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and some veggie broth. Pretty tasty over rice and/or spinach.
>>
File: two kinds of vegans.jpg (72KB, 750x871px) Image search: [Google]
two kinds of vegans.jpg
72KB, 750x871px
>>8217127
< I'm the second kind.

It is really bizarre to me that I used to eat meat too. I try to block it from my mind honestly, the thought is so nauseating. I remember forcing myself to eat it - and the veins, the slime, the gristle, the fat, the tendons, the bone, the "juice", that tissue that covers a chicken breast, connective tissue, all of it is so fucking nasty.

And I have serious problems with the smell of animal products now that I've been vegan for 7 years. It's definitely the hardest part of being vegan for me. I wish I had no sense of smell because I'm frequently bombarded with the smell of cooked flesh and animal secretions and it smells as nasty as it sounds. This man in my class often brings hot meals with him and eats during class and it's gotten to the point I'm legit pissed at him for it. I can't breathe properly, I can't focus in class. Tonight I finally decided to move as far away from his as I could. I hope he gets the fucking point. People who bring hot food to class are rude to begin with, but the smell of animal products literally makes me physically sick. Next class period I'm sitting as far away from his as possible but I really feel like complaining about it because I'd be better able to focus if someone was slapping me every minute.
>>
>>8215378
that is some very convincing tofurky octopus.
>>
File: watchmen-button.jpg (122KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-button.jpg
122KB, 1000x500px
I genuinely hate every single vegan with every fiber of my being. Every single one of you I've met in real life and tried to be a decent person to had been an absolute piece of shit. Without fail. And you talk just like them. It's the exact same cult behavior that reinforces my belief you all live to complain and play the victim, just like SJWs.

I've tried to be kind and considerate, I've made vegan dishes aside regular for "friends" who were vegan, and got nothing but complaints because I was "singling them out", and the only acceptable solution to them was to force everyone to eat vegan. So we kindly asked them to leave, and they proceeded to shit all over us on social media claiming we were vegan haters and a bunch of other bullshit.

Thankfully we weren't the only people they'd done this to, and we were much better established in our community than they, and known for our kindness and generosity, so it backfired.

Another time we went to a vegan friend of a friend's house and the entire time the vegan host and his vegan friends constantly, and I mean constantly, badgered those who weren't vegan to give vegetarianism a try or guilt tripped them about how they were killing poor innocent animals, basically a fucked up group intervention.

I've learned my lesson. Vegans are insane cultists who thrive on stirring shit thanks to their massively inflated egos, victim complexes, and unwarrented self-importance, and should be avoided or shunned at all costs.

Vegans, more than any other subset of humans, are the least acceptable type of people acceptable in civilized society. Not because of what they eat, but because of the absolutely atrocious way they conduct themselves in public and private.
>>
>most vegan restaurants near me just put a bunch of sides with no cohesion onto a plate and call it an entree
>most vegans at these shitty restaurants are hipsters pretending the food is amazing
Being a vegan must suck.
>>
File: victim complex.jpg (37KB, 783x521px) Image search: [Google]
victim complex.jpg
37KB, 783x521px
>>8217198
TL;DR:
Wahhh, WAHHHHH, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Likely made up, misinterpreted, and/or exaggerated anecdote about a couple of vegans who gave him an absolutely illogical excuse to be an utter scumbag and not only fund the most destructive industry on the planet, but actually actively defend funding it. WAHHHHHHHHHH, wahhhhhhh, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>8217162
>>8217198
autism
>>
>>8217225
No you're just conditioned to not realize how fucking nasty what you eat is. You'd have similar thoughts if you weren't still eating it. The smell is really putrid.
>>
>>8217223
>vegans are so rude so often they wear it as a badge of pride and make image macros about it
>wonder why no one likes them and think it's because of what they eat
>>
>>8217198
There is no greater circle-jerk, than a vegan circle-jerk.
>>
>>8217198
Eh, don't hate crazy people. It drags you down. I've never met one who was actually a good person, either. They can be pretty nasty. It's like a cult without a messiah or any sense of benevolence towards themselves or others. Ick. Lotta fear, suppressed rage and self-loathing in there. Definitely not the future of humanity. Avoid.
>>
>>8217221
Only temporarily. I'm confident we'll have a primarily vegan economy fairly soon - I'm thinking another ten or twenty years at most before the majority of food sold is vegan.

Restaurants can be an issue, unless you're okay with Taco Bell and Chipotle and places like that. Personally, I'm not because I have a legit phobia of contamination, so I only eat at restaurants if they're vegan, and I have none near me so...yeah it does suck in that respect. Los Angeles has some awesome vegan restaurants though the rare time I'm able to make it over there.

I'm an expert at finding and creating good vegan food from grocery stores though so I'm content. Veganism is very easy if you're a good cook. Takes some time to fully adjust if you aren't, but once you get the hang of it it's easy even if you don't cook at all.
>>
>>8217198
those people aren't vegans. They're hipster plant apologists. Its about the effect, not the cause to them. They don't give a fuck about meat on an individual level. They simply watch videos and spout know it all seen it all fallacies. Its a subversion to a reality that allows them to be hyper control freaks and live out in this intangible reality that would be impossible in any other situation. Fuck'em. Don't try to reason with them, don't argue with them. Because they are defeatist, the only way to win is not to play at all.
>>
>>8217292
Dude, don't even address that wacko. He's like a toddler crying because his parents explained to him why he shouldn't bite his sister. Don't legitimize his bullshit please.
>>
>>8217230
I went through about a 2 year and some change period of my life were I could not physically eat meat. The texture alone set my gag reflex into overdrive.

And I have no fucking clue how someone comes to believe what you're saying.
>>
>>8215660
I'll probably start eating it when it becomes widespread and affordable, until then I'll stick to my normal vegan diet
>>
>>8215344
Post pictures of Amy.
I'm still kind of "up in the air" about her food. I need photos.
>>
>>8217221
only when you don't know what to eat, this is why I prefer to eat at home because yes most "vegan" restaurants are just a collections of side dishes with the dissonance of a fucking 1 year old
>>
File: IMG_3083.jpg (73KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3083.jpg
73KB, 750x1334px
>come to cooking board figuring they'd have a vegan thread
>see this and get excited
>get through the thread and it has some arguments, as i expected
but no one's staying on topic
guys, just ignore the cunts and lets have fun.
is there a regular vegan thread here? and are they all like this or no?

anyway, i made some vegan cheese for the first time recently. pic related
nacho cheese made of potatoes and carrots, pretty fuckin good dude. made it twice now.
>>
>>8217379
Mmmm. And whoa @ it being made from potatoes and carrots. That actually sounds like something I have to try.
>>
>>8217384
yeah man, you should
my niece said it tasted like normal cheese and my mom loved it. 2bad tho bc i wanted it all for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUH3ttCnnGU
here's the vid if you do try it. the written recipe is in the description also
>>
>>8217392
Thanks. I totally need to do this.
>>
>>8215344

Amy's Broccoli Cheese melts are stupidly good. But that isn't vegan
>>
Any recs for a nut milk that is truly not sweet? Even the "unsweetened" varieties of milks at my store are pretty sweet which is noticeable when I use them for savory things like mac and cheese.
>>
>>8217379
Looks pretty good but I have to say it.

Looks like melted craft singles, not cheese.
>>
>>8217424
it looks like velveeta/ nacho cheese
>>
>>8217419
Are you buying vanilla flavored unsweetened nut milks? If so, don't do that.

I personally think cashew, soy, and almond milk are the superior nut milks.

However, I guess you could give rice, hemp or sunflower seed milks a try.

I've made the mistake of adding the sweetened or vanilla flavored unsweetened vegan milks to things like mac and cheese but managed to salvage it somewhat by adding more salt, and things like pepper, to make it more savory. That works best when you accidentally use the vanilla unsweetened flavors though.
>>
yeah i noticed that too
but normal non vegan cheese also looks that way once its cooled down. and this vegan cheese cools down kind of quickly once you pour it on. it looks more like a cheese that's been sitting there for little while, although it'd only been about 4 mins since i poured it on the chips
>>
>>8217469
meant to reply to >>8217424
>>
Fuck your religion.
>>
Veganism is funny because it's relatively new. Only in the past hundred or so years has there been enough available vegetables and supplements to allow mentally ill people to live in the fantasy world of The Religion of Veganism, yet they act like it's somehow completely natural and if only we would all drop evil corporations then the earth would be covered in some kind of peace, love and harmony because somehow all of history isn't fraught with humans fighting and killing predators to survive.
>>
>>8217107
"Ethics". They're only important to you, not to anything or anyone else in the entire universe. Your imagined "being mean to animals is intrinsically wrong" idea is not indicative of reality, so don't try to encourage others to accept it and apply it in their lives.
>>
>>8217198
You're a total dumbass. But I do agree with you that veganism is a crazy cult. But whatever, let people have their strange moral compunctions, as long as they aren't thrusting it on me.

I do worry about the threat that groups like these present to civilization when they gain popularity, though. But the Trump crowd and the SJWs are around, and my vegan friends are pretty sane generally. I'm going to prioritize my rages. There aren't enough vegans to threaten civilization, and I have no problem with people developing better and more creative ways of feeding themselves using non-animal products.
>>
>>8217643
Non-vegans literally threaten civilization. Your post is pure cringe because it's obvious you hold these opinions purely out of weakness.
>>
>>8217647
Non-vegans invented civilization. Your myopia is fucking astounding.
>>
>>8217653
Humans will go extinct if we continue eating animal products. Stop trying to pretend thousand year old behaviors that happened to exist can't also cause the destruction of civilization and our world. I'm too tired right now to even explain the severity of stupidity you just exemplified. I'm dumbfounded.
>>
As someone who loves vegetables and vegetable dishes... vegan food threads are pathetic because their favourite "foods" are a branded product.

Even homemade substitutes are a waste of time. 2 tablespoons of carrot and potato sauce? Not cheese. Has no properties or flavours of cheese. Is not expertly preserved, densely nutritious or a source of energy.

Most delicious vegan foods are either zero calorie, deep fried, quickly sickening, mostly sugar or otherwise unhealthy.

If you want to eat a kilo of pasta a day covered in barbecue sauce along with bread topped with sugary peanut butter (a vegan I know)... it's your life. But I'd ask you to stop posting online about the benefits of green leaves and legumes.

I was a vegan for 2 months and it's basically untenable if you like actual food.
>>
>>8217681
You're an idiot on so many levels it would take an entire year to fully explain.
>>
>>8217688
I would absolutely love to have you try and explain. What did I say that was wrong?
>>
>>8217688
Then why haven't you fucking started? Stop wasting my time fava bean ass bitch.
>>
As someone who grew up in an entirely agricultural part of the US, I can say the plant side of agriculture makes way more waste than the animal side does. Not directly, however. I know that pig/cow/chicken shit is a big factor in pollution, but so are the packaging and fertilizer industries. They hold just as much accountability for the destruction of the environment as the meat industry does, and kill just as many animals. Rabbits, turtles, mice, moles, foxes, raccoons and dozens of other species are all victims of agricultural murder in order to make growing fields the states. Also; a cow can never be a lawyer or an actor or a doctor. All a cow will ever be whether you kill it or not is a cow. It will live relatively the same life as it would if it wasn't going to be eaten.
And besides, why do you want to promote over population anyways? We could stand to actually lose a few billion people if we want to have a sustainable planet. It's not like there are millions of farm animals because they just appeared; they're here because we had a demand for them. And if we just stopped eating animals all together, we would still have to kill all of those animals anyways because now they're just income waste.

Veganism is a cute attempt to solve a much larger problem. I understand the need for better green farming practices and more sustainable food sourcing, but thinking everything is fixable if you don't eat meat is ridiculous. There's a reason China and Japan don't advocate it even with their vastly different understanding of nutrition and diet. They're some of the more healthy people on the planet, yet they still don't see the use of vegan diets.
>>
>>8217719
Yet another post that would take a year to fully explain how idiotic and false it is. 4chan is fucking cancer. Goodnight.
>>
>>8217730
Ex-vegan again here...

I know what you want to say is that more vegetables need to be grown to feed the animals that you eat than would need to be feed to humans. Was that so hard? It's a point that has merit but very weak merit in my country where the animals are entirely sustained on the land here. In fact, hay and feed are stored for the animals in the winter because no food will grow (for humans OR animals).
>>
>>8217562
But most people actually do accept it. Go to /b/, open a rekt thread and wait for shoveldog to be posted, and you'll see the outrage. People generally hate it when animals are abused or mistreated for no reason.

Of course there'll always be edgemeisters such as yourself that will (maybe truthfully) claim to enjoy watching animals suffering etc. But most people don't like it at all and consider it wrong.
>>
>>8217770
Are you sure most of your country's meat and dairy production comes from such sustainable practices?

I'm asking because if you take a walk in the countryside in my country, you might think the same. However, the cows you see grazing outside represent a tiny percentage of the cattle raised for meat and dairy, and most of the production still goes on at factory farms.
>>
>>8217833
>>8217770
And nobody will know, because "my country" isn't a real place.
>>
>>8217292
>those people aren't vegans

Veganism is a religion of peace.
>>
File: 1403844803744.jpg (13KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1403844803744.jpg
13KB, 222x216px
>>8217562
>Ethics". They're only important to you, not to anything or anyone else in the entire universe. Your imagined "being mean to animals is intrinsically wrong" idea is not indicative of reality, so don't try to encourage others to accept it and apply it in their lives.

holy fuck look at your post
not only is this absolutely but I guarantee you would never practice would you are preaching irl

I get it that 4chan is a place where you can be an edgy teenager all over again but jesus christ look at the bullshit you wrote

come back when you are over 18
>>
>>8217260
>Los Angeles has some awesome vegan restaurants
Really? I'm >>8217221 and I live in LA but can't find them. My brother and his wife are vegan so every time they come out here I'm looking for good vegan restaurants. After trying like 10 different ones I've had no luck.
>>
>>8218265
>I guarantee you would never practice would you are preaching irl

Given that all he has to do to practice what he preaches is eat some BBQ, I have no idea why you'd say this.
>>
>>8218286
I was talking more about say that ethics don't matter.

Maybe they were trying to say that ones ethics are only important to oneself, but I don't think they would practice this idea if someone acted unethically towards them
>>
>>8218268

Native Foods Cafe, By Chloe, Doomies, Cruzer's Pizza, The Vegan Joint. And there were two more I tried when I first went vegan but I completely forget what the one that had really good mac 'n' cheeze was called. It was filled to the brim with hipsters and had a raw ice cream place inside of it. Totally forget but I had never seen so many hipsters in one place honestly. I don't judge hipsters though unless they're the kind of shit hipsters who claim ethics don't matter or bacon is god and such cancerous bullshit, so I'm not saying this in a negative way.

I haven't actually tried Doomie's yet sadly but the others I have and they were delicious. Doomie's just seems like it's amazing so I had to mention it.
>>
>>8217770
That was just one of the many flaws in your post.
1. No, you can't say that plant agriculture makes more waste than animal agriculture, just because you live near farms. You're a moron. I have studies, you have crazy fucking assumptions, or you're just a shill shamelessly lying. I live in the same country as you and the facts very fucking obviously disprove your claim.
2. There is pollution involved even if the animals really did survive solely off the land. And I hope you realize that would be an infinitesimally small amount of animals who are raised that way, and their products reach an infinitesimally small amount of people, and there are still a huge amount of flaws with consuming their products that would take a year to fully get into alone.
3. I see no value to your life, but I'm sure you do. Most people won't kill you because you hold value to your life, not the other way around.
4. I don't want to promote overpopulation you fucking genius, we're already overpopulated and this is the only logical way to deal with that fact.
5. You don't destroy the entire fucking planet because you want to kill a few billion people. The people who survive would have absolutely miserable lives. Your logic is fucking cancer.
6. The world isn't going to go vegan overnight and if it did I'm sure those vegans would love to care for those animals til the end of their days.
7. They're not just income waste, they're living creatures who feel and experience life similar to children.
8. Veganism is the only logical solution to a long list of problems.
9. Even China now is trying to cut its meat consumption in half. Everything you fucking say is filled with misinformation, simple ignorance, smugness, and blatant lies.
10. They're not as healthy anymore, and the ones who were ate a primarily vegan diet. You are fucking shameless.

Please don't bother responding to this unless you want to ask for sources. I don't have the time or patience to deal with anymore of your shit.
>>
File: 1477328717785.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477328717785.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>vegans get sick looking at this
How's it feel to be deficient human beings?
>>
>>8219771
Pretty fucking great in general. How's it feel to be an absolute degenerate whose health is going to suffer greatly later in life due to their idiocy?
>>
>>8215344
Unfortunately miso soup isn't much of a meal.
>>
>>8219800
Fucking awesome m8. Least I won't be a weak pathetic example of a human being
>>
>>8219814
Come say that to my face, maggot.
>>
>>8219819
I would but I'm afraid you'd break just looking at you.
>>
>>8219761
>3. I see no value to your life, but I'm sure you do. Most people won't kill you because you hold value to your life, not the other way around.
Christ, this fucking argument. Essentially leads to the conclusion that a human life is equal to a rat's.
>>
>>8215344
Kys
>>
>>8215415
Holy fuck someone else knows about Native Foods, their buffalo chicken fingers are better than most real chicken wings I've tried. Their scorpion burger is amazing too
>>
>>8220113
Ugh I wish I lived closer to a Native Foods. I'd be eating there every day.
>>
File: vegan ravioli.jpg (95KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
vegan ravioli.jpg
95KB, 540x360px
>>8215344
http://www.reciperighter.com/homemade-vegan-ravioli/
>>
she also have a lot of salads
youtube.com/watch?v=jKzH0uaO3a8
>>
>>8220464
link isnt working for me
>>
>>8219761 that was not my post, these ones were:
>>8217681
>>8217696
>>8217770
I'm in the UK. Do you have any sources showing that animal rearing is unsustainably polluting here? Remember that carbon dioxide and methane are not true pollutants - they are part of the carbon cycle and are necessary for life on Earth.
Do you have any sources describing the location and nature of factory farms here? Most of the animal products I eat are sourced from a 30 mile radius of where I live so I'm really interested in those locations.
Do you have any sources stating what percentage of cattle graze in the field vs never see the outdoors in the uk? I'm not expecting a good answer on this since you think it's immeasurably small ("infinitesimal" i.e. much less than 1%).
The rest of those points have nothing to do with me but I do agree the world is overpopulated and I have no solutions for it.
>>
Sambar curry for me. But other dishes that were not veganised but were always vegan tend to be a whole lot better then all that veganised crap.
>>
>>8221048
>Remember that carbon dioxide and methane are not true pollutants
so you're just a climate change denier?
>>
>>8221308
lmao. I stopped reading when they said that honestly. The amount of stupidity is just too much for me at the moment.
>>
File: hfgh.png (357KB, 465x575px) Image search: [Google]
hfgh.png
357KB, 465x575px
i am a 100% health benefits raw vegan

the pigs and the animals being slaughtered had no bearing whatsoever in my decision or my thinking

if you eat cooked carbs like pasta, whole wheat, bread, rice, potatoes, toxic soy youre still eating unhealthy youre not really a vegan

and you give the healthy diet lifestyle a bad name as if its a political movement to save animals and not to eat healthy and save PEOPLE
>>
>>8221604
Is this a troll? Jesus fucking Christ. I won't go so far as to say you give vegans a bad name, because there are a lot of dipshits out there like you and I think it's great there are dipshit vegans out there who can relate to them, because I sure as fuck wouldn't be able to. So thank you for your service to the cause.

It is also a political movement to save animals. It's basically a save everything cause. But your pseudoscience diet beliefs are hardly helping any cause. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with a raw vegan diet, but claiming those foods you listed are unhealthy makes it obvious you get your information from blogs.

Good for you though, it must take a lot of discipline being a raw vegan. I love cooked food too much and I know it's not the only way to be healthy so I never put the effort into it.

One suggestion though, stop looking down on people over trivial shit. THAT's what gives veganism a bad name. Looking down on people who knowingly fund extreme animal abuse, that makes sense, what you're doing is just pure smug nonsense.
>>
http://www.naturalgirlmodernworld.com/home/veggie-pot-pies-with-crispy-potatoes
>>
>>8221623
>Looking down on people who knowingly fund extreme animal abuse, that makes sense

I'd say that you and him both make veganism look bad, but veganism didn't need anyone's help to look bad.
>>
>>8217237
Actually it's more that meat eaters whine about us simply sharing information with them and call us rude for making them aware. Meat eaters have the most ridiculous victim complexes - going vegan is actually one of the most mind blowing lessons in psychology.
>>
>>8221852
Or maybe people like you will look for faults in anyone who is vegan because you're too weak to accept reality in general.
>>
File: vegan pancake tacos.jpg (214KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
vegan pancake tacos.jpg
214KB, 540x810px
http://zuckerundjagdwurst.com/taco-tuesday-15-suesse-pancake-tacos/?lang=en
>>
>>8221873
>you will look for faults in anyone who is vegan

You're vegan. That's enough faults for one guy, I don't need to go digging.
>>
>>
File: vegan guacamole quesadillas.jpg (202KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
vegan guacamole quesadillas.jpg
202KB, 700x933px
http://www.connoisseurusveg.com/loaded-avocado-quesadillas/
>>
>>8215415
>>8215357

If a vegan diet is "so much better" then why are all of their best dishes just trying to replicate foods that typically include meat?
>>
>>8221308
>>8221597
Man made contributions to greenhouse gases are caused by releasing 100 thousand year old stores of carbon compounds into gas form, no? Through burning petroleum, yes?

So say mankind grew 10 tonnes of corn last year. The carbon that makes up the plant matter came from the atmosphere didn't it? Now say this year mankind wants to feed that corn to its 10 cows. Between the cow farts and other methods of decomposition of the corn plants... is there going to be a greater mass of carbon compounds realised into the atmosphere than the corn absorbed in the process of growing? Where is the net addition of carbon compounds?

What do you think has been happening to the methane and carbon dioxide that bacteria and animals have been exhaling and farting for the previous hundreds of millions of years? It's called a carbon cycle for a reason.

If you genuinely think methane and carbon dioxide are pollutants in the real sense of the word then you would have to accept that the ecosystem on earth has been "polluting" since before dinosaurs walked the earth.

By the way if you were a plant right now you would be telling each other how growing is immoral because it pollutes the planet with oxygen and depleates it of vital carbon dioxide.
>>
Simple, satisfying.

http://www.simple-veganista.com/2015/09/southwestern-salad-hatch-chile-cashew-dressing.html
>>
>>8221925
Here you go, dummy: http://www.fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.HTM
>>
File: vegan deep dish masa echo park.jpg (116KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
vegan deep dish masa echo park.jpg
116KB, 900x960px
>>
>>8222016
'gan 'go 'za best 'za
>>
I Like taking vegan recipes and or precooked foods and adding meat and butter to them.
Made a bomb split pea barley soup that i made way better by adding beer (isinglass, niggas. vegans can't drink most ale.) , bacon, and a dollop of butter on top of my bowl of it. fuckin incredible.
On an odd note the flavor packet of spices that had come with it tasted and smelled almost exactly like chicken ramen packets...
>>
>>8222100
Vegan recipes are just regular recipes with the delicious parts removed anyway.
>>
File: 20160925_110619.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_110619.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Definitely buffalo cauliflower wings. They take forever to make, but they're worth it.

>>8219771
You remind me of my coworker who wouldn't stop talking about meat once she found out I was vegan. Her constantly asking in faux concern if I was "offended or upset" was more annoying than the conversation topic.

I might be a vegan, but I can cook a steak better than most meat eaters, and often DO whenever my friends and I are having a party or something.
>>
>>8221604

Congrats, want a cookie? Oh wait.

You're not vegan. You're a snoz who follows a plant based diet, which makes a less of a cunt than most but still a cunt regardless.
>>
After reading the comments here...
meat eaters need to be exterminated honestly.

The best cancer fighting diet stands no chance against these degenerates.
>>
>>8217681
show us your sweaty manboobs, you whiney, energydense faggot!
>>
>>8221923
If Mirrors Are Real, How Come My Eyes Can't See Them.
>>
>>8215415
>Vegan Cheese Burger
>Contains neither cheese nor burger
fucking vegans
>>
>>8215344
Is this from Amy's Baking Company?
>>
>>8222528
Amy's Kitchen: http://www.amys.com/
>>
>>8215660
That would take away the fact that I also don't eat meat because one of the reasons for that is for health reasons.
>>
>>8221604
i see you still dont have a life tinny
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I just made my first tofu scramble from this recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/southwest-tofu-scramble/

Added some spinach and used some white wine when cooking the onions and peppers but it came out pretty good. I have to make tofu scrambles more often.
>>
I'm still soooo confused why veganism/vegetarianism triggers people on 4chan so badly.
It's up there with white girls like black guys trolling.
>>
>>8222903
Veganism/vegetarianism triggers literally everyone and that includes normies
>>
>>8215344
Shame these are so expensive.
>>
>>8222882
I love tofu scramble. Amy's makes a really good one too, with hash browns on the side.

My favorite accidental tofu scramble I created from leftover filling for my vegan spanakopitas on Thanksgiving. The spanakopitas as a whole turned out horrible - didn't like the way the dough turned out - way too flaky and dry and bland - would have tried using it a different way next time. But the filling was bomb as fuck. Served it with some Trader Joe's stuffed vegan turk'y and it was amazing, flavors worked well with the gravy too.

On a side note, I'm never having Thanksgiving with meat eaters again. I'm trying to think of a way to get out of it this year. I'd rather go to Los Angeles with a friend and try out a bunch of vegan restaurants, only problem is I have no friends. It would be kind of weird if I just went by myself, and would make it obvious I'm just doing it to get out of spending Thanksgiving with them. IDK if I care though - they know the smell nauseates me and I hate even looking at animal products so I'm sure they wouldn't expect me to be there for it.
>>
File: pat.jpg (17KB, 216x245px) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
17KB, 216x245px
>>8223448
>the smell nauseates me
>I hate even looking at animal products
>I'm never having Thanksgiving with meat eaters again
>I have no friends
>>
>>8223534
I can only truly be friends with vegans and there just are none near me. I have a ton of acquaintances and people who say they're my friends online but I don't know them IRL and most of them are meat eaters too so deep down they disgust me to be totally honest.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (70KB, 292x425px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
70KB, 292x425px
>people actively go out of their way to avoid meat
>people dedicate so much time and energy into avoiding meat that they embrace it as a label
>people go so far to avoid meat that they attempt to imitate it in both look and taste
>people down multiple vitamin supplements daily to replace the nutrition they lose from avoiding meat
>people think avoiding meat makes them better than everyone else

This is what happens when you let your kids remain picky eaters. They take it to the logical extreme and throw a fit whenever someone enjoys what they dislike.
Literally a bunch of children.
>>
>>8223448
>I'm never having Thanksgiving with meat eaters again
>I'm trying to think of a way to get out of it this year
>only problem is I have no friends
>they know the smell nauseates me
>I'm sure they wouldn't expect me to be there for it

So you made a (poor) personal choice and are trying to play the victim card because other people didn't change their lives to suit you?

>vegan
Makes sense.

Just don't go. Stay at home and down a bottle of wine before complaining on tumblr that the family you don't want to see doesn't want to see you.
>>
>>8215357
Chicago Diner?
>>
>>8223563
I take no supplements and I've been vegan for 7 years. To be fair I do occasionally eat supplemented food, and that's where I get my B12. Blood tests always come back great. In fact, I was deficient as a meat eater and now I'm not. I was always iron deficient and now I have more hemoglobin in my blood than necessary.

And I don't think it makes me better than everyone else, just obviously better than the people who fully realize what they're contributing to (torture, the destruction of our planet for current and future generations, etc., etc.), and not only don't do anything about it, but get defensive like Creon from the play Antigone. (Sorry for the obscure example but we were watching that play in English class tonight and he reminded me of how meat eaters act when they're faced with the reality of the consequences of their actions.) Basically, you're horrible.

Also I wouldn't call it imitating, I'd call it improving. Gardein tastes and looks better than meat. There are some vegans who really do want to imitate it though and there's no shame in that. No problem liking the taste of meat. I don't understand it myself personally. As long as they're not hurting anyone for that taste preference.
>>
>>8223575
The fuck? I'm not playing a victim, I'm stating facts/rambling. And it's not a poor personal choice, we've been over this. You're so defensive.

Wine is gross. I'd rather have some Kahlua hot chocolate like I'm about to right now. And I live with a family who eats meat so I won't be staying home.
>>
File: IMG_8434.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8434.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
>>8222331
I'm not male and also underweight. I tried veganism and lost weight. Tofu and soy milk are practically calorie free. I need cheese and butter as calorie sources and also to make other foods more palateable.
>>
>>8223770
You can gain weight on a vegan diet. Don't be silly.

You only went vegan for 2 months. You didn't even try. You wanted to give up from the start.
>>
>>8223790
>You didn't even try

"Just try it for four weeks ... nine out of 10 people just stick to it automatically because they feel so much better." - Patrik Baboumian
>>
>>8223826
Yeah but you're an idiot who didn't do it right because you're an idiot. I mean if you think all vegan food is low calorie you're obviously either shamelessly lying or an idiot. And if you think the food isn't good, then you're not a fucking good cook. You can't judge an entire diet off of your experiences in 2 months. I eat a new thing just about every day and I've been vegan for 7 years. So yeah, you didn't try. You obviously wanted to fail.
>>
Did anyone try making vegan mayonnaise? I thought it would be complicated but a recipe I found just says blend

vegetable oil
soy milk
vinegar
salt

seems really easy I think I'll try it.
>>
>>8223846
I made some out of tofu once out of desperation because I didn't have any Vegenaise. Wasn't bad. That recipe sounds like it'd be better though.
>>
>>8223830

You might be right about everything you said but your posts still wreak of absolute pretentious vegan shittery. You're so defensive it's sad, pal. That anon may not have done it in a way you considered correct but at least they gave it a fuckin' shot.

That said, props for committing to the lifestyle and I'm glad it works for you.
>>
>>8223863
Explain how my comments make me pretentious and yours and theirs don't.

Protip: you can't. You're being defensive too, m8.
>>
>>8223867

That was my first comment in the thread after reading the entire thing, so I can't exactly have any pretentious comments. That said, some of theirs were pretentious as well. Further, didn't say that your opposition didn't make pretentious comments, just mentioned that yours were.

>you're an idiot who didn't do it right because you're an idiot

c'mon pal, they're clearly new to it and instead of illustrating your point in a constructive way you berated them without offering insight

>if you think the food isnt good, you're not a fucking good cook

fair point perhaps, although entirely subjective. but again, not constructive. same old high-horse criticism typical of vegans. be inclusive not exclusive, friend.
>>
>>8223885
They were insulting veganism when the fault really lied with them. I'm generally not one to sugarcoat. That doesn't make me pretentious lol. Kind of the opposite really.
>>
>>8223790
I'm 2-month anon.

I'm actually good at cooking, its been my daily hobby for 18 years. When I was vegan I ate the best vegan foods I could, which most of the time took hours every day. Lentil and cumin dal with charred wholewheat chappattis, pitta filled with hummus and salad, falafel wraps, homemade chips, roast vegetables, fried rice with vegetables and scrambled tofu Vietnamese noodle salad with peanut topping... all tasty meals that I still eat regularly. However after less than a week I was starting to wish there was something filling to eat other than than a garlicky pulse, an oily starch or bread. But no, I had to carry on and be a morally upstanding person and make my fellow vegans proud and wait for the moment when I could say I love my diet more than ever...
I learnt that substituting vegetable fats where you would have used butter will 90% of the time make the recipe inedible. Both health and flavour wise - it's bad to eat heated oil. I got fried tofu in my pho one time and it was truely disgusting. I found myself trying to eat vegan candies and biscuits just for the sustainance even though I usually eat very little added sugar. I tried many branded vegan products such as cheese sauce, mayo, chocolate, shortbread, sausages, ice cream, chicken nuggets. None had any inherent nutrients or flavour. Few had any calories apart from those with sickening refined sugar and oil soaked flour.

Veganism has no culinary heritage. Peanut butter/avocado on toast is a fine and nutritious snack but it is not a meal you can love. I began wanting to die rather than eat purely vegan for the rest of my life. And the thing is that vegans would have loved that since I wouldn't be eating any more milk or meat. You can't win with vegans.

By the way I do know a /fit/ vegan on a 4000 calorie, high starch, high sugar, high salt, medium fat, low vegetable diet. I don't want to eat how he eats.
>>
>>8224648
You're a shameless liar, and probably a shill trying to paint a vegan diet badly. My diet is quick, filling, and healthy. If you ate lentil and cumin dal every day obviously you'd get sick of it. There is endless variety in a vegan diet. You say the cooking took hours as if that's something you wouldn't regularly do if cooking is your daily hobby. Bitch please, I see right through you. And lately I don't spend more than 15 minutes preparing my food so you're just totally full of shit using that as an excuse. If you did it to be a "morally upstanding person" then you would be ashamed for failing and wouldn't mention it trying to insult the vegan diet, instead you would just admit that you stopped because you're an idiot. But you're advertising it like you want no one to be vegan - obvious shill/troll.

And animal products are way worse for you than vegetable fats. You're fucking ridiculous. http://theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/health (This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to studies showing how fucking wrong you are.)

You somehow think it's okay to eat heated butter, but not heated oil? Dear god.

I will agree fried tofu is gross though. I'm generally not a fan of greasy foods, but most people love it.

There is nothing about an omnivorous diet that can't be done better with a vegan diet.

And you're a liar about there being no nutrients or flavor. That, or you did this decades ago. Try Gardein. Vegan meat alternatives have loads of nutrients and are very flavorful. Most meat eaters I know who have tried it actually PREFER it to meat, for the taste alone.

Veganism has no culinary heritage...what...as if that'd even matter if it were true.

If this story is actually true, you wanted to fail, just like you want to try to paint veganism poorly. You never cared, you only serve yourself. Not even that actually because you're increasing your risk for disease, among other things. Well have fun with that.
>>
What are you all making for thanksgiving?

I was thinking of making one of those tofurkey roast things because I've never had one before, still looking for any better ideas though
>>
>>8221923
>"so much better"

who said this
>>
>>8224966
Don't do it for the sake of your family.
>>
>>8224975
Well they would obviously be eating their own turkey and other nonvegan stuff...
>>
>>8224985
I tried it a few years ago. Had the Thanksgiving parry at my house and I cooked it all vegan. Never been more embarrassed in my life. My mother and sister liked it but the whole meal was barely even touched. Now I just bring over a dish or two to their place for Thanksgiving
>>
>vegan """""""""""""""""people"""""""""""""""""
>>
>>8224966
>>8225003
Ironically, the meat eaters in my family loved the Tofurky, but I wasn't really impressed.

UNTIL the day after, I took the leftover Tofurky out of the fridge, started slicing it thinking I'd make a sandwich. Could not stop slicing. Never did make a sandwich because I just kept putting slice after slice into my mouth, it was so good.

I just didn't like it hot and sliced thick.

This is pretty tasty and presentable enough for the real Thanksgiving dinner: https://gardein.com/products/savory-stuffed-turky/

You could probably do better but if you're just making it for yourself then it's nice because it's quick, easy as fuck, and relatively cheap, and pretty delicious.

Tofurky I would make more for the after Thanksgiving sandwiches, not the main course. But that's just me. Again, the meat eaters in my family loved it.
>>
>>8216454
>and farmers/rural people/"naturalists" might think synthetic meat is evil and ungodly
I would think it would be more because synthetic meat would put a lot of farmers/ranchers out of a job if actually needing to raise livestock becomes obsolete.
>>
>>8225052
I would think it would be more because the texture and flavor will never compare to the real thing. Just like farm raised fish can't compare to wild caught; just like annual flowers can't compare to perennial wild flowers; just like fast food can't compare to real food.
>>
>>8225046
>https://gardein.com/products/savory-stuffed-turky/
damn that does look pretty good but
>cranberries
>in stuffing
>>
File: Vegetable Wellington.jpg (47KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
Vegetable Wellington.jpg
47KB, 564x423px
>>8225183
I thought it'd be gross with cranberries too, and some people may not like it, but I did.

Lots of other options though. https://www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals/vegan-food-for-the-holidays/
>>
File: seitan roast.jpg (40KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
seitan roast.jpg
40KB, 564x423px
>>8225215
http://vegbergers.blogspot.com/2012/03/superior-vegan-reuben.html
>>
>>8225215
http://www.peta.org/living/food/thanksgiving-main-dishes-to-be-thankful-for/
>>
>>8225215
http://www.veggiebelly.com/2013/11/vegetarian-wellington-recipe.html
>>
Anyone know a good way to save (download) a thread before it 404s? A lot of ideas I want to save.
>>
File: Stuffed Maple Tofu.jpg (13KB, 390x241px) Image search: [Google]
Stuffed Maple Tofu.jpg
13KB, 390x241px
>>8225215
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=2589&catId=10
>>
>>8225226
>>
>>8225237
I have no clue. Wish I did. That'd be very handy.

>>8225335
Does it look too much like meat?
>>
>>8224648
As somebody who has been vegan for over a year, it honestly sounds like you made the mistake I did when I first started, which is believing that you have to make everything from scratch and eat completely shitty foods.

You don't. Pretty much anything you can eat on a "meat eater's" diet, you can eat on a vegan one. Pancakes, burgers, spaghetti, sushi, and hell, even tendies if you want to buy faux meats.

Also where did you get the idea that heated oil is bad for you? That sounds like some FoodBabe level bullshit to me.
>>
Just had some Kahlua with soy vanilla ice cream from Trader Joe's, and a bit of Nesquik chocolate syrup. Mmmmm. Last night I used the Nesquick and soy milk and soy creamer with the Kahlua to make Kahlua hot chocolate too. Also mmmmm.

And earlier I put some leftover spaghetti in with Progresso tomato soup and it reminded me of Spaghetti-os.

For breakfast I just had refried beans and tortilla chips which I actually really enjoy.

For dinner I'll try to eat a bit healthier, with some broccoli sprayed with some Bragg's liquid aminos (soy sauce), maybe some tofu and rice. Extra firm tofu coated in a mix of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, coated in plenty of pepper, then tossed in the microwave because I'm lazy and don't want to clean a pan, but also because I don't have to use any oil that way.
>>
>>8225394
No. It looks too much like what I see in my toilet bowl every morning.
>>
>>8225602
See a doctor.
>>
I think this is my favorite vegan dessert.

I wish there was more mochi where I live. Ordering it online is super expensive.
>>
>>8217004
making good food with veggies aint hard.... just remember to spice and build aromas.
>>
>>8225163
Maybe.
I'll give it a try when and if it ever starts being sold commercially and see if its any good in comparison to the real deal.
>>
>>8225618
I love living in a city full of asians for all the cool food I can get for cheap especially when compared to the prices of "regular" food
>>
>>8224966
I'm going to make mini vegan helpings of the staples of my family's typical dishes for me to eat, and I'm also going to bring some cornbread pudding. I might also try to make a vegan pumpkin cheesecake or something, since I won't be able to eat the one my mom makes.

In years past, I didn't mind going from vegan to vegetarian for the holidays, but my family rides my ass more and more each year to the point that it's maddening. If I eat my grandma's mashed potatoes out of politeness, everybody mocks me because "anon I thought you were VEGAN and that has MILK in it! I guess you just can't resist going back to eating NORMAL!"

But if I ask for a small portion to be set aside and made with vegan butter & milk that I offer to bring ahead of time (and help with the cooking in general as a trade off) I'm seen as whiny and picky and "shoving your diet onto everyone"

It's a lose-lose situation either way, so I'm just making my own food and bringing it. The only exception is cornbread pudding, which started as a bet that I couldn't make something vegan that everybody could eat. Now, it's a staple at our Thanksgiving and ironically my family gets angry if I don't bring it.

Frankly my family getting angry at me for being vegan is so frustrating. They preached and preached at me to lose weight, and when I finally got motivated, changed my lifestyle, and lost 50lbs+ and counting, they're always harping on me about constantly eating "rabbit food." Ugh.
>>
>>8225659
Jealous.

>>8226012
> If I eat my grandma's mashed potatoes out of politeness, everybody mocks me because "anon I thought you were VEGAN and that has MILK in it! I guess you just can't resist going back to eating NORMAL!"

You can't win with meat eaters. They don't want you to win so they criticize you no matter what you do. It doesn't have to make sense and can be totally hypocritical but they don't care because they're the majority and don't have to think about whether they're being hypocritical or not because they know no one will be criticizing them.

One meat eater will tell me I'm a smug asshole for not accepting a cupcake at a child's birthday party, another will claim VEGANISM IS POINTLESS HUR DUR if you ride a used bike with non-vegan tires, and you're an atrocious hypocrite of the worst kind.

Last Thanksgiving I spent with my family I tried to make vegan versions of everything that would taste better than the omnivorous version and my mom and brother started screaming at me for "ruining Thanksgiving". I spent that Thanksgiving in my room and only ended up coming out because my niece wanted to play with me. It was awkward as fuck. God I hate my family.

This year I'm not even going to try to sugarcoat anything. I'm not going to be near anyone's home on Thanksgiving. Not sure what I'll do yet though but definitely won't be doing anything with any meat eaters.

And wow congrats on losing 50+ lbs. It almost seems like meat eaters are being intentionally ridiculous sometimes. Like you being vegan reminds them of their cognitive dissonances and they can't deal and so they decide to just embrace wholeheartedly every aspect of their mind that is completely illogical as a coping method. It's really painful for us though. They don't seem to want to realize that.
>>
>>8226225
Take heart, you're a very special kind of snowflake. I like you.
>>
>>8226246
Thanks.
>>
>>8226225
>Last Thanksgiving I spent with my family I tried to make vegan versions of everything that would taste better than the omnivorous version and my mom and brother started screaming at me for "ruining Thanksgiving

They might be assholes but you sound like a prick.
>>
>>8226278
I'm a prick for buying a shitload of food I was offering for them to have too, and wanting to have a real Thanksgiving meal for myself? Huh?
>>
>>8226322
>I tried to make vegan versions of everything that would taste better than the omnivorous version

You took a bunch of disgusting slop to your family and insisted it was better than what they made. You insulted them.
>>
>>8226343
I didn't tell them that, it's just a fact worth adding. They should have been fucking thankful. And it's not like they didn't have their versions. But you make a good point, maybe my mom was upset about the competition because she knew mine would be better.
>>
>>8226350
I'm not convinced you're real anymore. You're an omnivore troll here to make us hate vegans more.
>>
>>8226380
If an omnivore talked the way I do, you'd be applauding them.

You're so fucking weak and transparent.
>>
>>8219761
>being this mad he isn't saving the planets with plants

ok buddy
>>
File: Recipe.SpookyCupcakes.jpg (29KB, 390x241px) Image search: [Google]
Recipe.SpookyCupcakes.jpg
29KB, 390x241px
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=5074&catId=10
>>
File: VEGAN DEEP DISH.jpg (250KB, 564x1738px) Image search: [Google]
VEGAN DEEP DISH.jpg
250KB, 564x1738px
http://www.veganricha.com/2016/09/vegan-deep-dish-pizza-recipe.html
>>
File: gardein1.jpg (377KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
gardein1.jpg
377KB, 1000x662px
GARDEIN CHICK'N OR BEEFLESS SLIDERS. WITH JUST MAYO VEGAN MAYONNAISE.
>>
File: Gardein.jpg (143KB, 600x708px) Image search: [Google]
Gardein.jpg
143KB, 600x708px
>>8227085
MMMM
>>
>>8225515
In short: aldehydes, acrylamides and peroxides - carcinogens formed in vegetable oils at normal cooking temperatures and durations. Saturated animal fats are far more resistant to this heat degradation. Furthermore the claim that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease is completely unproven.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814616308652?via%3Dihub

Oils and fats are chemically not the same heated as unheated. Anecodatally, my favourite vegetable oils for salad dressings taste bitter and sickening when used to fry/grill the outside of a sandwich where using butter tastes great.
>>
>>8224865
I agree with the guy above. I never reached satiety on a vegan diet and it was miserable half the time, even when the food was glorious. He's especially correct concerning any vegan sweetsnacks. That shit is disgusting and full of nasty starch filler and cheap fats. Oh, and when you're trying to back up a statement on diet, don't link to tumblr if you want to keep dignity.

Oh and dude
>>
>>8227276
*above you, I meant. As in the post you answered.
>>
>>8225237
capping always works, but makes it difficult to copypasta
>>
File: walproj-388.jpg (192KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
walproj-388.jpg
192KB, 980x653px
>>8227276

That's my blog and it has more scientific sources than either of you have read in your life. It's hosted on tumblr because tumblr is the only site that allows a format similar to the one I wanted, and is free.

I have hundreds of more sources I'm saving for a more professional website that will be organized better, so it's not just a stream of links. (Can't do anything about the format of the pages on that blog for now since I don't code, and the format sucks.) I didn't bother including all of them yet since let's be real you guys won't even read one of the studies, especially since it's hosted on tumblr and people don't take it seriously and don't even click to begin with to see that there are a ton of studies.

And I'm been vegan for 7 years. Why do you think I never experienced that? Do you think my body is specially adapted to a vegan diet? Or do you think you guys are just retarded and faking it, or weren't eating right?

And really, there's absolutely no comparison to vegan food and the omnivorous versions of that food when it comes to health. If you read the studies cited on that blog you'd begin to understand that.

(Pic unrelated but also related. I had to pick an image because for some reason the last image I posted was still there and wouldn't let me post.)
>>
I love it when /ck/ actually gets legitimate butthurt about vegans because you know it actually gets under people's skin to have their shit-tier diets challenged.
No, sorry, eating dead animals covered in their own coagulated juices isn't healthy americunts.
>>
File: 200px-Shart_In_Mart.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Shart_In_Mart.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>All you fucking vegans are liberal beta nu-male hippies! You'll never be an alpha like me if you don't eat meat!
>>
>>8227481
>That's my blog
MODS. SHILL!
>>
>>8227481
>Blog
How fitting for a vegan.
>>
>>8227481
>too poor to afford a web designer
>too stupid to edit a blog template
>consciously chose to use a teenage girls' Homestuck slash art aggregator as a platform for an issue that means more to him than his own life
>>
File: 1472499810373.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472499810373.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>>
Please ban the pedovegan. It's shilling.
>>
>>8221923
>If a vegan diet is "so much better"
It's not and they only people who claim it is are retards
>>
>>8215344
>>8223581
>just obviously better than the people who fully realize what they're contributing to (torture, the destruction of our planet for current and future generations, etc., etc.), and not only don't do anything about it, but get defensive like Creon from the play Antigone. (Sorry for the obscure example but we were watching that play in English class tonight and he reminded me of how meat eaters act when they're faced with the reality of the consequences of their actions.) Basically, you're horrible.
>I'm a pretentious faggot
>>8223448
>>8223586
>The fuck? I'm not playing a victim,
Yes you are
>>8217663
>>8219761
>>8221925
>>8222206
>>8226012
>>8226225
>>8226246
>>8226322
>>8226350
>>8226403
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>>8223846
>soy milk
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
>>
>>8227526
Oh I wish I made money from it, lmao.

>>8227543
It's less of a blog and more of a database. I have yet to put my personal opinions in it, with the economy page as an exception. I might edit that out though now that I think about it.

>>8227544
I have friends who are web designers and even they told me I'd have to pay like at least 18 dollars a month just to host a proper website. I have to perfect it before I invest that kind of money to make it worth it for me. I would still be making no money off of it unless I decided to get commercial with it but I think that would devalue the information. Even I judge sites that are trying to make money while spreading information.
>>
My wife's son won't eat my vegan food. What do? He's 4 and I'm trying to get him away from the toxic meat eater culture that's currently infecting his brain.
>>
Truth: most vegans are just malnourished scrubs that adopt veganism for the convenient moral high ground it provides while justifying their lazy diets of candy and refined carbs. With the exception of a few pros who supplement properly, vegans lack key amino acids and other minerals and nutrients, which leads to higher rates of physical and mental illness.
>>
>>8227648
You have to start them young. Like 2 years old at the latest. That way they adjust to the taste of vegan food before they fall into the trap that is the meat industry.
>>
Do I call child protective services or the troll police on these two? Have fun with your low test faggot sons an your psychotic pharma addicted daughters you scrawny punks.
>>8227692
>>8227648
>>
>>8227700
You gotta call the cyberpolice and back trace them.
>>
>>8224865
Don't call someone ridiculuous when you're shilling bullshit and just outright lied.
>>8227481
>That's my blog and it has more scientific sources than either of you have read in your life.
Real science says meat's perfectly healthy for you
>>8227519
>shit-tier diets
>Not as meme
>No, sorry, eating dead animals covered in their own coagulated juices isn't healthy americunts.
Do some actual research and see
>Real science says meat's perfectly healthy for you
>>8227627
>>
File: my degree in biology.jpg (36KB, 479x452px) Image search: [Google]
my degree in biology.jpg
36KB, 479x452px
>>8227651
The amount of misinformation in this post is almost impressive. I'm impressed by how stupid you are.
>>
>>8227724
Yes, cause all vegans are super buff testosterone filled men kek. Go prep that bull.
>>
File: billy simmonds.jpg (38KB, 649x480px) Image search: [Google]
billy simmonds.jpg
38KB, 649x480px
>>8227729
All the vegan men I know are super buff testosterone filled men actually. Vegans technically have more testosterone than meat eating men actually. And I have to go to work now so I'll debunk everything else later.
>>
>>8227724
Please educate my meat-poisoned mind and tell me what was incorrect about my post.
>>
File: 1461244548080.jpg (136KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1461244548080.jpg
136KB, 750x734px
>>8227737
>technically
>>
>>8227767
Roids exist. That's probably what he's referring to.
>>
>>8227780
I'm a she, and no that's not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to a study on vegan men vs. omnivorous men. I'll get it for you and explain the "technically" later - but basically they have the same amount of used testosterone, but vegans have more testosterone measured in their blood if I'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>8223541
That must be hard
I couldn't imagine making it the center of my life to such a great extent, but you do you I guess
>>
>>8227821
They had higher free test, which is completely pointless. You forgot to mention their elevated estrogen levels.
>>
>>8227737
>>8227729
>my anecdotes are better than your anecdotes
debunk yourselves
>>
If you love animals so much why don't you marry them?
>>
>>8221919
>>8221848
>>8220464
wtf I'm vegan now
>>
>>8217392
awwww yes tanks for sharing
>>
kys
>>
>>8228955
thx for the bump senpai
>>
>>8217107
I'm not that guy. I just think taking the high ground is pretty fucking stupid over something as trivial as your diet.
I will wholly acknowledge that some vegan food is pretty good. Except sausages, seriously what the fuck.
I just get tired of being talked down to by waify men and obnoxious fat bitches.
Be whatever you want but I would rather hunt at eat my kill than be what you people are.
>>
>>8227850
Ugh, I need to restart my computer because it's lagging, so I can't get the actual study right at this moment - I bookmarked it on my old computer and unfortunately never transferred the bookmarks. Anyway, here's this for now: http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/12/less-cancer-in-vegan-men-despite-more-testosterone/

And I'm not aware of any study showing that vegan men have elevated estrogen levels but if you're assuming that because of soy you're an absolute fucking moron.

A meta-analysis on the subject: http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract?cc=y=
>>
File: header 3.jpg (211KB, 960x625px) Image search: [Google]
header 3.jpg
211KB, 960x625px
>>8227755

Sure.

>Truth: most vegans are just malnourished scrubs that adopt veganism for the convenient moral high ground it provides while justifying their lazy diets of candy and refined carbs.

Well at least you had the intelligence to say "most", unfortunately, that didn't make your statement immune to reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJCHVEatqY

And I can at least speak for myself when I say it has nothing to do with wanting to be superior to anyone. Meat eaters like you just make it soooo hard to deny that. I'm naturally a very quiet, extremely non-judgmental person. But when it comes to harming others, yeah you can get fucked.

> With the exception of a few pros who supplement properly, vegans lack key amino acids

lol no. We get all the necessary amino acids.

>and other minerals and nutrients, which leads to higher rates of physical and mental illness.

Yeah more like exactly the opposite.

http://theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/health

Only mental illnesses that are slightly more prevalent in vegans are depression and anxiety disorder. There are multiple reasons for that that have nothing to do with diet. Just a couple examples: 1. A lot of vegans have endured abuse, which makes them more able to empathize with the animals and also unable to ignore their suffering. I also speak for myself with that. Their depression and anxiety likely existed before they went vegan. 2. I could write an essay but imagine you lived in a society of child rapists and murderers. Not only did they not care about the suffering they cause, but they actually gloated about it - you can't escape seeing children being raped. And people actually mock you for not raping children. How stressed would you say you'd be?
>>
File: happy piglet.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
happy piglet.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>8227916
I love you.
>>
>>8227648
Are you just giving him things like veggies? If so that's why. If he has veggie phobia you can start working in veggies, like for example Daiya mac 'n' cheeze all the children I've cared for (babysitter/nanny/lots of nieces) love, you just add peas or broccoli into - some kids even like spinach in it but others would pick it out. I think broccoli and peas are generally safe though. Most kids like those.

And kids love Gardein too - especially those little sliders.

What kind of vegan food are you making for him? Beans and rice are usually safe. Just think about what he likes and make vegan versions of it.
>>
>>8229306
It's a troll post, anon.
>>
>>8229224
>veganism doesn't cause mental illness
>the mentally ill choose to be vegan
Not a great argument for it
>>
>>8229306
>>8229328
pretty good advice but yeah
>My wife's son
almost certainly trolling
>>
>>8229328
>>8229339
Thanks. I've never been good at telling when people are trolling.
>>
>>8229331
Depression and anxiety can be purely caused by environment and nobody is immune. And if you have more empathy than others, your risk obviously goes up. It doesn't mean they're inferior in any way, it just likely means they're struggling living in a society filled with degenerates.

If you lived in a country where women were being stoned to death in front of your house every day and the second you suggested people stop stoning them, they started harassing you, if you're a sane person you'd become depressed too.
>>
File: vegan taco bell.jpg (15KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
vegan taco bell.jpg
15KB, 236x177px
Today I ate: an Amy's gluten free tofu scramble burrito, for breakfast.

Apple sauce, potato chips, a Primal Strip (Hickory Smoked flavor I think) for a sad but still delicious attempt at lunch while I was at work. Then had some Amy's vegetable soup later.

For dinner I had two Taco Bell chalupas with beans instead of meat, no cheese or sour cream, and a side of red sauce to pour on it since the beans are a little bland for me on their own.

For dessert I had Gushers.

I'm stuffed.

On a side note I hate everyone who says guac instead of guacamole.
>>
>>8215344
I got the Pad thai meal from them and had a anaphylactic reaction and almost died presumably to peanuts despite their claim of specifically not using them in anything. Stay away big time if you have allergies
>>
>>8229892
Jesus that's terrible. Sorry to hear that. I hope you e-mailed them and they somehow made it up to you.
>>
>>8229892
Also is it possible you're allergic to tree nuts? It does say it uses tree nuts in the pad thai. That's horrible though.
>>
Last night I made a veggie soup from green onion, green pepper, turnips and turnip greens, carrots, jalapeno, whole tomatoes, leftover grilled corn and better than bouillon vegetable flavor.
>>
>>8230392
Interesting. I would never have thought to use some of those ingredients in soup.
>>
>>8231010
I suspect you may actually have tastebuds.
>>
>>8231048
Well, personally I wouldn't add jalapeno but that's just because I don't like spicy foods. Other stuff sounds good but I'm curious how turnips and turnip greens would taste in a soup. Honestly I think I only tried turnips once. Sounds like a Mexican kind of soup.
>>
File: humanity.jpg (91KB, 770x960px) Image search: [Google]
humanity.jpg
91KB, 770x960px
>>8231102
>>8231186
>>8231215

This just happened in the other vegan thread.

Gimme some more vegan recipes please.
>>
>>8224968
Maybe >>8215400 and >>8215415 saying it's better than the "real thing"

I mean everyone knows they are full of shit, for one I wouldn't pay $20 for an item imitating something I could get for $7
>>
>>8231410
I laugh at meat eaters like you. You're too stupid to try vegan food so you torture yourself with animal flesh and secretions, never knowing how superior vegan food can be.

If you weren't torturing animals in the process I'd say you deserve it and let it be, but sadly your stupidity affects more than just yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've abstained from eating meat for about two weeks now, and it's much easier than I was expecting. Worst part has been giving up honey and butter.

Pic related, made some pad thai the other night.
>>
File: 12787342363_56c7a7e10d_z.jpg (325KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
12787342363_56c7a7e10d_z.jpg
325KB, 640x426px
I made this the other night (minus the cilantro, agave, and ginger). it was delicious.

http://www.isachandra.com/2014/02/brussel-sprout-fried-rice/
>>
>>8231577
spaghetti squash pad thai? was it good?
>>
>>8231603
Damn that does look delicious.

And yeah I probably would have tossed that stuff out of the mix too.
>>
Just gonna transfer these all here:
>>8231960
>>8231965
>>8231971
>>8231974
>>8231980
>>8231985
>>8231989
>>8231992
>>8231995
>>
>>8232032
P.S.

That's exactly what's posted on the blog but nobody here would know this because they don't click tumblr links.
>>
>>8232032
>eating mostly whole plant foods is good for you

It sure is. I eat lots of whole plant foods, and sometimes steak.
>>
File: annies udon soup.jpg (56KB, 457x500px) Image search: [Google]
annies udon soup.jpg
56KB, 457x500px
>>
>>8232040
>Vegan is a tumblrite
To be expected.
>>
>>8232084
You must have skimmed past like half of those studies.
>>
>>8232091
You're fucking cringe. You post on 4chan and somehow you're judging tumblr?

Tumblr is a free site that allows various free themes. That's why the information is hosted there you fucking genius. I don't have time to even understand why you have an issue with tumblr because I don't use it for anything but finding recipes and following one of my friends, and sharing information.
>>
>>8232093
I skimmed past all of them. Are you saying that my assumption is wrong, and that basing my diet on whole plant foods is a bad choice?
>>
>>8215344
>Amy's
Do they have a company policy to include tofu in all of their products? It just seems unnecessary for some of their meals (i.e. bean burritos).
>>
>>8232105
triggered
>>
>>8232105
Literally Cancer: The Post
>>
>>8232140
It tastes like nothing and is a source of protein?
>>
>>8232105
get a trip
>>
>>8232140
Their Mexican tamale pie, which is one of the best foods in your grocery's frozen food aisle, is soy-free.
>>
File: 97908_japanese_fried_rice2.jpg (190KB, 340x504px) Image search: [Google]
97908_japanese_fried_rice2.jpg
190KB, 340x504px
Just tossed some broccoli topped with a bit of soy sauce in the microwave along with Trader Joe's Japanese-style Fried Rice.

Fucking delicious. Only stopping to type because it's still too hot.

I pity people who don't have a Trader Joe's near them.
>>
>>8231788
Not squash but bell peppers, and yeah it was delicious.

It was better as leftovers than fresh though.
>>
This is the best vegan thread. I don't know why people are even posting in the other one. It's a cringefest.
>>
Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella.
>>
What are the staples for someone wanting to do this?
>>
>visiting the Vegan UK (I'm from Vegan France)
>my friends want to take me out for dinner at Vegan Nando's
>agree to it cause memes, muh cheeky Vegan Nandos
>we sit down
>waiter tells us it's Vegan Cheese Day
>I freak the fuck out and ask my friends why they didn't tell me it's Vegan Cheese Day
>they tell me to calm down
>I yell "FUCK OFF" and storm out of the restaurant
>pick up some Vegan KFC and eat it on the way home
Was I in the wrong here? My friends still don't understand just what the problem was, they act like I'm the unreasonable one.
>>
>>8232533
Depends on what kind of vegan diet you want to have.

But a healthy version:
Beans
Grains
Nuts
Seeds
Veggies
Fruit

The variety is endless.within that.
>>
why is there no vegan general thread?
>>
>>8234259
Because there are only roughly 2 posters on this board that are vegan, and samefagging gets old after a while.
>>
>>8221923
I'm not vegan, but seriously? Vegans don't hate hamburgers and hotdogs, they hate killing animals to make them.
>>
>>8234399
And that makes them cucks.
>>
>>8217379
holy cow
that almost looks like real jalapenos
>>
>>8226225
>Last Thanksgiving I spent with my family I tried to make vegan versions of everything that would taste better than

Trying to celebrate a meat eater's holiday as a vegan was your first mistake. You just shit in Squanto's face.
>>
>>8234402
>cuckcuckcuckcuck
Alt-right man babies sounds like chickens
>>
I wanted to see some cool vegan food. Not hear a debate on pro/anti veganism discussion. we get that in all the other threads.
>>
>>8234471
lmao.
>>
>>8234447
I only celebrate Thanksgiving for the green bean casserole anyway. But really I was trying to be nice by buying and making a ton of food for them. My family is literally insane though.

Can't wait to completely cut contact with them.
>>
>>8234471
>xe takes the alt-right meme seriously
Top heh. How typical for a vegan.
>>
What I use tumblr for:

www.loveandvegan.tumblr.com/post/151821561438/cheap-vegan-recipes

Cheap vegan recipes.
>>
>>8223790
>I AM A VEGAN BADASS
Just... why?
>>
>>8225234
>>8225226
>>8225222
Vegetarian copies of food... why?
Why just not eat normal vegetarian/vegan food?
>>
>>8232309
>omnivore eats meat
>gets called a sick fuck
OKAY
>>
>>8235196
Improvements. Turkey is fucking nasty. That food is nothing like turkey, doesn't look like turkey, doesn't taste like turkey. No clue why you think that we're trying to copy turkey. I mean yeah there are some newb vegans who still like the taste of animal products I guess and might try to imitate it, but that's not the case here and I don't know why you'd think it was. Or why it would even be an issue if it was the case. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8223830
>TRY BEING A VEGAN, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER
>it didn't work
>WELL YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT YOU RETARD!!!
>>
>>8223830
>>8235217
I mean, you know this is the same bullshit they use to propagate AA, right?
>TRY THE 12-STEP PROGRAM ANON!
>I did and it didn't work
>WELL YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT YOU RETARD!!!
AA has a 90% recidivism rate. But if it does work
>MAKE SURE AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT HOW AA CHANGED YOUR LIFE, GOTTA PASS IT ON!!!
Veganism is the same fucking way. You know you could do nothing but eat Oreos and rice milk and be a vegan, right?
>>
>>8234762
My favorite sites for vegan recipes:
http://chefchloe.com/recipes
http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/
http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/

And Vegan Yum Yum was a favorite of mine but I can't get to it anymore because my anti-virus won't let me go to it.
>>
>>8235192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZL0MyYPBLQ
>>
>>8235223
MMM.
>>
>>8215385
is it important? Don't get triggered over food.
>>
>>8215415
im not really understanding the whole "vegan Milkproduct" or "vegan meatproduct" thing.

Get some Hindu cook books. There are so many meals that don't require meat or animal products.
>>
File: chilli-bean-tacos-12596_l.jpg (68KB, 614x409px) Image search: [Google]
chilli-bean-tacos-12596_l.jpg
68KB, 614x409px
I am trying to eat less meat so I am making bean tacos instead of my usual bean + mince.
What could I add with the beans to fill it out a little more?

I usually do
1kg mince
1 large onion
400g mixed beans
Spices

Today I removed the mince and doubled the beans but I still feel the need to have something extra with it.
>>
>>8235449
Try watching hundreds of undercover investigations of farms and then telling me that.

>>8235451
You can still like American food, but veganize it. I don't get why this is a hard concept to grasp for some people.

>>8235453
I would just add some beefless crumbles, or you could even add a blend of walnuts, tofu, get creative. Never would have thought about using walnuts but Chef Chloe adds walnuts to her burgers and they're bomb so you could experiment.
>>
>>8235453
Garlic, serrano or poblano peppers charred/blistered, potatoes(regular or sweet), egg, mushrooms, rice, quinoa, or cojita cheese or paneer. If you wanna cheat you could add tvp, tofu, seitan, or any other meat substitute. If I'm not eating meat I prefer to stay away from the fake meats though.
>>
>>8235855
>I don't get why this is a hard concept to grasp for some people.

Because trying to make a food into something that it's not usually yields shitty results.

>>8235451
>Get some Hindu cook books
You've got to be kidding. Hindus cannot eat Beef, but otherwise they do eat animal products. Especially dairy. Hindus consider the cow to be a sacred animal because it provides sustenance via diary products. Milk, cheese, butter, etc, are very common in Hindu cooking.
>>
File: ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (698KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
698KB, 480x360px
>>8235957
>Recommending eggs or dairy in a vegan thread.
>Using the term fake meats when they're meat alternatives and improvements
>>
>>8235982
The guy has fucking sour cream in his pic and says he's trying to eat less meat not be a vegan. >meat alternatives
Aka fake fucking meats you retarded piece of vegan shit. It's vegetable proteins and gluten processed to simulate the taste and texture of real meat. They are literally imposters, you are just lying to yourself calling them an improvements.
I get that 8 billion people eating meat isn't sustainable, and it's probably not great to eat too much meat. But it's also shitty to eat too much of anything, moderation is key. He doesn't want to eat meat for a meal or two, why would he use poor replicas? That completely defeats the purpose, and they're generally just as bad for you (usually high in fats, carbs, or sodium) and taste way worse. Fuck off
>>
>>8236015
Literally look at the Wikipedia page for seitan
>Wheat gluten has been documented in China since the 6th century.[2] It was widely consumed by the Chinese as a substitute for meat, especially among adherents of Buddhism.
It's literally been fake meat for 1500 years you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>8236015
They are by definition meat substitutes, and have similar nutritional values as meat. That is why they are so important in vegetarian ways of life. They are often high in fat, protein, and iron.
>>
>>8221923
>If a vegan diet is "so much better" then why are all of their best dishes just trying to replicate foods that typically include meat?

A) Because most people don't stick to being vegan for very long, so a lot of vegans are just trying to eat the dishes they already like, rather than taking the time to learn develop awesome dishes based on the natural taste of plants

B) Because pretty much every culture has a tradition of eating meat/dairy, so most of the common dishes that everyone has recipes for involve meat/dairy

C) My understanding is that vegans generally don't switch for taste reasons. I've never heard anyone claim that vegan dishes are "so much better" in terms of taste; though I have tried some that I really like.
>>
>>8215660
>How do you guys feel about lab grown meat?
I think it's awesome. I have no ethical issues with it, and I would probably try it if it ever becomes available to the general market.

However, I don't even really eat "fake" meat anymore, and my palate has changed a lot over the last few years, so I'm not sure I'd still enjoy it.
>>
>>8216540
>If plants are discovered to feel pain, would you stop eating plants?

No, I'd still eat plants, for 2 reasons:
>My ethics are based on empathy - which in turn is based on how much I can relate to the being in question. I related more to animals than to plants, and I'd rather stop the suffering of a cow than a carrot. Plus, plants don't have the neurological complexity necessary to be sentient in any sense that you or I could relate to. Even if they felt some version of pain, they obviously couldn't suffer the way a chicken can.

>Also, eating meat requires more plants than eating plants directly. The cow has to have a lifetime of eating grain feed or grass in order to become a steak, and animals are not efficient machines. You put a lot more food in than you get out.

Of course, if there were some third alternative - a way not to eat animals or plants (if plants felt pain), but still be healthy - I'd probably take that option in this scenario.
>>
File: Rosco.png (1MB, 1594x787px) Image search: [Google]
Rosco.png
1MB, 1594x787px
>>8221868
This. Over and over again, this.

I don't really discuss food in real life all that much, so I don't know what people's "in person" reaction to vegans usually are.

But pretty much every time I see a discussion of veganism online, it goes like this:
>vegan: "here's some information, or my personal view and reasoning in the context of this conversation."
>meat eater #1: "WHY ARE VEGANS SO EMOTIONAL GOD YOU KEK HOW DARE YOU PLANTS ARE LIVING BEINGS TOO VEGANS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FORCE ME TO EAT LIKE YOU I HATE VEGANS SO MUCH I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO ACT SO SUPERIOR"
>meat eater #2-20: "see? this is why I hate vegans. I am going to go eat some bacon now. did we trigger you, vegan? isn't it amazing how we're all going to go eat bacon? does it piss you off?"

It's hilarious, and kind of amazing to watch. I rarely ever comment on vegan threads anymore, but I always go in to watch the trainwreck of triggered meat eaters.
>>
File: carnistsBTFO.jpg (164KB, 1623x474px) Image search: [Google]
carnistsBTFO.jpg
164KB, 1623x474px
>>
>>8236277
Alright that's it, I'm vegan.
>>
File: amy's baked ziti.png (98KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
amy's baked ziti.png
98KB, 540x531px
Last night I had an Amy's baked ziti bowl. I nearly had a panic attack when I pulled it out of the microwave because it looked so much like cow cheese I thought I accidentally bought the non-vegan version.

Then I had Market Pantry (Target brand) chewy chocolate chip cookies with soy ice cream from Trader Joe's.
>>
>>8215660
I dont have a craving for it, so from that point on, its how delicious it taste or how bad it taste. Or rather the texture of the lab meat.
>>
>>8236754
you gonna get fat senpai
>>
>>8236794
Yeah. There aren't enough vegan men to choose from so I pretty much don't even care about staying thin anymore.
>>
>>8236853
>I would only maintain my health and my body's peak performance in order to get men
>If I haven't yet found a man, why not fill myself with crap and get fat?

Probably better this way. Even if you stayed fit and got a vegan man, you're the type of girl who'd let herself go after getting married anyway.

Take care of yourself for yourself, at least.
>>
>>8236890

>Take care of yourself for yourself, at least.

Yeah that's great and all but so is high calorie vegan food.

Honestly though I feel disgusting if I put on weight so I will maintain it and go on cleanses and work out when that happens.
>>
>>8235957
>tofu
Tofu is pretty damn different to meat. I have put it in heaps of dishes alongside meat, the same as I would put in vegetables.

>>8235855
I ended up putting in some mushrooms and diced tofu.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.