[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

weird but good snausage recis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

i have two things of these snausages and was wondering if anyone had some good or even weird but good recipes. they can link me to or give me or tell me what to do with them outside of the original pair with noodles/lasagna
>>
>>8197283
I was actually considering making a sausage egg and cheese sandwich later tonight, OP
>>
>>8197316
ooo that sounds good. would provolone go best with snausage?
>>
>>8197283
I always eat those with fried potatoes/hominy.
>>
Those snausages would work quite well in some macaroni and cheese, or perhaps mixed with baked beans, or on a bun with mustard and relish
>>
>>8197283
Prepare them the same as you would with lil' smokeys. I prefer to use equal parts grape jelly and hienz chili sauce with the sliced sausage all thrown in the slow cooker on low for a couple hours to heat through. Serve with mac and cheese and cornbread and you got a dank meal my man
>>
>>8197377
thanks for the suggestion. i will devo try that. how much of the jelly/chili sauce should i use? enough so theyre swimming or just enough so that they're covered
>>
>>8197283
Slice and heat in a pan on low to render out some fat. turn up heat and add onion, garlic sliced colored bell pepper and fresh green beans. then sliced mushrooms after sausage browns and veggies cook.

retarded easy and tasty.
>>
File: 1469152221589.png (149KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469152221589.png
149KB, 417x405px
>>8197327

>provolone
>sausage sandwich
>>
>>8197327
No clue. I'm just going to go with American cheese I picked up from the deli over the weekend. If it works well enough, I'll try and make one in the morning.
>>
>>8197393
dont look at me like that man, i have like no snausage knowledge. have mercy on me
>>
>>8197283
Good in red beans and rice too. Red beans simmered with green pepper, onions, garlic, cayenne and circles of the sausage. Serve over rice in a bowl.
>>
Make red beans and rice or some kind of crappy boxed jambalaya rice and slice it up and throw it in
>>
>>8197283
I really like them cut up in Zataran's cheese jambalaya.
>>
>>8197283

baked beans, snausage, mustard+worcestershire+tabasco

mix it all on up
>>
>>8197283
I used to get these all the time, senpai.
Never bothered to do anything with them but cut them into half inch slices and eat them after microwaving for 45 seconds.

I did try the hot/spicy reddish one and cut it into slices for breakfast with eggs, but it was too greasy to enjoy.

>Appreciate the simplicity of these bad boys
>>
>>8197283
>all these replies
>not one person suggested deep-drying

score the outside a bit to let out any pressure, then just deep-dry that sucker for a few minutes. Comes out softer, with a crispy skin, and the deep-frying really adds flavour.
>>
>>8197283
Not weird but I use the drippings/fond immediately to cook my veggies in if I'm making it for dinner. Collards, cabbage, spinach, add some garlic and you're good to go.
>>
>>8197283
This is my go-to recipe for sauerkraut
http://chadogroup.com/oma/sauerkraut/
Made with fried onions and shredded apple and potato.
I put two of those horse cocks on top and bake it up, yum.

Try it if you like kraut, this has been my fav for years.
>>
>>8198785
Forgot to mention, use good kraut. I get the good imported German stuff for a reasonable price from the Grocery Outlet. If you can't get that, use a good refrigerated kraut. Don't get Bubbies, though. It's mostly water.
Fucking Jews, /pol/ was right again.
>>
>>8197283
Get together with a group of friends and take turns seeing who can fit the most sausage up their ass. Loser has to eat it.
>>
Euro living in US here.
They're pretty similar to the sort of smoked sausages we use back home for pea soup, so that's what I do with it.

Split peas, yellow or green (depending on personal preference: I like green but my mother pledges fealty to yellow), 250g/half pound
Ham bone, 500g/1lb
>since I can't find ham bones for sale in the US short of buying a whole ham, I've taken to using Goya ham stock powder instead)
Water, 2litres/quarts or so plus extra for the potatoes
Potato, 500g or so
Cooking fat, 1-2tbsp
Onion, minced, 1 average size
Sausage, diced, 3/4 of one Hillshire package (save the other quarter for a sausage sandwich later in the week or something)
Salt, as needed

Boil the peas and ham bone (if using) in the water until broken and reduced to about 1L of total volume then remove from the pot and discard the bone.
Cube the potatoes then steam or parboil until nearly done then drain and set aside.
Place the oil, onion and sausage in a saucepan and salt generously then set to high heat.
When fragrant, top off with the cooked split peas.
When beginning to simmer, add the potatoes and boil until just done.
Adjust salt to taste (or add the ham stock powder instead) and serve. Makes four portions.
>>
>>8197647
You use that same kind? You could do yourself a huge favor and use some andouille sausage instead.

>>8198785
>>8198798
Glad someone brought it up, OP. I generally use the same brand but get Kielbasa for kraut, but this smoked sausage will work just fine.

You could also just cut them to bun length and throw them on a grill like a bratwurst. Slather on some spicy or stone ground mustard and maybe some sauteed onions.
>>
Char your sausage on the grill or in a pan, rest it, slice it up, add it to some pasta (I usually use rotini), throw in a bunch of cut up cherry or grape tomatoes and blanched broccoli then mix in a bunch of Italian dressing, eat chilled WA LA
>>
>>8200328
Good god, where are you in the US? The only place you wouldn't be able to find hamhocks in the US would be the twin cities, Hipsterburgh and Veganville.
>>
>>8197561
Did this last night. Pretty decent.
>>
>>8200328
thank you anon, saved. this will be lovely for the winter months
>>
>>8200727
I'm that guy, actually, checking the board intermittently as I work and watch TV.
I can get ham hocks easily. Ham hock is not the same as ham bone, though. Two very, very different tastes. Both delicious, but not interchangeable. I use the Goya ham stock powder because it's somewhat similar to homemade (less the texture), but I prefer Knorr ham stock cubes. However, the Knorr ones seem very, very hard to come by in the US while the Goya powder is everyfuckingwhere.

>>8200802
Welcome. I whipped some up for dinner because I had one of those sausages in the freezer.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.