[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do American really drink beverage at every meal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15

File: 1442205159497.jpg (114KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1442205159497.jpg
114KB, 460x345px
Do American really drink beverage at every meal?
>>
>>8190883
>leaving food residue in your mouth
retard
>>
Yeah. Americans drink stuff when we sit down to eat stuff. Personally I mostly drink water, when we eat with our families milk is very common, when we go out to eat at restaurants we usually drink beer or other alcoholic beverages or soda. When we eat breakfast we usually drink milk, coffee or juice, especially of oranges, but apple or grape juices are also common.
>>
I can't really drink & eat at the same time for some reason. I try to do it with wine though but I have to concentrate to not forget.
>>
>>8190926
This sums it up very nicely
Sweet Tea is also common in the south during all meals of the day
>>
>>8190956
Good addition. Also it should be noted a lot of people, in my experience mostly teenagers and children, will drink soda with every meal besides maybe breakfast.
>>
>>8190926
>>8190956
But why
>>
>>8191014
Any legitimate meal should be accompanied by a beer
>>
>>8191014
I don't know it is just something I have been born doing, I thought it was normal
>>
>>8191014
because hydration is essential to life
>>
>>8191021
So American drink each meal with a "light Miller"?
>>
>>8191014
I dunno, Some people don't even drink it while eating, in a restaurant setting: they'll just get the beverage, sip it while waiting for their food, then when food comes they won't touch it until they're done eating. There are some people that won't get a drink at all if they're eating at home, but it's rare, and if you're at a restaurant and you ask for nothing to drink they'll bring you a glass of water regardless. It's just pert of the culture, and I don't think it's that strange. When I was in Germany I had drinks with every meal, besides maybe in the evening when I snacked on bread and wurst, but if I were snacking on bread and wurst here I wouldn't drink anything with it, because it's not really a meal. But like I said, I mostly drink water, and I carry a liter nalgene water bottle with me practically every where, so I probably would actually have some sips while snacking.
>>
Even some beverages should be accompanied by other beverages. Like a glass of water next to wine.
>>
>>8191024
Not normal
>>8191025
American can only hydrate during mealtime?
>>
>>8191014
why the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>8191034
why wouldn't you hydrate during meal time

there's no reason not to
>>
>>8191034
No, we hydrate during meal time, while we're doing exercise, whenever we're thirsty, often right away in the morning or when we wake up in the middle of the night. Pairing drinks with food is not uncommon at all you nob, the French do wine and cheese, English have tea and scones, when you watch international movies, the tables always have plates/bowls of food and glasses full of drinks.
>>
>>8191034
It's absolutely normal by American standards, we just got finished telling you that
>>
>>8191041
No need for hostile
>>8191044
Because there are many other hours in day
>>8191046
French and English must also be backward folk
>>
>>8191061
ITT: Europoors who are too poor to afford water
>>
>>8191055
American doing something not make normal.
>>
>>8191066
literally everyone except whatever african shithole you're from does it
>>
>>8191061
What nationality are you, that eating and drinking are so separated? I guess I could see it being an Asian thing, but it's definitely common in Europe and all of North America.
>>
I would think drinking while eating would help get people fuller sooner. So as to eat less. So everyone gets plenty to eat.
>>
>>8191066
Americans doing something makes it normal by American standards which only apply to people in America
>>
>be OP
>no running water in village
>get thirsty while eating his only cracker for dinner
>blame americans
>>
I don't know where you live if you don't do this, honestly
>>
>>8191034
Not even only an american thing. are you extremely poor or trolling?
>>
I'm leaving thread. Typical rude amricans
>>
Haaahahah you guys got pranked hard
>>
>>8191137
dawwwww
oh you
>>
no I just drink nothing at meals and then slam half a dozen beers afterwards so I'm still an alcoholic fatass
>>
File: 1475999418714.png (3KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475999418714.png
3KB, 244x226px
>>8191131
>>
File: 1459979065841.jpg (19KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1459979065841.jpg
19KB, 346x346px
>>8190926
>milk is common
congrats on being "that family"
>>
>>8191147
cool blog
>>
File: 1461422318361.png (11KB, 517x326px) Image search: [Google]
1461422318361.png
11KB, 517x326px
why do asians take a sip while chewing their food?
>>
>>8190883
I have this friend who only drinks AFTER he finishes a meal. I was at his house years ago basically suffocating trying to eat an enchilada and asked for a drink and his response was "You're not even finished eating yet..." I could hardly contain my rage and confusion. He's white btw. I have NO idea how anyone can eat without drinking something.
>>
OP must be Asian. Some of them have this weird thing about not drinking during meals. Went to South Korea once and all the restaurants in the little town I visited were this way. No drinks with the meal and if you asked for one they gave you a weird look like you were insane. Basically Asians are retarded.
>>
every time i eat anything i drink something mostly water
>>
>>8191184
we all know the guy who drinks milk with pizza or pasta...its fucking weird milk is only for chocolate ans cookie
>>
>>8190883
I feel like a poor piece of shit if I don't bring enough/withdraw enough money during the week to have a drink with my food on break (I buy food from the store a lot rather than bring it)

>>8191184
You got a problem with calcium son? And milk happens to be delicious.

That said it feels kind of childish for some reason when you're an adult to drink it with any meal other than breakfast.
>>
Liquids are not only delicious, but help push the food down.

End thread?
>>
>>8190975
who lets their kids drink soda at ever meal??? especially at breakfast?????
>>
File: image.png (789KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
789KB, 880x880px
>>8192011
muricans...nuff said
>>
>>8190883

I love drinking things more than eating.
So yes I have a drink with every meal.

Although I live in Canada.
>>
>>8191957

not enough saliva to help break down food
>>
>>8192011
the southerners
>>
File: treif.jpg (65KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
treif.jpg
65KB, 600x516px
>>8191983
>drinking milk with savory foods
>drinking milk with meat
>drinking milk
>>
Because our meals are usually salty or include breads, so our nouths get dry
>tried to eat steak with nothing to drink once
>was overcooked
>almost choked to death
>>
Occasionally I used to eat dinner at my friends house and most of the time they would have two types of milk on the table to drink and I just couldn't understand why they would always drink milk with their meals.

The only time I ended up drinking that much milk was when I was in the hospital and they barely had any drinks in the fridge.
>>
>>8191027
Are you French? German? When you describe someone in English, flip the adjective and the noun: e.g. le homme petit -> the short man. Hence, we say Miller Light.
>>
File: 1469806545136.gif (24KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
1469806545136.gif
24KB, 60x95px
congratulations OP, this is the most successful bait thread I've ever seen
>>
File: Fk1Pb3x.gif (2MB, 450x248px) Image search: [Google]
Fk1Pb3x.gif
2MB, 450x248px
>>8191981
You are a sad person, you'll never know how refreshing ice cold milk is with pizza, pasta, tomato based soups, etc.

>>8190883
For the subject of the thread though, why wouldn't you have water with lunch or dinner? Fills you up more, clears your mouth and no dryness, and refreshes the palate to enjoy the meal more. Sometimes I drink OJ in the morning with a banana, or bagel, or something of that nature but that's about it aside from a soft drink very rarely at a restaurant, by itself one or twice a week, and the milk mentioned above which I also keep organic 1% for those dinners or just to consume in a small glass with apples, peanut butter, or other snacks if breakfast is skipped.

You're a pleb OP
>>
>>8191014
Rinse the food debris and residue out of your mouth. Wash down your bites. Feels shitty not to have a drink when I eat.
>>
>>8191184
You can't handle lactose, can you?

>nigger
>>
>>8191957
I do it sometimes when what I'm eating is so fucking disgusting I can't handle the unadulterated taste of it.
>>
I'm american, i drink with every meal, but i could go without if i had to.

>>8191973
Take smaller bites/eat slower
>>
My mouth dries out without a drink with food - and in some cases it can help work with the food to taste better.
>>
>>8191014
Drinking liquids during or after meals aids in digestion and hydration. All people drink liquids for this reason. It is a biological need that manifests as the sensation known as thirst. The choice to drink before, during, or after meals may be cultural, but common sense suggests it is one of practicality.
>>
>>8190883

Literally every thread you create on the catalog is of some stupid ass question.... is your life so dull that you absolutely MUST troll one of the slowest boards on 4chan day in and day out??
>>
>>8191184
I get withdrawals if I don't get milk after about 3 days. Water is so boring and I feel so empty after a meal with it.
>>
>>8191073
I do this on purpose at restaurants because the portions are normally so large. I'll drink like 3 glasses of water so I eat less and can take more home for later or just not eat it all.
>>
>>8191981
Milk is amazing with pizza and pasta and chicken noodle soup. Also yeah, with sweet things.
>>
>>8192611
When I go on my drinking binges on the weekend I always wake up craving milk like fucking crazy and I have no idea why. The only thing I can think about is milk milk milk and it won't stop until I drink like 4 glasses of it but it's only after I got really drunk the night before.
>>
>>8190883
Is this a really shitty "I was only pretending to be retarded" troll or what? I don't get it.
>>
>>8190883
This is the one thing i have never understood, is why other country's think it is so strange to always have something to drink when you eat a meal.

I personally drink like a fucking horse all the time,typically water, Iced tea or lemonade, but i do get cravings for soda every now and then.

is it seriously that strange of a thing?
>>
>>8192676
yes it is strange that you do something that others do not
>>
>>8192706
well, everyone i've ever known in the USA and Canada drinks with meals, and Mexicans.
>>
>>8192676
Europeans generally are pretty weird.
>>
You mean you don't drink a glass/cup of tea with most of your meals?
>>
>>8191975
I'm in Thailand and that sounds fucking retarded to me.

Even at chinese restaurants there's a steady flow of tea/chrysanthemum/beer. Even at the ones owned and staffed by mainlanders with overwhelmingly mainlander clientele. It's weird for a table in a joint like that not to have a whisky and soda or beer open.

Koreans are fucking retarded though. Literal shit tier superstitious loud and dopey with so much endemic plastic surgery that you never see their primitive wild phenotype.
>>
>>8190883
Thanks for this image, OP. I loled hard.
>>
>>8190883
Yes we do. What a crazy fucked up tradition! Faggot
>>
>>8190883
Uhhh... isent having a glass of water with your meal common practice worldwide?
>>
File: 1465662119334.png (648KB, 1032x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1465662119334.png
648KB, 1032x1100px
>>8192260
We say "Le petit homme" in French.
>>
>>8192890

don't feed the trolls.
>>
Personally I have to have a drink with ever meal. If I don't drink after ever bite or two food gets stuck in my esophagus and causes me to choke and eventually be unable to breathe.
>>
>>8192839
I'll always love how much asian's hate eachother. I used to know this Japanese girl, sweet as pie, not a negative bone in her body, unless the chinese were brought up.
>>
>>8192676
Same, except I'm water 90% and coffee occasionally. Tea once in a blue moon.
I've got a quart of water on me at almost all times.
I don't buy into the whole "8 glasses of water a day". I've just done it for years and probably won't change.
tfw pissing at full blast before some old guy approaches the adjacent urinal and you're still pumping away after he finishes and walks away. Drink like a race horse, piss like a race horse. Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>8191034
Where are you from where drinking isn't normal?

US - drink during meals
Europe - drink during meals
South America - drink during meals
Asia - drink during meals

I haven't been to Africa but I'd be surprised if they didn't .
>>
>>8190883
i drink multiple drinks during a given meal. i'll usually have a soda or a glass of whole milk as my first drink, and then if i finish that while eating but i'm still thirsty (which i am pretty much perpetually), i'll get glasses of water. a standard meal like chicken and rice, i'll have a 12oz glass of whole milk and 2-3 12oz glasses of water, and then i'll continue drinking water or maybe an alcoholic beverage after dinner is done. i'm pretty much constantly drinking beverages all day long
>>
Any Southern Gentleman willing to share their secret recipes for Sweet Tea?
>>
>>8193696
>Where are you from where drinking isn't normal?

The land of trolls, anon.

This question is really just as silly as "Do Americans really breathe air"?
>>
>>8193712

Add bourbon.
>>
>>8193712
I'm a southern gentleman, and I would challenge the first person that came to my plantation and requested "sweet tea" to a duel down in the holler with my great-great-grandpappy's dueling pistols.
>>
>>8190883
Mostly water.

Sometimes alcohol with dinner (beer or wine)
>>
>>8193712
put a gallon of water in a pan. Heat it and brew tea in it. Add sugar. That was hard.
>>
>>8193957

Very hard, given that you didn't specify:
-the amount of tea
-the type of tea
-the amount of sugar
-the brewing time
-the brewing temperature
-the ratio of your resulting "brew" to ice.
>>
>>8193962
The amount of tea, read the box. It tells you. It's not hard. Don't let it boil. Use any regular black tea that doesn't have added flavors, or use a raspberry one or whatever you want to change it up. Sugar is dependent on the person. I use only 1 cup per gallon. Most my neighbors (south carolina) use 1.5-2 cups per gallon and it's like syrup and awful. Brew per directions and get water hot but not to a boil for temp.
>>
>>8193971
Also never use splenda trying to make a sugar free version of sweet tea. It tastes like pure chemical taste.
>>
>>8193976
well, sugar is pure chemical taste too.
>>
File: img_0872.jpg (42KB, 350x294px) Image search: [Google]
img_0872.jpg
42KB, 350x294px
Do you guys drink when having soup?
Like if I have thick soup I usually get a drink. If it's thin I will most likely skip a drink.
>>
>>8190926
Quality post you nigger
>>
>>8190883
Brazil does too i though this was a international standard for meals, how dafuq do u eat farofa without drinking anything?
>>
>>8190926
>when we eat with our families milk is very common
lol wut?

>>8190883
nah
>>
>>8190883
does the rest of the world have some weird thing about not mixing solids and liquids?
>>
>>8190883
Why are you so obsessed with Americans and why do you think everything about your culture is so superior?
>>
>>8197260
I usually drink a lot more when I make soup because I don't wait for it to cool off and need to balance the temperatures in my mouth so I don't get burned.
>>
File: g9ke6Pi.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
g9ke6Pi.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
Hourly
Europoor
Obsession
Thread
>>
>>8190975
> mostly teenagers and children, will drink soda with every meal besides maybe breakfast.
This is bizarre to me.

t. Former Ohio-fag current North carolina fag of 10 years
>>
>>8190883
Us chinese also drink beverages at every meal.
>>
>>8192676
Very few countries think it is weird to have something to drink when eating a meal. They are the minority.
>>
>>8193976
I personally think if you go the artificial sweetener route, you should just add it independently to each serving, since unlike sugar, the tea doesn't need to be warm for it to disolve
>>
>>8190883

Yes. Richest country on Earth bitches.
>>
>>8190883
meals are served with water at minimum yes.
>>
>>8190926
>milk
My fucking nigger
>>
You know, I'm friends with an Ecuadorian who always comments how odd it is that I drink water with every meal. He drinks mainly juice, but only when not eating.
And thinking about it, my Old World grandparents would pour themselves a glass of water with dinner, but drink almost none of it until afterwords.
Maybe OP is from a 2nd world sort of country?
>>
>>8193732
>Americans actually waste their time breathing air instead of breathing straight Oxygen

What a backwards nation
>>
>>8192011
>>8192025
>le funny american fat person meme

I mean don't get me wrong I'm a fat american (fixing the problem, 65lb lighter) but not all families or many for that matter let their kids drink soda at every meal. my dad would've slapped the can out of my hand if i was drinking a soda at breakfast. why would you drink soda in the morning anyway? energy drink, maybe, but everyone i know has milk, juice, or tea
>>
>>8193712
>being this silly
im a texan and im here to say it isnt fucking rocket science my man

Put some water from a gallon jug into a coffeepot and get it hot, put a cup of sugar in the jug with the rest of the gallon, put teabags into the carafe and let it brew to desired strength, pour it back into the jug and shake.
>>
>>8193772
how many niggas was killed by dem pistols?
>>
File: 1474478231013.jpg (44KB, 590x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474478231013.jpg
44KB, 590x500px
Do Americans really sweeten their bread?
>>
>>8190955
Chew more
>>
>>8191034
foreigner can not walk and chew gum, or eat and hydrate.
>>
Doesn't everyone drink after eating?
I'm Russian and it's pretty much obligatory to have some tea after any meal.
>>
I tend to drink lemon juice
>>
>>8199226
no matter what you see in america, if it's edible, there's sugar added to it
>>
>>8190883
Am I missing something? Is there something odd about having a drink with a meal? Not even a glass of water?
>>
>it's an Americans are retarded about food episode
Always a classic
>>
Drinking anything sweetened is just making you a pleb. Non sweetened coffee with milk, non sweetened white/green tea are god tier drinks.
>>
>>8192260
http://www.slideshare.net/MmeStarman/les-adjectifs-bagsbangs
>>
>>8190883

>it's a europoors can't find clean water episode
>>
File: ice water.jpg (60KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
ice water.jpg
60KB, 533x800px
>>8190883
Tall glass of fucking ice water at every meal, and I drink about 2, sometimes 3 liters a day while I work and do other shit. Feels good.
>>
>>8190883
Isn't water a beverage?

Well, I only drink water (during meals and outside), when I'm not on a diet I sometimes have some fruit juice inbetween meals when I'm thirsty, otherwise it's only water during meals.

My mother, however, gets wine every meal.

Oh, I almost forgot: I obviously have my morning bowl of coffee for breakfast. Which is a beverage at one meal.

I'm French by the way so I'm not concerned directly by who you target in this thread.
>>
>>8191066
Theres kind of a lot of us. Drinking water is boring, might as well get it out of they way while putting other things in mouth.
>>
>>8191014
cleanses the palette motherfucker
>>
File: spaz.jpg (104KB, 624x800px) Image search: [Google]
spaz.jpg
104KB, 624x800px
>>8202887
>pallette
*palate
Retard.
>>
>>8190956
I go through a 1.5 gallon pitcher of sweet tea a day. Have it at every meal.
Stopped eating snacks and just drank more tea, lost about 45lbs.
It's basically crack
>>
>>8203336
How much sugar are you using to what volume of water, please?
>>
File: kermit_captain.jpg (559KB, 1960x1631px) Image search: [Google]
kermit_captain.jpg
559KB, 1960x1631px
>>8190883
Coffee and water with breakfast, juice after
Water with lunch
Water with dinner
Water with supper

Beverages other than water I only drink on special occasions, like if I'm eating out, or if I've made something fancy for me and my flatmates
>>
>>8190926
fucking drinking milk in 2016
maybe you walk w/o socks as well, you nigger?
>>
>>8190926
>drinking milk for any meal other than breakfast

Are you inbred?
>>
>>8190883
At, before, after, between, instead of, etc. etc.
>>
>Diluting your natural digestive juices with other liquids.
Enjoy your bowel cancer you spastics.
>>
Which countries think it's unusual?

And the Asian ones don't count, doesn't make sense to compare apple to oranges, but comparing apples to apples does. So which Western countries think it's unusual?

AFAIK the Mediterranean countries all drink a little wine with dinner as a matter of course, and often with lunch, and coffee is also standard in the morning.

Is this question really about drinking soda with dinner? Because everyone knows that's barbaric.
Except the Mexicans.
>>
>>8197623
>it's an underage /v/tard episode
>>
>>8191184
This. People who drink milk straight are fucking freaks.
>>
>>8191184
Congrats on being a part of the worst race that everyone hates.
>>
>>8198436
you forgot to add sweet dumbass
>>
I can't believe this bait thread lasted a whole week
>>
>>8190883
Yep, just like everyone else on planet earth.
>>
Yes, and sometimes we even have food at our meal. We're a strange bunch.
>>
>>8190883
What kind of subhuman doesn't?
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.