[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pozole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: pozole.jpg (271KB, 1024x806px) Image search: [Google]
pozole.jpg
271KB, 1024x806px
Pozole
>>
Pozole
>>
>>8200340
I asked this in another thread but never got a reply. Maybe you can help. If I want to use the dried large corn kernels like they do traditionally instead of canned hominy, what should I ask for in the Mexican market?
>>
File: sheldon-cooper.jpg (42KB, 492x656px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon-cooper.jpg
42KB, 492x656px
>>8200340
>>
>>8200340
>No es verde
Idiota!
>>
What can I use instead of hominy when I make pozole I love everything about this shit except the hominy
Texture of it just disgusts me
>>
>>8200436
dried hominy.

It'd be with the dry beans.
>>
>>8200340
Pozole is god tier soup. One of my top three mexican foods.
>>
>>8200340
I hate how when you refridgerate it it becomes gelatonous, grosses me out

Or maybe my senpai uses a weird recipe
>>
>>8200603
Then it's not pozole.
Find another soup.
>>
>>8200613
Are you insane? Have you lost your goddamn mind? That "gelatinous" texture when it's cold is exactly what you FUCKING WANT in most soups. That means it had a nice rich bone broth. Nutritious, delicious, and better in every way. Believe me, if you tasted some made with plain store bought broth or shitty quick-made broth, you'd understand that your "senpai" know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>8200624
sorry, dont need to get mad

when my familia (better?) brings it over for xmas I have some but I cant get into leftover pozole
>>
>>8200638
You're supposed to heat it up again senpai not eat it cold and gelatinous.
>>
>>8200657
i know that, Im not retarded

but scooping it out and plopping it on the stove is too much so I just let someone else take it home
>>
File: 1438470230233.jpg (19KB, 242x320px) Image search: [Google]
1438470230233.jpg
19KB, 242x320px
>>8200613
heat it up you moron
>>
>>8200657
C'mon, who doesn't like savory, spiced jelly?
>>
>>8200674
see
>>8200669
>>
>>8200669
just how fucking lazy are you
>>
>>8200700
*sigh*

If you read my previous posts i dont care about actually reheating something, I'll easily do that but the process of scooping out the jello pozole onto the stove grosses me out too much so I dont bother
>>
>>8200704
Since I use homemade stock for all my stews and soups, every one of them gels in the refrigerator, dude. Suggest you strap on a pair, man up, and get on the train to Flavortown.
>>
>>8200789
k
>>
Pozole is nothing compared to menudo.

I do find it funny though that fresh cabbage is acceptable in pozole, but not in menudo.

I make my menudo fresh once a month. It's fucking god tier and better than any I've ever had in a restaurant.

You gotta have the Pata with it though. You fucking gotta.
>>
>>8200789
You're either a woman, a faggot, or a mixture of both.

A waggot?

Either wsy, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>8200614
Wrong. There is a corn and bean version of pozol
>>
>>8200827
Migas de Hueso is better than both
>>
>>8200934
I don't know what that is, but I'm going to assume you're just shitposting.

The only thing better than menudo is menudo reheated the next day.
>>
>>8200935
It's a regional Mexican dish that focuses on the stock such as Ramen
>>
am I missing something here? menudo seems extremely similar to pozole
>>
>>8201073
Menudo is cow stomach, pozole is corn nuts.
>>
>>8200340
man I love pozole, I haven't eaten that shit in years, it's kind of hard to find the right corn were I live
>>
>>8200436
just get some white dried maize and soak it in lye and water then rinse it a few times.
>>
>>8201073
Same thing, but different meats, which is actually a huge difference in terms of flavor profile.

Menudo is the better taste, but pozole is more accessible, especially for people who can't stomach tripe.

>fucking pun intended
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.