[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else eat loads of potatoes? Potatoes are the best food,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: potato.jpg (18KB, 814x739px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
18KB, 814x739px
anyone else eat loads of potatoes? Potatoes are the best food, those Irish were onto something.
>>
>>8204609
tatoes are pretty denk.. make sure you're getting enough magnesium if you eat a lot of them though.. roasted tatoes with pumpkin seeds can cover that for u with a nice side of spinach
>>
>>8204609
I eat a baked potato everyday for the most part
>>
>>8204609
Sure, I eat quite a lot of them in various preparation methods. Frequently with raclette or gruyere cheese and sometimes corn.
>>
GOAT poverty food, at least where I went to school in Maine potato-country. Pound for $0.99 or less, and there are a million different ways to prepare them because all the micks got tired of having them one way all the time.
Better deal than ramen 100%
>>
I cut them into rounds once, unpeeled and then shat 3" long by 1/4" ribbons.
>>
So, this thread seems like the place to ask this

>baked 6 large russet potatoes the day before yesterday with the intention of making soup
>ironically get super sick, soup didn't get made, spent yesterday and today in bed
>at this point, I'm starting to get super hungry, want to make soup
Are the potatoes still good to use? They're still in their jackets and have been refrigerated.
>>
>>8206751
are you fucking serrious

dude

as long there isn't some mad sprouting going on it's safe

you can keep taters for month
>>
>>8206751
Why the fuck are you refrigerating potatoes?
>>
>>8204609
We all love potatoes.
But its a fast-track to getting fat.
Do you want to get fat? Or are you so poor, you can only afford one potato at a time?
First world countries who can afford potatoes should be trying hard to LIMIT their consumption. Yes they taste good, and YES, they are garbage nutritionally and are a massive calorie bomb that only tastes good with loads of fat, dairy, and cheese added.
Only fat people cheerlead for potatoes.
>>
What's the quickest way to cook potatoes, including prep?
>>
>>8206870
op here, I eat my potatoes plain, also they are nutritious.

>>8206991
microwave for 4-5 minutes
>>
>>8206870
yes but some of burn through a fair amount of calories and cant afford to eat meat beans and 10 dollars worth of veggies everyday

we need some kind of fuel source, and potatoes happen to be the best tasting one
>>
>>8206991
Put it on a plate, stab some holes in it with a fork then pop it in the microwave for around 5 mins (depends how big it is)
>>
File: IMG_20161012_221229180_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_221229180_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>8206870
If you think potatoes only taste good with fat, cheese and dairy, then maybe the reason you're a fat fuck is because you only eat them with fat, cheese and dairy you, fat fuck.

Pic related, baked french fries with salt and Cajun seasoning.
>>
>>8206784
Can you fucking read? They said they were COOKED, not raw, dumbass.
>>
>>8207002
Sounds reasonable. Potatoes can be grown on very small plots of land with large amounts of production.
>>
>>8206870
you are really dumb
>>
>>8206870
>american detected
>>
>>8204609
I just like them because they're cheap and keep for fairly long in the fridge. I never do anything fancy with them though. Usually just bake with salt and season.
>>
Potatoes are Peruvian dipshit. Must everything be whitewashed?
>>
Mashed is my favourite.
Mix in mustard seeds and you're golden. Sour cream or milk if you're feeling extra cosy. Otherwise, drizzle gravy or herbs.

>>8206870
>garbage nutritionally
They are literally the most nutrient rich, covering most nutrients, vegetables. Take one look at the nutrient values of one serve of potato compared to absolutely anything else.
>>
>>8206991
Sliced, raw, with a small amount of salt.
Poverty tier comfort food.
>>
>>8207151
Tell me how to make these bud so I can impress my girlfriend by making something other than grilled cheese
>>
>>8204609
Some Prussian king thought that potatoes were the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>>
File: shiba_inu.jpg (53KB, 564x564px)
shiba_inu.jpg
53KB, 564x564px
I love potatos, but every time they're mentioned my mind goes to that cheesy potatoes video.

https://youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY

It will never leave my mind.
>>
>>8208798
Cut the potato into French fry shapes, as you see in the picture no thicker than the width of a finger nail. Then soak them in a pot of water for 20 minutes. This ensures that the potato gets crispy on the outside will maintaining at softness on the inside. Then dry potatoes on a washcloth.Then season them with the appropriate spices, I do salt little bit of pepper and the Cajun seasoning spice, if you don't have that just use and paprica. Also make sure to put all of oil on it as well, just grease your hands up with it and rub it all over the fries.

bake at temperature 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes and then bring the temperature up to 425 for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
>>
>>8209334
Sorry for typos talk to text on phone. Olive oil btw.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.