[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cocktails thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

File: gin tonic.jpg (1MB, 2215x1896px) Image search: [Google]
gin tonic.jpg
1MB, 2215x1896px
I drink alone so that I can get drunk on the weekends. I'm looking for something new tomorrow, can anyone recommend me something? I'm bored of gin tonic, looking for something new, what are your opinions on martinis?

THREAD THEME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29GGnHg9OM
>>
>>8185821
good man. as a gin drinker i've always hated vodka martinis. i don't know why every bar insists on having forty fucking vodka martini drinks. growing up i always thought a martini was supposed to be made with gin.
>>
>>8185821
Do you own any other spirits other than gin?
Do you know any you might like?
>>
Gimlet
>>
Gin martini with cucumber
>>
Gin fizz (Ramos) if you don't mind shaking for literally forever.
>>
>>8185821
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IBA_official_cocktails
>>
File: farage sip.jpg (8KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
farage sip.jpg
8KB, 250x209px
>>8186440
Right now I've finished my bottle of gin. I'm open to pretty much any cocktail you can suggest as long as its simple to make like a martini or tonic.
>>8186569
Gin fizz is complicated, requires too many ingredients I can't find.
>>
perfect the margarita cocktail
it will change your life
>>
Tinto de verano - red wine and fresca
rum with ginger ale
brandy with ginger ale
>>
>>8185821

Give me a list of what you have and/or what you can get, and I'll give you every recipe I know
>>
>>8186776
it's egg white, gin, simple syrup and citrus juice. how do you not already have all of those in your house?
>>
File: cup.png (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cup.png
41KB, 300x300px
>>8186819
I currently finished my 1 bottle of gin. I have some tonic water still. I have some limes. Some olives that I intended for martinis. I have 1 glass cup. Similar to pic related on the right.

I'm in college and have access to a liquor store, though I haven't really explored what they have. It's where I bought my gin.

I'm looking for stuff that doesn't require niche things like orange or apple liquor what not. Hopefully whatever I buy I can refuse for other things.

>>8186788
I don't know what fresca is. Your other two options seem pretty good, I'll try them out.
>>
-Gin
-Chartreuse
-muddled cilantro and green thai chili
-soda
>>
>>8186870
I'm in college. By syrup you mean maple? That sounds disgusting. If not then I have no clue where you can get "simple" syrup.
>>
>>8186872
fresca is a soda made by coca cola.
>>
>>8186878
Simple syrup is what is used to make cocktails sweet because putting granulated sugar will not dissolve quickly enough. Simple syrup is 1 part sugar and 1 part water dissolved. You can buy it or make it yourself. It has nothing to do with maple syrup.
>>
File: Amarula-bottle-.jpg (2MB, 1772x2657px)
Amarula-bottle-.jpg
2MB, 1772x2657px
Just got a bottle of this and tried some. First time I had it.

Love it.

No bully.
>>
well OP, here are 3 of my favorites that you may enjoy.

IMPORTANT NOTE: do not skimp on the ice. if it says to fill a glass with ice, do it. otherwise the proportion of liquor and ingredients will be off and ruin the intended flavor. that doesn't mean let the drink get watered down - it means finish the drink before all the ice melts.

Daquiri - glass filled with cracked ice, spoonful of sugar over the ice, squeeze a whole lime over it, then top off with rum.

Whiskey Sour - 2 - 3 ice cubes, whiskey (or bourbon), squeeze half a lemon into it, add sugar to taste (optional).

Mint Julep - muddle mint leaves, a little water and sugar in the bottom of the glass, fill with cracked ice, another spoonful of sugar over the ice, top of with bourbon (no substitutes - must be bourbon). if you use rum and lime juice, this is technically a mojito.

it's normal to drink two or three of these and then probably switch to whatever booze you have straight up.

all you really need is ice, lemons and/or limes, and finely granulated sugar plus your booze of choice.
>>
White russians are the shit. Dairy fucks up my stomach so I made some last night with almond milk instead of heavy cream and it was surprisingly delicious.
>>
>>8186878
Gimlets are legit. I make my own simple syrup, it's easy as fuck. Just heat 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water until it all disolves. I mix 2.5oz of gin with 0.5oz simple syrup and 0.5oz lime juice, shake it over ice and strain it.

Blind Russians are also cool. 2oz vodka, 1oz coffee liqour, add as much Irish Cream as you want.
>>
>>8186717
The ratios in those arent great imo. Difford's guide is better.
>>
>>8186717
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IBA_official_cocktails
>The ratios in those arent great imo. Difford's guide is better.
Could it be that the IBA ratios are geared towards the beginning Bartender to work good on average.
>>
Anyone know of a torrent or other for the Beachbum Berry books?
>>
As a divebar Bartender here are my least favorite drinks that if you order them I'll think less of you unless you tip.

>Low Alcohol Shooters
Shooters should be a fun tasting thing that quickly fucks you up. I love seeing a girl lose it after a couple Washington Apples. If a shooter is largely consisting of Cordials it's a waste of time as it won't get you drunk. Scooby Snacks and Jolly Ranchers are fucking stupid.

>Adios Motherfucker
Just a dumb drink, it's like drinking a crappy Soda. It's in the same tier Vodka and Sprite. Speaking of Spirit and Soda

>Jack and Coke
Nasty nasty drink. I love JD and Club but JD and Soda just tastes like an oaky sweet mess. Why this drink is popular I just don't understand. JD and Coke just don't mix well.

>Man ordering Smirnoff Bottled Drinks
Can't drink a beer? Pussy.

>Anything with that Rumchata crap
Turns coffee into a nasty chai. Only thing it's good for is French Toast.
>>
>>8185821
caipirinha. if you don't have cachaca, use gin or everclear.
>>
>>8189836
>Why this drink is popular I just don't understand.
Do you have a theory?
>>
>>8189853
My only guess is that people love Jack and they love Coke so they mix it together.

But most people have the sense to not put Vodka or Tequila in Coke so why Jack? Coca Cola should only go with Rum.
>>
Aviation all the way. A forgotten classic, but it's making a comeback.
>>
>>8189863
Good stuff, reckon I'll have one when I go out Wednesday.
>>
File: 1470325575265.png (118KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1470325575265.png
118KB, 557x605px
Fuck, I love cocktails.

Bahama Mama's are my favourite. Not the most refined of them but by fuck are they delicious, I could dirnk them all day.

Jim Goes to Carribeans are also nice.
>>
>>8189867
I've been trying to perfect it at home, but god damn is it hard to get right. Finding the balance between gin, creme de violette and maraschino liquer is not ezpz.
>>
>>8189836
sounds like you work at a really shitty dive bar
>>
>>8189863
Except barely any bar nowadays has Creme de Violette. Even high end places often tell me they can't make one.
>>
File: Long-Island-Iced-Tea[1].png (512KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Long-Island-Iced-Tea[1].png
512KB, 1000x1000px
Long Island Iced

Tea
e
a
>>
Hendricks
Tonic
Cucumber

Trying to cut so going for the less calorific option to enter the drunken stupor required for relaxation
>>
>>8189859
Maybe the aromatics go well with each other?
Cola could also make JD more less harsh?
The clash could also be interesting?

http://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/travel-tourism/clash-of-flavours/156390/

Have you ever noticed how "fresh" Cola smells?
>>
File: moscow-mule.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
moscow-mule.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
>>8185821
Better for warmer weather, but tasty.
>>
>>8186878
>thinks simple syrup is maple syrup

Children shouldn't be drinking alcohol
>>
File: cock tail.jpg (51KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
cock tail.jpg
51KB, 800x751px
>>
>>8185821
Ricky
>Whiskey
>Tonic Water
>lime
>>
File: 1414593087706.jpg (26KB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
1414593087706.jpg
26KB, 528x384px
I'm also looking for new cocktails to try out

So far I've made
>bloody mary
>margarita
>gintonic (also tried with bitter lemon which is even better)
>caipiroska

I'm going to buy some new stuff tomorrow and was wondering what I should pick up
I haven't really tried anything besides the things I mentioned

I'm picking up
>white rum
>coffee liquer
>coconut liqeur
>curacao
Any recommendations?
>>
>>8185821
I'm more of a gin and gin my myself. 3 parts gin, 1 part gin, served neat, straight to the oral receptacle till thoroughly intoxicated.
>>
>>8191869
i ain't even mad
>>
>>8185821
>looking for something new, what are your opinions on martinis?
vermouth sucks dick. make yourself a jameson&ginger
>>
>>8190279
tonic water is soda. how is that cutting calories?
>>
>>8193774
boutta turn you on to some dank shit

you're already getting white rum - in addition to that, grab yourself a can of sweetened condensed milk and a quart of coconut water

>3oz white rum
>2oz sweetened condensed milk
>ice
add to shaker, shake thoroughly
pour contents into glass
fill the remainder of the glass (5oz or so) with coconut water
top with a lime wedge

now you've got delicious, refreshing Bahamian Sky Juice
>>
>>8194052
sounds great, i'll try that man thanks
>>
File: sazerac.jpg (608KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
sazerac.jpg
608KB, 1000x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhaxHYb46E
>>
>>8194093

This hands down. A good sezerac is like sex in a glass.
>>
>>8190614
Kentucky mule is better. Oak, dark candy, and ginger go together so well. Needs to be a really spicy ginger beer, like cock and bull. I go about 50/50 with the mix at first, then as I sip I'll slowly add the rest of the ginger beer. So fucking good. Knob Creek or 4 Roses when they're on sale for 20 bucks or less is perfect for this.
>>
>>8189863
I'll ask for that next time -- I'm already the ass hole who orders harvey wallbangers. Only one bar in my shitty middle of no where town carries Galliano : (
>>
>>8189836
RumChata in a White Russian instead of half & half is amazing
>>
>>8185821
> Acquire rum
> Acquire passion fruit and lime

In a glass, drop 1 lime cut in quarters + add sugar (brown is best).
With a pestle, press the lime to extract the juice. The coarse sugar helps releasing the flavor by grating the skin. Make it suffer.
Carve the passion fruit and drop the flesh in the glass.

Not traditional but I like that way : Add ice till the top of the glass. You might get shit by the Carribbeans if you add ice actually.

Then pour rum.

There you go, passion fruit ti'punch. It's good, tart and sweet. Looks so so because let's be honest, passion fruit looks like snot. I drink it very regularly.
>>
File: 20161018_204743.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_204743.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8185821
Fuck cocktails. Do you like clocks in your mouth? Drink liquor straight like a non homosexual man!
>>
>>8187181
>add sugar to taste (optional).
Uh, no. The sugar is part of the cocktail.

You also forgot to emulsify an egg white in there.
>>
>>8198060
I find clocks in my mouth to be very time consuming.
>>
>>8198377
Redditors self-censor so they don't accidentally offend anyone.
>>
>>8189870
What the fuck is a Jim Goes to the Caribbeans?
Is it like a Gin Rickey?
>>
>>8194047
Not the guy you're replying to, but just regular carbonated water has zero calories
>>
File: Priest.png (187KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
Priest.png
187KB, 346x406px
>>8186788

>brandy and ginger ale

good taste
>>
>>8198060
There's nothing wrong with every so often having a bit of fun with cocktails.
>>
File: Gin-Fizz.jpg (213KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gin-Fizz.jpg
213KB, 800x800px
>>8186569
>>8186776
Ramos gin fizz are tasty af, not much more effort than a tom collins.
>>
Buy a bottle of Don Julio Anejo
Pour into a glass with ice
Drink
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.