[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advertising Deception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (24KB, 410x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 410x207px
Is anyone else mad about modern marketing? What pisses you off?

I hate "buy one get one free" since it's equivalent to "50% off two items fatass."
>>
Except if I was going to buy one of those anyways there's no reason for me not to take advantage of that.

Marketing capitalizes on stupid people, modern or not. It's why there are stores that have items permanently on sale. The "sale" price is the actual price, but you see 20% off and lose your mind
>>
2/10
>>
>modern
>>
>>8193554

It's almost as if they're encouraging you to buy more so the old stock gets rotated out quicker if it's approaching expiration.
>>
>>8193554
X for Y price where you can't buy one at the equivalent.
>>
>>8193996
that's the entire fucking point of those sales you idiot.
>>
>>8194000
Except plenty of places nearby do the exact same shit, but have in the fine print that you can buy one at the discount. 2 for 5? Buy one for 2.50.
>>
>>8194008
Yes, I've found that to be true often. Many people buy two, when they could have gotten the proportional discount with only one. It's nice when it happens on something you were going to buy anyway.
>>
>>8194008
yes, but it varies by product category, and that makes sense. there's a deal on yoplait yogurt cups? that's because they're going bad soon and they need to clear them out, whether in loosies or packs

something like albertson's deals on wine, though, where it's 20% off all wine, or 35% off if you buy 6 bottles, that's totally reasonable. if you don't want it, they can keep it on the shelf until someone does

>b-but 10 for $10 ramen
i have no answer there
>>
>>8194021
Zactly, or I want 3 instead of 4...
Flip side of the thread theme, when there's a limit on an item (Max 8 for example) and I can go and get it price matched somewhere else to get some more.

>>8194035
Yeah, I get it. I'm not going to shit my pants and call for a manager, it's just slightly disappointing if I can't get an odd number or something.
>>
>>8193554
Last year around Christmas this big supermarket put the expensive chocolates on sale, every single one of them i personally bought 3 bags of 70% off mixed fancy Italian ones, 2 to give as a present of course
If I had more money on me I would have bought everything I could
Thing is people don't buy that and they had to clear the produce somehow, it was two months from expiration
Thank my good friend capitalism
>>
>>8193554
I live with two fat people and it's amazing how they'll consistently buy 2x the junk they shouldn't eat because there's a sale on it.

>b-but anon, the ice cream was buy one get one free!
>how could i resist?
>>
>BOGOF
>Modern

lel
>>
>>8194035
>10 for $10 ramen
where are you going where that's considered a deal
>>
>>8194057
Hipster's Highclass Grociers United in Hipsterville, USA.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.