[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recipe Refinement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1476165281109.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476165281109.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
General thread for constructive criticism on any recipes posted.
>>
File: 1-lentil-soup-giant.jpg (26KB, 385x350px) Image search: [Google]
1-lentil-soup-giant.jpg
26KB, 385x350px
First up, here's my lentil soup recipe. It always turns out nice but I'm not too sure about the proportions or spices used. I toast the cumin seeds and garlic at the start to release their aromas before cooking.
250g Red Lentils - Rinsed
6 Carrots - Peeled and Diced
1 Onion - Peeled and Finely Diced
2 Garlic Cloves - Peeled and Minced
1.5 Litres Stock
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
Black Pepper – To Taste
Salt – To Taste
>>
muh recipe for ebin friday night salad:

>lettuce
>cherry tomatoes
>cucumbers
>green onions
>olives (pitted calamata)
>smoked salmon
>eggs
>salt
>vinegar
>olive oil

r8
>>
>>8205777
My mom once gave me some cumin seeds she picked up from somewhere

put them in a soup once and they were horrifyingly bad when you had the misfortune of biting into one. Are you saying that roasting them beforehand would have improved their flavor or do I just hate the taste of cumin seeds?

Ground cumin is my favorite spice btw, besides black pepper.
>>
>>8205781
Add lemon jews
>>
>>8205800
And walnuts
>>
>>8205800
been meaning to do that actually
>>8205803
is it okay if i roast them? i hate the taste of walnuts
>>
>>8205781
disgusting
>>
>>8205786
If you toast the seeds for about a minute at the bottom of the stockpot just before adding the liquid, it helps to release their aroma and flavour into the soup throughout cooking. The seeds should become soft naturally throughout the cooking process, I think you're mom was probably adding the seeds in near the end.
>>
>>8205810
it was me making the soup actually, but yeah, I think I put them in near the end

>>8205809
kys
>>
>>8205806
>is it okay if i roast them? i hate the taste of walnuts
Nigga, I'm not the nut police. Don't use them at all if you don't like them. Use pecans or slivered almonds or whatever
>>
>>8205814
i don't like them raw. roasted is fine
>>
>>8205819
Then of course. Fucking candy them you goddamn maniac
>>
>>8205820
shit i might
>>
>>8205777
Butter. It's the magic missing ingredient at the very end. Sorry, Vegans.
>>
>>8205781
Needs bacon juice. All salads do.
>>
>>8205937
How do you juice a bacon
>>
>>8205943
The bacons weep sweet juices when you cook them with heat. Be careful not to burn them or their tears become bitter. They are gentle creatures.
>>
>>8205948
Chopped bacon husks who have cried gentle tear juices also accompany salads harmoniously.
>>
File: 20161020_164351.jpg (816KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_164351.jpg
816KB, 1836x3264px
I made a nice pumpkin and pepper soup last night. I don't measure anything, so things are guesses.

Homemade turkey stock
About a half a large pumpkin, fresh not canned
4 medium red peppers, roasted in olive oil
1 can of coconut milk

About 1 tablespoon of cumin, freshly ground
4 bay leaves, shitty and old
turmeric, I have no idea how much but it was a fair bit
A few mashed up stevia leaves, fresh.
salt and pepper to taste

I really like it and I think I might make it to bring to family Christmas. Ate so much this morning I got a stomach ache. I'm not a great cook though so I know there's room for improvement.
>>
>>8206307
Roasting the pumpkin before adding to the soup might improve it. I found this improved my butternut soup, and adding some apples or pears sweetens it a bit.
>>
>>8206442
Oh I did roast it. Do people add raw pumpkin to their soup? That seems like way more work.

Apples or pears is a good idea though, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.