[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the next two weeks, I will be eating nothing but Potatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: potato-04[1].jpg (84KB, 1596x1280px) Image search: [Google]
potato-04[1].jpg
84KB, 1596x1280px
For the next two weeks, I will be eating nothing but Potatoes and Water, I will not be eating any seasonings, including salt, pepper, or cayenne, I will not be using butter, margarine or hot sauce. I will not be using cooking oil, and I will not be reducing my potatoes to hash browns or chips.

I will only allow myself to eat potatoes, in a way that allows for no exiting or entering of too much excess water.

For those wondering, I am doing this to reset my palette to better help me avoid crappy food, and make food taste better, also I have a sugarfree ethical vegan friend who I want to blow out of the water.

AMA

Also, what should I have for my first meal back, I'm trying to avoid red meat as it upsets my stomach already
>>
Alright I'll take the bait

Are you cooking the potato at all?
>>
>>8185477
Yes I am, I will be either boiling it, mashing it, baking it or steaming it (If that's a thing), I am actually open to suggestions on how to eat them
>>
>>8185482
With a knife and fork
>>
>>8185464
The only thing I can think of for your first meal back, would be potato soup.
>>
>>8185482
you should make a potato onahole
>>
>>8185496
>You also seem like a massive cunt, why would anyone want to "AMA" about a stupid dietary choice.

>Asks Questions

Sushi seems like a great choice actually
>>
>>8185508
I'm testing my willpower versus his resolve
>>
>>8185464
What's to ask? You're going to be eating potatoes for the next two weeks. You gave a reason why. Try something more interesting next time.
>>
>>8185530
>What is friendly competition

He wants to see me fail, and I want to crush it
>>
File: 1474994468233.gif (123KB, 496x279px) Image search: [Google]
1474994468233.gif
123KB, 496x279px
>taking dietary advice from a las vegas magician

Well, good luck i guess.
>>
>>8185464
You're going to relapse and binge on shitty shit.

What you should do is ease into a diet of exclusively whole/unrefined foods. You can avoid stuff like cashews and bananas if you want to pretend to be ethically superior to your friend, but there is no ethical consumption under capitalism :^)
>>
>>8185482
i used to eat potatoes for lunch at work. i'd wash it off, stab it all over with a fork, wrap it in a wet paper towel, and cook it for six minutes on high in a 1000 watt microwave. it came out "perfect" every time
>>
>>8185544
>Caring what a vegan thinks
dub dubs speaks the true true
>>
I was just talking to my grandmom about this. She says she's addicted to peanut butter but I say she's addicted to sugar. She doesn't consider peanut butter to be sweet which is amazing to me. I've bought her the kind that is just roasted and ground peanuts and she hates it. She mainly eats overdressed salads, other salty foods, and sweets and only drinks diet soda and coffee with a lot of artificial sweetener. I've finally gotten her to enjoy water by adding lemon juice to it but before she didn't like it. Said it tasted bad.

This is a result of blowing your taste buds out, right? I've never met anyone else who didn't like water or would think of Jif as unsweetened. I'd like to know your results, OP. I think my taste has been hurt by salty foods and smoking but I'm not sure. The potato diet sounds extreme but it could work. I think a plain boiled tater tastes pretty good if you're hungry.
>>
>>8185464
Why do you not know the difference between palette and palate? Are you a stupid cunt?

PS roast those fuckers, it'll reduce their water content and make them more nutritionally sound. Also, chew very thoroughly so your ptyalin/alpha-amylase has a chance to do its job. Also, you may want to supplement with a good multivitamin, including B12.
>>
>>8185756
i remember testing this out with soda once when i heard how people used to treat it like it was a dessert or something way back when. they consumed very small amounts of it because it was just a sugary treat. but to me soda was just fizzy water since i drank it nonstop. i now drink them once a year or so and i can taste how sweet and syrupy they are.
>>
>>8185744
That's how I made my first one, works out pretty well

>>8185756
My dad is like that, I never see him drink water, he goes through 24 sodas a week and smokes.

>>8185768
I don't like roast potato much, but I'll try anything

>>8185770
This is exactly my point, vegetables are good! but it's deplorable that they're just thrown by the wayside, and I know it's a mostly American thing, but my palate has been changed drastically because of shitty habits as a kid. I mean I've made a concerted effort to change my diet in the past couple months but I don't feel like my palate has changed too much
>>
>>8185801
That guy didn't say anything about vegetables.

Try to roast some cut up potatoes to where they're caramelized a bit but not much. It's hard to get it just right without oil or seasonings but it's good. Boiled potato will probably be your best option. I don't think there would be any harm in eating some soft or hard boiled eggs too. They can be delicious without any seasoning.
>>
>>8185768

I swear that misspelling palate is a meme on ck. I literally have never seen it spelled correctly aside from when someone is posting to correct someone else's spelling. At this point I can't believe that it's an accident.
>>
>>8185464
I'm poor, and have done this before out of necessity. Granted, with salt, and nonstick spray.

The last time I tasted red meat was maybe 6 months ago, and it was delicious.

When you're finished with your challenge, have a meaty pizza on my behalf.
>>
>>8185464
you read le trashman's diet book, didn't you
>>
>>8185872
I think that 50% of the time it's le ebin maymay and the other 50% of the time it's genuine retards who have no business communicating in a written format. Wa la.
>>
Please don't tell me you got the idea to do this from Penn Jillette's potato fast. In his own words, if you are taking medical advice from a magician, you are an asshole.
>>
>AMA

You need to go back
>>
>>8185464

You know you're a total fucktard, right?
>>
>>8186231
>>AMA
> You need to go back
YOU need to go back
>I'm a a real assassin for hire /b/ ask me anything
>>
just bake them without oil and salt you stupid fuck
>>
I actually did this for a month before with the only extra being b12 fortified nutritional yeas
Lost a fuck ton of weight
Blood work improved significantly
All the "but muh deficiencies if you don't have exactly X of this vitamin you'll get sick" is a load of bull.
Good luck friendo
>>
>>8185464
You will be surprised how difficult it is to be bored with this.
But I would recommend you allow yourself salt or you will feel like shit after a few days.

Also, boil them. I find boiled much easier to stomach for weeks at a time.
>>
>>8186234
You know you're a total trolltard, right?
>>
So you're literally just trying to undo your shit taste so whatever food you eat after this stunt is going to taste like heaven. Sounds fucking retarded, OP. After a month of only eating one ingredient I'm sure cup ramen would taste amazing. Why don't you just start getting used to eating decent food instead of taking an extreme measure for the sake of winning a petty bet?
>>
>>8186303
>After a month of only eating one ingredient I'm sure cup ramen would taste amazing.
I can attest to this. Once, I was so sick of ramen, putting it to my lips nearly made me puke. No joke. I really almost hurled.

Then after dropping ramen for alternatives, I eventually found myself on a potato diet.(with broccoli onions and eggs) Eventually, I got sick of potatoes, and went back to ramen. It was like I never ate ramen before. The first bowl tasted far better than I remembered.

Moral of the story is: You need variety. Variety is the spice of life.
>>
The "no salt" thing might be a real issue.
You need salt to live, man.
>>
>>8185464

We get it you're irish
>>
>>8186317
there's sodium in potatoes
>>
You will probably give up a week in. Such extremist approaches never work well and if you had the discipline for it you wouldn't need to do it in the first place.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.