[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scrambled Eggs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: How-to-Scramble-Eggs[1].jpg (78KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
How-to-Scramble-Eggs[1].jpg
78KB, 960x720px
I need some decent recipes for scrambled eggs; specifically, measurements.

I can make these things, and understand I can add basically anything I want, but no matter how much of anything I DO add, it still tastes completely bland.

Maybe I'm just used to the eggs I used to get from my abuelos. My abuelo raises chickens and I used to get fresh free-range eggs from them all the time. They've stopped producing recently and I had to go back to store-bought.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.
>>
>>8200549
You're not adding enough salt and pepper.

As for additives, I love scallions in mine.
>>
Your favorite hot sauce
Put some milk in before you put it in the pan
>>
>>8200549
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PUP7U5vTMM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>8200549
Measurements? Well, that totally depends on how many eggs you're using.
You wrote a nice little story there about how you used to get fresh eggs, but that doesn't really help.
>what kind/brand of eggs are you using
>how many eggs
>what do you add currently
>when do you add it
>what temp do you cook your eggs at
>where do you live so someone who's familiar with that area might help you find better eggs
>>
>>8200558
https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0
>>
Per egg, at least ten grams of butter and one gram of salt.
>>
>>8200556
>Put some milk in before you put it in the pan

You disgust me. Get out.
>>
>>8200549
Skip the milk and add a tbsp or two of water to 3 eggs, beat, s&p, minced shallot. Wa la
>>
>>8200549
Just put some sour cream on that shit
>>
Not bad, but you're forgetting the tossed salad.
>>
>>8200568
*maybe not that much water, I eyeball it. Tsp or two would probably be more appropriate, and season at the end
>>
File: if only.png (510KB, 1144x881px) Image search: [Google]
if only.png
510KB, 1144x881px
>>8200578
>>
>>8200549
i just whip together 2 or 3 eggs and eyeball some milk. after i cook them i sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, then splash on a healthy dose of cholula. i eat it with toast, black coffee, and ice water. 8/10 good breakfast.
>>
>>8200549
Usually I scramble eggs in about a tablespoon of butter, maybe a little olive oil as well if I have more than 4 eggs.

My Go-To (I eat eggs daily usually for lunch or dinner) is a bit of salt, bit of peppa, and a shake-a shake-a cayenne pepper.

You probably just need to add a bit more salt, I admit even I fuck it up and think I'm adding too much and end up not adding enough.
>>
>>8200549
>crack three eggs in a bowl
>pour in a splash of extra whites
>put diced ham in bowl
>put shredded cheese in bowl
>microwave for three minutes
>mix until everything is evenly cooked

that how i make mine every morning, feel free to use my method if you want
>>
A little heavy cream, pepper and garlic salt goes a long way. Also a bit of sugar
>>
>>8200549

use tumeric, adobo, msg, and hot sauce to spice it
>>
>>8200549
A little milk, salt, and pepper. It should never be bland
>>
Add paprika you fucking nigger
>>
For whatever reason you wanted to say "abuelo" make some huevos rancheros you fucking spic.
>>
>>8201634
What the fuck man
>>
>>8200618
>Cholula
I swear this is THE best hot sauce for eggs.
>>
>>8200563
Is creme fraiche is necessary?
>>
>>8200549
are eggs slang for testicles like balls are north of the wall?
>>
>>8200549
heat some fat
fry up some green peppers in the fat
in the mean time beat the eggs in a bowl, add some crushed feta cheese to the mixture and then some sweet red pepper(spice), black pepper and a little salt (the cheese is salty enough)
then add the eggs to the pan and fry until they're at the constistency you want

wa-la
>>
>Oil
>In Pan
>Eggs
>In Pan
>Pan hot
>Stir eggs
>Salt
>Done
Thank me later.
>>
>>8202114
<iframe width="512" height="288" src="https://secure.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=qAmKwON_X_XAvS_Ite2hzQ&partner=southpark&sourceUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsouthpark.cc.com%2Fclips%2Fc3ikdi%2Fcafeteria-fraiche&embed_age_gate_intro=false&enable_mature_intro=false" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/c3ikdi/cafeteria-fraiche
>>
egg not hard make
just put in pan and eat
good ok? no harrd
>>
>>8200549
PAN
>>
>>8202296
what's he making there
croutons?
>>
>>8200549
>a lot of butter
>add eggs
>add salt
>add peper

don't let them fry for too long or your eggs will be dry
>>
More butter, more salt, more pepper.
>>
>>8202296
>scrambled eggs
>pic not related
Retard.
>>
>>8202296
HOT
>>
My wife turns heat on high. Dumps a few eggs in there, lets them sit until they are burned to the pan but it's okay because it's cast iron and that is how you cook eggs. Once they are charred and stuck to the pan, dump in way too much pepper, salt and mayo. Try to mix the charred pieces of egg around and scrape it onto a plate with a metal spoon. Then add white bunny bread that was in the oven with the oven off half the time and try to spread 2 table spoons of hard, cold butter onto it and put that on the plate. Next, mix stale dried out ground coffee beans with some luke warm water and strain them out after one minute and pour it into a cup and add an equal cup of vanilla creamer and 4 tablespoons sugar. Voila. Breakfast is done. I hate my fucking life.
>>
>>8202330
Your wife is salty and pretending those are her eggs because that would be a better use of them them than bringing more of your godforesaken spawn into the world.

Trust me, she hates you, but she hates herself for settling for you even more.
>>
>>8200549
just buy better eggs you cunt
add a tablespoon of milk,salt,pepper
and cook entirely on low heat since you you slop will fuck em up otherwise
>>
File: hqdefault (10).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (10).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>8202329
CRÈME FRAÎCHE
>>
>>8202330
Bwahahaha fucking outstanding
>>
>>8202296
NICE
>>
>>8202114
From my experience the taste of the creme fraiche is pretty noticeable in the final product so I would say yes. Sour cream would achieve the same cooling affect but it would taste pretty different.
>>
>>8202114
I can honestly yes it is. Like the other anon said you could add sour cream in a pinch but you don't get that same velvety consistency nor the taste.
>>
File: IMG_6591.jpg (85KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6591.jpg
85KB, 800x500px
>>8202330
>>
>>8202296
You couldn't at least find a pic of him making eggs? Like the slaughtered meme you responded to? Lazy shit

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 20160221_201005.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160221_201005.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>8202356
>Wife Spotted
>>
>>8200565
>>8200556
What's the consensus on milk im scrambled eggs? My mom swears on it but my brother thinks it's for plebeians.
>>
>>8201720
Not that dude, but if you arent eating microwaved omelettes, youre doing something wrong
>>
>>8203748
I don't put much, I just put enough to make it a bit fluffier. Doesn't really change the taste at all
>>
>>8203748
Can be worth doing if you want fluffy, fully cooked scrambled eggs. Absolutely not if you want creamy, French style scrambled eggs, you'd just be watering down the richness.
>>
My family thinks I'm weird for squirting in some ketchup while I'm whisking the eggs. I think it makes them taste really nice.
>>
>>8203748
i put in a little cream to get them fluffier.
>>
>>8203748

They become very forgiving with a bit of milk/cream/water. So I turn the heat up high, scramble the fuck out of them and be done in 30 seconds.
>>
>>8203748
I do it because that's the way I was taught, haven't experimented with other ways, which I should
>>
>>8200554
people who don't cook have no idea how much salt is in everything and that they really like salt.

salt even makes desserts taste better.

of course there is a limit, but no salt usually equals bland
>>
Try it with half a cup of crumbled feta per two eggs (I use large eggs so bear that in mind), pepper to taste, maybe some chives if you can get it fresh, fry them with butter rather than oil, if you're looking for some kick I'd suggest maybe a bit of Worcester sauce rather than hot sauces, or some decent balsamic

The feta gives it a slighty different texture, and a lovely flavour combined with the pepper. It's my go-to brekkie
>>
i fry up some peppers n onions then scramble 3 eggs with a bit of salt n pepper then top it off with a splash of tomittalla salsa and some super hot sauce. takes like 10 mins to make and its tasty and filling :)
>>
how do you need a "recipe" for scrambled eggs? crack eggs into a bowl, add pepper, stir them up really hard, add salt, then pour them into a hot pan that's been liberally coated with butter. slap them around until they're the desired consistency and you're done
>>
>>8205005
The salt breaks down the eggs if you use it before.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.