[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

I essentially never drink, so my experience with alcohol is primarily of the basics: beer, vodka, whiskey, tequila, wine.

My favorite out of those is vodka.

I want something not "manly" tasting. I want something that tastes GOOD. Not TOO sugary - example: Smirnoff Ice apple flavor was disgustingly sweet for me. Something sweet I don't mind as long as it's not repulsively sweet. I'm a Diet Coke kind of person not because I think it's better for me but because it tastes way better than nasty regular Coke - the sugary residue that coats my mouth from regular Coke makes me want to brush my teeth to get it off asap, so gross.

But if it's something like Bailey's or Kahlua I'm open to it being sugary. IDK why it makes a difference if it's creamy but it does.

It has to be vegan though. Also preferably it would come in small enough bottles I can hide in my mini-fridge. I'm a live in nanny and don't want it to be obvious that I'm drinking.

I've been super stressed lately and would go to the doctor to get some anxiety meds but Covered CA is ridiculous so I don't have health insurance yet. So I'm going to try drinking to force myself to chill, but need something that feels like it's worth drinking for the taste rather than just the inebriation.

Thanks.
>>
Alcohol is a depressant and once your buzz/drunk wears off you'll feel more anxiety than you did before you drank. Drinking as a coping mechanism is a horrible slippery slope and is not worth it.

t. an alcoholic with anxiety issues
>>
>>8214074
Absolut Pear/Lemon/Vanilla is pretty good if you can't stand strong sweetness. You could buy plain vodka and spice it yourself with like cinnamon or whatever you like I guess.
>>
>>8214074
try a piano woman.
>>
>>8214074
You should try some rum, they tend to be a bit sweeter than other hard alcohol. Plus it mixes well with Diet Coke.
>>
>>8214088
I really can't see myself becoming addicted to it. I'm not the kind of person who gets really addicted to anything. I think I get the genetics from my mom. Neither of us like drinking.

Also, I'd only be drinking at night if you're saying it makes you feel more anxiety short term after it wears off.

I'm really mad at Covered CA right now. I called, I faxed, I sent my application. When I called they said for some reason they couldn't verify my identity (what the fuck?), then the fax it seems like they never even got, but I double checked it was the right number and everything. Now I'm waiting on the response to the application I sent them through the mail and I don't know how long that's going to take. It's already been like two weeks and nothing.

Anyway. Once I do get coverage which is hopefully soon, I think I'll be glad to stop drinking. And I only plan on drinking when I really need to chill. Last night I would have loved to have something to knock me out for example. I was crying all night. Worst case of PMS I ever had but was also caused by various other factors that cause stress in general. I have physical symptoms when I have anxiety attacks for lack of a better term, so alcohol could temporarily help me I hope.
>>
>>8214094
Overall though I agree with
>>8214100
vodka is pretty good for "getting the work done" but rum will probably be nicer in the long run. Gin and tonic if you're up for mixing is great as well.
>>
>>8214094
Thanks, I'll look for it.

>>8214096
Not sure what you mean.

>>8214100
Forgot to mention rum. Only tried it once back in high school but I vaguely remember not liking it much. Didn't try it with Diet Coke though so that could be interesting.
>>
>>8214103
thanks for the blog post
>>
>>8214120
Anytime.
>>
>>8214103
>Also, I'd only be drinking at night if you're saying it makes you feel more anxiety short term after it wears off.
The day after.
>>
>>8214179
Oh well that would suck then.
>>
>>8214096
>try a piano woman.
patrician taste, seconded

also OP, spirits are vegan, so mix something with spirits
try a mojito, try a mint julep, try a (diet) Cuba Libre and see how you like them
>>
>>8214103
>I can't see myself becoming addicted to it
You think you're the first to drink to take the edge off and then think "I won't make a habit of this". Drink to celebrate not as a coping mechanism. By the end you'll wish you could go back to just crying about your problems.
>>
>>8214074
>It has to be vegan though
In that case ethanol is quite tasty. Try it en flambe for extra fun!
>>
>>8214969
>en flambe
Cultureless swine.
>>
>>8214074
>vegan
>drinks Bailey's

Pick one, anon.
>>
>>8214969
>triggered
>>
>>8214984
Bailey's has a vegan version out and I might be wrong but I vaguely remember that Kahlua is vegan too but I very likely could be wrong about that. I was just giving examples. I've been vegan for 7 years, not my entire life. So I tried a little bit of Kahlua in the past.
>>
>>8215050
I was correct. http://www.barnivore.com/liquor/73/Kahl-a
>>
>>8214202
Thank you.

>>8214221
Alright, alright.
>>
File: Zubrowka-and-apple-juice.jpg (196KB, 960x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Zubrowka-and-apple-juice.jpg
196KB, 960x1600px
>>8214074
I think you would enjoy Zubrowka with apple juice. Crisp, not too sweet and very drinkable. Plain is nice as well.

Also, ouzo/sambuca for that lovely taste of anise. Not something you want to be drinking all night long though.
>>
>>8214074
>But if it's something like Bailey's or Kahlua I'm open to it being sugary
>It has to be vegan though
>Baileys
>Vegan
>>
>wants alcohol to taste "good"
>vegan
>drinking as a fucking nanny on the job
>>
>>8214088
When will this "Alcohol is a depressant and will make you even sadder :((((" meme fucking die?
It's a NERVOUS depressant. It slows your breathing and reactions, it doesn't emotionally make you sad.
You fucking dumb piece of shit. You're not miserable because you're drinking you're miserable because your life is in god damn shambles.
>>
>>8214096

wtf is a piano woman?

google gives me literally nothing but women playing pianos.
>>
>>8216217
It sure as hell does
>>
File: 20260_product_front_0.png (263KB, 430x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20260_product_front_0.png
263KB, 430x1024px
>>
File: 0624-palm-bay-02.jpg (96KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
0624-palm-bay-02.jpg
96KB, 575x350px
>>
OP is a fucking faggot, holy shit.
Also wine, you'll probably like white or rose.
>>
>>8214221
Maybe not everyone is a weak willed fag got like you
>>
>>8216257
Almost no wine is technically vegan, the filtering/fining process generally uses animal products (bone ash, isinglass, gelatin, what have you). Only a very small minority of wine is vegan.

It annoys me that I know this, but as I work in the restaurant industry you have to know how to cater to vegans if you want to do business.
>>
File: 1468157006962.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1468157006962.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>8216235
>>
For once the term OP is a faggot is a great and truthful term. Don't forget to douche your vagina as well.
>>
>>8216768
Fuck vegans, they can't have what they want and they need to understand this
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 276x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 276x196px
>>8214074
Could you be any more of a literal faggot?

The only thing a man should drink is beer in a chilled glass or high dollar whiskey on the rocks.

Go to Sweden if you want to get assfucked while you are drinking pussy drinks
>>
UV White Cake vodka.
>>
Midori sours. They're girly as fuck and go down like absolutely nothing. But if you don't want a neon green weeabootini I'd try gin, elderflower liqueur and lemon.
>>
>>8216941
George Washington's drink of choice was fucking applejack.

Get over your insecurity over your masculinity and expand your palate, you sad little boy.
>>
File: 1404889565967.jpg (18KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1404889565967.jpg
18KB, 301x267px
G&T, Moscow Mule.
>>
>>8216199
Never made a claim that Bailey's was vegan... They do have a dairy free Bailey's though...

I couldn't get it here if I wanted to though. (Yes I wanted to.) I searched for a vegan Irish cream liquor but all I found were recipes to create your own and again I'm a live in nanny who doesn't want to make it obvious I'm drinking and that would make it very obvious if they saw me creating that in the kitchen.

>>8216212
I wouldn't be drinking on the job obviously. I would just be drinking alone in my room at night and not leaving my room. And they've offered me drinks before but I refused because I really generally don't like alcohol.

>>8216247
Interesting. I'll have to look for that. I like that it's cheap and small. Almost invested in a bottle of Kahlua but it was just the basic flavor and I would want to buy something really special if I'm going to buy a big bottle. Went with a Mike's hard black cherry (or something like that) lemonade instead.

>>8216257
I'm a female so your stupid idealizations of what a man should be like don't apply to me if that's the issue you have with me.

And I'm not a fan of wine really. None I've tried anyway. Maybe a wine cooler, IDK. I've actually never had a wine cooler, just remember wanting to try them when my mom used to drink them.

>>8216768
Lots of wine is vegan. Lots of wine is not. www.barnivore.com

>>8216775
I literally have a vagina so that is not insulting except for the fact that douching is not healthy for the vagina.

>>8216924
You're obnoxious.

>>8216941
Holy fuck why does everyone assume I'm a man? And that's some of the dumbest fucking shit I've ever heard that men shouldn't be allowed to enjoy drinks unless they're "manly". You're fucking beta if you actually hold on to these beliefs - it screams insecurity.

>>8217170
Thank you. That sounds tasty.

>>8217328
Thanks.

I wish I could just try a sample of each of these alcoholic drinks people are recommending.
>>
>>8217377
I don't care if you're a girl, I'll call you a faggot anyway. Because you're going muh anxiety (which alcohol won't help with, at least not in the long run) and want vegan drinks (what the fuck).

But seriously, you might like rose wine straight from the fridge, just ask for some that isn't super dry.
>>
>>8216261
a person that needs alcohol to cope with stress is quite the weak willed faggot so i think this advice is relevant
>>
>>8217377
It is Tasty (UV White Cake). It goes good in a glass of coke as a shot too.
>>
>>8217540
Is rose wine rose flavored? Because I hate the flavor of rose, or any flowers really.
>>
>>8217569

Sorry we're not all basement dwellers whose mother's do their laundry for them. Some of us have legitimate reasons to be stressed and it doesn't make us weak to seek something that could help with that.
>>
I really enjoy the taste of mojitos.
Put 8 mint leaves at the bottom of a tall thin glass, pour on top 1 full shot glass of simple syrup, and then 3/4 a shot glass of lime juice, use a muddler to squash the mint leaves. throw some ice on top followed by 1 and 1/2 shots of rum, and then top the lot with soda water.
>>
>>8214074
You gonna treat anxiety with alcohol?
Have fun with that.
>>
>>8217904
They're gonna treat anxiety with HIDDEN alcohol, anon. Even better.
>>
>>8217618
>it doesn't make us weak to seek something that could help with that.

Yeah remember all of those success stories of people who drowned their stress with alcohol

You goddamn idiots this guy is a real pro he's just gonna drink a tiny bit no way will he get used to it and want more his body is genetically superior to the rest of the human race

Fucking morons check your alcoholic privilege
>>
>>8217614
No, what a retarded question. It's called rosé because of the colour. It's made from red grapes but the process of making it is more similar to that of white wine. Usually the product doesn't feel too heavy, can be refreshing in summer.
>>
>>8214074
Amaretto
>>
>>8214074
> vegan live in nanny wants to drink girly drinks in secrecy

>california
well that explains it
>>
>>8217377
>And they've offered me drinks before but I refused because I really generally don't like alcohol.
Maybe you should've taken them up on their offer.

>I wish I could just try a sample of each of these alcoholic drinks people are recommending.
It's called a bar.
>>
>>8218205
I have no friends to go to a bar with and I'm not the best driver sober so driving drunk is definitely out of the question. And I'm too poor for taxis.
>>
>>8218513
if you're too poor to take a taxi somewhere then maybe you shouldn't be spending your money on frivolous shit like alcohol. Or maybe you should get a real job.
>>
>>8216772
Well alcohol is a depressant, but as long as you drink in moderation there will be no drastic effects.
>>
>>8218583
Read my original post you dumb shit
Depressant refers to the effect on the nervous system. It has no bearing on emotional state except for maybe one that was already present.
>>
>>8218575
Taxi seems more frivolous than something that will help me chill when I'm having an anxiety attack. And I'm not really that poor, but every time I take a taxi I regret the waste of money. I wouldn't regret it with something I enjoyed.

But yeah I thought about that actually, if it does become a habit it would be an expensive one. But I mean I bought that Mike's hard lemonade and haven't even tasted it yet because I'm saving it for a time I really need it.

And I'm a live-in nanny because it allows me flexibility so I can go to school full time, and I can't quit yet because the kids are very attached to me so I have to have a very good reason to leave them.
>>
Try cider.

I hae sstomach problems due to alcohol and cider is the onely thing that I can keep down long enough to get drunk.
>>
>>8214074
Captain Morgans rum and Dr. Pepper. Careful to not puke on it.
>>
I ended up getting a little bottle of Hpnotiq because it was the best looking thing in the little bottle section (freaking expensive though, 4.99 - IDK what I was thinking desu but I remembered back in high school my friend said it was really good so I wanna try it), and some French Vanilla Kahlua. Gonna make a vegan mudslide.
>>
>>8220276
So is desu the censor word? All I said was T B H. Now I sound like a weeaboo.
>>
>>8220305
>being this new unironically, senpai
>>
>>8216217
Exactly. Alcohol is a CNS depressant. it does not make you depressed, it merely "depresses" the function of your CNS; specifically motor skills, reaction times, and emotional response. If you are already depressed alcohol may exacerbate this issue but if you are not it will just make you slow and dopey. Alcohol can ruin your life but only if you let it, I.E. "functioning alcoholics", yuppies who go out every day after work to get sloshed with their coworkers. Drink to take the edge off by all means OP, but if you are depressed due to the nature of your career/life do not use alcohol as a crutch to feel happy or normal. Simple as that. Drinking should be fun, funny-feeling, and social. Once it feels to negative or necessary; stop or get help.
On that note, for easy tasty drinks try Malibu and coke, Smirnoff vanilla and coke, Absolut orange and cranberry, or flavored spirits like fireball or dr. mcgillicuddys. Just picture what flavors you'd like to taste in a juice and pair that with alcohol flavors. All alcohol has a burn or sting, it's unavoidable, but flavor combinations are universal.
>>
>>8216217
yeah, but, to be honest, becoming an alcoholic has made me sadder over all on account of the withdrawals. brain hyperexcitability makes me sad
>>
What's a good mixed drink for Halloween?
>>
>>8214088
>once your buzz/drunk wears off you'll feel more anxiety than you did before you drank.
False
>Drinking as a coping mechanism is a horrible slippery slope and is not worth
True
>>
File: soju.jpg (75KB, 480x810px) Image search: [Google]
soju.jpg
75KB, 480x810px
One of my favorite things to drink on the cheap is soju mixed with homemade lemonade. The little soju bottles should fit nicely in your minifridge and arent as conspicuous as large bottles of liquor. Where I am from you can get it for about $2 per 375 ml bottle.

As for what brand, just get the cheapest, it's all the same.
>>
>>8223401
Thank you. That sounds good. I'll have to remember that. I think this Kahlua is going to last me a very long time though so it will be a while before I make anymore purchases.
>>
This French Vanilla Kahlua vegan hot chocolate is so good omg. I added Silk soy creamer to it so it's extra creamy and delicious.
>>
>>8214074
>sweet but not too sweet
>actually good

RUM
U
M
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.