[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i got a pressure cooker, what are some decent recipes that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: INSP-L.jpg (197KB, 1443x1500px) Image search: [Google]
INSP-L.jpg
197KB, 1443x1500px
So i got a pressure cooker, what are some decent recipes that actually use the pressure cooker part and aren't just slow cooking something for a day and a half?
>>
Any recipe that you'd normally simmer or boil in a pot, only it takes 1/3 the time (roughly).
>>
>>8196300
Yeah, made Rendang Beef curry in it a few times, more curious about bulk recipes to make once or twice a week since I'm lazy as fuck, but are reasonably dense ie not stews and that sort of stuff.
>>
>>8196331
The problem is that there are literally too many things to suggest.

Just about any kind of soup, stew, tomato-based pasta sauce, chili, curry, etc. could be done.

Also: stews can be as thick or as runny as you want. Just adjust the amount of liquid you add.
>>
Beans anything
Also great for getting the marrow out of bones for stock
Oh and shredded beef
>>
>>8196336
True; you wouldn't happen to know anything decent I could do in the cooker that is protein and vege heavy that is cheap and cheerful?
>>8196352
>Shredded beef
How so?
>>
>>8196362
>>Shredded beef
>How so?

Cook beef in liquid for a long time till it falls apart. Same principle as shredded chicken or pulled pork.
>>
>>8196300
This. All those delicious stews and sauces based around tough cuts of meat can be made in under an hour on a Tuesday night, instead of only on a weekend when you have time on your hands. For example:

Pasta sauce made from olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, lamb shank (or pork neck bones) and tomatoes. Finish not under pressure with fresh rosemary for a few minutes.

Split pea or red lentil soup in under 20 min. Just keep the cooker under half full so splatter has no chance of clogging the valves (which would be bad).

Red cooked pork - shoulder meat cooked with garlic, ginger, scallion, star anise, sugar, soy sauce, cinnamon and a little water. Use cooking liquid to sauce the pork served over rice with a green vegetable.

Dried beans any night in about 30 min without soaking beforehand. Or less with a one hour quick soak.

Chicken stock in just over 20 min.
>>
>>8196371
What's a good cooking sauce/liquid for pulled chicken or beef?
>>
>>8196395
some kind of whiskey and tomato based sauce with honey or mollasses for sweetness
>>
pressure cooker or rice cooker?
>>
>>8196473
I have both and use them regularly.
>>
make sure to add a little veggie oil to whatever your cooking, and to oil where the metal meets the silicon gasket.. makes everything so much easier.
>>
I pre-soak lentils, then cook them with some chopped carrots in the pressure cooker before each meal. It cooks them in 1 minute, so why cook in bulk? But I see you got an electric pressure cooker, so you're out of luck. you can't quickly depressurize an electric pressure cooker by pouring cold water over it in the sink. You can release the pressure valve, but that can get messy.
>>
>>8196395
White wine
>>
>>8196478
which has more versitility?
>>
>>8196687

They're different tools for different jobs. Comparing them is silly.

The pressure cooker has many more uses than a rice cooker. In fact, you can use the pressure cooker to cook rice.
>>
>>8196689
But can you use the rice cooker to cook pressure?
>>
>>8196473
Pressure cooker with a rice setting.
>>
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/05/colombian-chicken-stew-with-potatoes-tomato-onion-recipe.html
thinking baout making this
>>
>>8196687
Some people make oatmeal and steam vegetables in their rice cookers, but I use it just for rice. And it's worth it for me because many of the Chinese dishes I make are prep intensive, then the cooking goes down very quickly. I can put the rice on while starting prep, and the rice will be automatically ready without dividing my attention while doing the actual cooking.

The pressure cooker gets used for soups, stews, sauces and beans. You can even do a kind of fake braise in it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.