[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chili thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: image.png (2MB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1600x1062px
Just had pic related and wasnt impressed. Anyone know if there are better chilis or chili recipe? Chili thread
>>
I like Tim Hortons chilli with extra pepper.
>>
>>8191799
get a 2/4 alarm chili kit, follow directions, and you got a solid chili. Fritos & cheese optional.
>>
>>8191799
>with beans

That's where you fucked up
>>
This is probably pleb tier but I add this to fried ground beef and it's great.
>>
File: 213.jpg (122KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
122KB, 1080x810px
>>8191828
>>
>>8191821
what about Cincinnati chili with beans?
>>
>>8191799
I haven't found any truly good canned chilis, but I still eat at least one can of Kroger brand chili with beans every single week
>>
>>8191833
The only chili comes from Texas
>>
>>8191833
Op here, from cincinnati and while I love the chili, sometimes especially in the colder seasons I like having big bowls of chunky chili
>>
File: IMG_0787.png (136KB, 262x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.png
136KB, 262x261px
Good stuff
>>
>>8191831
this nigga knows whats up
>>
I just dump Hormel chili on pasta and sprinkle shredded cheese Cincinnati style. super cheap and filling
>>
>>8191799

Make your own from scratch you fucking mong.
>>
>>8194369
This. Canned chili tastes like mildly spiced dogfood. Chili is one of the easiest things to cook from scratch. Sure, it might not win a cookoff, but it will be so much better than that monstrosity that you won't even call the canned stuff "chili" anymore.

Please spend 20 minutes preparing the ingredients and sit around surfing the internet while it simmers, you retarted lazy ass fuckwad.
>>
>>8194464
so you have ate dog food?
>>
File: IMG_2166.jpg (74KB, 507x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2166.jpg
74KB, 507x543px
I make my own chili con carne.

I begin with some olive oil and an onion-carrot-celery soffritto, add diced beef, some red wine and once alcohol evaporates I add tomato sauce and pepper.
I use beef shoulder, just looo for any muscly cut as you have to stew it.
I cooo it on low heat for about two hours, I add beans halfway through (I usually boil fresh beans myself).

I add some black pepper and paprika when I add beef, then add some more if the flavor ain't strong enough.
Use some cumin seeds but don't exaggerate as they're pretty strong.

I add hot peppers once I turn off the gas, then let it rest for about 5 minutes.
I usually go for Naga Morich or Habanero as I have plenty of them in my garden.
>>
>>8194472
Only spiced, you illiterate fagfuck.
>>
File: 51dBg0+Mv5L.jpg (52KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
51dBg0+Mv5L.jpg
52KB, 339x500px
>>8191799
This is the best Chili by far.
>>
>>8194549
>soffritto
>chili con carne
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I've had this bookmarked on my phone for like 3 years now

http://m.imgur.com/WWVEWby
>>
>>8194735
>See link
>"I swear to god, if it's that fucking 2am chilli..."

brb losing my shit
>>
>>8191831
Literally had this with some bread and butter for breakfast earlier today.
>>
>>8194642
This is my go to.
>>
Made a chili today to freeze in boxes and enjoy when the weather turns colder. Chili is generally considered to taste better after time and I think so too, I just haven't figured out why yet.

With most meats but especially beef, fat is flavour. I don't use 'lean mince' in mine. When searing it in the pan a lot of liquid will come out, fat being a mix of water and oily protein, but water is bad for this and you don't want to boil the meat. Turn the hob up to its highest to shorten the time the meat is spent in it's own water, reducing the fat to just the oily part which will then behave a lot like cooking oil with bits of water in it- spitting basically. Around this point, add onions(your preference on whether sliced or diced); they will absorb the fat. It has nowhere else to go and it's a waste to drain it off because that's flavour. Powder ingredients should be added in teaspoonfuls to a measuring jug filled hot water so you can smell and judge the taste, start with chilli powder obviously then whatever you want.

If you do add beans like I did, your choice does matter. I added black beans(also known as turtle beans) to mine because they're very rich in taste and currently being wasted as party of the crappy 'superfood' fad. This was meant to be less a 'hot-hot' chili and more sweet and savoury. If I intend to make a hot one, it's with the usual red kidney beans because the relative blandness punctuates the heat of the meat.
>>
File: hml_chili_hot_nobeans.png (211KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
hml_chili_hot_nobeans.png
211KB, 450x450px
I like pic related, but not everywhere has it. It's the only brand they carry at the stores I go to, I'm not sure if it's some sort of regional thing or the places I go suck or if I'm just not looking in the right place.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 994x1012px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 994x1012px
>>8194747
Sorry I'm new to /ck/. Is 2am chili a meme? Is it a good meme?
>>
The last time I had canned or prepackaged chili I was eating one of those tiny microwavable thing and was reading the ingredients and it said beef hearts.
I don't do innards so I've never eaten that shit since.
I'd rather go through the process of making my own.
>>
>>8194854
It's a bad meme. Don't post it in a chili thread, you're going to get reamed
>>
>you will never get as autistic as Americans do over a meal as simplistic as their beef mince mixes
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 301x267px
>>8194873
Noted
>>
>>8194873
It's a dumb meme but it's still legitimately better than anything else in this thread
>>
>>8194973
it's still not better than mccormick
>>
>>8194965
>>>/a/
>>
>>8194873
Post it and don't forget to add beans.
>>
>>8195026
Only cooking related reaction images then?
>>
>>8195026
fuck yourself. This guy was responding to a tip to not shit shut up the board, and you're gonna stop him? Fuck you again
>>
File: 3894.jpg (66KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
3894.jpg
66KB, 300x400px
>>8191799
Canned chili will always taste like shit.
If you wan't something low effort go with pic related it's the best pre-mixed shit.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.