[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to cook an egg. And why is it over medium?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: thumb_275.jpg (27KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_275.jpg
27KB, 280x280px
What is the best way to cook an egg. And why is it over medium?
>>
>over medium

That's a burnt over easy.
>>
>>8187411

"over medium"

What the flying fuck does that mean?

Speak English you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>8187416
I'm pretty sure everybody knows what over medium means
>>
>>8187411

throw it at the wall. If it sticks, it's ready
>>
>>8187416
fully set whites, potentially browned edges,
yolks firmed up a bit but still drippy

ur a faget
>>
File: queenie.jpg (138KB, 1477x1157px) Image search: [Google]
queenie.jpg
138KB, 1477x1157px
>>8187420

Never heard it in my life

You're not speaking English you cunt

Speak fucking English

>>8187426

Alright thanks

Sounds disgusting

Set yolk or nothing
>>
>>8187428
the golden zone is right as the yolk sets but is still translucent and looks like orange jello
>>
>>8187432
Yep. I don't know why this isn't the international standard.
>>
>>8187451

>international standard

Bongs can't even speak their own language; what do you really expect?
>>
>>8187432
that's over hard

anything more than that is known as overcooked and ruined
>>
>>8187411
Scrambled dry
>>
>>8187411
Completely runny yolk. White slightly set, but still evidence of some gel. No browning anywhere, including edges.
>>
File: 1475860625345.gif (1011KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1475860625345.gif
1011KB, 500x394px
>be line cook
>server comes into kitchen to ring in an order
>just puts down eggs, no other instruction
>"anon how do you want your eggs cooked"
>"regular"
he was fired the next day
>>
>>8187411
Nice scorches, you fucking troglodyte
>>
burnt over burnt
>>
so /ck/ what heat and lube level do I need to do to make a "true" over easy/medium? and do I have to cover it?
>>
>not soft steamed eggs.
>>
>not poached with bernaise and lump crab
>>
>>8187806
melt some butter over medium/high heat. enough butter that the egg won't stick to the pan. fry it one one side until it's firm enough to flip. flip it over, and softly poke the yolk with a utensil or your finger. you want it to be soft and squishy, but you also don't want your yolk to run all over the plate. ideally, you want the outer part of the yolk to be firm, while the inner part is still gooey, so it will run just a little bit. it takes some practice, but basically cook it for the same amount of time on both sides over medium-high heat.
>>
I always order over hard because I don't want the yolk to mix with any of my other food
>>
>>8187806

>do I have to cover it

No.
>>
I can poach an egg fine but for some fucking reason I can't get a fried egg to taste normal.
>>
>>8188063
Hmmmm...o-o-only cook your eggs, p-p-poached?
>>
Ive been on a scrambled egg binge for a few days now. Whisk some eggs with some light cream, cook till nice and fluffy and garnish with a little salt, pepper and dill. Good eats
>>
>>8187411

Boiled.
>>
>>8188192
Literally the only way I can't eat eggs.
>>
>earting raw eggs
Man breakfast sure is awkward whenever I'm in yuroland.
It's not about some irrational fear of germs, it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>8188785

First world countries have higher health standards than in 'straya.
>>
Either sunny side up or over easy, served with sourdough or rye toast for dipping in the eggs. In the absence of toast, a bit of soy sauce goes over the egg.
>>
>>8188188
Add a tablespoon of feta cheese.
>>
Anybody who likes his eggs over anything is a fucking savage.
You can't just ruin a great egg by turning it around.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.