[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you read or care about nutrition or ingredient labels on food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Ingredients-List-Sugars.jpg (203KB, 755x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ingredients-List-Sugars.jpg
203KB, 755x1200px
Do you read or care about nutrition or ingredient labels on food?
>>
>>8193741
If I see ingredients I don't have in my own kitchen I will avoid that food for the most part. If the nutrition label shows me it's loaded with sugar, salt and/or fat I will relegate it to a once in a while food instead of an everyday kind of food.
>>
>>8193741
Yeah, I try to. I usually buy the condiments with the shortest list of ingredients and avoid stuff where I have no idea what it is. I still sometimes eat those though.
>>
>>8193741
i mostly care about the nutrition info more than the ingredient list. i'm not allergic to anything food related nor do i have any vitamin deficiencies, so i care more about calories, protein, and sugar content more than a laundry list of stuff it's made out of
>>
>>8193741
Not really. I try to avoid packaged food in general. Real food, like pic related, doesn't have a nutrition label on it.

I do buy condiments and whatnot that are pre-made, but I consume so little of them that the nutritional information isn't really relevant.
>>
File: 7303846_orig.jpg (167KB, 649x461px) Image search: [Google]
7303846_orig.jpg
167KB, 649x461px
>>8193858
Do you care about the minutiae of nutritional information for unpackaged foods?
>>
>>8193951

Nope. I just shoot for variety and try not to eat too much of any one thing.
>>
>>8193741
Yes, I also try to find the country of origin for most of my food, a surprising amount of seafood comes from China and considering how polluted their waters are I am not going to eat anything that comes from them.
>>
>>8193741
Just browse the caloric, sugar, and protein content, sometimes I'll check out vitamin content or fat if something seems off.
>>
>>8193741
yup. i don't eat shit with additives, preservatives, artificial anything.

no processed shit either
>>
>>8193741
Of course. I log my meals so it's imperative.
It's amazing the things you can learn, too, like common shit you wouldn't even suspect that contains obnoxious levels of sodium, litany of questionable ingredients, etc. Conversely, some big name brands you would assume are shit that are actually as good as anything.
>>
>>8193741

No. Because I exercise and I'm not fat.
>>
File: o (5).jpg (164KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o (5).jpg
164KB, 1000x1000px
>>8193984
>implying you can't have superior nutrition to fuel your exercise
>>
Yes, I look for products which contain natural ingredients like sugar, and avoid those which contain poisonous shite like aspartame etc.
>>
>>8193966
>>8193858
I was going to post exactly this and was happy to see someone else does the same.
In addition to condiments etc, I also buy lots of chocolate because Swiss.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.