[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How " traditional" is cookingwithdog's recipes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

How " traditional" is cookingwithdog's recipes?
>>
>>8206898
I've tried their karaage recipe a few weeks back. Breddy gud tbqh.
>>
I dont know but I love her recipe with curry (the one that includes jelly)
I think her show is adorable so I try out a few things here and there
From what I see though much of it is sort of like western alternatives for japanese food
A lot of ingredients or tools they use to cook cannot be found in the west and that is where these recipes come from
>>
>dog isn't being cooked

not very tradition tbqh
>>
>>8206898
Why does it matter?
>>
Francis can never die.
>>
>>8207329
just genuinely curious I guess, it's my go to channel for Japanese cuisine.
>>
File: 62711_6.jpg (124KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
62711_6.jpg
124KB, 1280x853px
Feeling depressed alone on a Friday night.

Can someone post the copypasta about the woman making and eating a dish made from the corspe of Francis's body?

Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>>8207299
i make that all the time and it's glorious
>>
>>8207306
Japs serve their dogs as sashimi
>>
File: frances.gif (748KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
frances.gif
748KB, 500x299px
francis!
>>
>>8208909
>channel is 9 years old

not sure how old he was when it first started, but i think those kinds of dogs average 12-14 years old
>>
>>8206898
Only the first 2 years. Then they ran out of recipies.
>>
It's like the Japanese equivalent Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee or Rachael Ray.

It's a how to show with simple recipes for amateurs. Not bad, but not haute cuisine.
>>
So does she the cook the dog or not?
>>
>>8209487
no because it's not dead yet
fucking pleb
>>
>>8209487
I think she's Japanese, not Korean
>>
francis will die soon ;_;
>>
Other than cookingwithdog, what are some YouTube channels I should sub to?
>>
File: mdo29o1_500.jpg (73KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
mdo29o1_500.jpg
73KB, 500x567px
>>8209595

tfw you may outlive Francis
>>
>>8207299
>her show

Last time i checked Francis was the host
>>
>>8211686
almazankitchen
preparing meals in the wilderness, horrible titles but it's like meditation. the guy also has a pet owl who appears in his videos a lot
>>
>>8206898
when it dies I hope she cooks the dog into her last meal
>>
>>8206898
>another soy sauce, sake and mirin based sauce

Sometimes it is repetitive, other times just boring like how to make a bento or sushi. With fall coming up at least they do some proper hot pots and stews but don't Japanese use more than just fucking soy sauce, mirin and sake in everything?
>>
>>8212574
Sometimes wasabi.
>>
File: 1473575726774.png (620KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473575726774.png
620KB, 1000x1000px
>>8212540
>almazankitchen
>almazan
>mazan
>>
>>8212574
>don't Japanese use more than just fucking soy sauce, mirin and sake in everything?
Not really, actually.
Most of nip cuisine is boring as hell.
>>
File: 1469328590993.jpg (21KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
1469328590993.jpg
21KB, 399x295px
>>8212574
if you are looking for the variation in that you pretty much are getting into "dashi, but". Dashi stock can be made with more than just bonito, I've had clam sake. Honestly speaking though this is for people who don't know how to cook these recipes. If you want to go more traditional, try using the ingredients they have available for a variation here or there. Mushrooms and different kinds of fish broth elements are a great and unintrusive addition to most more "traditional" sauces. they also really like worshticier there as well, so don't be afraid to add that to a thing or two.

other than that, theres different kinds of soy sauce, like tamari. cooking with dog is full of great knowledge and I am not saying I am above that level yet. but it's definately for basic bitches, not an online training course in modern japanese cooking technique.
>>
>>8212639
>lost it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.