[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foods that /ck/ cut out entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: 7dbx6vcoo1ex.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7dbx6vcoo1ex.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
I don't eat chips or ice cream anymore.

It's a food addiction that puts deep cuts in my pockets and I got kinda tired of it.

Doritos used to be my favorite chips and I'd buy maybe 2 bags a day? A sometimes family size and finish it off in one sitting. That's just way too much. I have no self control, obviously. Even now, I crave Doritos, but it's been about 2 years since I've eaten them.

Of course, I have workarounds. Like, I eat kettle chips but not often. And I eat frozen yogurt.

What foods have you permanently cut from your diet?
>>
soda/pop

literally liquid junk food
>>
>>8203103
I don't do fast food or snack food anymore, and very rarely eat cheese.
>>
fried foods.

But, damn I do love me some corn chips, with pico and guac.
>>
>>8203103
I cut out anything with added sugar.
Changed my life.

I'm currently in the process of cutting out added oil, and figuring out how to bake/cook without it.
This one's a bit more complicated than the sugar, but it's coming along nicely.
>>
Soda, then eventually all caffeine.
>>
Bread and sandwiches.

Not for keto or any anti carb or starch reason. I eat rice every god damn day.

But it just seems like a waste in my diet: two 80 calorie slices and a slice of cheese. Not even one full sandwich and that's already 240 calories.

A stir fry and 100g of chicken thigh is more filling, nutritious, and has less calories than two sandwiches.
>>
Sandwiches. I eat breakfast and dinner at home and a loaf of bread sticks around long enough to grow mold.

Snacks. If I'm eating it's mealtime.

Fruit. Expensive and high-calorie.

Desserts. Ditto.

Some weeks I bail on milk and cereal/granola and just eat yogurt for breakfast.
>>
>>8203139
This
>>
File: 1476728982888.png (243KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
1476728982888.png
243KB, 630x354px
>>8203123
>I cut out anything with added sugar.
>Changed my life.
How's that? Interested as fuck senpai.
>>
>>8203145
>>8203216
Calories aren't bad. Not exercising is bad.
>>
>>8203235
I exercise plenty, but I like to limit myself to only 1,800 calories per day.

It's my "sedentary" TDEE, but I find it to be a good safe limit.
>>
>>8203225
>How's that?
A few ways.
First, I started feeling a lot healthier.
I feel like I eat the same amount of food, but I've lost a noticeable amount of weight.
I had a lot of cravings in the first month I was consistent about it, so I realized it was working a lot like an addiction... but after the first month I stopped craving so much. And after a few months, I noticed a big change - my palette changed. I get the same amount of satisfaction from a piece of moderately sweet fruit that I used to get from candy and soda. When I bake something that I want to be sweet, I add a few dates or a banana to it, and it seems perfectly sweet to me. Sweet things that I used to like seem nauseatingly sweet to me now, so I don't even struggle with them now. A mango is an amazing treat.
I also seem to have a lot more energy now - I don't know if that's all directly from not eating added sugar, it's probably from the fact that I just get a lot more nutrients now that my "sweets" are loaded with vitamins and minerals. Because of this, and because I'm inspired by the first consistent weight loss I've ever had, I've started exercising regularly for the last month. I've never been excited to get up and go for a run or lift some weights before this, but I really do wake up ready to go now.
It also cut down on my grocery bill. Since sugar is in so much processed food, I had to really up my cooking game, and now I make nearly all of my own food and have found that cooking from whole foods can be notably cheaper if done right.

I wish I had done it years ago.
>>
>>8203103
I feel you. 3-4 years ago I used to drink around 3 litres of peach nestea every day. It's smell makes me wanna puke now. It's so sweet and artificial, how I was my body able to handle that much sugar?

I also gave up all fizzy and sweet drinks,hitty junk food such as crisps and chocolate bars. Also white bread.
Looking for some cool pasta with some nutritional values, any recommendations?
>>
>>8203103
>puts deep cuts in my pockets
>crisps and ice cream

Fuck me, exactly how fucking much of a fat cunt are you?
>>
Milk
>>
I haven't cut things out completely, but I've done a better job of eating them in moderation. I barely eat desert anymore, I certainly don't eat junk food or candies, but once a month or so I'll have a few bites of someones desert.
>>
>>8203244

>This post brought to you by the 'Aspartame is perfectly safe and sugar is evil' campaign.
>>
File: 1474527041721.png (231KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474527041721.png
231KB, 400x400px
>>8203269
>you're automatically fat if you eat a lot of junk food
>>
>>8203269
this, of course, is an assumption that I'm not a poorfag college student with a low budget to begin with
>>
>>8203103
> Even now, I crave Doritos, but it's been about 2 years since I've eaten them.
If you enjoy them so much, why would you stop? Why would you deny yourself something that obviously brings you so much pleasure?
>>
>>8203278
Whole foods, brother.
I don't use artificial sweeteners either, never have.

I really don't need my food to be as sweet as they would make it either.

Sweeten my baked goods with dates or bananas. I eat whole fruit if I want a sweet snack. Mainly, I don't need sweet food in general.
>>
I eat fast food twice a week, which I'm really ashamed about but other than that I eat absolutely no sugar.
>>
>>8203299
>fast food
>absolutely zero sugar

Duuuude, fries??
>>
>>8203330
>Mom, what does "other than that" mean???
>>
>>8203103
Coffee

My dad would drink 2+ large mugs of the stuff a day and it felt like he was dependent on it. I didn't want to end up doing that as well so I stopped drinking the stuff.
>>
>>8203339
>Mom, what does "absolutely" mean???
>>
>>8203360
It means something that is true as part of the clause it's in.
>>
>>8203365
ok

Btw you're still in taking shit ton of sugar, so you might as well just eat it all :^)
>>
>>8203359
>I didn't want to end up doing that as well so I stopped drinking the stuff.

Coffee is really good for you. I only drink 16 oz of it a day. And I'm fine with that. But it has changed my life. I have much more energy and feel 100% better. Don't give up on coffee. If you feel like a zombie, give coffee therapy a try.

I think my blood pressure was too low, and my body was inflamed and I had sleep apnea. Coffee/caffeine cured all that.
>>
>>8203292
Well, because I just... I can't. It's too much temptation to just eat them all the time.

No self control, remember?
>>
>>8203367
37.5 grams of sugar is the amount of daily intake which comes out as 224 grams per week. Average daily intake for a US adult is near to 70 grams.

Even with all the fast food I ingest maximum 40g a week.
>>
>>8203278
>this post brought to you by aspergers
>>
Basically anything that contains large quantities of artificial sugars or unsaturated fats. So no fast food, soda, deep-fried food, chocolate, candy, butter, full-fat milk or most cheeses.
I'm starting to reduce the amount of grains and starchy carbs I consume in favour of more light vegetables and proteins, but I never want to remove them completely. I love my porridge and lentil soup too much for that.
>>
>>8203292
>Why would you deny yourself something that obviously brings you so much pleasure?
Because being a lardass brings you less pleasure in the long run. Being able to distinguish between instant and delayed gratification is what separates adults from children.
>>
>>8203469
This is very true.

No matter how much I tell myself:
>it's just one bag
>i can start again tomorrow
>getting healthier food would be too tasking

I realize that I want to live to a nice age and look sexy doin' it
>>
Any and all desserts/pastries/sweets.
>>
>>8203103
Chocolate, candy, sweets in general.
>>
>>8203385
Dear lord, that's why they're all obese.

Realistically 7g of sugar daily is the most you should have, more than that and you're getting pretty unhealthy. I should clarify too, I mean processed sugar. Eat as much fruit as you want, but candy is terrible for you.

Also, sugar is an addiction. The same receptors fire off in your brain when you eat a ton of sugar as when you shoot up with some heroin.
>>
SUGAR IS PERFECTLY HEALTHY WHO IS PAYING YOU SHILLS WHY IS CTR ON /CK/ DAVID ICKE WAS RIGHT
>>
>>8203109
Fuck i wish i could do this

Now im gonna eliminate the tortilla from my diet i think not unsafe food has been fucking me i think it's either tortillas or lard or something
>>
I cut out pretty much all sugar besides for yogurt and nature Valley granola bars. I eat potato chips probably 5 times a year. I do eat tortilla chips fairly often, maybe twice a month.

I have a soda maybe 3 times a year. I haven't had any ice cream in like 3 years.

I eat Popeyes once a year in January. Very excited to eat it again.
>>
Red meat and pork. They made me feel bloated and lethargic.

I'm working on cutting out HFCS and processed sugar products.
>>
>>8203278

but this is true
>>
>>8203244
The only sugar I eat regularly is lactose, from skim milk and skim yogurt.
I avoid fruit and sweets of all kinds. Fruit is junk food. Raw cabbage provides the nutrients of fruit without the sugar. In fact most vegetables probably do.
>>
>>8203844
>Raw cabbage provides the nutrients of fruit without the sugar. In fact most vegetables probably do.
True. And I do eat more vegetables than fruit. Whole fruit has simply replaced sugary snacks for my occasional sweet treats, which I desire less now than when I ate sugar.

>Fruit is junk food.
Absolutely false. I wouldn't recommend living off of lots of fruit, but whole fruit contains considerable amounts of vitamins, minerals, and fiber per calorie, making it much more beneficial than anything that could reasonably be labeled as "junk food".
>>
>>8203882
a high fruit diet will cause the same nutritional problems has a high candy diet. In short, fruit = lots of cavities!
>>
>>8203905
>a high fruit diet will cause the same nutritional problems has a high candy diet
Again, I am not talking about a high fruit diet.

Also, a high candy diet contributes to
>high rates of obesity and all the increased diseases that come with it
>high rates of diabetes
>high rates of the cancers and various diseases that come from low fiber intake
>high rates of diseases associated with a whole list of nutritional deficiencies, since candy generally does not provide the vast amounts of vitamins and minerals that fruits can

Nowhere am I saying that people should live primarily off of fruit. Again, fruit is a replacement for the sweet I used to get from candy and soda, and I crave sweetness far less than I used to. But to claim that fruit has the same nutritional problems as candy is just silly. The nutritional knowledge level on this board often astounds me.
>>
>>8203103
For about 8 years I did not eat:
>anything deep fried
>soda (unless combined with rum)
>energy drinks (unless combined with vodka)
>any beverage with sugar added (see above)
>anything carbonated (see above)
>candy
>confections
>sweets of practically any kind regardless of special occasions (fuck your shit birthday cake)
>rice
>pasta
>potatoes
Did:
>did my best to avoid excess bread
>avoided cheese
>minimal butter and oil (over priced olive oils)
>lots of fish, clams, scallops, shrimp
>piles of carrots
>steamed vegetables by the pound
>salads the size of my head
>whole avocados with breakfast or snacks
>steak, steak, and more steak
>bbq almost every other day in the summer
>shit tons of fruit (especially grapefruit and pomegranate)

I finally let most of that slide and I just try to be moderate and well balanced these days.
At that point I was working out as much as an Olympic athlete, calisthenics and agility drills in the morning, lifting 5 days a week in the evening, running 3 days a week (6-12 miles), biking to and from work 15 miles, and actually did a few marathons.
>>
>>8203244
>When I bake something that I want to be sweet, I add a few dates or a banana to it, and it seems perfectly sweet to me.
Ah, so when something's not sweet enough, you add sugar. Yep, makes sense

Anyway, congrats on your palette change. Dunno what painting's got to do with /ck/ but whatever
>>
>>8204021
Eh, palate, you know what I mean.

>so when something's not sweet enough, you just add sugar
>because refined sugar, spiking your blood sugar levels, providing high calories with no nutritional benefit...
>is the same as adding smaller amount of fructose bound to fiber with a whole host of vitamins and minerals

Alright then.
>>
>>8203103
>File: 7dbx6vcoo1ex.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080)
> Foods that /ck/ cut out entirely Anonymous 10/20/16(Thu)13:43:30 No.8203103▶>>8203110 >>8203123 >>8203256 >>8203269 >>8203292 >>8203359 >>8203527 >>82039

Cmon this is an easy one homie, cut out the grain. Wheat, rice, corn, barley, oats, all are grain, seeds of a grass plant. Cut em out and you have a normal German-style meat and potatoes diet, real easy like.

Also gets rid of most any problem with diabetes, obesity, fatigue...
>>
>>8204269

Forgot to add, in the same spirit of reducing your blood sugar, I only drink diet sodas, and avoid sugar as a rule of thumb (i try for 5g or less, like one third a bar of dark chocolate) every day.

Cheating consists of beer, otherwise i can booze with what i want.

Makes the fat melt right off of you. Also, consider this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html?_r=0

Its coming out more and more mainstream that the sugar industry themselves co-opted the academic community and perveted the formation of the food pyramid. Fat is good, meat is the base, roots and starchy stuff are ok in moderation, grains are shit poison, and sugar from othersources (fruit, cane, etc) should be kept to bare minimum.

Pretty sure next jump is realizing that keto is not a "diet state" but our actual ideal living condition.
>>
>>8203964
>fruit is a replacement for the sweet I used to get from candy and soda

use artificial sweeteners. not fruit. aspartame works.
>>
>>8203103
For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>8203244
Fuck nigga I wish this was me but with my work hours, I can't afford to cook home often.
>>
>>8204299
>diet soda

ayy lmao you're a fucking dumb. that shit is worse for you than regular soda. enjoy your cancer you stupid ass
>>
>>8203795
Go to churchs instead
>>
>>8204778
and get the honey glazed biscuits
>>
>>8204269
>cut out all the grains

How stupid are you?
>>8204299
>diet soda
Never mind, you answered the question for me!
>>
Meat, sugary food, processed food and dairy. Dairy because I hate having to shit liquid all day.
>>
>>8203241
That's awfully low, even for an office worker. Unless you can't afford it, you should eat more and exercise more.
Unless you're a girl, that's fine then.
>>
>>8205420
It's really not. For somebody walking from their front door to a car, car to office then back again you burn surprisingly little.
>>
I mostly avoid vegetables because they yucky. I like potatoes prepared as fries though.
>>
>>8204052
Recent studies actually show exactly that.
>>
File: Pork-Loin.jpg (124KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pork-Loin.jpg
124KB, 1000x1000px
>>8205420
>That's awfully low
Not when you're a 5ft 7in (170cm) manlet.

When you only require so much energy, at least one protein-rich meal each day becomes necessary.
>>
Nothing. I exercise.
>>
>>8205420
I bulk on 1800
>>
>>8203103
I usually avoid ice cream entirely. It is just pure saturated fat. I have some when I go out once in a blue moon, but the most I'll opt for is frozen yogurt.

I really don't eat a whole lot of candy. Been eating a bit more on campus due to just getting something to "hold me over" but I usually avoid it. I never feel good after eating candy.

I realized that my pallette is fried again since I had a cup of sencha and I couldn't really taste it, so I'm trying to cut back on soda. I had done so before, but when I moved out of my parents I picked up drinking soda again.
>>
>>8205766
Yeah, also a sedentary manlet here and my target is 1650/day
>>
I was on a diet for a while and lost some weight, but I never understood the whole "eating less/cutting out x,y, and z, changed my whole life!" rhetoric I hear about all the time. It never happened to me. Just like how /fit/ told me exercising was the surefire cure for my depression but that didn't happen.

It usually just comes off as Holier-Than-Thou posturing.
>>
>>8203103
Nothing, I just regulate intake

I guess I don't eat as much candy as I did as a kid but that's just due to changing tastes
>>
ITT: all of my favorite food
>>
>>8206557
more like all the food
>no sugar
>no fat
>no carbs
>"ohh I feel so fucking amazing now, please notice me"

damn man, wtf is wrong with people
>>
>>8205886
It cures mild to moderate depression. It really does work for most people. A steady exercise regime and better nutrition helps most people feel better day to day.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.